Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

spite house posted:

By technical specs and in a vacuum, absolutely. In practice, on a crowded main drag with people crossing the street pushing strollers, the popo had the guy thoroughly spanked in seconds. It's the intangibles.

A cop car is not going to out accelerate a Lamborghini. It doesn't need to to catch up to it on a city street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

spite house posted:

By technical specs and in a vacuum, absolutely. In practice, on a crowded main drag with people crossing the street pushing strollers, the popo had the guy thoroughly spanked in seconds. It's the intangibles.

The only thing I can think you mean by “intangibles” here is “a reckless disregard for the safety of everyone around them”

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Wait what the gently caress. Am I missing something here?

Why were they calling her TA?

Like she didn’t even say anything offensive.

This from the thread pretty much answers it

quote:

YTA. You insulted her and your other coworkers to her face, and then attributed it to their gender. You disagreeing with her reasoning (that "men" told you to feel that way) doesn't change that. And when you insult other women for being women based on high school movie tropes, women are going to be mad. Being called a "pick me" might hurt your feelings, but you said downright nasty things about her and other women to hurt their feelings first. If you feel that you're so frequently having your feelings hurt by groups of women like this, consider that their judgement might not be random. It might be that you consider insulting other women bluntly and matter-of-factly to be acceptable, and that makes them uninterested in giving you the benefit of the doubt. After all, you didn't give said benefit of the doubt to them, when they were actively being friendly and trying to include you.

I also think OP isn’t on the social cues up and up so to say. And yes, other women REALLY dislike women who are all “I don’t like ~girly~ things” “I’m not like other women”, myself included.

teen witch fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 12, 2019

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Pirate Radar posted:

The only thing I can think you mean by “intangibles” here is “a reckless disregard for the safety of everyone around them”

It's honestly one of the weirdest intellectual pivots I've seen in months.

Speaking of awesome cop cars though, Dubai has it covered:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Sloth Life posted:

Can vulture culture lady put her collection in a shed or garage? Somewhere close but not in the home. Can't remember if they lived in a house or not.

Set it up in the backyard, complete with a cackling animatronic Cryptkeeper that triggers when you open the door. "Welcome... to the DEAD SHED!"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

You can buy human body parts. Human skulls are on eBay, etc. If you have more money than sense, you can just walk into Paxton gate here in Portland and buy a human spinal column but it's super overpriced.

Yeah, you can even buy just the foreskin at Paxton, but they round up to the nearest pound so it's a bit of a rip off. Anyway, that's how I got this necklace. I tell people I got it by serving the Green Berets in 'Nam, that I sucked them so good their foreskins came right off, but I just bought it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

Set it up in the backyard, complete with a cackling animatronic Cryptkeeper that triggers when you open the door. "Welcome... to the DEAD SHED!"

I didn’t know I wanted this until this very moment.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for abruptly cutting off contact with my SO?

My SO lives two states away, we have known each other for just over a year. Our relationship is a 30/70 split. He comes into town every few weeks and stays with me. Every other month I go to his place. We've been good to one another, aside from the distance, since we started seeing each other.

A few days ago he arrives on my doorstep for our planned visit, but he looks like he's been in a bad fight. Bruised, bloody. Broken nose.

​Of course I'm alarmed. I ask him what happened. He says it's nothing. I can't imagine him getting into any trouble between here and the airport, but he won't give me any details. I ask if he was jumped or robbed. He says no. He has his wallet and phone. He doesn't want to call the police. He doesn't want me asking any more questions.

​I made a decision and told him to go somewhere else. I shut the door on him. He didn't put up a fight, and maybe that's why I'm still fighting with my decision days later.

​I don't want to be involved with somebody who's not able to be communicative with me. Especially when it's about something that could potentially put me at risk.

​Am I the rear end in a top hat for not letting him in? He's been sending me messages since, asking me to reconsider, but I can't bring myself to entertain it until he tells me the truth.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for being upset my teacher lied to me.

