Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Stairmaster posted:

How will brexit affect the isle of sodor

renamed to isle of sodom, all vile REMAINER HOMOSEXUAL TRAITORS dumped there to die for interfering with Are Brexit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

This is astronomically stupid. There's already several ferry services between NI and Scotland and they're pretty expensive because demand for the service is so low.

One of the proposed starting points for the bridge in NI is Larne, which is already a rundown shithole. It used to be a fairly busy port, but demand for ferry traffic has fallen and Belfast has become the main port. Building a huge Brexit-bridge there would turn it into that town in FFVII that Shinra built the giant gun over.

The shortest route proposal is even stupider.

Meanwhile, the western half of NI has no rail network, terrible public transport, no motorways, and can't even get busy roads upgraded to dual carriageways. Coincidentally, that's also the part of the province that's mostly Catholic non-DUP voters.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Critical support for the NI-Scotland bridge on the grounds that so many hilarious things could go wrong, from Scotland getting independence the week it's completed to that big trench full of bombs off the coast of Scotland detonating and collapsing it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

How will brexit affect the isle of sodor

They're putting the trains to sleep.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

big trench full of bombs off the coast of Scotland for tory leader

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

BMX Ninja posted:

This is astronomically stupid. There's already several ferry services between NI and Scotland and they're pretty expensive because demand for the service is so low.

My dad was roped by my uncle into a historical trip to Scotland for some odd reason, because he didn't know any better. And only after the trip discovered that flying and renting a car was faaaar cheaper than driving to the north, being spat at from the border to Larne to Stranraer. "Ferry is cheaper!". gently caress NI, I'd only wish it as a curse upon on the Republic's politicians. If [unification] happened, you'd have the guts of a million voters asking, "Why has my insurance tripled? Why do I have to pay for a GP visit? Why did the rent go up?".

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:newlol:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

found some footage of bojo’s brexit negotiations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLuZGlwStBM

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

BMX Ninja posted:

One of the proposed starting points for the bridge in NI is Larne, which is already a rundown shithole. It used to be a fairly busy port, but demand for ferry traffic has fallen and Belfast has become the main port. Building a huge Brexit-bridge there would turn it into that town in FFVII that Shinra built the giant gun over.

The shortest route proposal is even stupider.

Meanwhile, the western half of NI has no rail network, terrible public transport, no motorways, and can't even get busy roads upgraded to dual carriageways. Coincidentally, that's also the part of the province that's mostly Catholic non-DUP voters.

I don't have a link to back it up but I read that that stupid bridge would need supports where the water is over 1300' deep, which is of course more than any tower yet constructed by man

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

School Nickname posted:

My dad was roped by my uncle into a historical trip to Scotland for some odd reason, because he didn't know any better. And only after the trip discovered that flying and renting a car was faaaar cheaper than driving to the north, being spat at from the border to Larne to Stranraer. "Ferry is cheaper!". gently caress NI, I'd only wish it as a curse upon on the Republic's politicians. If [unification] happened, you'd have the guts of a million voters asking, "Why has my insurance tripled? Why do I have to pay for a GP visit? Why did the rent go up?".

this tourist advisory really put me off of visiting Scotland when I had the chance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8wIgQB9GIA

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Filthy Hans posted:

this tourist advisory really put me off of visiting Scotland when I had the chance:

do you also ask people from georgia what new york is like

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

lol is that matt berry from toast of london?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol is that matt berry from toast of london?

yes

if you like Matt Berry you should really try to watch Darkplace, it's only 6 episodes but I don't know where it's streaming

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

yes

if you like Matt Berry you should really try to watch Darkplace, it's only 6 episodes but I don't know where it's streaming

it looks like the full episodes are on youtube

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Spergin Morlock posted:

it looks like the full episodes are on youtube

cool, I give the show my very finest endorsement, the Filthy Palme d'Or

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao

https://twitter.com/SunPolitics/status/1172642731551862787?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/JeremyCliffe/status/1172596340905467907?s=19

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Some combination of :reddit: and :commissar:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
In other news, Dominic Cummings got the Met police investigation into Leave.EU shut down

quote:

Campaign group Leave.EU will face no further criminal investigation over its spending during the Brexit referendum.

It was referred to the Metropolitan Police after being fined £70,000 by the Electoral Commission in May last year for election law breaches.

But the Met said there was "insufficient evidence" to justify any further criminal investigation.

Leave.EU founder Arron Banks called for an inquiry to be launched into the commission's actions.

He said it had "serious questions to answer about political bias and whether it is fit for purpose as a regulator".

Mr Banks added that the probe had taken a "huge personal toll" on Leave.EU chief executive Liz Bilney and her family, and accused "anti-Brexit" MPs of "harassment and lies".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49689681

This is already off the front page of the BBC to make space for a Gompertz piece about some okay art.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

its probably a hardball negotiation tactic with Strictly, as the BBC become more desperate to humanise him like they did anne widdicome

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Absolutely shocked that a state broadcaster might be politically biased in its reporting. Very shameful behaviour of the EU this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jBrereton posted:

In other news, Dominic Cummings got the Met police investigation into Leave.EU shut down

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49689681

This is already off the front page of the BBC to make space for a Gompertz piece about some okay art.

taking back control from the EU by trashing absolutely every institution that governs the UK

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
brexit

https://twitter.com/johnb78/status/1172746906943909888

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Gonna lmao forever if leave/remain becomes the new left/right for britain

