Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kalli posted:

Sam Darnold is out with Mono.

That Browns - Jets game looked so fun not 6 days ago.

Don't worry LVB can still torch the poo poo out of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1172155798035861504?s=19

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
https://www.propublica.org/article/false-rape-accusations-an-unbelievable-story

Pretty good article for the AB argument crowd imho

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Kalli posted:

At least someone is catching something for the Jets

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hooray for the week 4 bye?

W3 @Patriots
<Bye>
@Eagles
Cowboys
Patriots

Jeez, the schedule makers really hosed the Jets. woof.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

This Jets season is not going quite to plan eh?

I want to make a joke about Trevor Siemian not being much of a downgrade but I can't honestly do that with a straight face.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1172157088124100610

Can the Browns defeat starting QB Trevor Siemian and starting RB Ty Montgomery

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I feel like football news this season has been 15% injuries and 85% Antonio Brown.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1172157088124100610

Can the Browns defeat starting QB Trevor Siemian and starting RB Ty Montgomery

It would be the most browns thing to lose on Monday

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

We'll commit enough penalties to make up for his production

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm excited for the Bucs to make me sad tonight

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CyberPingu posted:

At least someone is catching something for the Jets

:golfclap:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

At least hes not a 30 yo getting Mono

Nov 6, 2002

I heard a rumor Sam was open mouth kissing with Brady.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
Mono. How do get the adult stage of life and get mono? I feel like he's a slacker now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1172161163599200256

More Wazzu in the league for a couple of weeks at least.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

That whole story is one big :stare:

Nov 6, 2002

Uh, but have you heard about this poor fellow named Depp?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hey TFF Chiefs fans what exactly do you do/feel when Tyreek Hill makes a big play and everyone starts to celebrate because I strongly suspect us Patriots fans are going to be in a similar situation unless more news breaks.

This can also apply to Steelers fans and Ben.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
can anyone sell me on tonights game being worth watching?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hey TFF Chiefs fans what exactly do you do/feel when Tyreek Hill makes a big play and everyone starts to celebrate because I strongly suspect us Patriots fans are going to be in a similar situation unless more news breaks.

Haven't had to worry about it after the most recent case yet. But the first time around it was 'yeah he's terrible but maybe it was a one time deal and he's been clean for a while' before eventual acceptance and 'welp he's really good.'

All roads tend to lead to acceptance unless you stop watching or the player sucks on the field.

Also worth noting that like 3/4 of big Chiefs fans are all in on the 'fiancee was lying all along' thing.

e: I suppose I'm just kind of fatalistic about it, I can't change it. The new contract hopefully means the kids will be financially provided for at least. And if he's going to be playing anyway, well poo poo he's pretty good. Nothing will stop the jokes about the Chiefs from the rest of the league now, we're past that.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 12, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sean10mm posted:

That whole story is one big :stare:

They turned this into a full book called "A False Report: A True Story of Rape in America" that is quite incredible.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

HyperPuma posted:

We’ve been without football for seven months and I’ll take what I can get

Also a fun time posting about a probably bad game with your buddies in the TFF GDT?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Kind of dirty, but ameliorated by knowing that if it wasn't in a Chiefs jersey it'd be somewhere else. If he's going to get away with it might as well make my team good at the same time.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

OxySnake posted:

All this great game talk and no one has mentioned MIN @ GB.

The games are usually close and we get to see if Rodgers continues to struggle and if MIN can continue to establish the run

Gonna be a good game.

Yeah here are the ones I'm into as a neutral spectator:

Saints at Rams, although I have a feeling the Saints are gonna smash. Rematch of the NFC Championship game and you know that both teams are gonna treat it that way.

Cardinals at Ravens, what's not to love about these two young, exciting guys who are playing the game in a different way. Ravens will get the win, and I think Kyler will have a tough day against their defense, but I'm interested to see it anyways

Vikings at Packers, divisional game, Vikings will try to run against a tougher defense, Rodgers needs a bounceback from the Bears game. Should be a good deathmatch

Colts at Titans; divisional game, two teams with very talented rosters in a game that could end up having playoff implications. Both teams don't have amazing quarterbacks but they have tons of good players which should make this one a fun one to watch. Hopefully the run gets established

Eagles at Falcons; this is the sunday night game so it's the only one in its timeslot. Should be decent, we'll have to see if Atlanta can bounce back from their sorry showing last week

Browns at Jets; this is the monday night game so it kinda has to go here. Darnold is ill from too much pussy, Leveon's shoulder is dying, the Jets cornerbacks are awful so it's a huge opportunity for Baker and Chubb and the Browns in general to have a great game, at which point everyone will overreact in the opposite direction

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

SUPPRESS YOUR HUMANITY IN THE NAME OF FOOTBALL

or, you know... don't

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

That was horrifying.

HyperPuma posted:

Hollywood Brown might get more than 12 snaps.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
What are people going to say when Trevor Siemian beats the Cleveland Browns 13-6 on Monday Night Football

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

What are people going to say when Trevor Siemian beats the Cleveland Browns 13-6 on Monday Night Football

That the Browns are experts at breaking the hearts of their fans.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
They'll say

:lol:Browns

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Wow what a clusterfuck of a story.

It's amazing that people are still surprised that people may recant or confess to crimes under pressure from law enforcement. It's not a new thing. Crime and Punishment covered these topics all the way back in 1866, and yet here we are.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

if that happens all hells gonna break lose. definitely checking the cleveland police scanners afterwards

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Jets could live without Darnold. He didn't look that great anyway.

Now Bell being out? They're hosed. He looked fantastic and was the only thing on the field that looked worth a poo poo.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

OxySnake posted:

Wow what a clusterfuck of a story.

It's amazing that people are still surprised that people may recant or confess to crimes under pressure from law enforcement. It's not a new thing. Crime and Punishment covered these topics all the way back in 1866, and yet here we are.

People still believe the Central Park 5 are guilty.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Professor Funk posted:

tremendously looking forward to this

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Athanatos posted:

Now Bell being out? They're hosed. He looked fantastic and was the only thing on the field that looked worth a poo poo.

Apparently they don't think the Bell thing is serious and are just getting an MRI as a precaution (it will come out that Bell has a torn labrum as soon as I post this). Hopefully that means he'll play (and hopefully it means they use Montgomery more, too).

I actually think Siemian is pretty competent, as far as backups go. I'm less worried about the team being competitive than I am about seeing if Darnold can make the leap, which is why the mono is such a gigantic downer.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Athanatos posted:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Not sure if even that would be enough, the Browns are gonna be playing real fierce because they got humiliated last week and my money's on Baker torching that Jets secondary.

What's disappointing is not getting to see Darnold have the same opportunity to redeem himself. However bad the Jets were with Darnold, it's gonna be double with Siemian

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Play posted:

Not sure if even that would be enough, the Browns are gonna be playing real fierce because they got humiliated last week and my money's on Baker torching that Jets secondary.

What's disappointing is not getting to see Darnold have the same opportunity to redeem himself. However bad the Jets were with Darnold, it's gonna be double with Siemian

We're going to play even fiercer than last week for double the penalties with at least 2 ejections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Play posted:

the Browns are gonna be playing real fierce because they got humiliated last week
There's a pretty significant sample size that says the Browns do not, in fact, play fiercely after being humiliated the week before.