Okay so I (14f) play for my schools running team. I would say I am pretty good at it. We have to have a team of 8 and we have 6 permanent membets but need to more. So our coach did trials. Somehow my coach made me the standard? Basically they had to race me and from therr my coach would decide. We did this with around 15 people and one of them way a boy with a physical disability. I do not know the specifics but he struggles for running fast and for long periods of time. Before his trial my coach said the boy wouldnt make it onto the team but asked if I could let him win because it will help with his self confidence. I was like sure, i didnt mind and it would be obvious to anyone who was watching what was happening.

So I let him win a d he celebrated and I thought I had done a good thing. But then I was kicked off the team. Two new people had been selected and they were very good runners and the boy who I let win had taken my spot. I was pretty upset because the coach said he wouldnt get on the team, so I went to him and asked why I had been kicked off. He said that the boy had beaten me fair and square and was much better then me. I reminded him of our agreement but he pretended he had no idea what i was on about. I said "screw you" and walked out. Literally running practice and competition was all I looked forward to at school and it had been taken away for a dumb reason. I assume that the coach has either been bribed or knows the boy, so I left a note on his desk saying that he was a jerk and I am glad to not be on the team if the coach was him. I told my friend how unfair I thought it was and he ghosted me saying I was being discriminatory towards people with disabilities and that made me question myself.

AITA here?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for being upset my teacher lied to me.
You must transfer to a rival school and begin the process of serving this "Coach" an ever-increasing slew of losses so that he regrets ever crossing you.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah lol no lambo is going to outrun a cop car on Venice Blvd. during the day. Sure he can zip a few blocks at 80mph but the cops could eventually catch up on a bicycle if they wanted to.

Like the only place they could escape is maybe that insane 5 way intersection in Culver City that only exists to give people tickets.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for Letting My Daughter Cheerlead but Not Letting My Son Play Football?

Allow me preface this post by saying that we live in an extremely small town. There aren't really any options for kids outside of the local school, and there aren't many options within the school.

My daughter is thirteen. She has been cheerleading since Kindergarten. This year is her last in JV, and she is the captain of the cheerleading squad.

My son is six, and he just started first grade. He wants to play football. His mother and I refuse to allow him to do so for a variety of reasons.

First, and the initial reason is simply because of the danger of the sport. It is full-tackle football. The helmets are not up to regulations. The school system has three years to comply with the new helmet regulations, and they will not change until all of their time is up.

Second, and the major reason, is that the pee-wee league coach's family has issues with my wife's. One of her cousins had a foster son, who she has since adopted. The boy has an IEP, which was not being fulfilled. The cousin went to the school to know why. Basically, the teacher, who was the varsity football coach, just didn't want to take the time to do it. At practice, the boy hurt his hand. The teacher/coach yelled that he was "Just a gently caress up at everything, wasn't he?" and made the boy keep practicing. It worsened the damage. He had to have surgery. The cousin is now suing the teacher/coach and the school as a whole. The teacher/coach's brother is the pee-wee league coach. As such, we feel very uncomfortable allowing our son to play.

He thinks it's very unfair, and several other people have told us so as well. However, we feel it is wrong to deny our daughter the ability to do something she has worked very hard for.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

The only fair thing is to let both of them cheerlead

Seriously though football is horrible, don't let your kids play football, and especially don't let your kids play football at a school that's like "we're cool with this coach verbally abusing kids and injuring one so bad that he had to get hand surgery" what in the gently caress why are small towns always so awful

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Do not let them both cheerlead if you care about their safety. Something like 10% of all cheerleading injuries are concussions and like 25,000 hospital visits a year occur due to the sport some of which are much more gruesome like spinal injuries. It turns out children should not be thrown at each other in the air. Dont do it.

Also dont let your kids header the soccer ball.

