Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I was 150 pages into a book I didn’t think I had read but it seemed vaguely familiar in a few parts but totally new in others. Then a particular scene happened and yes I had read it. I wasted my EXTREMELY VALUABLE time on a book I had already finished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My glasses broke. I ordered 3 pairs for $100 because online is so cheap but it's going to be like a week before I get them.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

oldpainless posted:

I was 150 pages into a book I didn’t think I had read but it seemed vaguely familiar in a few parts but totally new in others. Then a particular scene happened and yes I had read it. I wasted my EXTREMELY VALUABLE time on a book I had already finished

More like oldandrunningoutoftimeless. gently caress, even I feel bad about that one. Were you enjoying it?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Thiiiis close to cutting cable for Sling. But we lost the TV remote years ago and use the one that came with the Cox cable box so now mom is hemming and whining about it. I told her to zip it, I'll look for a universal remote. So while am doing this on Amazon and finding close to 10k different ones, she decides now is good time for celery and is munching it as loudly as one can.

I don't think anyone can eat celery quietly but gently caress can you not after throwing a fit about losing your 100+ hours of DVR that always get maxed out because you rewatch the same poo poo you have recorded?

edit: Hahah. The firestick remote might work fine. Headphones solve the loving insanely low chomping noise (I am 100% she didn't see this post because as she walked by with a second bowlful, mentioned my grandma, always hated how loud she ate celery) and now the only FWP is I am too tired to do anything but it's too early for bed.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 01:44 on Aug 28, 2019

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

madeintaipei posted:

More like oldandrunningoutoftimeless. gently caress, even I feel bad about that one. Were you enjoying it?

It was bad enough thst I was like “I should just stop reading” but barely good enough that I was like “I’ll give it another chapter” which is just the worst type of book imo

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

oldpainless posted:

I recently did this with the Ultramarines omnibus, which I then promptly dropped. Then I started re-reading The Baroque Cycle for the second time :haw:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My wife no longer needs her CPAP machine, which means we need to call the lovely surgical supply company to schedule a time for someone to pick up the equipment. Their phone system sucks and they're so bad at getting back to us in a reasonable timeframe.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Thiiiis close to cutting cable for Sling. But we lost the TV remote years ago and use the one that came with the Cox cable box so now mom is hemming and whining about it. I told her to zip it, I'll look for a universal remote. So while am doing this on Amazon and finding close to 10k different ones, she decides now is good time for celery and is munching it as loudly as one can.

I don't think anyone can eat celery quietly but gently caress can you not after throwing a fit about losing your 100+ hours of DVR that always get maxed out because you rewatch the same poo poo you have recorded?

edit: Hahah. The firestick remote might work fine. Headphones solve the loving insanely low chomping noise (I am 100% she didn't see this post because as she walked by with a second bowlful, mentioned my grandma, always hated how loud she ate celery) and now the only FWP is I am too tired to do anything but it's too early for bed.

My boss is a notoriously loud eater. Getting earbuds was totally worth it to block out the noise.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can never find the right combo of food/caffeine/sleep.
I'm always tired and unfocused, even at my best.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I want/need to draw but I also just want to play Minecraft all day :saddowns:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
My friend is having her birthday party during the Mountain Goats concert.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I wanted to stay in and play video games since I'm taking a few days off for a staycation while my girlfriend is working, but my retired former contractor neighbor was able to help me with a fence this morning so we did that and now I don't have time to game before she gets back.
Fence is absolutely splendid but I really wanted to beat an empire in Stellaris before our evening plans...

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Inzombiac posted:

Same, I’ve been dealing with this for about 2 years and it feels like I’m really struggling to put together sentences sometimes. 😕

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I feel like shuffle plays some songs way more than others and I have to take a second to skip the song.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

moosecow333 posted:

I feel like shuffle plays some songs way more than others and I have to take a second to skip the song.

Spotify does this to me a lot. I wish there was an option to "snooze" a song and temporarily take it out of rotation for a while.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Inzombiac posted:

HOLY gently caress posted:

Same, I’ve been dealing with this for about 2 years and it feels like I’m really struggling to put together sentences sometimes. 😕

If you can, get tested for sleep apnea. I have been feeling the same for the last few years, and was finally diagnosed with severe sleep apnea a month ago. Currently in line to get a CPAP machine, and hopefully it won't be too long, because it's just been getting worse lately and I barely remember what it's like to wake up actually feeling rested.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I would but I don't want to look like a NERD.

