Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

GGG posted:

Fixed a bug introduced in 3.8.0 where 1-socket Resonators were more rare than intended and 3-socket Resonators were more common than intended. Both should now be returned to their normal drop frequencies.

That explains that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Duellist: Edgelorde
Marauder: gently caress whitey
Templar: scrooge mcduck
Witch: tarot readings at a bar
Shadow: Duellist but a bottom
Ranger: incessant galaxy brain takes
Scion: Youtube influencer that you thought had 100 subscribers but actully has several million

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Yeah, I like marauder and witch too

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Shadow's personality is the best for this kind of game/story

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Tulip posted:

Makes sense, neither one wears pants

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

500 good dogs posted:

I turn off voice and music so I have no idea what any of you are talking about.
my favourite part of the league is the progression from interrupting cassia humming the theme to it kicking in as mobs flood in.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

frajaq posted:

Shadow's personality is the best for this kind of game/story

Once he was off his tits for three days after taking bad lethe drops.

Still need to hear voice acting for all the gang in acts 5-10. Would love to hear the Shadow's take on murdering all gods everywhere. Or how about the marauder killing Tukohama, whom he references frequently and with reverence.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Does elemental focus stop you from applying bleed?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 13, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Once he was off his tits for three days after taking bad lethe drops.

Still need to hear voice acting for all the gang in acts 5-10. Would love to hear the Shadow's take on murdering all gods everywhere. Or how about the marauder killing Tukohama, whom he references frequently and with reverence.

Or the templar teaming up with literally Satan.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Does elemental focus stop you from applying bleed?

No. It's an odd combo, but no.

Fister Roboto posted:

Isn't there a buddy cop show about that?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Tulip posted:

Life is like a hurricane!
Here in! Wraeclast!
Viper lashes, Divine ires, astral planes!
It's a charged dash!

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Acht posted:

Yeah Witchfire Brew would be great, but yeah... :) I'll try Vile Toxins over Vicious.
I did have the totem wither setup actually, but my links / colours got messed up during my upgrades yesterday.
That's also why you see increased duration doing nothing in my shield. Hence my remark in the initial post to ignore some gems slotted. ;) Just levelling them up until I can fix it. I even ran out of Chromatics.

Flesh and Stone is a good tip. I'm still on the fence about investing some support gems to buff HoA, but I think an unlinked HoA and using Flesh and Stone would be a lot better. Will test that tonight, cheers.

Added Chaos is in there standard, together with Vicious. :) As mentioned, I will likely replace Vicious for Vile Toxins.
Then test Vicious for GMP on bosses.

I was wondering about that yesterday! I don't have much crafts available yet, but I do have the flat phys. Is it still worth to improve the initial hit that way, over some generic poison damage through chaos / DoT?
Diamond is in the works. After switching to the Gemini, mana is no longer an issue. Will add it!

Might as well update thanks to all the tips from yesterday.

I added in Vile Toxins over Vicious Projs. I don't notice a difference so it's fine, but I saw Mathil posting a build that uses Vicious over Vile. I guess it's quite interchangable.

Found my 6th trial (SSF) and did Uber Lab straight after. A really easy run, even though I had 4.400 life. Opportunistic is a great pickup.

Found some better boots that allowed me to fix the first step of my gems again. Back to using wither totem. Still need to try out Withering Step... Tonight. Running Despair, Precision, HoA and Flesh and Stone.

Fixed the craft to flat phys. Hit damage went up considerably, so I guess that's good to improve the poison's dps. Thanks again for the tip. :)

Einhar gave me another Doedre Flask ofcourse, no decent shields yet and no improvements on rares either. Found a good rare amulet with max T1 life and all res I can use, but waiting for my oils and some other drops, so I can craft flat chaos everywhere. Else it's barely worth changing.

Didn't manage to find a red map yet, but everything in T10 absolutely melts. I don't really bother changing out GMP (neither for Uber Izaro). Level 88 now, hoping for some good RNG to get further.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Bobsbestfriend/characters

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Tenzarin posted:

I was throwing divines into this for the lol and just cause and I got this.

Any good builds for this?

Sweep!

Really, any physical attack skill with built in flat physical will do well with voidforge.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Dance Officer posted:

Sweep!

Really, any physical attack skill with built in flat physical will do well with voidforge.

Just don't do what someone on reddit did last league and use an Impale build that calls for a Starforge and decide that the Voidforge is fine to use until you can afford the Starforge.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Getting more master missions from killing bosses feels really good.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Tenzarin posted:

Getting more master missions from killing bosses feels really good.

Yeah it's working great. Just hope starting them gets implemented into the usual map device.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Magus42 posted:

That explains that

lol they're probably changing drop rates on everything patch to patch

player retention?
fun?
engagement with different systems?

who knows

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

whypick1 posted:

Makes sense, neither one wears pants

"Thick accent, very spry for his age, and no pants" was basically my chain of thought yeah

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I like how the nun basically goes "Oh that wasnt MY Innocence! My Innocence is actually good and humble, sure he burns infidels but who among us doesnt? Dont worry time will prove me right" And you know...she was right.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Was looking over necro gear options and I feel The Queen's Hunger is worth reconsidering as a good body armor to build around compared to when it was released, Necro has a lot better ascendancy passives now but three of them for minions are basically mandatory and the rest are second fiddle to Mistress of Sacrifice which you can replace with queens, Plaguebringer and Essence Glutton are extremely strong passives worth considering when you can get Mistress's effect from a item but at the cost of randomness.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
That randomness is a pretty big cost though and means that you can't really rely on the defenses from spirit/bone offering and you're missing the speed from flesh half the time. The armor seems like just a fun gimmick to me and would be annoying to actually use seriously.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I was loving this league but I'm getting so many random crashes to desktop without even an error message that it's a chore to play. The only zone that reliably stays stable is the labyrinth. Probably because none of the recent league mechanics that cause crashes can exist in there i.e. Legion and Blight.

