Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lol, it's a censored summary of the 'reasonable worst case'. Not the base scenario that already got leaked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Yellowhammer posted:

Private sector companies' behaviour will be governed by commercial considerations, unless influenced otherwise.

Behold, the invisible hand of the free market!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Seems... Brief? Is this just a summary?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think they just censored lots of it so that they can "release" it.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Looks like this is just a summary of the presumptions they had while making it?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Has anyone said operation pisshammer yet :smugdon:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
well the concluding page does provide a good summary

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

NewMars posted:

Looks like this is just a summary of the presumptions they had while making it?
Planning assumptions, it says. So, the reasonable worst case to prepare for (which they're still not doing lol).

I mean I still fully expect some well-sourced leak to pop up any second saying "actually this is only like 1/56 of the full thing". Very interested to see what was redacted though considering they left in that our medicine supply will be reduced by 60% (!) for 6 loving months.

e: lol@[20], "there is an assumption that there will be no major change to social care, because we already hosed it all up lol. For real tho it's gonna get worse"

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I suppose it was too naive to expect for the entire unedited document to be released.

Also lol at point 18.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

Skarsnik posted:

Point 17, yeah no poo poo

Wonder what the redacted bit is

We had the original version posted in this thread around a week ago. I'm comparing now, It's mostly the same with some layout changes- I think the redacted bit is about Northern Ireland which was in the old and is absent from the new.

pastebin.com/7gjc6qgy

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

feedmegin posted:

I have just Got another stealth Pratchett pun holy poo poo
Part of the biggest blessing in reading Pratchetts works for a paronomasiac like me was discovering all the puns.
They're all over his books, even the non-Discworld ones.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Skarsnik posted:

Wonder what the redacted bit is

it's just Boris calling Cameron gay for several paragraphs

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Didn't parliament ask for the entire document, uncensored?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

Didn't parliament ask for the entire document, uncensored?

Yes, but that doesn't mean that the public get to see it unredacted.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Just occurred to me that Tom Watson must be loving gutted that this and the Court of Session judgment both came up on the day he made his latest grand play against Corbyn, he's been quiet for long enough that he must have been planning this for a while :laugh:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Skarsnik posted:

Has anyone said operation pisshammer yet :smugdon:
It's a mispronunciation of Piss Hamster, which is the kompromat Putin has on Alexandrei Borishnikov 'Boris' de Petrovich Johnson :tinfoil:

MrTundra
Aug 19, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

Re: cooking I also find a way to make things taste good (aside from turning them brown with animal fat in a frying pan) is to add more ingredients.

As above poo poo like worcester sauce is great cos it just adds more flavour. A big reason why some things taste crap is that they don't have enough flavours in them, so you get things that taste very samey. What you're actually tasting is like, the cheap LED problem of only having a couple of spikes of flavour across the entire spectrum of your palate, so stuff like fermented sauces or even just combining a bunch of crap ingredients together can produce a much fuller flavour profile.

Sadly all my favourite stuff for this is animal based, but you don't necessarily need a huge amount of it. Blue cheese, beef dripping for cooking in, worcester sauce, meat stock and the like all work in small amounts so you can still cut your consumption of animal products way down if you just use them where they count.

I find pontack to be a really good meat free alternative to Worcestershire sauce - there are probably even still enough ripe elderberries around in some parts of the country to make up a batch this weekend.

This is not the recipe I normally use (I'm away from home and don't have access to my recipes) but it looks similar enough that it should give a good idea. I'd use mace rather than nutmeg if possible since the sauce will be smoother without ground spices.

https://honest-food.net/wild-game/sauces-for-wild-game/pontack-an-elderberry-sauce/

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013
This seems to be the redacted bit, unless I'm missing it in the released document?

"Tariffs make UK petrol exports to the EU uncompetitive. Industry had plans to mitigate the impact on refinery margins and profitability, but UK government policy to set petrol import tariffs at 0% inadvertently undermines these plans. This leads to big financial losses and the closure of two refineries (which are converted to import terminals) with about 2,000 direct job losses. Resulting strike action at refineries would lead to disruptions to fuel availability for 1-2 weeks in the regions they directly supply. Government analysis of the impact of no-deal on refineries continues."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jedit posted:

Yes, but that doesn't mean that the public get to see it unredacted.

So first order of business is to read it out in parliament once they sit again I guess.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Tom Watson is having a normal one today. Not sure why he is so desperate to smear supporters of presidential candidates...

https://twitter.com/CobraKeiser/status/1171820841270747137

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

crispix posted:

An elderly person in my family to this day still answers the telephone by saying his town name followed by the last 6 digits of his number. There probably was a time when that was a standard thing that people with home telephones did.

When they first put phones in to Cirencester my grandparents house was Cirencester 2.