I'd rather let my whole face collapse.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
loving Sirius XM. Somebody stole my ipod out of my car (Ipod classic 7th gen 160gig, fucken priceless), and terrestrial radio SUCKS, so I had to sign up for XM. But holy poo poo, any time I turn to Turbo or Liquid Metal, there' s a 67% chance that one or both stations will be playing lovely Metallica or lovely Tool. Drives me fucken nuts. THERE ARE OTHER BANDS, FUCKERS.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Nordick posted:

If you can, get tested for sleep apnea. I have been feeling the same for the last few years, and was finally diagnosed with severe sleep apnea a month ago. Currently in line to get a CPAP machine, and hopefully it won't be too long, because it's just been getting worse lately and I barely remember what it's like to wake up actually feeling rested.

I was tested for that, no sleep apnea for me. I hope you get your machine soon and it helps you out :unsmith:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
For the pickups of medical equipment, I really think there is some sitcom in the works, speaking as a third party delivery driver for a health care place that has wheelchairs, etc.

1. Customer needs item. Say, a wheelchair.
2. Customer/hospital places order for item with insurance
3. Insurance company person sends email to spam folder.
4. Repeat 1-3 several times until item is ordered.
5. Insurance place calls medical equipment depot and says hey, we need a toilet for customer.
6. Insurance place argues about what size toilet.
7. Medical equipment place waits 1-365 days for payment to happen.
8. Medical equipment place inputs order for delivery.
9. Cowslips arrives to pick up toilet, still being assembled.
10. Cowslips takes toilet to customer, who has been waiting between 1 and 365 days***. Customer is mad is not wheelchair.
11. Cowslips returns toilet to medical equipment place and tells them what customer wants.
12. Repeat but exchange toilet for crutches.

***assuming customer has not died, is still in hospital or is not home*

*bonus points if is breastpump and the poor new mom is in tears when told we can't leave it on the porch, someone has to sign for her, none of her neighbors are home, and it's a three day weekend so mom with newborn coming home in 6 hours cant have her breastpump.

Now for PICKUPS....

1. Medical equipment place wants wheelchair back. Usually this means the person has died.
2. Cowslips gets order to get wheelchair from customer.
3a. if customer is home, wheelchair may or may not have poo poo stains on it.
3b. if customer is home, wheelchair may or may not be in pieces.
3c. if customer is home, customer may need wheelchair still and is waiting for replacement to be delivered which means Cowslip can take this one, or reschedule it for later.
4. Cowslips takes filthy wheelchair back to medical equipment place. If lucky, they will clean it before we repeat the steps above.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My regular Starbucks order is now out of season so I have to customize it if I want it and that makes it more expensive.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Every time my boss is away, one of the people under him tries to step up and change everything to fit their vision.

It doesn't matter if he's gone a day or a week. It's really quite something.

Fortunately no one takes him all that seriously.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Toilets with wall sensors are the worst. You'd better sit up nice and straight at all times or else your rear end gets sprayed with poo poo and piss water! :barf:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Inzombiac posted:

Every time my boss is away, one of the people under him tries to step up and change everything to fit their vision.

It doesn't matter if he's gone a day or a week. It's really quite something.

Fortunately no one takes him all that seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B2OkjcqObg Is this your colleague?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Toilets with wall sensors are the worst. You'd better sit up nice and straight at all times or else your rear end gets sprayed with poo poo and piss water! :barf:

Whether shootin' or shittin', you have got to be nose over toes! How hard is that for Big Toilet to understand?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My son loves pesto, and we bought a brand we'd never used before. He's also allergic to spinach. Something possessed me to look at the ingredient list when I was making dinner the other night, and lo and behold. Spinach. It's not a problem that I didn't send my kid to the ER by way of pesto, but drat it, that's a whole jar I can't use now.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I need some new clothes since I lost weight but I cant find anything I like and am too tired to look very hard. So too big workout clothes it is! Thank god my work has no dress code besides “wear clothes”

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

See I was thinking Starscream

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

AngryRobotsInc posted:

My son loves pesto, and we bought a brand we'd never used before. He's also allergic to spinach. Something possessed me to look at the ingredient list when I was making dinner the other night, and lo and behold. Spinach. It's not a problem that I didn't send my kid to the ER by way of pesto, but drat it, that's a whole jar I can't use now.

