Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bowsette?
This poll is closed.
Yes 70 39.11%
no 28 15.64%
maybe? 15 8.38%
Yes I'm phoning this one in. 66 36.87%
Total: 179 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Schreier does good work but he can definitely get up his own rear end at times (see: his response to criticism on his take on the Ooblets/EGS stuff).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

people in this thread keep ragging on jason schreier for being some sort of smug dick but he consistently seems to be the only person attempting to perform the "journalism" part of "games journalism", especially considering he works for loving kotaku of all places

He writes good stuff but is awful at twitter

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Can we all be nice please? :(

This is just not remotely productive.

everyone hates you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Andrast posted:

He writes good stuff but is awful at twitter

Everyone should log off of twitter

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

omg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah the full story is a trip, and it's also nice to finally have a piece like this to point to after a decade of messageboard chatter/rumors about how lovely Nicalis is.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I don't hate anyone here, but I give the side eye to anyone who didn't immediately fall in love with the series when Revolver Ocelot said, "this arm."

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't hate zaphod42

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Would Bowsette have happened without Twitter?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I don't hate zaphod I just wanted to tease him

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zaphod42 posted:

Can we all be nice please? :(

This is just not remotely productive.

you are the last person that should be saying this, you're the most argumentative person I've ever seen on these forums

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Would Bowsette have happened without Twitter?

No, and the world would be all the worse.

Thank God for Jack

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Cowcaster posted:

people in this thread keep ragging on jason schreier for being some sort of smug dick but he consistently seems to be the only person attempting to perform the "journalism" part of "games journalism", especially considering he works for loving kotaku of all places

He's great at doing real journalism about real issues in the game industry. He's bad at about everything else. I like him when he does the former and hate him when he does the latter.

In short, Jason Schreier is a land of contrasts.

Nicalis loving sucks and I'm glad more people are finding this out.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

Yeah the full story is a trip, and it's also nice to finally have a piece like this to point to after a decade of messageboard chatter/rumors about how lovely Nicalis is.

yeah, i feel like nicalis has had a lovely reputation for years and years but outside of murmurings and gossip in the corners of the internet i've never been able to pin down anything concrete. the only thing i remember is they released the cave story port to wii something like a year or two late, and it had some extremely obvious and lovely bugs from the get go that weren't fixed until another year after that. that left my opinion of them pretty sour ever since

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaphod42 posted:

:rolleyes: relative to the rest of the series

I myself pointed out some very un-grounded elements, so please miss me with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgwdsa2Q_rs

All of it is goofy as hell

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Cowcaster posted:

What was said that BETWEEN his legit good journalism work he's a shithead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I hate everyone who posts in this thread.

Except cheetah, you're cool

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
:(

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Rarity posted:

*runs off crying*

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

as the worst poster in this thread i'm insulted i'm not hated more tbh

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

I was SO tempted to give you that amazing Goofy text you wrote earlier in thread on your avatar.

Face it, you are funny and we like your posts.

May 8, 2006

VideoGames I demand you abuse your power for comedy

It's what I would do

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I am easily the worst frequent poster in this thread.

I like mostly everyone that posts in this thread and I'm keeping it a secret who I do not like.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

VideoGames posted:

I was SO tempted to give you that amazing Goofy text you wrote earlier in thread on your avatar.

Face it, you are funny and we like your posts.

never

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What do you guys think of posts that don’t use punctuation at the end of paragraphs,

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

No one disagrees with this, he does a good job reporting on abuses in the industry, but he is also a giant manchild. One doesn't cancel the other out.

May 8, 2006

No I think you'll find one good journalism cancels about 2-3 mid level manchildings

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

What do you guys think of posts that don’t use punctuation at the end of paragraphs,

It bothers me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

You're one of the few people here I actually like.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I said come in! posted:

No one disagrees with this, he does a good job reporting on abuses in the industry, but he is also a giant manchild. One doesn't cancel the other out.

I disagree with it

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

He's really vocal and authoritive on his opinions in regards to games, especially jrpgs. That subgroup in particular routinely has a go at his proclamations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

I disagree with it

You'd be wrong in that, then.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
PewDiePie pulls $50k donation to the Anti-Defamation League following fan backlash

PewDiePie posted:

“I saw it as an opportunity to put an end to these alt-right claims that have been thrown against me. It wasn’t to try and clear my name or say grace. If it was, I would have done it years ago. But after the Christchurch tragedy, I felt a responsibility to do something about it, because it’s no longer just about me. It affected other people in a way, and I’m not okay with that. I’ve struggled to figure out how to do that, but this was not the right way to go about it. I knew it wasn’t perfect, but I also didn’t know a lot of things that surfaced throughout this whole thing about the charity that doesn’t fit at all. So I understand why people had concerns about it. These are things I would have known myself if I had just taken my time. . . It really doesn’t feel genuine for me to proceed with the donation at this point, and I instead wanted to actually take my time and keep the intent that I had, but do it with the right charity and doing it properly. I just wanted to make that clear. I’m sorry for all the confusion, and I’m sorry for messing this up. That’s what I do!”

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlestonJew posted:

you are the last person that should be saying this, you're the most argumentative person I've ever seen on these forums

Discussion is the point of the forums. I'm sorry if I've upset you in the past. I'm trying to be better about not engaging people who are being disrespectful so I don't say anything disrespectful back.

But I also often try to point out unpopular views, which ends up with 6 goons dogpiling on me. To say that I am argumentative because of that is extremely misleading. It'd be much easier to just agree with people but it adds nothing to the discussion.

Like just recently, I got attacked for pointing out that Randy Pitchford was not talking about journalists as villains but was actually defending a woman who was being slut-shamed for her cosplay. That doesn't mean Randy is my hero or I'm "defending" him, and it doesn't mean you should attack me if you don't like Randy. I think this thread would all agree that cosplay is cool and slut-shaming is bad.

You can blame it all on me, but its just a symptom of games being too combative about videogames. But I am also part of that and am trying to alter my behavior going forward in whatever ways I can.

I said come in! posted:

Exactly. Trying to look at people as all good or all bad is really dangerous. Good people can make mistakes, and bad people can still do good. Life is complicated. We need to be able to talk about both without inherently implying that the other doesn't exist.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Zaphod42 posted:

Discussion is the point of the forums. I'm sorry if I've upset you in the past. I'm trying to be better about not engaging people who are being disrespectful so I don't say anything disrespectful back.

But I also often try to point out unpopular views, which ends up with 6 goons dogpiling on me. To say that I am argumentative because of that is extremely misleading. It'd be much easier to just agree with people but it adds nothing to the discussion.

Like just recently, I got attacked for pointing out that Randy Pitchford was not talking about journalists as villains but was actually defending a woman who was being slut-shamed for her cosplay. That doesn't mean Randy is my hero or I'm "defending" him, and it doesn't mean you should attack me if you don't like Randy. I think this thread would all agree that cosplay is cool and slut-shaming is bad.

You can blame it all on me, but its just a symptom of games being too combative about videogames. But I am also part of that and am trying to alter my behavior going forward in whatever ways I can.

I typically agree with your posts but the first MGS related one you made that caused me and others to disagree with you came off as weirdly hostile and that's probably why you got dogpiled in this instance.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's alright buddy at least you're not Bust Rodd

:can:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Isn't this the fishing platformer game? I don't remember it being so... chesty.

gently caress. :swoon:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732?lang=en

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Dewgy posted:

Isn't this the fishing platformer game? I don't remember it being so... chesty.

She got bigger boobs, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

:(
*throws cake I got you right in the garbage*