1 was the post office.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Remember when they said everything would be dandy and brilliant the first day of brexit.
We would be rolling in the new trade deals.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Kevino07 posted:

Tom Watson is having a normal one today. Not sure why he is so desperate to smear supporters of presidential candidates...

https://twitter.com/CobraKeiser/status/1171820841270747137

A bad day for Toms Watson.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

happyhippy posted:

Remember when they said everything would be dandy and brilliant the first day of brexit.
We would be rolling in the new trade deals.

Red white and bluUuUUuuuueeeEEeee body bags for all.

Well not all, there will be a shortage.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

crispix posted:

Red white and bluUuUUuuuueeeEEeee body bags for all.

Well not all, there will be a shortage.

Ditches for most

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

ItohRespectArmy posted:

More like suicide via shooting himself in the back of the head twice

No, no, he'll be found zipped up inside a gym bag and the coroner will conclude it's a suicide.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/RosamundUrwin/status/1171864228879372289

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

There's also a redacted section apparently, not sure which one.

reposting the old leaked BASE SCENARIO summary

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Borrovan posted:

Just occurred to me that Tom Watson must be loving gutted that this and the Court of Session judgment both came up on the day he made his latest grand play against Corbyn, he's been quiet for long enough that he must have been planning this for a while :laugh:

He got himself a nice slot on the news though

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

baka kaba posted:

He got himself a nice slot on the news though

But nobodies really talking about it. As much as it is on the news it isn't the news.

I think he expected it to be a lot bigger and a lot more important than it turned out to be.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like that one isn't very stealth if you have ever heard of the stone of scone :v:

Ohhhh wait I didn't think it was explictly called that in the books but I guess it is

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Private Speech posted:

There's also a redacted section apparently, not sure which one.

reposting the old leaked BASE SCENARIO summary

Someone posted it upthread but its probably the bit about a couple of oil refineries shutting down, likely because it's easy to work out who it is and that'll be commercially sensitive information

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Josef bugman posted:

But nobodies really talking about it. As much as it is on the news it isn't the news.

I think he expected it to be a lot bigger and a lot more important than it turned out to be.

Well sure, but it's a bit "here's Labour laying out their position!!" in a prominent slot. Even if people aren't really talking about it the news still gave him a platform to address the nation or whatever

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

crispix posted:

An elderly person in my family to this day still answers the telephone by saying his town name followed by the last 6 digits of his number. There probably was a time when that was a standard thing that people with home telephones did.

When we had a land line that's how we all used to answer - just the number though, not the town.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

baka kaba posted:

Well sure, but it's a bit "here's Labour laying out their position!!" in a prominent slot. Even if people aren't really talking about it the news still gave him a platform to address the nation or whatever

True, but once again it's only going to be crazy people, such as ourselves, who are doing this/paying that much attention.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Well I don't like cooking because I don't have the talent for it. I can follow a recipe, but I definitely couldn't make something up on the fly because I really have no idea what I'm doing. And if I haven't got an ingredient the recipe calls for, I panic.

There are people that can taste a dish on the stove and go "hmmm that needs more salt". I'm not one of those people, I have no loving clue what a dish needs more of to taste betterer

E: but it's cheap and I like money so I saved a bunch of my favorite recipes and use them so often I can do them on autopilot and end up with :yum:

Long way back, but I'm pretty much an exemplar of Dunning Kruger for cooking. I just throw random poo poo into a pot and every time it turns out shite I'm surprised. My current side dish is green beans sauteed in butter with chorizo, following no recipe whatsoever but it tastes alright I guess.

I also made a 'stir fry' with meatballs, paneer, asparagus and nandos hot sauce the other day.

Oh look, yellow hamster.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
It would have been better if the entire report turned out to be the word "gently caress" written eight thousand times.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Marmite bolognese

get out

due to past behaviour I'm afraid you've permanently lost your bolognese discussion privileges

feedmegin posted:

Ohhhh wait I didn't think it was explictly called that in the books but I guess it is

it's the Scone of Stone, because dwarf bread is made out of rock

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Angrymog posted:

When we had a land line that's how we all used to answer - just the number though, not the town.

All this chat has made me realise I still remember my nana's phone number despite it being probably 25 years since I last saw, heard or dialled it. First memory that came back was my pop's voice saying 5094 and then the rest flooded back. I think UKMT just gave me back my only memory of my pop's voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

baka kaba posted:

From seeing how it was shown on the news during the day (we have it on in the office which has been pleasingly amusing recently) it felt like Corbyn got at least as much screen time as Watson which was good, though before the proroguation judgement came out there was quite a lot of bullshit being thrown around by talking heads as you might expect. Len McCluskey dropped some loving huge shade on Watson which was hilarious and they even let him do a pretty long bit on how Labour's brexit policy is the only one which makes sense.