Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Squidster posted:

I've mailed over 1,500 packages through USPS, and maybe a dozen were damaged or lost. They're fast, incredibly reliable and extremely cheap. Americans have no idea what a jewel they have in their postal service. It's fun to poo poo on public servants, I guess.

I live in Canada, and it's literally cheaper to use USPS to mail a book to Hawaii, then it is for Canada Post to deliver it next door.

Postal worker spotted - the fake Canadian backstory gave you away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CommonShore posted:

That's because they're a privately owned company with a profit model which depends on internally metrics which are theoretically barely possible for their drivers to make while performing their obs possibly but in practice actually impossible to make, and they underpay drivers significantly and threaten them with discipline if they don't hit the impossible delivery metrics. The driver who just hucks the package and says "gently caress it" is probably doing it because the company's job description and policy forces him to upon threat of losing his job, but then when you get pissed off, the company blames the driver.

This can't be right, I keep being told that UPS and Fedex are awesome because they are driven by profit and thus any customer complaints will be acted upon aggressively to provide better service versus their competitors, whereas USPS sucks because the carriers have no motivation because they are slovenly unionized civil servants who can't be fired

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

Also a lot of the typical billionaire's net worth isn't cash. It's in stocks and property. Even if you were to throw Jeff Bezos in prison and sell all of his stocks, houses, sports cars, private planes, etc. to put the money back into the government, you'd need people willing to pay the price they're worth to actually get the nominal value out of it (simply printing huge amounts of money to pay for stuff tends to have an....adverse effect). Estimates of his cash reserve have it at less than $20 million. Even if you were to lock up every billionaire and make them pay for every social service, you'd hit insurmountable hurdles trying to get the money out of it.

What if they paid for their assets with their cash? You know, the cash billionaires and big corporations are hogging because they can't think and aren't motivated to invest in anything sensible? If you're taxing an asset the money doesn't literally have to come from inside that asset, you know.

Am I supposed to shed tears for them being put in the same situation they put the workers they attract with useless "options" which are nevertheless taxed as assets?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Someone tell him English is Germanic.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Actual member of the Scottish Parliament mourning a woman who says poo poo like this:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Is this the person Graham Linehan wants to gently caress

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Magdalen Berns? Yes.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

TinTower posted:

Actual member of the Scottish Parliament mourning a woman who says poo poo like this:

Eugh. Is this the heinous woman that Lineham is obsessed with?

Edit: poo poo. Someone else had the same thought.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1172183389631328261?s=20

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

TinTower posted:

She's very openly a TERF so not that surprising really is it?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Nate Silver pointing out the obvious.

Has Marianne Williamson finally dropped off the map? Thank god.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Is this the person Graham Linehan wants to gently caress

Not anymore

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

hyperhazard posted:

Someone tell him English is Germanic.

And numbers are arabic.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Source?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I mean, he could be a necrophiliac but there's no evidence for it yet

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

She's dead, champ.

Lineham is a hideous human being but I'd say he's likely given up on trying to gently caress her now.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

That is the grossest fuckin thing, good riddance to TERF garbage

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Roblo posted:

She's dead, champ.

Lineham is a hideous human being but I'd say he's likely given up on trying to gently caress her now.

You have more faith in him than I do clearly. He's going to wanking himself raw about how much of an ally he was right about now.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Roblo posted:

She's dead, champ.

He might be trying to become her now?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

Well which party does he belong to

https://twitter.com/TyronWilson/status/1172117786744762368

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Picnic Princess posted:

I mean, use the right's tactic. There's no evidence he isn't a necrophile.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Croatoan posted:

I mean, use the right's tactic. There's no evidence he isn't a necrophile.

I'm not saying he is a necrophile for sure, but I've definitely heard people talking about it and he hasn't denied it.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What if they paid for their assets with their cash? You know, the cash billionaires and big corporations are hogging because they can't think and aren't motivated to invest in anything sensible? If you're taxing an asset the money doesn't literally have to come from inside that asset, you know.

Am I supposed to shed tears for them being put in the same situation they put the workers they attract with useless "options" which are nevertheless taxed as assets?

Almost all stock grants are taxed when they vest, as that is an income stream. Until they are sold they carry an unrealized gain/loss. When they are sold the gain/loss is realized and is taxed. The concept of continually taxing investments would certainly have a negative impact on the majority of Americans retirement savings.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
The kinkiest fantasy of all: “kissing”

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Speaking of kinky:

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/1172333956252893184

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Bernie would be generous to his children what the gently caress Bernie how dare you.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What the gently caress kind of take is "children don't deserve to have nice things" Huckabee you selfish piece of poo poo

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

This explains so, so much about the Huckabees.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Piell posted:

I'm not saying he is a necrophile for sure, but I've definitely heard people talking about it and he hasn't denied it.

Outside Graham Linehan's house in a Jacob Wohl voice: "If you don't sign this document stating that you're not a necrophiliac, we will assume you are!"

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Man, those spoiled kids these days with... shoes.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If you give kids enjoyable things when they’re young, how will they develop a deep hatred for kids having fun and getting enjoyable gifts when they’re older?

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

What a weird loving take.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/MosherMoz/status/1172401743830740992

"It's not a Nazi symbol, it's a German symbol that Germany stopped using because of its association with the Nazis. Totally different." ~ Someone who is totally not a Nazi.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That argument would also apply to the swastika

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1172276938213343234?s=19

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I will be really loving unhappy if Biden turns out to be the best shot at beating Trump.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What the gently caress kind of take is "children don't deserve to have nice things" Huckabee you selfish piece of poo poo

he's trying to make some kind of point about the value of hard work and forcing children to earn the things they get, but what he's actually saying is that his own father had much lower income and earning potential than bernie sanders which is weird given that huckabee is also the type to care about income as a marker for class and status

a lot of Olds who grew up in poverty and had to engage in child labor for survival look on it as a formative experience which was good for them rather than the sort of desperate scrabble to get fed that it often is in reality. they do the same thing with child beating, aka "i got spanked and i turned out fine"

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He might be trying to become her now?

That, is so so so, loving weird.

Eugh.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

If Graham Linehan turns out to be trans I loving swear to God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

zoux posted:

That argument would also apply to the swastika

Literally heard this in real life. That it's a Buddhist temple symbol and hes not letting people upset it was stolen get in his way. (White Boomer with a thai wife)

Like, bro. Symbols mean things, and meanings change. But they still mean things