Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

abelwingnut posted:

is there a way to stream these a la the old reddit thread or is the dream dead?
Dailymotion has continued to not be aggressive about taking Jeopardy! videos down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
It would seem Dailymotion's entire raison d'etre is to allow the streaming of copyrighted poo poo. I have no idea how they haven't been ruined by a lawsuit or something, unless it's Russian or something.

EDIT: Lol, it's actually banned in Russia for copyright issues, yet available here. We're through the looking glass!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm sure ready for James to not be mentioned every episode.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Poque posted:

Ugh, no kidding.

I could listen to Valerie's voice forever; I wanted her to win just so I could listen to her speak more. It didn't even bother me that she was slow at picking clues.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Poque posted:

I was ready for that during Emma's second game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Jeff correctly answering with "What is San Francisco?" :eyepop:

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS
July
August
September
October
November

......holy poo poo.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/whoisalexjacob/status/1172544433717428229

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
ZHAAAHHHNNNNNNruh

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Spoilers for today's episode winner:

So with the knowledge that my episode is next Friday and that they tape five a day, I can confirm that I walked into the green room and recognized the current champ because he was in the episode i had just watched on my TV at home the day prior. It's a weird combination of season break and a long streak, but man is it intimidating. Does he lose in the next 4 games so I don't have to play him? I can't say, but I sure did hope so watching from the audience! See everybody out there in TV land in a week!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Spokes posted:

Spoilers for today's episode winner:

So with the knowledge that my episode is next Friday and that they tape five a day, I can confirm that I walked into the green room and recognized the current champ because he was in the episode i had just watched on my TV at home the day prior. It's a weird combination of season break and a long streak, but man is it intimidating. Does he lose in the next 4 games so I don't have to play him? I can't say, but I sure did hope so watching from the audience! See everybody out there in TV land in a week!

Is it too early to start saying the name "James Holzhauer"?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cockblocktopus posted:

Jason doesn't have anything near the same betting style as James did, if anything he's much more conservative but he does have ridiculous control of the buzzer game.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Cockblocktopus posted:

I hereby ban you from this thread forever as defacto Jeopardy thread moderator.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Also I might have gotten myself a gig as a trivia contest host at a fundraiser for our local animal shelter based on my single credential of being a Jeopardy champion.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Is that a loving cape?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

Also I might have gotten myself a gig as a trivia contest host at a fundraiser for our local animal shelter based on my single credential of being a Jeopardy champion.

Your final question has to always be a question about African geography.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

Your final question has to always be a question about African geography.

100% agreed.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/cbsnews/status/1173952126453735424?s=21

:ohdear:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Eventually treatment just nets diminishing returns. :(

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

gently caress, wanted to see a 'bet 0 and force them to make it' victory!

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
God loving drat it Helen

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Someone please help me understand the joke in the categories "Burger" and "Cal A"

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Poque posted:

Someone please help me understand the joke in the categories "Burger" and "Cal A"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Burghers_of_Calais

And yeah I was in the waiting-contestant seats for that final, hoo boy, the group was not pleased with wagering

e: also i will try not to self-post about my appearance a million more times but hey watch me friday my name is john

Spokes fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 18, 2019

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Spokes posted:

And yeah I was in the waiting-contestant seats for that final, hoo boy, the group was not pleased with wagering

e: also i will try not to self-post about my appearance a million more times but hey watch me friday my name is john

Please do post about it a million more times, it's an exciting time and we're all excited to cheer for you! Retro good luck :)

Vulture Culture posted:

God loving drat it Helen
SO MAD.

Also LOL my husband and I both blanked on it and also immediately went for La Marseillaise, and I should have ESPECIALLY known better because I am not only Canadian but also French, and I am well aware that La Marseillaise is a revolutionary-era song so that's going down in the annals of "final Jeopardy flubs I'm going to try to forget ASAP"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Eventually treatment just nets diminishing returns. :(

Yeah, pancreatic cancer is basically a death sentence.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spokes posted:

Thanks for the explanation and (late) good luck tomorrow!

Poque fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 19, 2019

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

thanks, i hope this jason guy loses today!

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Timby posted:

Yeah, pancreatic cancer is basically a death sentence.

Everyone ITT knows this and no one wants to hear about it anymore.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Watching now. Cute story about the deer.

Sorry dude.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 21, 2019

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah man. You did great.

Jason is just a monster on the buzzer. You can see him just slightly beating you two (and the others) on a ton of the questions. My friend played (and obviously lost) during Julia’s run, and it was similar. Everyone knew most of the answers, but Julia was just crazy good.

You should be drat proud. FYI my wife says the cool people come in 3rd in Jeopardy (she came in 3rd as well) , and that you did great.

My only slight disappointment was that you got beat on Detective Pikachu. That is a goon question right there.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Anyone got a dailymotion link or something to today's episode? I never get to watch it anymore.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I also picked Jefferson. I very briefly wondered if Burr was somehow on money. I had no idea about the Andrew Jackson stuff.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Zero One posted:

I also picked Jefferson. I very briefly wondered if Burr was somehow on money. I had no idea about the Andrew Jackson stuff.

I also went with Jefferson and didn’t make the Jackson connection until Alex mentioned picking the wrong one to Spokes. Oh well.

Also Jason making it to the 3rd most regular game winning list under Ken and James with a lot less fanfare than other big name winners. Maybe because he isn’t as splashy or something (or post James, people need to make huge bets and win large amounts of money per game in order to make the news), or is overshadowed by the Trebek news. His streak being interrupted by the summer season break probably tamped down on the coverage as well.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for the support everybody, what a fun experience. Feel like I could have been in it if things had broken slightly differently, but the champ's obviously very deserving and i hope he keeps killing it. Can't wait to watch the ToC

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Spokes posted:

Thanks for the support everybody, what a fun experience. Feel like I could have been in it if things had broken slightly differently, but the champ's obviously very deserving and i hope he keeps killing it. Can't wait to watch the ToC

You obviously should have had him knee capped. You were a Friday game, you had 4 games ahead of time to call it in and have someone knock him out for you.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Sorry if this was asked or covered, 200+ pages in the thread. But, what’s Alex like?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

He's a cyborg they plug in behind the curtain between shows

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I haven't seen your show spokes since I'm on holiday and won't be home until the beginning of October (I forgot I wasn't going to be around Friday night), but it sounds like you did well and I'm excited to watch when I get home :)

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Douchebag posted:

Sorry if this was asked or covered, 200+ pages in the thread. But, what’s Alex like?

I cannot speak myself as a contestant, but as an audience member he was great to watch. He is way less cringe worthy in person, he is pretty personable with the audience and funny. He was at his best when talking to the general audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
That final :psyduck: How do you see Pele and not immediately think Hawaii?