Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

'Neutraceutical water.' It's good for you! Just ask this scientician!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It boggles my mind that he would have any actual fans so chasing off gaters seems like a poor choice for him

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
cant lose any fans if you dont have any

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

site posted:

cant lose any fans if you dont have any

*taps forehead*

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Retro Futurist posted:

It boggles my mind that he would have any actual fans so chasing off gaters seems like a poor choice for him

The bitch of it is that Miller is basically the Chuck Asay of modern American comics. He's genuinely talented. He's also dumb to the bone and angry about it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
speaking of, has anybody heard or seen any proof that cyberfrog actually shipped like evs claimed a couple weeks ago

https://twitter.com/marclombardi/status/1171817396409110528

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm sure he's going to claim they were all lost in transit to him.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They were all stolen by SJWs and the only way to really stick it to them is to fund his new, even pricier Kickstarter so that he can send out even more copies with special, anti-SJW runes embedded in the ink.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wanderer posted:

The bitch of it is that Miller is basically the Chuck Asay of modern American comics. He's genuinely talented. He's also dumb to the bone and angry about it.

I was going to find some Miller art to see if this is accurate, but his website seems to redirect to an online pharmacy which is kind of hilarious in itself.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

From what I remember of his terrible, terrible webcomic which featured a black character who dreamed about Obama being murdered before being sworn into office, he was not very good at drawing.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Mike Miller did a lot of the Injustice digital comics, including the famous panel where Superman puts his hand through Joker's chest. It's decent, clean sequential art.

His webcomic is awful, but it's because of the ideas he's working to convey.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
Miller wasn't even the best artist on Injustice (that'd probably be Redondo), but his stuff is definitely better than most of the ComicsGate projects I've seen.

What was he fighting with EVS about?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

vseslav.botkin posted:

Miller wasn't even the best artist on Injustice (that'd probably be Redondo), but his stuff is definitely better than most of the ComicsGate projects I've seen.

What was he fighting with EVS about?

Apparently - according to Miller - Ethan badmouths Miller on his stream and Miller loses subs on his YouTube. So it's a pasty alt-right slapfight.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure he's going to claim they were all lost in transit to him.

Yeah shouldn't copies have been arriving already?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Apparently - according to Miller - Ethan badmouths Miller on his stream and Miller loses subs on his YouTube. So it's a pasty alt-right slapfight.

So Miller is a devout Christian, and REALLY hates gay people, going so far as to post "Pride is a Sin" on Pride Day.

Ethan's bunch of psycophants that he points in a direction to "destroy his enemies" roleplay as Roman Centurions, calling EVS Caesar and poo poo. They also make memes of their enemies' list, one of which was Mike Miller who they put into a few pictures where he was standing naked with other artists.

Miller hates homosexuals so much that he left Comicsgate because Sciver wouldn't disavow War Campaign, and it was hysterical.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

I wish they'd really fight. PPV that poo poo.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Wanderer posted:

Mike Miller did a lot of the Injustice digital comics, including the famous panel where Superman puts his hand through Joker's chest. It's decent, clean sequential art.
Talking about another type of terribleness in the comic industry...

When I saw that Injustice panel, all I could think of was the (as I recall) poorly drawn and colored cover of Wolverine slamming his claws up into someone's neck waddle and out through the head. (It was probably a robot, of course.) I remember someone in BSS subtitling it as "I loving love adamantium claws!!!!"

Does this ring a bell for anyone? If so, any idea about the title & issue number?

Apologies for the interruption but the quoted post generated an itch I needed to scratch.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

First google result for Arthur Suydam Wolverine.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Open Marriage Night posted:

First google result for Arthur Suydam Wolverine.

Awesome, thank you!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Phylodox posted:

They were all stolen by SJWs and the only way to really stick it to them is to fund his new, even pricier Kickstarter so that he can send out even more copies with special, anti-SJW runes embedded in the ink.
Will it have Real KISS Blood?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Nessus posted:

Will it have Real KISS Blood?
Hey man, Gene Simmons is a dirtbag but don't lump him in with Cyberfrog and Comicsgate...