This has been your "Dont play games that involve violently slamming your head into things" update

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cumshitter posted:

Yeah lol no lambo is going to outrun a cop car on Venice Blvd. during the day. Sure he can zip a few blocks at 80mph but the cops could eventually catch up on a bicycle if they wanted to.

Like the only place they could escape is maybe that insane 5 way intersection in Culver City that only exists to give people tickets.

Park it in Monterey Park and it'll be on a shipping container to China by end of day

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

QuarkJets posted:

The only fair thing is to let both of them cheerlead

Seriously though football is horrible, don't let your kids play football, and especially don't let your kids play football at a school that's like "we're cool with this coach verbally abusing kids and injuring one so bad that he had to get hand surgery" what in the gently caress why are small towns always so awful

quote:

Do not let them both cheerlead if you care about their safety. Something like 10% of all cheerleading injuries are concussions and like 25,000 hospital visits a year occur due to the sport some of which are much more gruesome like spinal injuries. It turns out children should not be thrown at each other in the air. Dont do it.

Also dont let your kids header the soccer ball.

This has been your "Dont play games that involve violently slamming your head into things" update

Agreed, football will rot your brain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy_in_sports

quote:

In September 2015, researchers with the United States Department of Veterans Affairs and Boston University announced that they had identified CTE in 96 percent of National Football League players that they had examined and in 79 percent of all football players.[17] By November 2016, 90 of 94 former NFL players were diagnosed post-mortem with CTE by McKee.[18] Professional players diagnosed included eight-time Pro Bowler Lou Creekmur,[19] Cookie Gilchrist[20] and Wally Hilgenberg.[21]

The Journal of the American Medical Association released an updated study in July 2017 reporting that out of 111 brains of deceased former NFL players studied, 110 (99%) had CTE.[25] This also led to players retiring very early in their career. As of December 2018, 87% of the 202 American football players' brains that have been donated to Boston University tested positive for CTE.[26]

O.J. Simpson is suspected to have chronic traumatic encephalopathy.[27][28][29]

Soccer and ice hockey are way up there too because of heading the ball and the fighting respectively, but aside from boxing and other actual fightsports American Football is pretty much the worst in terms of sheer percentages.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
what sports won’t decimate a child’s bones?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
DOTA

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for ignoring my SO when he tries to parent me about drinking?

So I (21f) and my boyfriend (25m) have been together for a little over a year, living together for 7 mo.

I have been through a lot in my life (moving out at 16, living in a bunch of different cities and states, in and out of therapy for mental illness and childhood trauma) and have a rocky past with a substances.

Now, after going through what feels like 7 life times of bs, I finally have settled down and feel good about where I am in life. I’m a hard worker, I have a job, contribute to society and our relationship, I’m in university and have good grades, and more mentally stable than I’ve ever been.

After a long day, usually everyday, of work and school and other adulting obligations, I like to have some wine or beer at night while watching my favorite show. He’s never been critical of me and my drinking recently, and it bothers the crap out of me considering that I’ve worked and been through so much to be where I’m at and frankly I feel entitled to be able to responsibly enjoy alcohol nightly in my apartment that he lives in.

I also feel that even though our age difference isn’t that large, i feel that people change so much in their 20’s and he might be in a completely different stage of life than I am.

Whenever he “parents” or “polices” me it goes something like this :

Me: opens beer Him: are you serious? Me: what? Him: you’ve drank something for 5 days in a row. Me: so? I’m not getting blacked out just having a couple. Him: still, that’s very concerning and not normal and I think we should have a discussion about it (and so on) Me: rolls eyes

At that point I just start ignoring him after that and usually we end up bitter at each other and I go on to enjoy my fricken wine.

So am I the rear end in a top hat for feeling entitled to my nightly drink and feeling irritated at him for “policing” me? Or is he the rear end in a top hat for making it a bigger deal than i think it should be?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

Basketball, baseball, golf, bowling, tennis, swimming, and NASCAR if you can turn left

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
American football is by far the worst because the body armour lets players tackle harder but doesn't actually do anything to protect the brain.

