Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Skwirl posted:

I believe the waking up part and seeing your cats staring at the door, because they'll just stare at poo poo.

my idiot orange cat is currently staring intently at absolutely nothing in a corner of the kitchen, can confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TheKennedys posted:

my idiot orange cat is currently staring intently at absolutely nothing in a corner of the kitchen, can confirm

Ahh, my idiot cat is orange too. Why are orange cats both the best cats and the dumbest?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

TheMostFrench posted:

Her name was clitty-jean, masturbates with the seam.

Clitty Jean is not my lover
She's just some girl who's having a furtive jerk
At a meeting at work

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Jollity Farm posted:

I tend to assume all dream stories are modified, though. None of my dreams are ever so coherent, and by the time I've got up and onto the internet, all I can remember is something like "I was looking for the room, but it wasn't there" which is not much of a Tumblr post on its own.

I have long rambling dreams almost every night and it's the goddamn worst. It's nothing twee and exciting, more like "I've adopted a bunch of dogs that turn into snakes, and I keep losing the lids to their tanks."

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

hyperhazard posted:

I have long rambling dreams almost every night and it's the goddamn worst. It's nothing twee and exciting, more like "I've adopted a bunch of dogs that turn into snakes, and I keep losing the lids to their tanks."

I'd prefer that to my current pattern, which is things like "wake up at 2:00 A.M. with the absolute certainty that if I don't make it downstairs in five seconds I'll die."

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Have you considered sleeping downstairs?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dienes posted:

There is a 100% chance this person tells strangers about their tulpas.

I tell people about my tulpas all the time, they’re a great Pathfinder monster.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I take drugs to block dreams.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
For a while I kept a notebook and pencil by my bed. To write down any dreams if I woke up in the middle of the night. Ended up with sentences like "Need more red penguins", "underwater wheelchair race" and "The shop was all out of staircases". Realised keeping a dream entry book was stupid.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

BattyKiara posted:

For a while I kept a notebook and pencil by my bed. To write down any dreams if I woke up in the middle of the night. Ended up with sentences like "Need more red penguins", "underwater wheelchair race" and "The shop was all out of staircases". Realised keeping a dream entry book was stupid.

Dream journals can help with recall, but guess it might depend on a person. I had to keep one for a psychology class in college and had some pretty vivid and memorable dreams in that week I kept it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Captain Monkey posted:

Have you considered sleeping downstairs?

Then I’d probably just try to run upstairs instead.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I like when my dreams seem really cool and entertaining and in the dream I’ll think drat I should write this down I’ll be rich and then I wake up and the dream was something like what if the animorphs had to fight the power rangers

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

a fatguy bald spot posted:

I like when my dreams seem really cool and entertaining and in the dream I’ll think drat I should write this down I’ll be rich and then I wake up and the dream was something like what if the animorphs had to fight the power rangers

I've had some pretty solid horror imagery in my dreams that I've written down to try and reuse later. One of them was extra creepy because I play music while I'm sleeping and I had added a Buckethead album to Spotify without listening to the whole thing, and when I'm close to waking up the music will sometimes come into my dream. It was this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Rffmb1Ilc

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
The only person interested in my dreams is my therapist.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I dreamed a sitcom the other night that at the time seemed brilliant. It was like Three's Company, except a Muslim, a Jew, and a WASPy white American girl, all non-religious except in how they were raised, and living in an apartment in the occupied Palestinian territories. Also the American girl was vegan. It was very important for some joke that I can't remember. Until I fully woke up I was convinced this was going to be an amazing show.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ReidRansom posted:

I dreamed a sitcom the other night that at the time seemed brilliant. It was like Three's Company, except a Muslim, a Jew, and a WASPy white American girl, all non-religious except in how they were raised, and living in an apartment in the occupied Palestinian territories. Also the American girl was vegan. It was very important for some joke that I can't remember. Until I fully woke up I was convinced this was going to be an amazing show.

Call Netflix. You can probably get at least 8 episodes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I would definitely watch that movie, though!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ReidRansom posted:

This has potential.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I just wish I could remember the joke!

