Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsEOIpXNyzI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Pelosi walks out on press: I’m done talking about impeachment

Article posted:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi shut down press questions about whether the House is conducting a formal impeachment inquiry as some lawmakers claim.

“I’m not answering any more questions about a possible inquiry, investigation, and the rest,” Pelosi tersely told reporters who asked her about the matter at her weekly press conference.

Pelosi’s frustration led her to walk away from the podium, cutting her press conference short after calling for the media to focus on the Senate GOP’s refusal to take up a Democratic proposal to expand background checks for gun purchases.

“Why is it that you are hung up with a word over here when lives are at stake over there?” the California Democrat said, walking out of the room.

Pelosi has got to be hiding something, right? That's the only thing I can think of that she would be this resistant for this long.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Because you can actually start impeachment proceedings, make him suffer hearings for the rest of his presidency, and get Republicans on record as saying "corruption is cool and good" you dumb rear end in a top hat(Pelosi)! Meanwhile gun control is a moot issue. Nothing will come of it. Move on until you have the Senate and the Executive, then abolish the filibuster and ram that poo poo though IFYOU ACTUALLY CARE.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Velocity Raptor posted:

Pelosi has got to be hiding something, right? That's the only thing I can think of that she would be this resistant for this long.

She seems to be hiding this political genius intellect that we've all heard about for a decade+. From everyone. All the time.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

on the one hand its pewds and loving :hmbol: at him desperately trying to pretend he isn't all in on the (((jews))) bandwagon,

but on the other the ADL is an insanely lovely charity

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Velocity Raptor posted:

Can’t wait for her to get primaried.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

No poo poo.

What a moron that it took him this long to figure it out

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Not Anti-Semitic at all....

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Shifty Pony posted:

Yes, they use the force sensors only. Maybe they look for changes or variation in force too but in any case a chunk of weight is all it takes.

Other manufacturers are much much more stringent, because they are designing their cars with this in mind:

The big manufacturers know just how aggressively dumb drivers are and they work very hard to keep them from being stupid and deflect liability. They almost take the same approach that software devs do with users: assume they will do the dumbest thing possible then figure out something dumber and expect that. (unless it costs the makers 10¢ per part more in which case all bets are off)

As an automotive employee the last part is a giant "it depends." I work in a safety related commodity and literally a bunch of the rules are different for our designers and suppliers. We get greenlit for all kinds of cost increases if it will improve safety, since no one actually wants to have cars be unsafe since we all drive them too.

Most recalls aren't from intentional decisions to avoid safety standards, it's engineers getting too clever and thinking they found a way to have their cake and eat it too.

And overall, and in a large part because of strong regulation, cars are tremendously reliable and safe, especially when you travel the safety standards back through time.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

BonoMan posted:

That show was so bad and Aaron Sorkin is loving terrible and I have no idea why so many people think he's a genius. His writing is hack level poo poo.

This was AWESOME though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc1vrO6iL0U

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

TulliusCicero posted:

No poo poo.

What a moron that it took him this long to figure it out

This kind of poo poo can't be forgiven. If it took you until 2019 to realize Trump is who he is you don't deserve a pass. If you jump off a cliff the ground isn't going to show you any sympathy just because you regret your decision midflight.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Caro's book addresses a lot of the parts of LBJ's history and upbringing that this person finds puzzling. LBJ was, to put it mildly, a complicated man.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

definitely did a spit take here lol

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

A big flaming stink posted:

definitely did a spit take here lol

Why?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

caro is a legendary goon who decided to be a war tourist, traveled to syria, got captured and thrown in a syrian government prison, and was presumed dead until he was released

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/syria-isis-kevin-dawes

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Caro link on SAclopedia

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2299

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Caro was an SA poster notable for nutjob tinfoil hat conspiracy theories, fighting in Syria, and ending up in a Syrian jail

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Can out-of-state residents donate to Shahid Buttar?