I absolutely feel this.

I love pesto. I live in Italy, and most brands that make pesto cheap out and use cashews instead of pine nuts. Apparently they have almost the same consistency and taste so people don't notice the difference.

Slight problem: I'm deathly allergic to cashews.

There is exactly one brand that uses actual pine nuts and not cashews, so that's my go-to. But this also means that I cannot eat pesto when I'm at a restaurant, because if they use a brand that has cashews in it then whoops, that's a trip to the ER for me.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cashews are pretty expensive here in the states. Interesting that it can be used as a filler.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Mikl posted:

I absolutely feel this.

I love pesto. I live in Italy, and most brands that make pesto cheap out and use cashews instead of pine nuts. Apparently they have almost the same consistency and taste so people don't notice the difference.

Slight problem: I'm deathly allergic to cashews.

There is exactly one brand that uses actual pine nuts and not cashews, so that's my go-to. But this also means that I cannot eat pesto when I'm at a restaurant, because if they use a brand that has cashews in it then whoops, that's a trip to the ER for me.

Yeah. His allergy is easy enough to deal with usually, since Surprise Spinach isn't as common as, say, Surprise Corn or Surprise Peanuts. But when it does crop up, it's preeeetty annoying.

We have multiple food allergies and intolerances to deal with in the household (peanuts, lactose, spinach, carrots) so we're usually pretty good at checking ingredient lists, but we're so used to pesto being a safe option that this jar slipped by.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

There's an NFL-themed meetup at work today and I forgot to bring my Giants jersey.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I can't get Amazon video to work on my phone because I don't remember my Amazon account password despite the fact it is saved in Google. When I do get the account correct, apparently the enter the code to prove you're not a robot thing is always incorrect.

My co-worker and I are both watching undone, and he will not shut up about what happens in later episodes although he insists it's not a spoiler, I told him to knock it off but all he does is want to talk about it still because he's finished the entire series in two nights and I barely started.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Been unemployed for about 3 weeks now, and it's frustrating. I'm with a few agencies who know I'm looking for either permanent or temp work but not even getting temp shifts, and I just had an interview at very short notice yesterday afternoon that it was a miracle I got to only to fail to get the job becasue they were concerned about how long it would take to train me, and given I have 6 years related experience even the agency that got me that interview feel that that was bullshit and that I got robbed. I keep getting close, then failing at the last hurdle.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Why does Amazon insist on promising one day shipping only so they can gently caress it up and make it two or three day anyway?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The building operators for my store switched off our air conditioning because it's turning to fall and cooling off outside. But instead, we're getting massive amounts of heat pouring in from a connected building that's a giant refrigerator for penguins. All the heat expelled from their cooling system is pumped into our store to maximize heating efficiency when needed. But we don't need it yet because it's not that cold out yet. So it's currently 30C inside our store and we're all dying.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

What store do you work at that’s next to a penguin storage facility? Are these normal to be located next to each other, outside of a zoo?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Out of nowhere, my phone is kvetching that it won't let me use Google Pay without a goddamned lock screen on my phone.

I already have the maximum level of tolerable lock screen already, and that's "I swipe my thumb over the screen".

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cacafuego posted:

What store do you work at that’s next to a penguin storage facility? Are these normal to be located next to each other, outside of a zoo?

Guess where she happens to work at

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Cacafuego posted:

Surprise! It's a zoo. Also it turns out they didn't shut it off, the thermostat program poo poo itself and they can't override it. They're working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

skooma512 posted:

Why does Amazon insist on promising one day shipping only so they can gently caress it up and make it two or three day anyway?

I had an opposite fwp to that the other day. Amazon said it would take a week to deliver a set of four tires, instead they were stacked up in my driveway the very next day. Ah well, it only ate an hour out of that day.