Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

Less "Brock ages" and more "What age is Brock supposed to be again?" "Well he's a horndog and also the responsible adult... so I dunno 20?" "Ah who cares, that sounds fine"

The best case scenario is they could give less of a gently caress about character consistency anymore. His stated age in the anime is literally 15. Oh and Misty is 10 apparently.....

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Turns out Olivia was 14 all along.

So, CoroCoro should be leaking any day now... and we didn't get a SwSh update besides the Direct. So unless, like, tomorrow or during TGS something gets posted, CoroCoro will likely just repeat the camping and 2 new pokemon.

Either they're being good about hiding stuff, or we're getting around 50 new pokemon.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
As a kid I always read Brock as being much older than Ash. So like, 19.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I always thought of Brock as Master Roshi's nephew

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 11, 2019

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

But what size was pikachu’s bust

I think you mean his jellies

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Turns out Olivia was 14 all along.

She's 26+ because she's worried she's reaching the age that she's no longer considered worthwhile as a potential wife

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please ban the pokemon anime unless it's just the funny little creatures interacting with each other with zero dialog

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

does Brock even state his age in the original or was that a dub only thing

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

She's 26+ because she's worried she's reaching the age that she's no longer considered worthwhile as a potential wife

Is this a japanese thing or purely an Olivia thing cuz' this sounds more than a little....odd I guess..

Nodosaur posted:

does Brock even state his age in the original or was that a dub only thing

His anime age is listed on bulbapedia. It didn't say it was dub specific.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Everybody is 10 years old in the anime.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dehry posted:

Everybody is 10 years old in the anime.

Especially Agatha.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Flopsy posted:

Is this a japanese thing or purely an Olivia thing cuz' this sounds more than a little....odd I guess..
it's a japanese thing

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

His anime age is listed on bulbapedia. It didn't say it was dub specific.

It's a Japanese thing, based on how (christmas) cakes get discounted on Dec 25th and means that unmarried women older than 25 are past their prime

It's not as commonplace as it used to be, but it still exists

Tangentially related to why you rarely see anime about older people, because Japan cherishes childhood - hence why Ash is always ten

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Vinylshadow posted:

I think you mean his jellies

She's 19. You stop being a Trial Captain at 20.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Silegna posted:

She's 19. You stop being a Trial Captain at 20.

She's a Kahuna, not a Trial Captain

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
You people are overheating your brains trying to puzzle out the canon timeline to the pokemon anime as it's just going "Haha it's funny cause they're both rock type trainers and also lonely losers".

Relax.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They just want to know if it's ok to draw Brock using rock smash (it's not)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Pokemon Megathread: Gen 5 was the worst, Grass is too weak, and I've got many theories on how old Ash Ketchum really is.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

"Having a character believing in the Christmas Cake concept may mark them as being likewise old-fashioned"

Ok I get it but....hum.... I guess it's just a bit off-putting to have an obviously young non-japanese women fretting about something that's considered very old fashioned even by their standards. It's a very culturally specific fear to have I guess. It'd be like applying very specific american traits to a Japanese person without context.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 11, 2019

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Flopsy posted:

"Having a character believing in the Christmas Cake concept may mark them as being likewise old-fashioned"

Ok I get it but....hum.... I guess it's just a bit off-putting to have an obviously non-japanese women fretting about something that's considered very old fashioned even by their standards. It's a very culturally specific fear to have I guess. It'd be like applying very specific american traits to a Japanese person without context.

But there's plenty of anime with little girls shooting guns

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

But there's plenty of anime with little girls shooting guns

Oh my sweet summer child. Shooting a gun doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what gun culture is like in this country. Generally a coherent reason is provided in those cases to carry and or fire one. Find me an anime where they're marching around with an assault rifle on their person to put Walmart in their place.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 11, 2019

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
There's also fat people in anime

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Pokemon Megathread: Gen 5 was the worst, Grass is too weak, and I've got many theories on how old Ash Ketchum really is.

Reflects the state of the Pokémon franchise as a whole

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I like Charmander

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I like Charmander

God bless you son.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I like Charmander

fuckin normie over here. Bulbasaur forever.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I like Charmander

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Charmander is a poor man's Salandit

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Charmander is cool and good.

Also I am suprised how hard Erika was in LGP. Good thing I've had the foresight to go back to the Pokemon Center and teach my Pikachu Floaty Fall halfway through the gym. I don't remember Mega-Drain Tangelas being such a pain in the rear end in RBY.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kikas posted:

Charmander is cool and good.

Also I am suprised how hard Erika was in LGP. Good thing I've had the foresight to go back to the Pokemon Center and teach my Pikachu Floaty Fall halfway through the gym. I don't remember Mega-Drain Tangelas being such a pain in the rear end in RBY.

Mega drain is also like 90 power in LGP and like 40 power in RBY

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Bulbasaur forever.

:hmmyes:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flopsy posted:

Oh my sweet summer child. Shooting a gun doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what gun culture is like in this country. Generally a coherent reason is provided in those cases to carry and or fire one. Find me an anime where they're marching around with an assault rifle on their person to put Walmart in their place.

Someone frame this post

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

A Sometimes Food posted:

Less "Brock ages" and more "What age is Brock supposed to be again?" "Well he's a horndog and also the responsible adult... so I dunno 20?" "Ah who cares, that sounds fine"

Brock has always been an nebulous teenager-to-young-adult his entire existence.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Vinylshadow posted:

Japan cherishes childhood

we know

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i love Games > The Pokemon Megathread

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Mega drain is also like 90 power in LGP and like 40 power in RBY

It kinda is annoying they keep in poo poo like this but remove abilities.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The only thing weak about grass is that there are only 3 grass TMs and the only decent one is kept to either absolute endgame or post game.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Loser's Club update:

Shiny Raticate, Butterfree, Parasect, Farfetch'd, Kingler. Haven't picked up Voltorb yet. Just finished Sabrina's gym. Everyone is mid-40s and more glass pop guns than glass cannons.

Parasect and Butterfree have carried so far, but Kingler will likely do a lot of heavy lifting once I get Ice Beam. I caught a Modest Krabby and grinded from 15 to 45 in the Pokemon Tower in a desperate attempt to raise his Spl Atk to a respectable level.

Hasn't been too difficult thus far. Everyone can hold their own pretty well but trainer/gym 'mons are starting to paste a couple of my guys on the reg.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

TheHoosier posted:

Loser's Club update:

Shiny Raticate, Butterfree, Parasect, Farfetch'd, Kingler. Haven't picked up Voltorb yet. Just finished Sabrina's gym. Everyone is mid-40s and more glass pop guns than glass cannons.

Parasect and Butterfree have carried so far, but Kingler will likely do a lot of heavy lifting once I get Ice Beam. I caught a Modest Krabby and grinded from 15 to 45 in the Pokemon Tower in a desperate attempt to raise his Spl Atk to a respectable level.

Hasn't been too difficult thus far. Everyone can hold their own pretty well but trainer/gym 'mons are starting to paste a couple of my guys on the reg.

Is the final boss going to be Pennywise?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Blue is a clown who pops up everywhere, so id say yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Flopsy posted:

Is the final boss going to be Pennywise?

Blacephalon isn’t until Ultra Sun.