Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
which /r/sub is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Ranter posted:

which /r/sub is that?

/r/Landlord

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

cursed: as all hell

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

^^^: ew

ikanreed posted:

Is there some way to be a liberal and a tankie at the same time? We should preserve individual rights by having an army that rolls up and crushes the reactionaries?

dronie

Grand Prize Winner has issued a correction as of 11:12 on Sep 14, 2019

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cup Runneth Over posted:

yeah I read a good post on that recently and how the authoritarianism/libertarianism divide is bullshit

"bootlicking" is probably a better term to use for tankies tbqh

to use your quote against you, if your a member of an oppressed class (read: anyone without generational wealth in america, but especially also not a member of the professional class), being a tankie is the complete opposite of bootlicking. its wanting the complete erasure of the systems that keep you oppressed. idk how in your broken mind that's 'bootlicking'

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Larry Parrish posted:

to use your quote against you, if your a member of an oppressed class (read: anyone without generational wealth in america, but especially also not a member of the professional class), being a tankie is the complete opposite of bootlicking. its wanting the complete erasure of the systems that keep you oppressed. idk how in your broken mind that's 'bootlicking'

idk how in your broken mind that's what a tankie is

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean that definition is about as valid as any other

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

this is the only leftist community I've literally ever seen that had any confusion over what the term meant

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Hmmmm if only we had an example of a previous revolution against the landed bourgeoisie where the proletariat came to power and were immediately betrayed, and their prominent thought leaders murdered to consolidate power under a singular figure who then used the new State to enrich himself at the expense of the people. If only there were a word for the kind of person who lionizes that figure and would do the same to the new left in a modern revolution. If only we could identify them and emphatically turn them away from our circles.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
yeah like I said it’s a meaningless term that allows the user to project whatever they want onto it.

good on you for finding a community that agrees with your projections I guess

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i dunno how you are supposed to deal with that portion of humanity that will always seek to take advantage of the vulnerable for their own profit. any consensus action against them is by definition authoritative so i don't know do you just let them hurt people?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I've never heard a good libsoc argument regarding what to do with the 1/3 of Americans that actively support white supremacy and fascism. Leaving them alone seems to actively be inviting an American pinochet

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dreddout posted:

I've never heard a good libsoc argument regarding what to do with the 1/3 of Americans that actively support white supremacy and fascism. Leaving them alone seems to actively be inviting an American pinochet

Gulags are for reeducation as well as penance.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cup Runneth Over posted:

this is the only leftist community I've literally ever seen that had any confusion over what the term meant

stalin is a natural result of the insane conditions of late tsarist Russia/civil war russia/early Soviet Union imo. therefore it's ok to say that dictatorships are bad but it's worse to not crush the liberals when you have the chance

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Can't non-tankies also want to crush liberals?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Can't non-tankies also want to crush liberals?

not according to tankies

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

not according to tankies

okay no I take it back it's terrible because christs sake this petty poo poo

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
I feel like “tankie” is the “shenanigans” of our time.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

yeah like I said it’s a meaningless term that allows the user to project whatever they want onto it.

good on you for finding a community that agrees with your projections I guess

Tankie = anyone to the left of me that I don't like

Liberal = anyone to the right of me that I don't like

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Gulags are for reeducation as well as penance.

Congrats that makes you a tankie in the eyes of 90% of people who use the term

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

If anyone kramering into this thread is like “what the gently caress is this poo poo” go read the first seven pages they’re pretty good

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

was that before you started being whiny or what

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I'm a tankie doodle dandy, a tankie doodle do or die...

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
It literally is do-or-die time, yes. Write in Sanders, do not let the liberals shake your faith.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dreddout posted:

Liberal = anyone to the right of me that I don't like

The number of actual loving goddamn fascists and literal monarchists I have to deal with though

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
The evidence surrounding climate change suggests it is do or die time. Hopefully the landlords go first.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlestheHammer posted:

Tankie is basically like liberal in CSPAM a kind of vague term that has been made even vaguer until it basically means everyone I don’t personally like

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tankie

there's a pretty good generally accepted definition of the term among the left

And if you want to get more into the nitty gritty.

edit: also lmao at people trying to defend poo poo like gulags/mass executions by claiming "oh well it was the only choice stalin had if he wanted to cleanse the nation of reactionaries"

Kanine has issued a correction as of 00:48 on Sep 15, 2019

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tubgoat posted:

It literally is do-or-die time, yes. Write in Sanders, do not let the liberals shake your faith.

its do or die time folks. hold your nose and vote for the compromise candidate

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
I know things are slow at the moment but I think that's enough for the nth round of the Leftist Infighting Jamboree.

In landlord-related news, check out what the Bernman dropped which is sure to make some of the worst people you know very upset.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/LivvyFanon/status/1172950034276651008?s=19

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

This reads like hysterical lib poo poo lmao

Also well known stalinist state, serbia

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dreddout posted:

This reads like hysterical lib poo poo lmao

Also well known stalinist state, serbia

they literally said "accredited" state. as in how tankies bend over backwards for people like assad

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Kanine posted:

they literally said "accredited" state. as in how tankies bend over backwards for people like assad

this is the same kind of poo poo as "if you oppose the Iraq War you're a Saddam lover"

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

tankies are comrades hth. please do not say tankies are not comrades, comrades can disagree with each other on the little things and still be comrades.

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Kanine posted:

this isn't how you win jake tapper's gently caress a fan contest

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just a reminder that by most conservative estimates (Zemskov, Vorontsov) Stalin's political repressions directly caused ~2.5 million deaths. :)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

thanks for the update tankie

Serf
May 5, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Just a reminder that by most conservative estimates (Zemskov, Vorontsov) Stalin's political repressions directly caused ~2.5 million deaths. :)

cool, how many people has capitalism killed

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

E: ^^^ their's is better

Paladinus posted:

Thanks for the update, I'll keep it in mind next time I call in Stalin to lead my fully automated luxury gay space communist colony.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Serf posted:

Lol.

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Serf posted:

they don’t count because political deaths are by some arbitrary decisions worse.

just like killing foreigners is kind of bad I guess but killing your own people is worse.

a lot of what we are taught is kind of arbitrary really