Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

neaden posted:

Is this the first Monty Python reference? Proud of wizards for the restraint.

looks like it ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

rkajdi posted:

Why would that ruin modern?

Whir of invention or goblin engineer tutoring an answer to Stony is broken

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mat Cauthon posted:

Depends on how the format shakes out, but I think there's a case to be made for it especially since Esper and Bx aggro will be extremely strong and all over the place post-rotation.

Edit: Ogre Knight owns. I can't tell what's going on in that Knight of the Keep art.

an extremely ornate and impractical shield, I think

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Oathsworn Knight should be a base 0/1 so that it stays around but is ineffectual after losing all their limbs counters. Flavor fail!

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sampatrick posted:

Whir of invention or goblin engineer tutoring an answer to Stony is broken

That's what was missing. Anything that makes that decks better is bad for the game, I agree.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

rip conley woods banned forever

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

1 wow theyve only ever banned 190 people
2 if you commit a crime, however heinous, but it does not have anything to do with magic (like selling coke) or playing magic (or anything adjacent to the magic community/magic affiliated events) does that put you in danger of ban?
2a is it visibility to the magic community that would be enough for a ban? when pharmabro was going down for securities fraud he was publicly liquidating his assets into reserved list cards-- is that enough to eat a ban?
3 both 2 and 2a are questions in jest because the dci suspended membership list is at the discretion of wotc and can just be understood as unsporting conduct, grounds for immediate dci sanctions

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 13, 2019

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

interesting when you look at the lifetime bans. most of them are Literally Whos, who I assume were banned either for cheating or for doing something flagrantly out of bounds at an event, but i recognize Zach Jesse (raped a girl in college), Jeremy Hambly (organized a harassment campaign against cosplayers), Alex Bertoncini (Patron Saint of Cheaters). who else?

atrus50 posted:

2 if you commit a crime, however heinous, but it does not have anything to do with magic (like selling coke) or playing magic (or anything adjacent to the magic community/magic affiliated events) does that put you in danger of ban?
2a is it visibility to the magic community that would be enough for a ban? when pharmabro was going down for securities fraud he was publicly liquidating his assets into reserved list cards-- is that enough to eat a ban?

it's very context sensitive, since pat chapin dealt enough drugs to do hard time and possibly/probably had someone murdered but he's never been sanctioned for it

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Wow. I'm not sorry he's banned. Has his criminal case been resolved yet, does anyone know?

e: trying to Google for updates mostly gives hits from freemagic which I fervently avoid reading for anything, let alone takes on sexual assault charges

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 13, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

atrus50 posted:

this only shows people that are currently banned, if your ban expires they take you off the page

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
You basically need to assault someone at an event to be banned for life, or defraud WotC out of money. I know a guy who was on the lifetime ban list because, at a GP when they had those lovely carbon copy credit card swipers, knowingly used a fake credit card to buy hundreds of dollars of product. His ban lifetime kept getting bounced around from "Lifetime" to far-off years like 2068 or something, but eventually he was taken off altogether.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I remember Travis Woo was banned for a bit and it doesn't seem like he is anymore.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

JerryLee posted:

Wow. I'm not sorry he's banned. Has his criminal case been resolved yet, does anyone know?

e: trying to Google for updates mostly gives hits from freemagic which I fervently avoid reading for anything, let alone takes on sexual assault charges

i read a post before i realised what it was, go to https://caselookup.nmcourts.gov/caselookup/app and type WOODS CONLEY into the name search parser and you can see that he.... had an ankle monitor violation and then some mail to him got Returned to Sender? ianal

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Crack fetch, pop shock, bolt myself, get banned forever, I'm conley woods.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Lone Goat posted:

i read a post before i realised what it was, go to https://caselookup.nmcourts.gov/caselookup/app and type WOODS CONLEY into the name search parser and you can see that he.... had an ankle monitor violation and then some mail to him got Returned to Sender? ianal

Conley Woods beat a girl after consulting with the internet how to get away with it. Unsurprisingly, a bunch of not lawyers handed out dumb rear end advice which Conley took as gospel and the cops just laughed at his excuse for beating said girl and took him away in cuffs.

Turns out that the old "50 shades" defense is just as capable of holding legal water as a pasta strainer, as it should be.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

So it looks like they want to encourage monocolor draft decks in Eldraine. That allows you to play 4 different quad-hybrid cards easily, as well as always be Adamant.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

PleasantDirge posted:

Conley Woods beat a girl after consulting with the internet how to get away with it. Unsurprisingly, a bunch of not lawyers handed out dumb rear end advice which Conley took as gospel

Did he actually literally plan this on the internet first, because holy poo poo

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

JerryLee posted:

Googling his name pops up the latest in the Conley saga, plus related hit of Intruder Alarm Infinite Combo.

Seems a bit on the nose, Google.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Hoping deafening silence doesn't see play, otherwise rip tokens.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
what does it do that's particularly good against tokens?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ilmucche posted:

Hoping deafening silence doesn't see play, otherwise rip tokens.

It might only have legs in modern, but that appears to be the breakout card for the set so far. So many decks get nuked by a 1 CMC enchantment (basically, anything that resembles a spells or combo deck right now) that I can't help but think it's going to show up in almost every sideboard of a deck that can support it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jabor posted:

what does it do that's particularly good against tokens?

Humans is already a tough matchup. I play 4 creatures, and short of a generous gift this would just down flashing back souls + another spell. Board presence hard to maintain while chumping until I can get strong board.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
They've spent a card (and a turn, if it's early on) not putting any pressure on you in order to play it though, so it doesn't really seem like the hugest deal if you're playing a deck that only draws one card a turn? You still get to advance the board on your turn and Path/Push the opponent's creature on their turn.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

It does work nicely with little tef.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
little piggies

https://twitter.com/Theasianavenger/status/1172353033579061248?s=20

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

quote:

~ enters the battlefield tapped unless you control three or more other Plains.
When ~ enters the battlefield untapped,put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Stonecoil Serpent X
Artifact Creature - Snake
Reach, Trample, Protection from multicolor
Stonecoil Serpent enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
0/0

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

JerryLee posted:

Not planned as in pre meditating his violent physical reaction to improperly warmed sketti-o's, planned as in chuds telling him "if you hit a woman and she calls the cops just say it was kinky time" and him accepting that as the same as consensual kink when literally nobody else but abusive weirdos do

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
That Serpent is pushed as hell.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

dragon enthusiast posted:

Stonecoil Serpent X
0/0

Dang

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Dodges Bedevil and (some of) bolas

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

that land is typed FYI

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Typed lands are cool and good.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Stonecoil Serpent X
0/0

Want to jam that in a hydras deck

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ilmucche posted:

Want to jam that in a hydras deck

yeah Simic Ramp likes its new toy

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

that land is typed FYI

oh man that's wild, jeez

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Stonecoil Serpent X
0/0

Well I have been looking for a good excuse to buy some copies of Unbound Flourishing.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Protected from assassin's trophy, tyrant's scorn, bedevil, mortify, can't be blocked by multicolor creatures, can't be bounced by teferi, destroyed by new garruk. Seems dope for any deck. Doesn't even cost 2X, just X. Pretty much any deck can play it on curve and have it be useful. Sometimes a 2/2 reach protection from multicolor can be enough for an aggro deck. And then there's proliferate stuff.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
One of the lands in this cycle is probably gonna be a good toolbox land for Modern, that you can find with one of your fetches when you need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

whydirt posted:

That Serpent is pushed as hell.

remember when X for an X/X required a downside?
then it was just fair as is
now...