Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I will never not love Cup Noodles insistance to make anime shorts that have nothing to do with their actual brand until the last 3 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sJWa73bpP8

October 24-31

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
ah so it's like a successor to dead end adventure, the second best one piece movie

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i dunno why people are suspecting law gave orochi the info, he left the main group chapters ago and they only just in this chapter learned that hiyori is still alive

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Brother Entropy posted:

i dunno why people are suspecting law gave orochi the info, he left the main group chapters ago and they only just in this chapter learned that hiyori is still alive

He seemed very tense when Hawkins brought up his alliance with the Strawhats, and then after seeing Orochi go "oh hey, look at all this sweet sweet underground info" the literal next panel is Law looking dark and grim. Well, more dark and grim than usual. The cut between those two panels is very likely not an accident, but it could be a red herring.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

He seemed very tense when Hawkins brought up his alliance with the Strawhats, and then after seeing Orochi go "oh hey, look at all this sweet sweet underground info" the literal next panel is Law looking dark and grim. Well, more dark and grim than usual. The cut between those two panels is very likely not an accident, but it could be a red herring.

it's an intentional misdirect so it's doubly shocking when it actually ends up being like, shinobu who leaked the info

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

is there any sort of clairvoyance associated with the orochi myth?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i believe in traguy

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Whoever leaked the raid plans is probably the same person who leaked that Raizo was on Zou, so probably a mink(it's Carrot).

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

RatHat posted:

Whoever leaked the raid plans is probably the same person who leaked that Raizo was on Zou, so probably a mink(it's Carrot).

What's Carrot been up to, anyways? I feel like this is the first chapter we've seen her in a while.

I also had totally forgotten that Wanda was on Wano too. When did she arrive?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Wanda's been there with the other minks the whole time, she appeared in a panel a number of chapters back.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

CodfishCartographer posted:

What's Carrot been up to, anyways? I feel like this is the first chapter we've seen her in a while.

I also had totally forgotten that Wanda was on Wano too. When did she arrive?

Carrot not crying over Pedro’s grave is my evidence for her being the traitor

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

drjuggalo posted:

Carrot not crying over Pedro’s grave is my evidence for her being the traitor

She cried at the end of Whole Cake Island.

Also it's pretty obvious that Trafalgar being the traitor is a misdirection on Oda's part- Law had been captured and separated from the group since Yasue's death-row shouldn't know about the meaning of the updated card or about Hiyori's whereabouts. It's much more likely that X Drake helped Law escape on the condition that Kaw helps him with whatever plan he has, which might have involved Law keeping himself separated from/not telling the alliance what's going on.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I still keep thinking back to the Blackbeard post-time skip reveal. Man, it'll be so awesome to see him in action after two years of him getting used to his earthquake powers. :allears:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I can’t wait for him to be an Emperor and still take hits like a weenie but then probably do some Blackbeard-rear end poo poo while writhing in pain and just punch someone with an earthquake.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Brother Entropy posted:

If there's an actual traitor, I'm going with it being one of the red scabbards. Given who we know of the Red Scabbards Raizo, Inarashi, and Nekomamushi are 1000% above reproach and I will loving fight anyone who says otherwise.

Kawamatsu has been vetted by the best goddamn fox in One Piece.

Kin'mon and Kanjuro are also certifiably cool.

Ashura Doji probably isn't a filthy snitch.

Kikunojo is only dirty if Orochi is somehow holding Tama hostage, which is totally understandable and would get Luffy in a real good punching mood anyway. So all is forgiven.

Denjiro would be the most likely culprit, but he hasn't actually shown his face around the alliance so it's questionable how he's getting his hypothetical info.

There's also the possibility that Kin'mon's wife got evil over the last 20 years, but I hope not because that's a pretty sad reunion for the dude.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

kinemon has a trickster fruit and was attached to a dragon when we first met him he can also send messages with his farts

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
That nose is getting bigger by the minute!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Last Celebration posted:

I can’t wait for him to be an Emperor and still take hits like a weenie but then probably do some Blackbeard-rear end poo poo while writhing in pain and just punch someone with an earthquake.

I'm thinking Haki will be the obvious counter and Luffy will do something bad rear end like tank an earthquake punch without Gears or anything, but I wonder if Blackbeard will learn how to absorb Haki or something through his darkness powers?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm thinking Haki will be the obvious counter and Luffy will do something bad rear end like tank an earthquake punch without Gears or anything, but I wonder if Blackbeard will learn how to absorb Haki or something through his darkness powers?