It was probably non-sensical and not especially funny, but like, I still want to remember.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
I have an excellent dream journal, with gems such as "the needs of dough makers take precedence", "huge amoeba", and "18th century sluts with boobs on the calves of their legs"

(also some pretty involved plots but that's less fun)

Covski has a new favorite as of 22:24 on Sep 11, 2019

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

BattyKiara posted:

Those are all awesome story hooks tho

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Covski posted:

"18th century sluts with boobs on the calves of their legs"

I had a dream once in high school where the only lasting memory was the phrase "breasts on my hips," and twenty years later I am still not okay with it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

I had a fever and dreamed about having to screw a large wooden screw into some poor woman's bum because she was constipated and then I needed to borrow some pliers to pull the thing out but when I came back with the pliers everyone had been cleared out because Xi Jinping was about to arrive for a visit.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

I've had some pretty solid horror imagery in my dreams that I've written down to try and reuse later. One of them was extra creepy because I play music while I'm sleeping and I had added a Buckethead album to Spotify without listening to the whole thing, and when I'm close to waking up the music will sometimes come into my dream. It was this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Rffmb1Ilc

Bucket as sleep music seems, unusual. Not a terrible idea depending, but still.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Last time I had a dream I thought was worth writing down, it was an idea for a TV show that would have been a combination of The 100 and Battlestar Galactica and probably would have sucked.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Manuel Calavera posted:

Bucket as sleep music seems, unusual. Not a terrible idea depending, but still.

As long as it’s not especially abrasive or loud (like death metal or power metal) or has spoken word stuff (which I instinctively try to focus on), I can fall asleep to it. It gives my brain a distraction from all the thinking that would normally keep it awake when not completely exhausted.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My dream story nobody cares about:

There was this ghost that was forcing itself down my throat to kill or possess me or something? And I bit it.

That's when my girlfriend yelled and slapped me for waking her up by biting her in the back of the head.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
One time in my dream I told myself a joke that I didn’t get. It was something like, someone’s violin needed to be fixed, and someone in the dream said “I guess it’s ba-roque” and dream me was like “really? It seems like modern construction.”

I don’t know how it’s possible to not get a joke when the source of the joke is one’s own brain

e: none of the quotation marks or apostrophes I wrote seem to have made it into this post. At least on my phone they haven’t

GAINING WEIGHT... has a new favorite as of 02:53 on Sep 12, 2019

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
A few weeks ago, I dreamt that I was in the McDonalds drive through line for breakfast and offered to pay for everyone in front of me, but I changed all their meals to a single sausage biscuit and a tap water. I woke myself up laughing at my antics.

Dreaming is cool af

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

YOUR DREAMS ARE ALL INTERESTING AND TOTAL RELEVANT TO THIS THREAD!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
poo poo that has never not happened: someone saying "I don't want to hear about your dreams" and being met with a flood of "yeah i agree, but this one was just SO weird, can't make heads or tails of it".

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

omnibobb posted:

A few weeks ago, I dreamt that I was in the McDonalds drive through line for breakfast and offered to pay for everyone in front of me, but I changed all their meals to a single sausage biscuit and a tap water. I woke myself up laughing at my antics.

Dreaming is cool af

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kazil posted:

YOUR DREAMS ARE ALL INTERESTING AND TOTAL RELEVANT TO THIS THREAD!

Well they're poo poo and they didn't happen.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I swear I must be the only one who finds them even slightly interesting.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I like them. They help pass the time in this thread.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Bargearse posted:

I swear I must be the only one who finds them even slightly interesting.

I thought the ones people told here were interesting and fairly concisely presented.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

chitoryu12 posted:

As long as it’s not especially abrasive or loud (like death metal or power metal) or has spoken word stuff (which I instinctively try to focus on), I can fall asleep to it. It gives my brain a distraction from all the thinking that would normally keep it awake when not completely exhausted.

I can fall asleep to death metal

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Dream derail is pretty cool, as far as details go.

All these weird dreams make me miss remembering mine. :-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

I don’t know how it’s possible to not get a joke when the source of the joke is one’s own brain

I had one of these. The fat ghost uncle said he was going to "lose 10 pounds" and flew toward a food cart down the hall while a curtain was closing. His ghost powers didn't include passing through objects so he ran into the curtain and was denied the food. I didn't understand the quip until I woke up.

Brains are weird, but I've come to think that the dream joke was probably just recycled from a waking experience, and my dream self is just bad at getting (even terrible) jokes.