Necromancer is super OP now though, it's hilarious. I've kinda completed this character as much as I can until I can play a map for more than 2-3 minutes without having to log back in.

WTB Cast On Disconnect gem linked to Portal.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Acht posted:

Might as well update thanks to all the tips from yesterday.
I added in Vile Toxins over Vicious Projs. I don't notice a difference so it's fine, but I saw Mathil posting a build that uses Vicious over Vile. I guess it's quite interchangable.
Found my 6th trial (SSF) and did Uber Lab straight after. A really easy run, even though I had 4.400 life. Opportunistic is a great pickup.
Found some better boots that allowed me to fix the first step of my gems again. Back to using wither totem. Still need to try out Withering Step... Tonight. Running Despair, Precision, HoA and Flesh and Stone.
Fixed the craft to flat phys. Hit damage went up considerably, so I guess that's good to improve the poison's dps. Thanks again for the tip. :)
Einhar gave me another Doedre Flask ofcourse, no decent shields yet and no improvements on rares either. Found a good rare amulet with max T1 life and all res I can use, but waiting for my oils and some other drops, so I can craft flat chaos everywhere. Else it's barely worth changing.
Didn't manage to find a red map yet, but everything in T10 absolutely melts. I don't really bother changing out GMP (neither for Uber Izaro). Level 88 now, hoping for some good RNG to get further.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Bobsbestfriend/characters

Ahhhh Witchfire Brew just dropped!
Now to figure out my best way to reserve mana again. :)
Mortem Morsu actually dropped as well, but don't think that's an upgrade anymore.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
http://blight.raelys.com/ new blight oil tool, nice functionality

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I'm looking for build advise if anyone is interested in helping.

Character LeninSabBlight
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/leninvs/characters?characterName=Leninsabblight

I'm trying a ice to fire icicle mines build, Long term, using eternity shroud and all shaped gear.

I think my skill tree could use some love, and most of my items could use an upgrade.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

http://blight.raelys.com/ new blight oil tool, nice functionality

Very cool. Now that I know what I can make from oils I already have, I never need to worry about collecting enough to get something good.

You can't anoint a corrupted amulet, right? That should at least buy me time until I find a good amulet.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

NofrikinfuN posted:

Very cool. Now that I know what I can make from oils I already have, I never need to worry about collecting enough to get something good.

You can't anoint a corrupted amulet, right? That should at least buy me time until I find a good amulet.

You cannot, I tested it earlier. It tells you "corrupted items cannot be modified" (or something similar)

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
heads up on anointing amulets, talismaning anointed wipes the anointment, but this is confirmed to be a bug and will be changed

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Looking at poe.ninja, half of 91+ zombie Necromancers use The Baron but only 13% of zombie Guardians do. Is that just bandwagoning or is there a reason why guardians wouldn't want to use The Baron?

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Flavahbeast posted:

Looking at poe.ninja, half of 91+ zombie Necromancers use The Baron but only 13% of zombie Guardians do. Is that just bandwagoning or is there a reason why guardians wouldn't want to use The Baron?

Bandwagon imo. Guard baron is better positioned on the tree (utmost might cluster) and perfectly viable. Couple with Geoff's chest for managuard defense

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Flavahbeast posted:

Probably because memory vault or alpha howl as valid alternatives

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Just noticed stash tabs are on sale. I thought they used to do half off, but this sale doesn't seem near so extreme. :sigh:

I'm kind of lamenting that the fragments tab isn't just part of the map tab, especially since I've been getting a ridiculous amount of sacrifice fragments this time around. I'm not even up to maps and I have the fragments for Atziri.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can check previous sales here if you actually care https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Daily_Deals

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Sorry to double post, but if I were to buy the Pitfighter supporter pack, that comes with 550 points? So I'd basically be setting aside 5 bucks for the skins and effects and otherwise paying the same as I would for just the points? If so, I may just do that and buy all the stash tabs I want that way instead of just buying the points alone.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yes supporter packs are definitely the best way to buy points

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

NofrikinfuN posted:

Sorry to double post, but if I were to buy the Pitfighter supporter pack, that comes with 550 points? So I'd basically be setting aside 5 bucks for the skins and effects and otherwise paying the same as I would for just the points? If so, I may just do that and buy all the stash tabs I want that way instead of just buying the points alone.

yes the supporter packs are massivley better value for money

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

NofrikinfuN posted:

Just noticed stash tabs are on sale. I thought they used to do half off, but this sale doesn't seem near so extreme. :sigh:

I'm kind of lamenting that the fragments tab isn't just part of the map tab, especially since I've been getting a ridiculous amount of sacrifice fragments this time around. I'm not even up to maps and I have the fragments for Atziri.

The only time anything went half off that I remember was that one Black Friday sale years ago. Tabs are usually around a third off. And yeah buy a pack and get some mtx free with your points!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

also re: fragment tab. at one point it was probably the least useful tab but they keep adding stuff to it and now its pretty drat good imo.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I dunno, Cards and Essences were/are arguably less useful than Frags...

...none of that stopped me from getting all of them though. I might pick up Delve tab because it's only 4 bucks even though I hate Delve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Grimoire posted:

Bandwagon imo. Guard baron is better positioned on the tree (utmost might cluster) and perfectly viable. Couple with Geoff's chest for managuard defense

Having never used the animate guardian gem, is it that useful in a zombie summoner build?