Soccer is fine as long as you're not headering the ball (though honestly, practicing headers is gonna do the most damage by far, compared to the minimal and isolated times you'd actually do it in a game).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Alcoholics are so cute when they are young. Then they grow up and it’s like ugh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jabor posted:

Soccer is fine as long as you're not headering the ball (though honestly, practicing headers is gonna do the most damage by far, compared to the minimal and isolated times you'd actually do it in a game).

You dont need to do it too many times to get the good brainscrambling, and its practiced because its allowed in games even if rare. If they eliminated it from the sport at professional level that would be it for the issue.

Still have the issue of breaking your shins but hey, at least its not your brain.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

teen witch posted:

Surprisingly, the less protective gear the better.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Tell that to my sons who played tlachtli.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

The Lone Badger posted:

I read somewhere this is true for boxing. Not a lot of head/jaw punches in old school bare knuckle boxing cos you break your loving hand, it's mostly body blows and very few knock outs. Gloves protect the hands but this allows you to punch a lot more heads and CTE is sure to follow.

CTE in women is often the result of long term domestic violence. In men, it's almost entirely from contact sports. Just putting that one out there...

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
yeah practicing headers is dumb as poo poo. just spend half an hour slamming your head into a football over and over. make sure you aim for the forehead to transfer all that impact force to your grey matter too.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So am I the rear end in a top hat for feeling entitled to my nightly drink and feeling irritated at him for “policing” me? Or is he the rear end in a top hat for making it a bigger deal than i think it should be?

I want to wholeheartedly support OP, but for the typos suggestive of writing this while drunk.

e. reflexively heading the ball to a teammate, feeling woozy afterwards, and being congratulated for a good play is why I walked away from the soccer team in high school.

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Sep 12, 2019

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So I (21f) and my boyfriend (25m) have been together for a little over a year, living together for 7 mo.

I have been through a lot in my life (moving out at 16, living in a bunch of different cities and states, in and out of therapy for mental illness and childhood trauma) and have a rocky past with a substances.

Now, after going through what feels like 7 life times of bs, I finally have settled down and feel good about where I am in life. I’m a hard worker, I have a job, contribute to society and our relationship, I’m in university and have good grades, and more mentally stable than I’ve ever been.

After a long day, usually everyday, of work and school and other adulting obligations, I like to have some wine or beer at night while watching my favorite show. He’s never been critical of me and my drinking recently, and it bothers the crap out of me considering that I’ve worked and been through so much to be where I’m at and frankly I feel entitled to be able to responsibly enjoy alcohol nightly in my apartment that he lives in.

I also feel that even though our age difference isn’t that large, i feel that people change so much in their 20’s and he might be in a completely different stage of life than I am.

Whenever he “parents” or “polices” me it goes something like this :

Me: opens beer Him: are you serious? Me: what? Him: you’ve drank something for 5 days in a row. Me: so? I’m not getting blacked out just having a couple. Him: still, that’s very concerning and not normal and I think we should have a discussion about it (and so on) Me: rolls eyes

At that point I just start ignoring him after that and usually we end up bitter at each other and I go on to enjoy my fricken wine.

Not the rear end in a top hat but also not wise; drinking a couple of beers (ACTUALLY two or is she using a couple to mean "several", and how big is a beer, we talking stubbies or pints, how much of a bottle of wine each day?) EVERY night is actually really not good for you, there's growing evidence that long term daily alcohol consumption causes a lot of health problems later in life even when you're not getting drunk every day.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pretend I posted that chart that shows consumption which would put her in like the top % of all drinkers lol.

Drinking “several” a night most nights indicates a problem.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If she has lets say 2 beers a night 5 nights a week she is firmly in the top 20% of all drinkers. If she is, as we literally all suspect, drinking about 3 or more a night, she is in the top 10% and also basically an alcoholic.

