Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
How is tamu getting so much revenue for never winning anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Traitorous Leopard posted:

This game is really gonna come down to whether we can stop KSU’s running game or not. They’ve got a pile of rushing yards on the season so far, and rush D has been our weakness on D up to this point.

I think we’ll score some drat points though.

It's also going to come down to whether K-State's defense is real or imaginary. We've currently allowed exactly one third down conversion this year (5.9% I saw somewhere) but in two games we've also only played a total of 85 snaps on defense.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Metapod posted:

Dying boomer ags are all in on getting a natty before they die

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Neil Armbong posted:

Aw :(

That's super not gonna happen

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Metapod posted:

They're in the SEC, won a Heisman, they're going hard in the paint to try and outshine Texas.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Neil Armbong posted:

This applies to boosters at all major programs, to be fair. But A&M is definitely at or near the top of the heap.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Neil Armbong posted:

They have bought all the jet-skis they can, built all of the outdoor kitchens their 3 homes could handle, own every firearm known to man. There is nothing left but Aggie football.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Insane that Michigan makes so much money and then their coach wins nothing and complains about it being hard to recruit against sec teams

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
They could use that same money to make their campus or college station itself beautiful but nope got to donate it to a lost cause lmao

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Metapod posted:

They could use that same money to make their campus or college station itself beautiful but nope got to donate it to a lost cause lmao

Wonder what percentage goes to dog funerals

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

Wonder what percentage goes to dog funerals

They're good dogs, Lee.

https://twitter.com/reveille/status/1170461773809541120

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Metapod posted:

It isn't a lost cause, it's just a field crowded with a lot of good contenders. There's no reason they can't win a title if Clemson could do it.

That being said, their fake army guys really irritate me and I hope they don't win it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

Insane that Michigan makes so much money and then their coach wins nothing and complains about it being hard to recruit against sec teams

Harbaugh has won 10 games 3 out of his 4 complete seasons

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Raku posted:

You could say that about the majority of the teams on the list. Really all of them except for Ohio State and Alabama.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

They're good dogs, Lee.

So was Blondi.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

So was Blondi.

._.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

PostNouveau posted:

There are American teams that fire you for that!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh no he couldn't beat the second greatest coach this century!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Malzahn beat Bama like three times in that timespan

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tbf gus is a master at trolling bama and the Auburn fans that want him gone

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Metapod posted:

Oh no he couldn't beat the second greatest coach this century!

Yeah but you seem to be very level-headed... the rest of the M fanbase/donors/AD tho? That remains to be seen. It just seems like Harbaugh is going down the Pelini route.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I want to smash my dick & balls with a hammer every time we lose to Ole Miss

So seven in a row to Rival is uh.. something else

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

tbf he only coached 4 of these

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Metapod posted:

The campus isn’t supposed to look good; the ugliness is the point

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

PostNouveau posted:

He got loving blown out a lot more than the ones he didn't coach though

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
So apparently the UNC-Wake Forest game this weekend is an OOC game between members of the same conference?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Thermos H Christ posted:

So apparently the UNC-Wake Forest game this weekend is an OOC game between members of the same conference?

Wow, good find. Apparently they just want to play each other more than once per six years. They have another one scheduled for 2021. They last met in 2015 and don't play each other again in conference play until 2022.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/01/26/acc-wake-forest-north-carolina-non-conference-game/22347863/

Last time I remember this happening is when UCLA and Colorado already had a non-conference game scheduled when CU joined the Pac-12. I'm probably forgetting another since then.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Don't forget that they also lost seven in a row before that win over an interim head coach.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Dino Babers.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Let me introduce you to the University of Tennessee which has not beaten Alabama since 2006. 13 straight losses.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

what the heck

^ this is definitely tennessee's year though

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

You're right, but I included the earlier losses to show that the maize and blue boosters will be be losing their patience before long. Justin Fields is tearing it up so far...

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Scarf posted:

Yeah but you seem to be very level-headed... the rest of the M fanbase/donors/AD tho? That remains to be seen. It just seems like Harbaugh is going down the Pelini route.

hes also been bad in bowl games and mediocre against MSU, they won the Citrus Bowl in 2015, lost the Orange Bowl in 2016, lost the Outback Bowl in 2017, lost the Citrus Bowl in 2018

not the kind of performance to match the hype

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

Let me introduce you to the University of Tennessee which has not beaten Alabama since 2006. 13 straight losses.

So mote it be

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sab0921 posted:

Iowa State lost 15 times in a row to Iowa from the mid-80s to the late 90's.

Even better, our all time record against Oklahoma is 6-75-2.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
K-State will match the longest win streak against KU if we win this year (11 In a row, gently caress you Ron Prince).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Iowa State lost 15 times in a row to Iowa from the mid-80s to the late 90's.

Even better, our all time record against Oklahoma is 6-75-2.

Made me wonder, for a named rivalry is anything more lopsided than Oklahoma/Oklahoma State? 18-88-7.

The Holy War isn't that bad but might be the streakiest. Utah won all the games up until like 1970, lost almost all until around 1992, and now generally wins all of them again.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

PostNouveau posted:

you can win all the games you want and still not actually win jack poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

This has me digging and Iowa State has a winning record against three total P5 teams. Pitt we are 1-0 (Insight.com Bowl baby!), Kansas State we are 50-48-4, and Utah we are 4-1. So many years of ineptitude.