Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The 90s was when the racists kept their heads down, we've regressed to the point of just saying any horrible stuff you want and absolutely never backing down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

fauna posted:

when does a chinese person living in australia become an australian?

What do the words “international student” mean to you

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

I am not probating anyone.

coward!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

JBP posted:

Pretty terrible that they were still being called that a distant 15 years after Nazis conquered Europe

how many chickens was it again??

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Recoome posted:

how many chickens was it again??

Idk many tens of thousands probably

Less than the 120k the factory does a day

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

As a Greens voter, chicken rights are more important than human rights and furthermore

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Aesculus posted:

As a Greens voter, chicken rights are more important than human rights and furthermore

confirmed

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

We had animal welfare people there the entire time and the co wouldn't let them in heh

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/AdamBandt/status/1172036401627459584

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
The ever loathsome Mr Potatohead is being loathsome in public once again.

quote:

Peter Dutton has referred to the two children of the Biloela Tamil family as “anchor babies” and blamed them for costing taxpayers millions of dollars in incendiary comments defending the government’s decision to deport the family.

In an interview on Thursday the home affairs minister echoed anti-immigrant rhetoric from the United States, borrowing a term used by Donald Trump to justify a plan to end birth-right citizenship, to claim Labor, the Greens and refugee activists are attempting to “bully” the Morrison government into allowing the family to stay

The logical extension of his argument is that refugees shouldn’t be allowed to have children (although he managed to not say that part out loud).

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Jesus loving Christ

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Albo made Gladys Lui cry

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

First they came for the right to protest, and I did not speak out—

Because I was a Chicken in a trade union dispute and clearly more important.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

A lot of momentum building against Gladys Liu here. Some of it's definitely good ol' fashioned Australian racism, but also LNP campaign/advertising in Chisholm was pretty hosed as well.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The ever loathsome Mr Potatohead is being loathsome in public once again.

The logical extension of his argument is that refugees shouldn’t be allowed to have children (although he managed to not say that part out loud).

Maybe if you are worried about spending money you could have I dunno, done literally, literally nothing and just ignored them forever.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

bowmore posted:

I think it's gone backwards tbh

it hasn't so much gone backwards as the entangling of xenophobia and racism means that the defensiveness of people who are xenophobic because they get lumped as racist nazis. All racists are xenophobes but not all xenophobes are racists. It's not easy to address and its lead to polarisation of peoples positions rather than going backwards due to defensive entrenching.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Recoome posted:

A lot of momentum building against Gladys Liu here. Some of it's definitely good ol' fashioned Australian racism, but also LNP campaign/advertising in Chisholm was pretty hosed as well.

Both parties aren't going to build too hard on this, NSW is the worst of course but both have been deep in getting money from the CCP soft power to keep up their overheads. ICAC is currently going over Labor's fuckups in this regard, the Liberal's now have one as an MP. They will cry racism of course when it is instead built on knowing the foreign policy realpolitik of the Chinese government.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/AntonyGreenABC/status/1171925261861842944

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I managed to get my single highest number of downvotes in a storied history of reddit shitposting by innocuously mentioning first dog might be funnier if it was an animated series or used fewer words

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

i mean he's not wrong

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Recoome posted:

i mean he's not wrong

Oh I agree entirely with it.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
no, seriously, if you dislike chinese people so much that you are obligated to vent itt about the rude rich international students who apparently ruin your life and share your sociological theories about how they got to be such an awful race, you are a racist. this isn't up for debate. you can't justify it after the fact by saying "i meant rich chinese people, not all chinese people! i just hate rich people!" you didn't storm in here to rant about how rude rich people are and you know it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Maybe the greens will win the next one by virtue of being an entirely white party.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

you are a racist, back in 2013 every other poster would have happily dogpiled you but times have changed and that no longer gives them their weird predatory little thrills so they're happy to keep quiet, but bursting into the thread to rave about how much you hate chinese international students, or chinese whatever other loving group you choose, is still racist, it will always be racist, and you need to look at who you are and what you personally believe in because you are playing the propagandists' game for them

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Who are you talking to

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Beijing is a tough topic, it's very hard to fully discuss or comprehend without sounding racist because the communist party has successfully turned most people, especially international students into soft power political agents.

So I know other people have jumped into this topic saying all sorts of things that sounds like yellow peril bullshit but it's very hard to elaborate that you hate CCP shilling and you hate rich people because most Chinese students are rich as gently caress, most likely from a family invested in the party because that's pretty much the primary way to get enough cash in China to send your kids to University in Australia.

I understand your position though.

It's a tough cookie to discuss, how else are you gonna ban CCP shils from running the student union?

I reckon by banning student unions but that's not gonna happen.

If you meet some mainlander parents someday all they do is watch CCTV and share patriotic boomer posts on Wechat. It boggles my mind how you can, do this, day in and day out but it's because society over there is extremely political.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

fauna posted:

no, seriously, if you dislike chinese people so much that you are obligated to vent itt about the rude rich international students who apparently ruin your life and share your sociological theories about how they got to be such an awful race, you are a racist. this isn't up for debate. you can't justify it after the fact by saying "i meant rich chinese people, not all chinese people! i just hate rich people!" you didn't storm in here to rant about how rude rich people are and you know it

fauna posted:

you are a racist, back in 2013 every other poster would have happily dogpiled you but times have changed and that no longer gives them their weird predatory little thrills so they're happy to keep quiet, but bursting into the thread to rave about how much you hate chinese international students, or chinese whatever other loving group you choose, is still racist, it will always be racist, and you need to look at who you are and what you personally believe in because you are playing the propagandists' game for them

only person "storming", "bursting" or "raving" in here is you buddy

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Anidav posted:

Beijing is a tough topic, it's very hard to fully discuss or comprehend without sounding racist because the communist party has successfully turned most people, especially international students into soft power political agents.

Ah, the "racial stereotypes aren't racist if they're true" defense.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Did you guys know that living in an autocratic propaganda state makes people a certain way it's crazy

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I should know, I'm a racist Australian!

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Ah, the "racial stereotypes aren't racist if they're true" defense.

it's a lot better than cutting and pasting chinese people into "hating the rich is antisemitism" garbage

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Jonah Galtberg posted:

it's a lot better than cutting and pasting chinese people into "hating the rich is antisemitism" garbage
wow

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

it is pretty disgusting, i agree

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Lol if you think Australian fear of Chinese influence is motivated by anti-capitalism and class warfare.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Lol if you think Australian fear of Chinese influence is motivated by anti-capitalism and class warfare.

this is about some posts from a few pages back about rich international students being obnoxious sometimes (they're basically the equivalent of Toorak Lads), not about broader issues

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

why is it so hard for you to say that you hate chinese people? just say it out loud, stop obfuscating it, you obviously think you have valid reason so you shouldn't be ashamed to feel the way you feel. what are you afraid of? that the rest of the thread will realise you're a racist? not a nice ironic on-our-side racist, but an actual, real racist?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I hate you. Are you Chinese?

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

JBP posted:

I hate you. Are you Chinese?
partially

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

fauna posted:

why is it so hard for you to say that you hate chinese people? just say it out loud, stop obfuscating it, you obviously think you have valid reason so you shouldn't be ashamed to feel the way you feel. what are you afraid of? that the rest of the thread will realise you're a racist? not a nice ironic on-our-side racist, but an actual, real racist?

No dont you get it, not spouting hateful generalisations about a specific group of people is the real racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

fauna posted:

i'm sorry for whatever it was that turned you into this kind of clout chaser