Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
All Star wars are good.

Especially ewok adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
My personal favorite Star Wars is the Star Wars goosebumps books for kids that had holographic covers

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

skasion posted:

My personal favorite Star Wars is the Star Wars goosebumps books for kids that had holographic covers

Galaxy of fear hell yeah.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Solo was boring but some of the sets and costumes looked nice, especially that rival hover bike gang.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kazak posted:

Solo was boring but some of the sets and costumes looked nice, especially that rival hover bike gang.

I like seeing some Imperial military stuff other than stormtroopers too.

*WORLDBUILDING*

JJ, Rian, take notes!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I thought Solo was a little lifeless and it seemed like the shooting script was just hitting facts from a wookieepedia article. "Okay we have to show how he met chewie, how he got his name, how he got his ship..."

The high point was Childish Landino and his robosexual life partner.

Particularly groanworthy was his face turn loving up where we meet him characterwise in ANH, a bored imperial recruiter giving him a name, and shoehorning in Darth Maul, forcing me to think about the logistics of the Sith Colostomy Bag he would have to wear.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Reminder they built two parks as per the rule.

Dean of Swing fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 13, 2019

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Owlbear Camus posted:

Childish Landino

would make a great username

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Owlbear Camus posted:

Childish Landino

:lol:

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
mispost

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mooey Cow posted:

You can click on the question mark under a user's avatar to see all their posts in a thread.

Yeah, you can do it just as well as we can

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I found this on some other site but the '...stored in the balls' logic was appropriate for GBS.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 14, 2019

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Wtf are the midichlorians supposed to be? That was one of my least favorite things about the phantom menace. Making the force into dbz power levels.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

my dog died im sad posted:

Wtf are the midichlorians supposed to be? That was one of my least favorite things about the phantom menace. Making the force into dbz power levels.

*Qui-gon takes Anakin's blood sample*

His midichlorians... they're over NINE THOUSAND!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The ghosts in your cells. Which is why if your count is high enough you can become a ghost. And rise. Like Skywalker.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
The Ghost in the Cells: Arise

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I thought Midichlorians were fuckin great. It's a nice :techno: reason for space wizards that's not just praying or some other lame poo poo.

They don't even necessarily contradict the ascetic pseudo Buddhist junk, maybe you need that extra training/focus to actually make the tiny green force yeast do useful stuff.

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
I have been under the impression that midichlorians are just tiny living things that gather and live near force sensitive people... and thus more midichlorians, the more potential force ability a user might have. I have no problem with this being a thing.

Who says that midichlorians cause the force? It doesn't explain where the space magic comes from, its just a way to measure it. So why does this argument exist? Did people hear the movie wrong? Did I misunderstand something?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
remember, the jedi in the prequels are explicitly wrong about the force. so, when they say 'the midichlorians create the force' they've got correlation and causation mixed around. you can measure midichlorians and such, but they're not what creates the force powers.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Wtf are the midichlorians supposed to be?

It’s heroin

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That PC game from the late 90s that was a Gungan ecology sim.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Midichlorians were dumb then, dumb now and everyone was right to hate them. If you're cool with it then you might be on a different sort of spectrum. Not judging, just saying...

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i eat probiotic midichlorian-infused yogurt every morning so i have no issues in that department

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Doesn't that just make you fart with deadly force

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i am the one who brings balance to the farts

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Unleash your anger.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The Dark Jedi Knight Rises: The Ballad of Bigger Luke

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Skywalker 2: Big Luke's Jedi Hullabaloo

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Sithy Slickers 2: The Legend of Palpy’s Gold

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Star Wars: New Watch Order
Star Wars: Thrawn
Star Wars: The Yuuzhan Vong

I hope the little mechanic droids from e1 are in the new star wars film coming out in december.

Hey! Droids are people! It's Tatooine! What's your favourite?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

I thought Midichlorians were fuckin great.

:captainpop:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Torquemada posted:

It’s heroin

<awkward silence from Anakin>

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012

ChaosTheory posted:

I have been under the impression that midichlorians are just tiny living things that gather and live near force sensitive people... and thus more midichlorians, the more potential force ability a user might have. I have no problem with this being a thing.

Who says that midichlorians cause the force? It doesn't explain where the space magic comes from, its just a way to measure it. So why does this argument exist? Did people hear the movie wrong? Did I misunderstand something?

Shouldn’t it be the case that the fatter you are the more powerful your force potential?

Single and LOVING IT
Apr 4, 2004
The monkeys are coming. . .

I love the idea of 'ol Sheev deciding he needed to min/max his stats by arranging to get himself that +2 family bonus that Vader and Luke had.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Power_of_the_glory posted:

Shouldn’t it be the case that the fatter you are the more powerful your force potential?

i mean there's plenty of fanon that vader lost a lot of force potential with all his limbs and stuff so yeah the reverse would hold true

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

You don't gain more cells by being fat

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Vader, wheezing, "it's a BREATHING apparatus!"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

but you gain more volume for the midichlorians to swim around in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

remember, the jedi in the prequels are explicitly wrong about the force. so, when they say 'the midichlorians create the force' they've got correlation and causation mixed around. you can measure midichlorians and such, but they're not what creates the force powers.

Star Wars is a post-literate society where almost no one understands the technology they use and all of the actual labor is done by robot slaves, so the jedi's theories on the force are pretty much anti-vaxxer chemtrail flat-earth poo poo