Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Wow they really dialled up the creep factor of the beauty and the beast story didn't they? Like as if the whole Stockholm syndrome thing involving a rich dude with anger issues want bad enough.

"Why won't Belle just do what she's told?!" :yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fTd1aYzNHI

E: Warning, the first 12 seconds is clips from future games.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 7, 2019

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm still waiting for him to make Peanut Cheese Bars and Kraken Fin Soup from Earthbound, dammit

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

glad the mainstream is finally paying attention to the true classics of gaming

(update's here, sorry its a few days late, but i got kinda busy irl)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't believe Sora got to meet the president of China. What was he doing at Bernie's house, though?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Y'know, I was just watching an episode of Avatar the Last Airbender and then I come here to check out the new part and it made me realize that Youtube's ten minute limit on videos really kinda sucks a lot?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I'd rather we'd have gotten a summon of Foxy Loxy (pre-brain scrambling)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I can't believe the popsicle posse has been reduced to such lowbrow humor, this isn't what I watch LPs by professional gamers for.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
woooow I forgot Chicken Little even happened (or that it was a Disney property). I mean, the rest of the world did too, but drat.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Y'know, I was just watching an episode of Avatar the Last Airbender and then I come here to check out the new part and it made me realize that Youtube's ten minute limit on videos really kinda sucks a lot?
Yeah, that's why most people host their LPs on Google Video. Get with the program, FutureFriend.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

Yeah, that's why most people host their LPs on Google Video. Get with the program, FutureFriend.

ya know me, as a true cyberpunker i like to support the little guys and not the big soulless corps

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Auron looks really weird aged down.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I've never seen the actual game Auron's from but goddamn how ridiculous.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

It's called AHAHAHAHAHA Fantasy Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

TwoPair posted:

now some of you blind threaders might be thinking "who is this auron, seems like a real clown". and you would be wrong, kefka is the clown

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow progamer FutureFriend taking out that ghost ship on the first encounter.

Also holy cow, imagine if Hercules got a keyblade. We'd be unstoppable.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

My memory of FFX is vague, but I'm pretty sure Auron didn't look like that in that game.

I do dig the Underworld mechanic of not being able to use your full range of abilities while you're there. It's true to the movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, it's specifically a younger version of Auron for some reason.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Did auron die in ffx?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

Did auron die in ffx?

No, I'm pretty sure he died before that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, it's specifically a younger version of Auron for some reason.

It's young Auron from earlier Jecht Spheres.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
My impression was always that it was Auron after Yunalesca kills him but before he goes Sin surfing to look after Tidus.

But then Final Fantasy games aren't really canon in any way in Kingdom Hearts anyway (see also: Seifer and Leon).

Hilariously enough, Seifer and Leon aren't even the most "how are these characters from the same Final Fantasy game?" instance in KH2.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
You didn't even need to wait for KH2. You got it in KH1 with Leon and Selphie. I think FF7 is the only where they seem to keep the cast as one group that knows each other.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

let's finish up the coliseum today.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh thank God, a new episode, I needed to know more about the famously large China.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's not quite as large as the trouble that brews in it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, Hercules' color drains before you do the Hydra fight. I'm shocked they added that into this game.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

If you run over to where Meg is during the fight, she will toss some health and drive orbs your way.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I know "jump up on the Hydra's back" is an ancient meme and that it originated in KH2, but not what made it a point of reference. I gotta say, I see the hype.

Also that Organization XIII guy is playing a dick guitar lol

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm late regarding the Auron chat, but yes, that's Auron right off of the heels of being murdered by Yunalesca.

It's weird, because Auron is explicitly Final Fantasy X Auron, but then you have Tidus and Wakka on Destiny Islands as kids. :shrug:

RareAcumen posted:

Wow, Hercules' color drains before you do the Hydra fight. I'm shocked they added that into this game.

Olympus seems to get a lot more movie accuracy than other worlds, to my recollection.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I'm late regarding the Auron chat, but yes, that's Auron right off of the heels of being murdered by Yunalesca.

It's weird, because Auron is explicitly Final Fantasy X Auron, but then you have Tidus and Wakka on Destiny Islands as kids. :shrug:

Every time someone asks about the FF characters in Kingdom Hearts, another useless zipper or belt gets added to a costume.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
You joke about Air Jordans in the video but the Hercules movie had an honest-to-goodness joke about Hercules having his own shoe line. Or rather, sandal line because ancient Greece.

E: lmao I forgot that they were called Air-Hercs
https://youtu.be/A7QIOo0qS5k

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 4, 2019

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

its time to meet some of your favorite mascots like The Lady Mouse and Cleaning Equipment.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I can't believe Nomura made a whole world where Disney's copyright of Steamboat Willy is the cornerstone of light and the vines encroaching upon it are the public domain, making Sora help Disney's continually ruining of Copyright law for everyone else to keep a vice-grip on the Mickey Mouse character.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
It's not like the Disney boys are the only ones who get to have fun! Behold: extremely high level white mage Her Royal Highness Minnie Mouse.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Geemer posted:

I can't believe Nomura made a whole world where Disney's copyright of Steamboat Willy is the cornerstone of light and the vines encroaching upon it are the public domain, making Sora help Disney's continually ruining of Copyright law for everyone else to keep a vice-grip on the Mickey Mouse character.
Bet they are kicking themselves now with what happened with Spider-man

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

achillesforever6 posted:

Bet they are kicking themselves now with what happened with Spider-man

Is Pete Sony in this scenario?

Because honestly that would explain a lot.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The general video games thread in Games had a rousing chat about Kingdom Hearts earlier today, and it got me wondering how much of the general batshittery of the plot had to do with Disney meddling and how much had to do with Nomura's insane anime nonsense. Did the former lead to the latter, or was Nomura always going to have a really weird imprint on all of this anyway?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

get that OUT of my face posted:

The general video games thread in Games had a rousing chat about Kingdom Hearts earlier today, and it got me wondering how much of the general batshittery of the plot had to do with Disney meddling and how much had to do with Nomura's insane anime nonsense. Did the former lead to the latter, or was Nomura always going to have a really weird imprint on all of this anyway?

I always figured that Nomura designed plots the same way he designs character outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

now i don't wanna say my take on this is 100% substantiated as i haven't read every little background thing on the development but from interviews i've read, it seems that kh1 was made during the tail-end of when disney outright did not give a poo poo and just threw poo poo at the wall, so its mostly just a trek through the disney worlds and the actual plot is a straight-forward light vs dark story.

however i think sometimes inbetween 1 and 2, disney's corporate strategy started to become about insane micromanagement. like they send bibles to everyone now about which characters are allowed to cross-pollinate with other characters and what not. (you can see a lot of recent interviews where they talk about how disney sends them a list of neutral characters like mickey mouse who are exempt from these rules) usually this leads to a lot of development time having to be a lot of back and forth between disney and squenix on how to be beholden to "the canon interpretation" of the non-neutral characters, so while i can't corroborate, i'm thinking this led the staff to focus more on the story of original characters so they don't have to spend months of dev time just on satisfying disney more.

some of the poo poo disney demands is insane, like a lot of the devs have talked about how sometimes they're told that one of their character's line of sight is just not right and they have to redo the facial animation for like one second of cutscene. so in short, death to canon.