Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
It's very progressive of Wizards to promote beast/gingerbread man romance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

little munchkin posted:

you don't use vanilla extract to make gingerbread, 0/10

You use the vanilla for the frosting, 10/10.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
this lil dudder wasn't posted

not much to say, but weasel

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

That'll go nicely in Cavalcade.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Finally, a goblin!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
also that variant is really pretty

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Count Bleck posted:

Food Golem.

This works as a replacement for the 1/1 for 1 with haste in Red that's rotating out.

It also works in Cavalcade.

Or anything that cares about food.

It's a pretty good card and might actually see some play. And I love the flavor.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

So his stats are all stars?

:lol: and BOOOOOOO

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

axeil posted:

And I love the flavor.

booooo

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

red already has https://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=457264

and its pay 1: for nearly unblockable is better

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

vegetables posted:

Wizards’ reluctance to do fun silly things even on a world full of candy cane houses is the worst

They gotta get over themselves.

I wanted a (legacy playable) fairy tale planeswalker so bad, but even a 6 mana do-nothing would have been fine too.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

little munchkin posted:

you don't use vanilla extract to make gingerbread, 0/10

Could be for the frosting

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

I like that art. Also Captain Britain? Was that originally a reference to some Camelot thing?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Kurtofan posted:

Goblin Knight Cat Snake

Arivia posted:

That'll go nicely in Cavalcade.

Goblin Banneret is already in standard, so maybe if you explicitly want that same body without mentor...

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lone Goat posted:

Goblin Knight Cat Snake

Ferret is a supported creature type and wasn’t used
the cowards at Wizards will taste my steel for this affront

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Ferret is a supported creature type and wasn’t used
the cowards at Wizards will taste my steel for this affront

The mount usually doesn't get into the type line. Otherwise there would be a lot of human knight horses and elf knight foxes.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Kurieg posted:

The mount usually doesn't get into the type line. Otherwise there would be a lot of human knight horses and elf knight foxes.

*narrows eyes, unsheaths Hattori Hanzo blade*

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

vegetables posted:

Wizards’ reluctance to do fun silly things even on a world full of candy cane houses is the worst

Counter-point, but I'm glad Magic can tap into silly worlds without going full Smash Up. Eldraine nearly breaks the fourth wall with references to fairy tales, which hasn't happened on this level since Arabian Nights, but as wacky as that is, there's limits and it doesn't go into full Hearthstone-like wackiness. Would I have liked to see a Magic-al realistic take on Puss in Boots? Maybe a normal-looking cat with black paws ("boots")? Sure, but there's other fairy tales I'm sure were cut from the design doc also. The "too silly" reasoning bothers me because there's probably no fairy tale that can't be twisted into something more on Magic's level while still maintaining the reference, but I'd love to see an article from Maro about what other things were cut.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

LifeLynx posted:

Counter-point, but I'm glad Magic can tap into silly worlds without going full Smash Up. Eldraine nearly breaks the fourth wall with references to fairy tales, which hasn't happened on this level since Arabian Nights, but as wacky as that is, there's limits and it doesn't go into full Hearthstone-like wackiness. Would I have liked to see a Magic-al realistic take on Puss in Boots? Maybe a normal-looking cat with black paws ("boots")? Sure, but there's other fairy tales I'm sure were cut from the design doc also. The "too silly" reasoning bothers me because there's probably no fairy tale that can't be twisted into something more on Magic's level while still maintaining the reference, but I'd love to see an article from Maro about what other things were cut.

one of their core planeswalkers is a walking, talking cat man. they could have done puss in boots fine.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
https://twitter.com/Boss_MTG/status/1171844485757751296?s=19

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Magic cards today are getting too silly, this fairy tale set is ruining the tone of the game. Magic was better when cards were more serious, like this one

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

holy poo poo

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Ajani's Boots as some kind of equipment

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Oh

OH

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

THEY FORGOT!

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Ahahahahahahaha

Over/under 2 hours for the apology tweet

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

:d2a:

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Count Bleck posted:

Food Golem.

Windmill slam this card (metaphorically) when someone complains that Kenrith giving haste to all creatures only benefits the active player. I love the flavor.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
I don't think Gingerbrute is a high pick either, but nevertheless someone is going to own me with it in limited on a stalled board with some rando equipment.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Retromancer posted:

I'm trying to figure out how to do boy who cried wolf. top down design is hard.

-X
2G
Legendary Creature-Human
1/1

T: tap 2 target creatures, then Roll a 6 sided die. on a 1, target opponent creates a 4/4 wolf token

Lying Lookout, 2/2 human scout.

T: create 2 1/1 human tokens with vigilance and place a falsehood counter on Lying Lookout. Then, if there are 3 or more falsehood counters on lying lookout target opponent creates a 4/4 wolf token with "when this token enters fhe battlefield its controller may have it fight target human."

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

BG

1/2

At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that opponent exiles the top card of their library. If it's a non-human creature card with power 3 or greater, that opponent may put it onto the battlefield, then it fights up to one creature of that opponent's choice. Otherwise, you draw a card and lose 1 life.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

:eyepop:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Brain guy-ser

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
that card is sweet. Glad we're getting 3 mono payoffs to replace our dominaria friends.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

ilmucche posted:

How does something like this apply in relation to humility and intangible virtue?

Also this applies to your opponent's creatures too..

Humility will always override this. It will take away the ability of the archon that sets p/t.

Intangible virtue will modify the new p/t of the creature. All effects that modify power/toughness are applied after effects that set power/toughness.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmfao and I only keep laughing the more I think about it

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Whole lot of broke brains in the comments

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Tainen posted:

Whole lot of broke brains in the comments

But remembering is an activated ability...

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

lol come on, it's a loving tower, does everything has to do about 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
WATCH RAPUNZEL START A loving WAR