Figuring that luffys new Haki technique would be extra bad for logias. Hit their true body without getting into range of BBs weird gravity or Akainus magma.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Was yasuie and Pedro two of the scabbards or have we no idea who are the last two

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Nekomamushi and the one who hasn't technically been revealed yet, I think?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I still keep thinking back to the Blackbeard post-time skip reveal. Man, it'll be so awesome to see him in action after two years of him getting used to his earthquake powers. :allears:

Luffy and Blackbeard fighting Kaido and Big Mom would be a huge friggin deal

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Was yasuie and Pedro two of the scabbards or have we no idea who are the last two

It's Nekomamushi and Denjiro(who we haven't officially met yet, though some people suspect is kyoshiro)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shinjobi posted:

Luffy and Blackbeard fighting Kaido and Big Mom would be a huge friggin deal

If Blackbeard shows up it'll just turn into Luffy and Blackbeard fighting while Kaido and Big Mom fight everyone else.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If ever there was a time for Shanks to make his appearance, during a clash of emperors would certainly be it.

Although Akainu and Kizaru destroyed an island in their battle, so maybe adding more emperors to the pile isn't the best option. Also I feel like he won't meet Luffy until they're established as equals.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
An interesting thing to note, since it's been several days and act 2 yas come to a close, we might actually just jump back to the Reverie/Marijois/Marco/ other world players before heading into act 3. The next few chapters will be nail biting, that's for sure.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I hope we do jump back for an update. That party was about to start poppin

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

makes me realize that those inbetween arc chapters catching up with world events are now happening in the arc.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

speaking of which are we supposed to recognize what island bege and his family are at?

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

speaking of which are we supposed to recognize what island bege and his family are at?

Dressrosa

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

Isn't it Dressrosa?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Eiba posted:

Isn't it Dressrosa?

figures, my memory of dressrosa has a lot of holes in it and i'm not there on my reread yet

that's the colosseum peaking out over the cliff, then?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The plot hook that has yet to re emerge that I'm waiting for is CP0 and Vegapunk, are they gonna kowtow to Orochi's demands or are they going to decide they've had enough and use the ensuing chaos at Onigashima to cause a little chaos of their own. It's been a long, long time since the marines have been relevant and they're gonna have to transition back into the forefront after Wano.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

The plot hook that has yet to re emerge that I'm waiting for is CP0 and Vegapunk, are they gonna kowtow to Orochi's demands or are they going to decide they've had enough and use the ensuing chaos at Onigashima to cause a little chaos of their own. It's been a long, long time since the marines have been relevant and they're gonna have to transition back into the forefront after Wano.

CP0 could be an necessary ally for Luffy and friends, given all the strong people (including two Emperors) they have to deal with. Maybe not, though.

The PNMS Alliance could, I suppose, do it without CP0's help if Kidd decides to work with them after all and Drake, Kyoshiro, and Hawkins all turn against Kaidou. Even then it would be difficult. Luffy and Law could fight Kaidou while Zoro and Kidd fight Big Mom, Drake and Killer fight King, Sanji fights Queen, Kyoshiro fights Jack, Ashura Doji fights Smoothie, various Scabbards and Nami and Robin fight Orochi's elite samurai and ninja squads, Hawkins fights Apoo, various Minks fight the Headliners and Numbers, and the remaining Straw Hats fight the Flying Six? Still seems like a bit of a stretch; even Zoro and Kidd together don't seem like enough against Big Mom. Then again, we haven't seen either Zoro or Kidd fight at their current power level yet.

The PNMS Alliance is apparently coming up with some sort of plan to avoid fighting everyone at once, but they don't know about Big Mom yet, so their plan is sure to fall apart.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Didn't notice it was Dressrosa. Maybe Bege mentions to Leo or another SH armada member what Luffy's up to. Would love the act3 cover stories showing the SHA gathering for the final fight.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's Dressrosa yeah. Most people aren't there at the moment though. They are all at Levely.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Interesting to basically combine a 'where are they now' cover arc with a 'what are they up to right now' cover arc. Dressrosa was literally in ruins last we saw them and seems resigned to being a lot poorer but also a lot happier than under Doflamingo.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

So I'm thinking how this will go for Kaido, first, is that Luffy's all cocky with his new super-advanced Armament Haki that can blast large holes in things without touching them. He eventually makes it to Kaido, they fight, Luffy's still cocky, but Oda's not done establishing "never underestimate an Emperor." Turns out, Kaido's a master of that type of Haki himself, and just automatically has the invisible armor as a shield. Luffy does some damage this time, but gets defeated again.

Blackbeard's defense was really bad pre-timeskip, so I'm thinking Oda found a way to upgrade it post-timeskip. So either he's going to get a third Devil Fruit due to all the 3 theming with him that heavily increases his defense (the 3 headed flag mostly), or yeah like you said, maybe he's just a lot more proficient with the Darkness power and can use it to block CoA++.

Never got to comment on the chapter by the way, the ending was legendary. The fate of the world will be shaken by this war!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

RatHat posted:

It's definitely Carrot. I've been saying this for months.