The KISS comic actually came out. And it really did have their blood in it, they had a notary confirm it and everything.

KISS will sell you any trash in the world, but you get that trash.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Edge & Christian posted:

Hey man, Gene Simmons is a dirtbag but don't lump him in with Cyberfrog and Comicsgate...

The KISS comic actually came out. And it really did have their blood in it, they had a notary confirm it and everything.

KISS will sell you any trash in the world, but you get that trash.

Simmons' son, however, traced the manga Bleach and released it as his own :v:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Technically, the story line was orig...not Bleach's story. He also ripped off One Piece and a few other manga series. It was a mini scandal when it happened.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Covok posted:

Technically, the story line was orig...not Bleach's story. He also ripped off One Piece and a few other manga series. It was a mini scandal when it happened.
I remember that single issue that was ripping off Jojo's complete with "Stands," which mysteriously never had a second issue.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Nessus posted:

I remember that single issue that was ripping off Jojo's complete with "Stands," which mysteriously never had a second issue.

There was more than one issue, IIRC. Also, I never read Jojos so, if it was ripping that off too, then I take back my comment.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Covok posted:

There was more than one issue, IIRC. Also, I never read Jojos so, if it was ripping that off too, then I take back my comment.
Oh no that was a separate comic called "Diesel," which did have redrawn art but was outright stealing the plot line off Jojo's. It's more that this is not the first time some fail son has just straight up stolen a manga on the theory, I guess, of "who would know?"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Nessus posted:

Oh no that was a separate comic called "Diesel," which did have redrawn art but was outright stealing the plot line off Jojo's. It's more that this is not the first time some fail son has just straight up stolen a manga on the theory, I guess, of "who would know?"

"Who would know," I say while introducing my new character "The Amazing Arachkid", a teen from Queens who was given spider-powers with a strong sense of guilt emanating from the death of his uncle.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Covok posted:

"Who would know," I say while introducing my new character "The Amazing Arachkid", a teen from Queens who was given spider-powers with a strong sense of guilt emanating from the death of his uncle.

Diesel came out when JoJo was still pretty obscure outside Japan. In fact, the guy who made Diesel hadn't read the manga, just seen the OVA, which is why he chose N'Doul to rip off for the villain of the first issue.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Tangential to comics gate, Zoe Quinn is sorta back on Twitter. Sounds like they're just going to use it to promote their own work and not actually engage with it, which is probably the healthiest way of handling things.

https://twitter.com/UnburntWitch/status/1172294540117458944?s=19

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 13, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zoe use they/them pronouns fyi.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

Zoe use they/them pronouns fyi.

Noted and fixed.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

The top reply in the chain is from Monica Lewinsky.

This is such a weird time and place to be alive.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Aside from that and a heart emoji from Kieron Gillen the replies are almost entirely a complete poo poo show (including fake messages photoshopped to look like Zoe Quinn made up the abuse accusations) so I don't recommend reading the replies.

On the upside Quinn is apparently doing a horror one shot starring Donna Troy, which they seem appropriate for.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Wanderer posted:

I don't know Zoe, but it sounds like it makes sense. Monica Lewinsky is a huge anti-bullying advocate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7Eh6JTKIg

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Aside from that and a heart emoji from Kieron Gillen the replies are almost entirely a complete poo poo show (including fake messages photoshopped to look like Zoe Quinn made up the abuse accusations) so I don't recommend reading the replies.

On the upside Quinn is apparently doing a horror one shot starring Donna Troy, which they seem appropriate for.

Fun story: I'm the guy in those replies pointing out how obvious that Photoshop was, and then so many gaters tired to get into my account that Twitter locked it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

IUG posted:

I don't know Zoe, but it sounds like it makes sense. Monica Lewinsky is a huge anti-bullying advocate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7Eh6JTKIg

It's just a case of two streams crossing unexpectedly. You're right; it makes a fair bit of sense in a couple of different ways for Lewinsky to be tracking this.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/chloehandler/status/1173640732663537665

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had no idea it was Christmas.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
The perfect size to fit in Donald Trump's hands as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
didnt realize it was gonna be like archie digest size too lol