Boyfriend should stop policing her drinking and move on to travel agenting himself away from her

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for Letting My Daughter Cheerlead but Not Letting My Son Play Football?

Allow me preface this post by saying that we live in an extremely small town. There aren't really any options for kids outside of the local school, and there aren't many options within the school.

My daughter is thirteen. She has been cheerleading since Kindergarten. This year is her last in JV, and she is the captain of the cheerleading squad.

My son is six, and he just started first grade. He wants to play football. His mother and I refuse to allow him to do so for a variety of reasons.

First, and the initial reason is simply because of the danger of the sport. It is full-tackle football. The helmets are not up to regulations. The school system has three years to comply with the new helmet regulations, and they will not change until all of their time is up.

Second, and the major reason, is that the pee-wee league coach's family has issues with my wife's. One of her cousins had a foster son, who she has since adopted. The boy has an IEP, which was not being fulfilled. The cousin went to the school to know why. Basically, the teacher, who was the varsity football coach, just didn't want to take the time to do it. At practice, the boy hurt his hand. The teacher/coach yelled that he was "Just a gently caress up at everything, wasn't he?" and made the boy keep practicing. It worsened the damage. He had to have surgery. The cousin is now suing the teacher/coach and the school as a whole. The teacher/coach's brother is the pee-wee league coach. As such, we feel very uncomfortable allowing our son to play.

He thinks it's very unfair, and several other people have told us so as well. However, we feel it is wrong to deny our daughter the ability to do something she has worked very hard for.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Move to a better town.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA I bought an expensive car and my girlfriend is annoyed that she wasnt consulted.

Context: We met around 2 years ago at a professional event and around 3 months later we were offical. We work in the same industry and both paid quite well so our finaces are seperate even though we live together. I earn quite a bit more than her roughly 5-6 times more than her and im not including any bonuses on that

Issue:

After testing driving an huracan performante. I knew that i needed one in my life. I have the money and no kids. I put the deposit down and sorted out payments plan.

Fast forward to today and i show my girlfriend my new car and rather then be happy or be happy for me. She tells me i am being financially irresponible and why wasn't she consulted.

My response was its my money and we have seperate finances. At the end of the day it should be my choice. It would be different if she was sacrficing her career so I can earn more then i would understand but we both have our careers and we both do the same amount of work around the house.

Am i in the wrong for not consulting her? Can you provide a different viewpoint then the one i am seeing. Am I the rear end in a top hat? My view is no but i might be too close for this one

I’m not mad about the money, I’m mad that it’s a stupid ugly guillotine status symbol car that I’d be embarrassed to be seen with/dating the owner of.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Generally the rule with supercars is if you can buy two you can afford to own one.

He's in for a rude surprise when he finds out all work has to be done by a dealership, with official Lamborghini parts :homebrew:

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Early 20's is too young to bother dealing with substance abuse in a partner, SO should just leave.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I found out my sister is a cam model... by catching my husband masturbating to it.

quote:

My sister is so straight-laced. At least I thought she was. I'd never have expected her to be a cam worker, anyway. She's married, a doctor, has two kids. She definitely doesn't need the money... and how does she even have the time? But, she most certainly is.

This only happened like two hours ago. I got home early from work and didn't see my husband around, so I went down to his office. He had the door closed, which is odd. I knocked but he didn't answer so I opened the door. There he was, naked with his dick in his hand and headphones on his ears, jerking off like there wasn't going to be a tomorrow.

As soon as I walked in he freaked out and shut off the computer screen. Now, I don't normally care if he watches porn, so this was strange behavior. I asked what he was watching and he wouldn't tell me. Wouldn't even look at me. So, I decided I'd turn the monitor on and see for myself. When I went over to hit the button, husband freaked out and tried to turn the whole computer off. I yelled at him and grabbed his hand, really worried now. Is he into something illegal? How shameful could what he's watching really be? Well. I almost wish it was something illegal. I turned on the monitor.... And there was my sister. Spread eagle, naked, covered in oil.