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Reality Sinner posted:

Gonna lmao forever if leave/remain becomes the new left/right for britain

Becomes?!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

🄰🄻🄴🅇🄰🄽🄳🄴🅁 🄱🄾🅁🄸🅂 🄳🄴 🄿🄵🄴🄵🄵🄴🄻 🄹🄾🄷🄽🅂🄾🄽

A̵̙̜͉̠̥͂̑͘͘l̸͕̘̭̬̤̠̞̞͚̹͊̐̆̍̒͒̈́̀̈́̕ë̷̩̫̮̝́̔x̷̨̱͙̘͕̞̦̥͚̯̒̎́͒̆͌́ǎ̷̜̜͓̻͔͎̠̝͎͖̀̽̑͝n̴̰͎̪͉̦̭͐͑̋̐̇̆̉̚d̵̘͙͉̘͓̍e̸͔̝̤̓͗̔̈̊͜͠r̷̫̱̗̘̅̿̈́͠ ̶̛͉͍̑̒̅̓B̵̯͓̈́o̴̜̯͗͂̅̐́r̷̲͎̫̰̳̭̰͆̄͆̾̈́̿̒͜i̷͔̱̼̻̮͉̖̟̔̀̇̈́̉͜š̴̳͖̞͈̪̪̽̚͜ ̵͕́̍̽́̐̆͒͝d̶̠̦͖̽e̶̛̼̟̹̳̺͈̠͜ͅ ̶̢̨̡̪͎̦͔̤̄̆̐̍̿̂̄̀̐P̷̧̡̧͇͍͙̱̦̌̽̾̽f̴̛͔͓̬̻̤͗̉͂̃̓̕͝ͅē̵̺̯̃̀͝f̷̜̳̙̿̓̐̔̉́ͅf̵̳̭̟̲͍́̈́̃̈̒̄͠e̸͎͇̳͊̎͗͆͛̔̕l̶̛͖̼̫͒͑̎͗͊ ̷̢̢̘̭͉͚̌̓̅͌̈́̍͛J̶̡̲̬̫͍̺̗͚̙̱̐̋̃̓͋͒o̷̰̐͑͐́́̓̀̅͘ͅh̵̼̲̦̫̔̓̆͋̎̄̕n̶̂̓̍͗̏̏̈́͘͜͝s̷̢̺̝̯͇̖̹̥̾͛ố̴̧̝̠͇̱̟̥̮̋̾͊̎̕n̵̢̝͎͇̺͍̓͆̿̕

🅰🅻🅴🆇🅰🅽🅳🅴🆁 🅱🅾🆁🅸🆂 🅳🅴 🅿🅵🅴🅵🅵🅴🅻 🅹🅾🅷🅽🆂🅾🅽

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

British media is some wild poo poo

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

a brexiteer with a mace standing next to the judges on the bench, and whenever an anti-brexiteer judgement is made he stands up and bangs the mace in the name of Farage, nullifying the judgement

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jel Shaker posted:

a brexiteer with a mace standing next to the judges on the bench, and whenever an anti-brexiteer judgement is made he stands up and bangs the mace in the name of Farage, nullifying the judgement

This but in the face, not name.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
this brexit stuff seems to have messed everything up. have y’all considered not brexiting?

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Drunkboxer posted:

this brexit stuff seems to have messed everything up. have y’all considered not brexiting?

that would be undemocratic

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

BMX Ninja posted:

Not a coincidence.
The unionists intentionally decided to not fund a lot of infrastructure in catholic areas in the early 1900s to the 1980s, maybe even upto today.
One good example is the M1 motorway. Businesses were shouting out for a motorway to connect Belfast to Londonderry/Derry.
They built it connecting the majority unionist towns inbetween. But when they hit the first catholic majority area (Omagh), oh woah cant build it there because some Taigs might get some benefit from it!*
Took until the early 2000s, and EU money, to get the roads slightly upgraded for the high volume of traffic to Omagh.

*Edit: Some of the rumors about it was that they gave catholic farmers woefully low compensation packages compared to the unionist farmers. Just like the Heating Scandal a few years back.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Bore-us Gone-soon????

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Gossip section of The Week, 14 Sep 2019:

quote:

Jacob Rees-Mogg has unusual eating habits. According to former flatmate Simon Hoare, "he has sugar on everything, including Frosties"; he loves cheap chocolate, especially Cadbury Crème Eggs; and eats white bread only. Once he complained that something had "gone wrong" with his loaf. "It was Sunblest. It had gone green. He'd bought it four weeks before and stored it on top of his radiator." But not all Rees-Mogg's fellow Tories find him amusing. "He is an absolute fraud," Nicholas Soames told the Times last week. "He is a living example of what a moderately cut double-breasted suit and decent tie can do, with an ultra-posh voice and a bit of ginger stuck up his arse."

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
you'll eat your words when mogg discovers the next penicillin from a discarded jaffa cake

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Does ginger really help this much?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SelenicMartian posted:

Only way to find out is run a test with a representative sample size of foppish Tory twatwaffles.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SelenicMartian posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gingering

It was used in horse racing/selling.
Putting ginger up their rear end made them more energetic/spritely for a short time.
Giving up false impressions of them normally.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
how are our british c-spammers

you guys doing okay?

do you need anything, snacks, juice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if you have red hair, rees mogg will happily bottom for you :unsmith: