Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Worms was and remains the loving best and I too have happy memories of going round my mate with an Amiga's house and abusing the ninja rope until my other friends unanimously banned it from our games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Is there anyone who posts in this thread that doesn't belong in games workshop?

I support the tabletop renaissance so do not debase myself with the loathsome expensive Space Marine, we only buy crowdfunded board games with lots of lovely miniatures and obtuse rules now. Too obnoxious to belong in Games Workshop.

Gorn Myson posted:

lol the Lib Dems saw Kamala Harris' idea for helping out students and thought she was on the right track.

These people are so bad at this stuff. Every policy proposal they have requires so many caveats that every single one you read just removes even the tiniest bit of goodwill you might have for said policy.

And every policy they make has this huge, vague, looming "or else" at the end of it. Like here's 9k for education, hope you didn't learn about something you love guess you should have studied 'whatever career is least poo poo in op-eds that moment', hope you didn't do just okay instead of really well guess you should have been better at the arbitrary testing scheme, hope you didn't study 'whatever career is least poo poo in op-eds that moment' you bitch-rear end radiographer enjoy AI lmao, hope you didn't fall for one of the thousands of grift colleges that just sprung up because you were desperate to improve your life and all we offered was this weak-rear end non-principled exploitable tuft.

gently caress this crap just help the working class, give them back the money the pedo yacht millionaires are stealing from them on a technicality, give them some legal rights and dignity these Harris Lib-Dem scraps are loving nothing. The Rees-Mogg that politely spits in your face is morally and intellectually more honest than these loving libs and they have the same ends.

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Is there anyone who posts in this thread that doesn't belong in games workshop?

Nah, I'm someone's mum.

And that someone hangs out in Games Workshop.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Most other adaptions of Pratchett, especially the Sky led ones, just feel lacking. Like the production values are high enough, as is the casting quality and the set design, but... It just feels like there's no love in there. I wish I could put my finger on exactly what it is that's missing.

I think its like someone else said. Its the narrators voice. Some things work best in the format they were originally created for I guess.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The loving ninja rope.

gently caress me.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I haven't had a haircut since 1989.

Last time I posted this fact it got a 'username/post combo' response so I suppose this is actually completely pointless.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/adidasfuneral/status/1172199274148454400

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Unkempt posted:

I haven't had a haircut since 1989.

Last time I posted this fact it got a 'username/post combo' response so I suppose this is actually completely pointless.

?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Chuka Umana posted:

Today I learned Dianne Abbott and Jeremy Corbyn had a short but passionate relationship in the early 80s and went on a motorcycle tour of East Germany together.

IIRC one of the earliest newspaper things said against Corbyn after he became leader was basically, "Shock Horror as Jeremy Corbyn was in a consensual sexual relationship...with a black woman!" :monocle:

Fake edit;
Ah yes, it was the Torygraph. It's quite revealing in its attack-lines and slurs too, all of which would be used in future attacks:

And how they seem to regard Corbyn having two healthy, consensual, sexual relationships, with adults as any way damaging whatsoever, in comparison to the apparent hundreds of other MP nonces, rapists, abusers, and sexpests.

2015 posted:

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn had a fling with fellow MP Diane Abbott in the 1970s, it has emerged, as sources told the Telegraph of a second relationship with another Labour politician.

Mr Corbyn and Ms Abbott are said to have had a sexual relationship and even went on a motorbike tour of East Germany following the break-up of his first marriage to Jane Chapman.

A source close to the Labour leader confirmed the tryst after he failed to step in and reprimand Ms Abbott following a row with a fellow female Labour MP on Monday. Ms Abbott did not respond to requests for comment.

Ms Abbott is reported to have verbally attacked new MP Jess Phillips after she criticised Mr Corbyn’s lack of top female shadow ministers, warning her: “You’re not the only feminist in the parliamentary Labour Party”.

[...]

The spat comes amid reports that Mr Corbyn also had a relationship with a second Labour MP in the 1980s – they are said to have got together when both were members of parliament.

[...]

It follows a bitter row with high-flying Labour MP Chuka Umunna earlier this week after he issued a damning statement warning Mr Corbyn to be clear on his stance on Europe.

In it the former shadow business secretary wrote: “It is my view that we should support the UK remaining a member of the EU, notwithstanding the outcome of any renegotiation by the Prime Minister, and I cannot envisage any circumstances where I would be campaigning alongside those who would argue for us to leave – Jeremy has made it clear to me that he does not wholeheartedly share this view.”

[...]

But the [Labour Brexit] decision has put Mr Corbyn under yet more pressure as the leaders of Britain’s Jewish community also demanded he set out his views on antisemitism and Israel.

A Labour spokesman said the leader would meet “all leaders of all faith groups” as soon as he has settled into the role.

Nigel Dodds, the deputy leader of Northern Ireland’s Democratic Unionist Party, warned Mr Corbyn to be clear on his views on the IRA in Northern Ireland, claiming he is “still very close to Sinn Fein and Sinn Fein’s leadership”.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Deleted now, was it anything exciting?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The loving ninja rope.

gently caress me.
The most powerful and humiliating weapon to kill someone with since the poke. It's way harder to use well on console though.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

big scary monsters posted:

The most powerful and humiliating weapon to kill someone with since the poke. It's way harder to use well on console though.

Always worms rappelling down onto me, popping a stick of dynamite on my head and loving back off up again.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Always worms rappelling down onto me, popping a stick of dynamite on my head and loving back off up again.

Flying a super sheep right down the Viet Cong-like tunnel of some darksiding bastard might be the most satisfaction a video game can offer.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Flying a super sheep right down the Viet Cong-like tunnel of some darksiding bastard might be the most satisfaction a video game can offer.

i always panic and..... .... bam a waste.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

happyhippy posted:

Text him, saying you'll give him £50 to streak.

He sat in Brandon Lewis's chair during the pre-show debate and farted fairly hard into it before he got up.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Good Omens TV was pretty good but far too literal an adaptation. It was incredibly obvious that it was a story written in the early 90s. There haven’t been cozy bookshops like Aziraphale’s in Soho for like 20 years. There’s a joke about Jeffery Archer, a man I haven’t thought about in a decade. There’s a joke about Elvis still being alive and working in a diner even though Elvis would be in his 90s by now. A middle-aged man says that in his youth he wanted to make album covers for the Rolling Stones - his “youth” was in the 1980s at the earliest. The stuff with the kids was always meant to be fairly anachronistic but now they’re just completely divorced from how children live their lives these days.

They either should have made it a period piece or properly rewritten the story to reflect the times. I don’t really see the point in slavishly recreating a novel as a TV show, use it as a jumping-off point for new stuff.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Does anybody in real life actually use those words tabloids use in their efforts to whip up salacious shock-horror scandals, like fling and romp?

If such a person exists I hope I never encounter them :/

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Haven't read the last couple of pages, so sorry if i've missed anything, i'll catch up shortly, but here is episode 3!

Podcasting is Praxis Episode 3 - Judged On Your Record

Episode 4 to come tomorrow (because if the lords can stop time, so the gently caress can I, it's still Thursday to me, okay :mad: )

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

crispix posted:

Does anybody in real life actually use those words tabloids use in their efforts to whip up salacious shock-horror scandals, like fling and romp?

If such a person exists I hope I never encounter them :/

My favourite is “sex session”. Has anyone in real life ever described the sex they’ve had as taking place in a session?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Like, uni should be free but I think minimum grade requirements to go at 18 (CCC or equilvents, CCD if you're from deprived areas) would be a good thing to stop people drifting to university which they don't have the skills to make use of. Gonna wait if you're 21 then, by which time you probably know better if you actually want/need more education.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Haven't read the last couple of pages, so sorry if i've missed anything, i'll catch up shortly, but here is episode 3!

Episode 4 to come tomorrow (because if the lords can stop time, so the gently caress can I, it's still Thursday to me, okay :mad: )

:toot:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I got a knockoff M65 jacket from Silvermans a while ago, with a removable thermal liner. Basically the perfect jacket from mild summer to pretty harsh winter, the only drawback is because they only had it in olive drab and I haven't bothered cutting my hair since spring I look like every loving caricature of a 70s Trot.

I will never not wear my ushanka with my greatcoat, so I just look like a tankie who is shy about his dungarees

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sebzilla posted:

:siren: Liberal Democrat policy announcement :siren:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/education/2019/09/exclusive-liberal-democrats-unveil-plan-give-9000-over-25s-adult

You can have £9000 to spend on education/training when you're an adult (meaning 25+ because otherwise feckless school leavers would spunk it up the wall on nearly a year's university tuition) in three or more installments over your life maybe

Can only see this pissing off the youth vote tbh. Good for Jeremy Corbyn?

Wow, a whole year of tuition at most English universities, how generous.

What a stupid, contemptuous shower of shites. I'm sure that'll help everyone overlook the massive homophobic ex-Tory MP they just let into the party.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I woke up in the middle of the night so followed the democratic debate and journalists are saying that biden is sharp and coherent and this attack by Castro was extremely mean and unjustified

https://twitter.com/zei_nabq/status/1172348786158518272

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Tpx5WMFio

https://twitter.com/StanleyRoper14/status/1172336026766831616

https://twitter.com/bendreyfuss/status/1172347273780633600

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1172343177749118977

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
Same, now I'm watching the Marianne Williamson post-debate thing. She's actually a decent speaker, despite her eccentricities?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Saith posted:

Same, now I'm watching the Marianne Williamson post-debate thing. She's actually a decent speaker, despite her eccentricities?

Well yeah, when you're a professional self help quack for your whole life, you have to be charismatic

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

The Glumslinger posted:

Well yeah, when you're a professional self help quack for your whole life, you have to be charismatic

Oh that makes sense.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Brexit wouldnt have happened were Williamson able to offer you her psychic protection.

(Also she's a left-lib with kooky spiritual ideas, but she's obviously not actually crazy. Believing climate change or vaccines aren't real is way more insane than anything she's said. The severity of her reputation has a lot to do with her gender)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

unwantedplatypus posted:

Brexit wouldnt have happened were Williamson able to offer you her psychic protection.

(Also she's a left-lib with kooky spiritual ideas, but she's obviously not actually crazy. Believing climate change or vaccines aren't real is way more insane than anything she's said. The severity of her reputation has a lot to do with her gender)

She wrote a book about where she talked about magicing away AIDS and cancer with the power of positive thoughts and has repeatedly used anti-vax talking points

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Given the constitutional crisis we're all in, I think a listen of the revolutions podcast on the English Civil war and the mess that started it. https://www.revolutionspodcast.com/2013/09/001-the-kingdoms-of-charles-stuart.html

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

She wrote a book about where she talked about magicing away AIDS and cancer with the power of positive thoughts and has repeatedly used anti-vax talking points

She never encouraged AIDS or cancer victims to stop taking their medicine. People are allowed to seek spiritual/personal help, if they want it.

Her anti-vax stuff is overblown, but probably is still her biggest weakness in the "not being poo poo category"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

unwantedplatypus posted:

She never encouraged AIDS or cancer victims to stop taking their medicine. People are allowed to seek spiritual/personal help, if they want it.

Her anti-vax stuff is overblown, but probably is still her biggest weakness in the "not being poo poo category"

tbf she did suggest that the US could divert hurricanes through positive thinking

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Another really good episode. Necessarily different in tone from the last two, and had me in a genuine state of rage on more than one occasion.

When you see the pieces all laid out like that, it's so obviously another "X industrial complex" where the capitalist imperative to push for cheaper and cheaper labour requires the removal of anything that slows or prevents the race to the bottom.

So loving mad at anyone who supports this poo poo

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Convex posted:

tbf she did suggest that the US could divert hurricanes through positive thinking

Her support for the green new deal also helps with hurricanes

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
So polling day for the first by-election since I became party secretary was yesterday, and I put a lot of work into the campaign. Let’s see how the results went.

https://www.twitter.com/britainelects/status/1172273147007160326

Oh.

In so many ways, I am not Dommie Cummies.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Convex posted:

I can't hold that too strongly against her given that the other approaches they have are "shoot it" and "nuke it"

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Lotta people talking about the ninja rope & dynamites being OP (which is true) but the real offenders are the loving punches. Also mines. Even kamikazes, basically anything that moves enemy worms in a predictable arc without having to aim is p much an insta-multi-kill. Limit all that poo poo to 1, most of the game should be grenades & bazookas, with a bunch of one-off basic tools to do the odd clever play when someone's getting cocky.

Very fond memories of playing that game on the PS1 in student halls (in loving 2005 lol), passing the controller on the left hand side is a great way to remind people that there's something else they're supposed to pass

e: loving shotguns, shoot someone into the drink and then run far away to safety, if there's one weapon that should be banned that's it

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 13, 2019

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

superLINUS posted:

So polling day for the first by-election since I became party secretary was yesterday, and I put a lot of work into the campaign. Let’s see how the results went.

https://www.twitter.com/britainelects/status/1172273147007160326

Oh.

In so many ways, I am not Dommie Cummies.

Ah the exquisite pain of a conservative losing a seat to a liberal democrat. Like the bitterest of dark chocolates.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Ms Adequate posted:

I can't hold that too strongly against her given that the other approaches they have are "shoot it" and "nuke it"

I once heard something about Rasputin's spiritual woo healing advice actually working for the tsar's wife primarily because it avoided her condition getting worse by going through the godawful "medical" treatments of the time

What I'm saying is, marriane is going to gently caress the president's spouse and then get murdered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

big scary monsters posted:

abusing the ninja rope

:fap:

Also, file this under " I saw this so you now have to"

https://twitter.com/tokyo_sexwhale/status/1172392896483344386?s=19