Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is blasphemous good? I’ve been catching random cool gifs of it for what feels like years and I guess it actually just dropped the other day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Hollow Knight also uses HD rumble pretty effectively. You can feel the difference between a breakable floor and a solid one, and when you wall slide it feels like you're dragging the controller across a rocky surface

It really does improve the experience in games that use it, it's just that you can count those games on your fingers.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I have not! Isn't that a VR game tho? I don't have VR anything.
Yeah it's VR. Super rad for fun exercise though. And there are other games in that category too: BoxVR, Thrill of the Fight, Racket NX, etc. From my perspective totally worth it these days.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Mahoning posted:

This post led me to YouTube where I immediately found this badass commercial for the original Link's Awakening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFtRyBSBaoU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w24KR30nEsg

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cicero posted:

I didn't see the link to the actual video for Ring Fit Adventure posted yet so here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1orju1NsN8

$80 for game + ring, launches Oct. 18

I’m down. Looks like a fun successor to Wii Fit.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Goddamn, Dragon Quest Builders 2 is the game I didn't know I needed. I've been looking for something that pushes the same buttons as the town building aspect of PS2 classic Dark Cloud 2. This has that covered and it's way more satisfying than even that because you have total control over your town. And all my little buddies are running around farming and clapping and living their best.

I have some nitpicks--the flavorless writing, and the sheer strangeness of everyone looking clean and happy while living in a dirty, hard world that is essentially post-apocalyptic where no one's allowed to build anything--but overall it's an incredibly gratifying game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I can't believe I've never seen these before

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Is Celeste still on sale? How does it control in handheld? I played through on PS4 but am very tempted to double dip and play the DLC on switch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

They're unreal.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:same:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Raffles posted:

Is Celeste still on sale? How does it control in handheld? I played through on PS4 but am very tempted to double dip and play the DLC on switch

in handheld you push down to jump and home button in dash. docked is normal

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Officially a month away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fACQOmQU3wc

Edit: $19.99 for the digital version ($29.99 physical), and it's up at the eShop for pre-order with a 15% discount!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I played the entirety of Celeste in handheld and had no issues. Maybe a little hand-cramping in some of the toughest levels.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Much like real life, it's not illegal if no one sees you do it. (Use your Legion to knock poo poo over, and it doesn't penalize you.)

Mmm, using my unwilling prisoner to knock stuff over seems like something a good cop would do. :)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm they shouldve added more to link's awakening imo

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Lockpicking in Skyrim is fun with HD rumble.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Did they include the colour dungeon?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I dunno

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Did they include the colour dungeon?

yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZROB4TnYH_I&t=157s

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Bolt Lux posted:

Officially a month away!

Edit: $19.99 for the digital version ($29.99 physical), and it's up at the eShop for pre-order with a 15% discount!

I was literally like, if this isn't killer queen black....

Thank you.

But October 11? gently caress off

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope they include in game hints on how to unlock it this time. I don't think there were any in DX. How to unlock is look it up on gamefaqs

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I hope they include in game hints on how to unlock it this time. I don't think there were any in DX. How to unlock is look it up on gamefaqs

There was a book on top of some shelves that you knock down with the running boots, wasn't there?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Enter the Gungeon and Namco Museum both have very good HD rumble, as well.

Gungeon's is ambient to the point where you will eventually fail to think about it or notice it until it's not on. Every shot and reload and other actions have just the slightest touch to them. That's a good use of it, in my opinion.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wow guys, real subtle; An island you won't find anywhere, but is most certainly real :allears:.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Quarantine Circular has great HD rumble effects when other trains pass by you. The subtle camera tilt effect when you move the Switch around in handheld is amazing too.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Does HD Rumble get compromised if you're using a handheld grip like Satisfye? I don't think I've played any games that use it much yet, but I've noticed standard rumble at least sounds kind of muffled when I play with the grip (which is basically 99% of my playtime so far).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Minidust posted:

Does HD Rumble get compromised if you're using a handheld grip like Satisfye? I don't think I've played any games that use it much yet, but I've noticed standard rumble at least sounds kind of muffled when I play with the grip (which is basically 99% of my playtime so far).