Because fuuuuuuck Pelosi it's time to get her out.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

luxury handset posted:

caro is a legendary goon who decided to be a war tourist, traveled to syria, got captured and thrown in a syrian government prison, and was presumed dead until he was released

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/syria-isis-kevin-dawes

I wish someone still had a picture of him playing "medic" using stuff he learned on youtube.

Also he posted a video of himself on youtube in a sniper battle.

:caro:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Caro is the name of a goon who made the awesome decision to become a citizen journalist, leaving America for loving Syria whereupon he had the massively good fortune to be captured and held in a Syrian prison for years instead of getting killed.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Probably because of LBJ's legendary donger which got more laws passed than the past three congresses.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

I don't live in CA but I've donated to him, don't see why you can't.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

A big flaming stink posted:

on the one hand its pewds and loving :hmbol: at him desperately trying to pretend he isn't all in on the (((jews))) bandwagon,

but on the other the ADL is an insanely lovely charity

On a third hand, pewp ain't going to be redirecting that donation to J Street or something.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

WoodrowSkillson posted:

As an automotive employee the last part is a giant "it depends." I work in a safety related commodity and literally a bunch of the rules are different for our designers and suppliers. We get greenlit for all kinds of cost increases if it will improve safety, since no one actually wants to have cars be unsafe since we all drive them too.

Most recalls aren't from intentional decisions to avoid safety standards, it's engineers getting too clever and thinking they found a way to have their cake and eat it too.

And overall, and in a large part because of strong regulation, cars are tremendously reliable and safe, especially when you travel the safety standards back through time.

Oh I know, it was a tongue firmly in cheek joke about the realities of omnipresent cost constraints in automotive design.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

I for one am very excited about the generation of children who grew up on PewDiePie's videos and will grow into vicious antisemites.

YouTube is of course a lot more interested in focusing on important issues, like flagging a gay teenager's vlog as "explicit content"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oh my god, this is the most "Let Them Fight" situation I have ever seen :munch:

Please tear each other apart :unsmigghh:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1172226186375782401

Allers has "educator" in his profile.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Nth Doctor posted:

Caro is the name of a goon who made the awesome decision to become a citizen journalist, leaving America for loving Syria whereupon he had the massively good fortune to be captured and held in a Syrian prison for years instead of getting killed.

He wasn't even a journalist. He participated in firefights.

I won't inline this, but here you can see our intrepid goon with an automatic rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NMS7fuZQUI

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Caro is a failed PissPigGrandad

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Goddamn

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CuddleCryptid posted:

Folks, we already have a documentary on self driving cars

What? No.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nth Doctor posted:

I don't know if being "starved and beaten in a Syrian torture dungeon for years as an unmedicated schizophrenic" is lucky tbh

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Cocaine is a helluva drug

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Nail Rat posted:

Angry_Ed posted:

I don't live in CA but I've donated to him, don't see why you can't.

:cheers: I just tossed him $25.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

TulliusCicero posted:

I don't know if being "starved and beaten in a Syrian torture dungeon for years as an unmedicated schizophrenic" is lucky tbh

Well when the alternatives are KIA or torture murdered maybe it's good fortune to walk free again.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

liz cheney is possibly the laziest clout chaser ever, it's just so unabashed that she's trying to grow a brand by starting dumb little fights to get her name out there

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

He wasn't even a journalist. He participated in firefights.

I won't inline this, but here you can see our intrepid goon with an automatic rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NMS7fuZQUI

I remember him describing shooting at people in houses that he just used schizophrenia logic to assume were hostile. Dude's a piece of poo poo. No one deserves syrian torture prison, but caro definitely should be prosecuted

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 12, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

mango sentinel posted:

Well when the alternatives are KIA or torture murdered maybe it's good fortune to walk free again.

Oh I agree with that I guess

His luckiest break was that goons cared cared enough to talk to adjacent-to-goons people in the State Department to actually intervene

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 12, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Velocity Raptor posted:

gently caress you, Nancy. gently caress you sideways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

BonoMan posted:

What? No.

Huh, never knew Maximum Overdrive was one of King's.

:cheers: