Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheShrike

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

oh, no, i wasn't trying to be cruel-- text-only banter really misses something.

let me edit that and try again.

your joke really threw me off because i thought your sig was related, but then i noticed it was on every one of your posts and brain imploded. :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheShrike posted:

your joke really threw me off because i thought your sig was related, but then i noticed it was on every one of your posts and brain imploded. :thunk:

...goddamnit, i thought i turned that signature off.

edit: i had sigs and avatars turned off for the longest time when i worked at an old job.

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 8, 2019

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but i do humbly apologize, sweetwillyrollbar, and will work to improve my posting.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

oh, no, i wasn't trying to be cruel-- text-only banter really misses something.

let me edit that and try again.

Haha. I keep getting myself into these situations. No worries!

TheShrike

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Haha. I keep getting myself into these situations. No worries!

Still having to manually rev up your car's motor every morning.
Every device handcranked, gotta set aside 30 minutes to hand crank your phone in the morning.
Literally every device - toilet flush has to be cranked for 30 seconds. Open the door? gotta crank 5 seconds. Want to have light in your apartment? Gotta crank about 2 minutes per each light.

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheShrike posted:

Every device handcranked, gotta set aside 30 minutes to hand crank your phone in the morning.
Literally every device - toilet flush has to be cranked for 30 seconds. Open the door? gotta crank 5 seconds. Want to have light in your apartment? Gotta crank about 2 minutes per each light.

you wanna read a novel of henrik ibsen? you have to turn the screw.

:rimshot:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

xcheopis

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

you wanna read a novel of henrik ibsen? you have to turn the screw.

:rimshot:

You're really screwed if you want to read Henry James.

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xcheopis posted:

You're really screwed if you want to read Henry James.

:doh:

google THIS

TheShrike posted:

A dystopian future where everyone has one really beefy arm.

Heather Papps

hello friend

google THIS posted:

A dystopian future where everyone has one really beefy arm.

one guy has two big arms, and is infinity king

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

It's me! Adult boy detective! You can call me Encyclopedia Beaten Black and Blue.
Encyclopedia Brown? Oh yah he's my cousin. He sucks.

Goons Are Gifts

Eldritch horror TED talks

"So, with this new invention we figured that we could raise our summoning horror success AND other dimension rift creation by at least 7%, but then we thought - why stop there?
How could we really bring nightmare inducing 'wet' dreams to a new level? Turns out, we just needed the innocence and naivity of a child to really up our fhtagn game.
Well, and its blood."

Heather Papps

hello friend

so we have quantified fear and loosh energy, and in this talk i will explain how we can use vril to

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
glad that my coworkers are not calling me fartzilla anymore but a little hurt they've started referring to me as "hurricane durian" instead

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

TheShrike posted:

Sorry I'm late, had to spend some extra time cranking this morning. My appliances work fine, I was just masturbating

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

*Handcranking my fleshlight for 20 minutes* "This'll all be worth it. I'll probably still be horny once this thing is ready to go. Looks over at the Playboy. Ahhhhhh crud, I didn't pre-crank that one. I better cancel my appointment this afternoon, this is gonna take all day." *Begins handcranking my telephone*

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
"Thank you for coming to my TEDx talk! Who among us here hasn't driven a wrenched mortal insane with our non-euclidean geometries? I know I have! *audience laughs politely*. Thank you. So, the one question I have for the audience... what is our greatest fear? Can we even fear? Can we hurt? Can we cry? Or are we too cold, too alien, too... eldritch for such insignificant emotions. Guys, I want to show you what it's like when eldritch monstrosities feel. I wan't you to think of the thing you hate about yourself. Maybe it's the way you gorge yourself on cultists at rituals, that "just one more" mentality that leaves populations decimated and people screaming. Maybe, like great Cthulhu, you spend all day asleep, dreaming. *breathes in too close to headset mic* Dreams are good! Dreams are healthy! But you know what's better than dreams? Taking those dreams and having the courage to tear reality asunder! Looking at yourself and saying *takes a drink of complementary Dasani bottled water, crunching plastic slightly* Hey, you know what? I am an unknowable monstrosity from eldritch realms! I deserve better than to do this to myself. I deserve to be like Cthulhu, Like Hauster, Like Nyarlathotep. I can run with the big dogs! I can be somebody. Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to tell you a story. *breathes in too close to headset mic again* I want to tell you about how my gap-year hijacking a human body changed my life for the better, how it taught me who I was, and who I was not. Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to help you live your best un-life!"