I imagine it would to an extent because the grip is moving the focus point of the effect that much further from your hands and in (what is to the system) an unknown direction.

Smilin Joe Fission
Jan 24, 2007
Anyone have Kirby's Adventure crashing on Switch Online? After playing for maybe 30 minutes, a window popped up "an error occurred in the game" and it booted me back to the NES library screen. It being a Kirby Game, I don't think I'll have all THAT much trouble getting back to where I'd been in the game...

Kirby's Adventure is very chill and easy, but a lot of fun and the graphics are great for the NES. I'm enjoying a game that I missed the first time around. Who still cared about NES games in 1993 anyway? I missed a lot of the good late period stuff, but now I'm looking forward to playing through this, as well as the SNES Kirby games.

Probably just a random one off thing. Anyone had problems with NES or SNES games crashing on Switch Online? I just installed a Switch update immediately before this, and after the auto-reboot is when I jumped into the game. Not sure if the patch is related to the crash.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Bolt Lux posted:

Officially a month away!

What is Killer Queen Black?

For some reason when I saw the initial trailer for this so many Directs ago I thought it was like multiplayer Joust or something. Now it seems like... I don't know. Tower defense? RTS? Platform action? What the heck is going on here

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

What is Killer Queen Black?

For some reason when I saw the initial trailer for this so many Directs ago I thought it was like multiplayer Joust or something. Now it seems like... I don't know. Tower defense? RTS? Platform action? What the heck is going on here

It’s a loving awesome arcade game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii69y58Ks5g

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Was/is Celeste going on sale🤔?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rik Mayall was an absolute treasure who was taken too soon.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Best controller for analog stick games:
Nintendo Pro Controller

Best controller for d-pad games in docked mode:
PS4 Dualshock 4 with 8bitdo adapter

Close 2nd Best controller for d-pad games in docked mode and Best controller for d-pad games in portable mode:
8bitdo SN30 Pro+

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Was/is Celeste going on sale🤔?

Currently on sale for :10bux: (half off the usual price of $20); dekudeals.com says that's the lowest it's ever been on the eShop. I'd have happily paid $30 for it. If you like platformers, stop posting and go buy/play it already.

e: poster is in EU where it's not on sale, bummer.

Blotto_Otter fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 12, 2019

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bought Celeste even though I am a fussy little idiot when it comes to advanced platformers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blotto_Otter posted:

Currently on sale for :10bux: (half off the usual price of $20); dekudeals.com says that's the lowest it's ever been on the eShop. I'd have happily paid $30 for it. If you like platformers, stop posting and go buy/play it already.

Not on sale in EU :negative:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

GreatGreen posted:

Best controller for analog stick games:
Nintendo Pro Controller

Best controller for d-pad games in docked mode:
PS4 Dualshock 4 with 8bitdo adapter

Close 2nd Best controller for d-pad games in docked mode and Best controller for d-pad games in portable mode:
8bitdo SN30 Pro+

Will the DS4/adapter combo let me play switch docked with headphones?

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Bought Celeste even though I am a fussy little idiot when it comes to advanced platformers.

Celeste has a lot of various assists that you can enable to help you through the game, don't be afraid to make use of them if the challenge stops being fun.

Also keep in mind that there are some levels that feature an environmental powerup/movement ability that makes you rocket around the stage, and you will probably want to use an analog stick for those bits rather than a d-pad.

e:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Not on sale in EU :negative:

That's a bummer. I don't know how often it goes on sale overseas, but definitely pick it up at some point if you're into platformers. It's my favorite 2D platformer of the last few years. (Runner-up award goes to DKC:TF, which is a great platformer but handles completely differently from Celeste.)

Blotto_Otter fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 12, 2019

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Best controller for smash, PowerA GameCube style pro controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

nachos posted:

Will the DS4/adapter combo let me play switch docked with headphones?

Not sure, haven't tried that. ¯\_ :) _/¯