Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i really hope the unlv vs northwestern game is funny. mangles please tell me there is a chance of that. i don't want an upset, i just want to laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

How much of a cut is that kid getting who designed the UT shirt?

lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

colachute posted:

How much of a cut is that kid getting who designed the UT shirt?

lol

You joke but it’s actually a great story. They gave him a full 4 year scholarship. Also all proceeds from the shirt go to the charity Stomp Out Bullying. The school isn’t taking any money from the shirt.

Last I saw over 50k have been ordered.

e: oh they also sent the kid and his class a ton of UT gear

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Sep 13, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Joey Freshwater posted:

You joke but it’s actually a great story. They gave him a full 4 year scholarship. Also all proceeds from the shirt go to the charity Stomp Out Bullying. The school isn’t taking any money from the shirt.

Last I saw over 50k have been ordered.

e: oh they also sent the kid and his class a ton of UT gear

Well that’s pretty cool actually. I am enjoying the egg on my face.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

colachute posted:

Well that’s pretty cool actually. I am enjoying the egg on my face.

Too late, I’ve already reported you for bullying and am awaiting my care package and T-shirt

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
How bad was the bullying, actually? I have a feeling the UT media/propaganda machine is racing to tell a heartwarming story.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

How bad was the bullying, actually? I have a feeling the media is racing to tell a heartwarming story.

:stare:

Not that the media isn't bad about pushing faux-heartwarming stories (see all school lunch debt payoff stories, or kids mowing lawns to pay mom's medical bills), but this ain't it chief.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

How bad was the bullying, actually? I have a feeling the UT media/propaganda machine is racing to tell a heartwarming story.

Big yikes my dude

The kid is 10, didn’t have a UT shirt to wear in college colors day so made his own by drawing UT on a piece of paper and safety pinning it to his shirt.

He’s all excited about it and goes to lunch, gets picked on and made fun of by some older kids, they tear his paper off his shirt, he winds up leaving, going back to his class early crying.

The teacher posts about it online, it goes viral, school picks it up and initially just sent him the care package. Then people pushed for them to create the T-shirt so they did. It gained such traction the site crashed. They finally offered the kid a scholarship.

Is that enough or should he have been bullied more to warrant the response? Not sure where this lands.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

probably be kinder if they gave him a scholarship to somewhere other than ut.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Big yikes my dude

The kid is 10, didn’t have a UT shirt to wear in college colors day so made his own by drawing UT on a piece of paper and safety pinning it to his shirt.

He’s all excited about it and goes to lunch, gets picked on and made fun of by some older kids, they tear his paper off his shirt, he winds up leaving, going back to his class early crying.

The teacher posts about it online, it goes viral, school picks it up and initially just sent him the care package. Then people pushed for them to create the T-shirt so they did. It gained such traction the site crashed. They finally offered the kid a scholarship.

Is that enough or should he have been bullied more to warrant the response? Not sure where this lands.

Well you see the if the Bully Coefficient is below a 6.9, we must nod solemnly but any other intervention is Disproportionate and must be Discouraged *Bleep-Bloop*.

FizFashizzle posted:

Now *this* I can get behind. lol

Proper poo poo talk.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

There it is.

Honestly it’s a good move on their part because higher education won’t be a thing by the time this kid is college age anyway!

https://www.apnews.com/ba22eace0ec2414794c6722c5bfb5baf

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I mean the only negative is that he has to actually qualify for admission to Tennessee but i assume in 6 months or so he should be able to meet those standards.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think we should give him a scholarship

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Wait can he play qb

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Wait can he play qb

I mean, possibly. Might as well see what happens at this point.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Joey Freshwater posted:

Big yikes my dude

Woah, am I not allowed to even ask that here in my Something Awful safe space? I'm a dad it's not like I condone bullying. I was curious if it was as bad as the response would indicate.

That's lovely that they ripped off his paper.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Big yikes my dude

Jesus, I wish social media was around in my day. I'd have full rides all over the place.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
There is no way ut actually gives the kid that scholarship when the time comes

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I was homeschooled

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Jesus, I wish social media was around in my day. I'd have full rides all over the place.

Seriously, that was like standard every day bullshit just 25 years ago.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Taerkar posted:

Alabama will score so much they exceed maxint and end up with a negative score, giving Tennessee the win.

Twitter hates people who expose racism.

Well guess what, that would still technically be a win, baby. Go Vols

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
buncha nerds itt

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Getting mad online because someone was, uh, too nice to a sad kid

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Anyway this has me extremely shook, y'all

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Cortes/status/1172513422799511553?s=19

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

We need one brave member of the media to ask Saban what his favorite Deez Nuts joke is.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

There is no way ut actually gives the kid that scholarship when the time comes

Haha. A promise made without consideration, etc...

Ehud posted:

I was homeschooled

I like the new AV.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MourningView posted:

Getting mad online because someone was, uh, too nice to a sad kid

I'm not mad, I'm jealous.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Now I’m convinced Saban’s entire coaching strategy is nut-centric. I bet he’s got the brass balls prop from Glengarry Glen Ross displayed prominently in his office somewhere

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Now I’m convinced Saban’s entire coaching strategy is nut-centric. I bet he’s got the brass balls prop from Glengarry Glen Ross displayed prominently in his office somewhere

"Put the coffee skoal down. Skoal's for closers."

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Joey Freshwater posted:

Love these viral "my kid/student got owned harder than anyone should ever have to be owned in this life, please offer your thoughts and prayers" cases. Like, the OP is taking a really big risk that the kid is going to come out ahead.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

What the gently caress is wrong with you

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

General Dog posted:

Love these viral "my kid/student got owned harder than anyone should ever have to be owned in this life, please offer your thoughts and prayers" cases. Like, the OP is taking a really big risk that the kid is going to come out ahead.

Yeah what an rear end in a top hat

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you

The point is that if they don’t get something tangible along with the outpouring of support, they’ve really just been humiliated in front of a bigger audience.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

im looking forward to the coug off tonight

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

General Dog posted:

The point is that if they don’t get something tangible along with the outpouring of support, they’ve really just been humiliated in front of a bigger audience.

But that’s not what happened so who cares?

*nice thing for a kid happens*

“Yeah but that totally could’ve been real lovely for you. Stay rooted in reality, kiddo.” -you, probably.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lessail posted:

i really hope the unlv vs northwestern game is funny. mangles please tell me there is a chance of that. i don't want an upset, i just want to laugh

Northwestern has a 5 star #1 ranked qb transfer from Clemson who went out against Stanfird and went Full Trubisky, the 5th year walkon backup who looked at least competent is hurt, Northwestern doesn't play football as much as just try to take a 13-13 game into OT, so this game will be extremely dumb and unwatchable.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Joey Freshwater posted:

buncha nerds itt

they're mad because they were bullied even worse and never got a full ride scholarship (or anything positive for that matter) from it

which, sucks about the bullying but it's alright to just be happy for the kid too

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Im just saying, the entire world knowing about my most humiliating day at school is a pretty reasonable trade for a full scholarship, but I don’t think I’d make that trade for, say, an $80 Raisin’ Canes gift card and an autographed Ken Caminiti bat.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

G-Hawk posted:

im looking forward to the coug off tonight

There can be only one... Couglander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

GD's avatar and post history are so in lock step