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

SardonicTyrant

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Goons Are Great posted:

Eldritch horror TED talks

"So, with this new invention we figured that we could raise our summoning horror success AND other dimension rift creation by at least 7%, but then we thought - why stop there?
How could we really bring nightmare inducing 'wet' dreams to a new level? Turns out, we just needed the innocence and naivity of a child to really up our fhtagn game.
Well, and its blood."
It's The Nightmare, with your Host, Micolash.

Heather Papps

hello friend

hello, and welcome to my TEDx talk;
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHELPAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHELPMEPLEASE
HELPMEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHELPAHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHNONONONONONONONONNONONON THE BLACK GOAT WITH A
THOUSAND YOUNG

IAHA IAH~!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jerry: You can't just steal a baby to use in an Eldritch ritual!
George: *rolling his eyes* I'll give it back, Jerry.

SardonicTyrant

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Gnarly lathotep.

Heather Papps

hello friend

The Clowner posted:

Jerry: You can't just steal a baby to use in an Eldritch ritual!
George: *rolling his eyes* I'll give it back, Jerry.

kramer burts in, eyes leaking black tar

jerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Rubber inner-tubes? I haven't even met her!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hi, i'm bob vila, and welcome to "this old ritual." as you might remember from our last episode, we found this beautiful alabaster altar that we're going to incorporate into our blood-oath summonings, but before we can do that, there's some restoration work we have to take care of-- luckily, we have with us today an expert in marble countertops, as well as a fellow devotee to yog-sototh: carl clayton. carl, what's that you're doing there?

oh hey, bob, when installing a second-hand altar, you really have to be careful that it isn't bound to some other deity, but a little chicken blood and some 1500-grit sandpaper can really do wonders...

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

ketchup
and
liquor

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Hahaha

FactsAreUseless

deep-sea explorer Johnny Deeper

FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

deep-sea explorer Johnny Deeper
"Johnny's dead. That's right, Ma. He was trying to go deeper. He was trying! He was trying!"

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Exited for the episode where Johnny gets the bends!

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

mountaincat

The first part is about sand-
wiches. The second part is
about morality.
"It's better than a kick in the crotch."

Ooh, better? Yessss.

"Well better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick anyway."

Uh huh. Right in the eye. Mmmm.

"What I mean is, it could be worse."

Yeah so bad, like a firm punishment.

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

The matrix but everyone is in those high-viz orange safety jackets

google THIS

sebmojo posted:

Instead of doing that little "come on" motion when starting a fight Neo turns his sign from STOP to SLOW.

Twenty Four

sebmojo posted:

google THIS posted:

Instead of doing that little "come on" motion when starting a fight Neo turns his sign from STOP to SLOW.

lol

Robot Made of Meat

I have seen the Fnords.

And given my choice, I'd probably get a Fnusion.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I have seen the Fnords.

And given my choice, I'd probably get a Fnusion.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

FactsAreUseless

google THIS posted:

Neo flipping backwards through the air in slow motion but instead of dodging bullets he's dodging busy commuters

google THIS

The freeway scene, exactly the same except they're not being chased or shot at and there are a lot more orange barrels.

FactsAreUseless

google THIS posted:

The freeway scene, exactly the same except they're not being chased or shot at and there are a lot more orange barrels.
The Nebuchadnezzar slowly making a three-point turn as those tentacle sentinel things wave away other traffic

Escape From Noise

You choose the red light - the story ends, you stay signaling at the intersection and believe whatever you want to believe. You choose the green light - you carefully drive to Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Neo driving solo around a race track, thinking he is making all the turns perfectly because of slow motion matrix time, but it turns out he just left the parking brake on.