I feel SO loving betrayed. Like. My own sister? My husband is watching MY loving SISTER gently caress herself on camera? Really? There are thousands of cam models and he has to watch HER?

She's hot. Okay. Fair. There's no denying that. But now I feel like any interaction he's ever had with her he's just been eye-loving her the whole time. I can't even think straight. I'm furious with him and irrationally mad at my sister even though she did nothing wrong and I assume doesn't know he watches.

I kicked my husband out for the night. I honestly don't know if I want him to come back. I feel so loving betrayed I almost wish he had just cheated.

I don't even know what the hell I'm looking for here, just..... gently caress. What do I do?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Fatkraken posted:

Soccer and ice hockey are way up there too because of heading the ball and the fighting respectively, but aside from boxing and other actual fightsports American Football is pretty much the worst in terms of sheer percentages.

Heading the ball's easy, you just have to want it. You hesitate, you're in for a bad time.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
The only option is to start cam modelling yourself in order to seduce her husband.

Balance must be maintained.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Pinecone Sample posted:

I found out my sister is a cam model... by catching my husband masturbating to it.

Very good, very classical.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for calling my body-positive co-worker "unhealthy, deluded, and bitter" after some rude comments she made about me?

quote:

I'm currently working part-time at a restaurant on my university's campus. I mostly work shifts with this one girl, we'll call her 'Anna', who is all for the body-positivity movement. She embraces her body type and regularly posts inspiring quotes or images on her social media accounts. Personally, I have nothing against this at all. I am also in full support of treating and accepting everyone no matter their body type. However, I do believe that everyone should be healthy (eating right, exercising, taking care of their mental health, etc) or at least attempting to be. I don't support those who use the body positivity movement to as a cloak to shield and justify their unhealthy and damaging behaviors.

However, despite being a "supporter," Anna regularly comments on my body type. For example, I always bring food for my shifts since I personally think the food there is not the healthiest (burgers, fries, more fried food, etc.). Anna will often say things like, "You should eat a burger, you could use a few extra pounds honey!" or "You look skinnier than last week. I told you to stop eating salads everyday haha." She'll sometimes even feign concern for me and ask me in private if I was "struggling with my weight" and then proceed to tell me that I look "way too skinny to be healthy." One time I was changing into my work shirt in the back and Anna saw my stomach and commented that my stomach was starting to "look like a man's." I have no idea what that even means but I doubt it was a compliment.

These hypocritical comments have pissed me off. I enjoy eating healthy and cooking my own meals and I enjoy working out and staying toned. Anna on the other hand gorges herself on the food in our restaurant, drinks about three cans of coke per shift and does not work out. I don't think this is healthy.

Finally, during yesterday's shift, this guy I kinda like came in to get some food and I was super excited to see him. He turned out to be a bit cold towards me and the whole event was a bit anti-climactic. Oh well. Anna witnessed the whole thing and after he left, she said, "Maybe he's into curvier girls." I basically blew up at her and called her out for all of her hypocrisy. I asked how she could call herself a supporter of body positivity when she regularly shamed my body. Then I told her that she was unhealthy in many ways (I called her out on her eating habits), bitter and jealous of others who are in control of their health and bodies, and deluded for believing that she is healthy and fit.

She called me insecure and told me I was being a rude bitch. It was reaching the end of our shift so I clocked out early and left so I didn't have to argue with her more. I was mad for a bit and told one of my best friends. She said that I was right and all but that I was insensitive in the way I brought it up and suggested that I apologize. I'm standing my ground but want to hear other opinions as well.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Barudak posted:

Big Bone Lobby is too powerful

That's what they call me down the bowling club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Sometimes google searching for threads in order to look at the comments has wonderful results.

sympathizer