Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Samuringa posted:

Who wants to play some IDLE HUMAN and grow a human body from a single cell?

(not me)

theire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
the real idle game has been inside us all along

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Typo aside, it's also not true.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ghostlight posted:

No, those are all features that haven't been ported to the mobile.
I assume golden cookies are on mobile so at some point building a frenzy bank is still optimal? But the rest are not on mobile, no.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks! i finally got enough pure fire to do the last upgrades on the mixer.

Not sure i would have figured this one out on my own.

The solution was to leave Phoenix Growth, Leaf Trimmer and Plucker on, as well as Fire Soil Enrichment, then occasionally unpause A Way to bump up the seeds, and rarely unpause Blast Off for more blast catalyst.
In hindsight i should not have upgraded the Mixer as that only accomplished removing its need for alkahest but it still doesn't ever produce anything. I should have done the last upgrade on the basic fire element i guess.
I also upgraded the Mixer before building up a bit more pure fire so now i am waiting for the forever it takes to get 100 Plant Fire again to be able to start the process :doh:

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Evolve Idle:

Is there a point to craftsmen at all? Getting 4 plywood every hour and a half seems really bad.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

you'll need them for valdi

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Aurora posted:

you'll need them for valdi

Alright, whatever that is I'm not there yet. Are they worth it before that?

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 13, 2019

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Manual crafting is better for large quantities now, automated for more efficient use of resources. Handy for later craftables requiring expensive materials.
They get better crafting rates later on, and crafting automatically will cut down on resources being wasted from hitting the cap.

...But to answer your question, early on they're only really useful for overnight crafting. Somewhat worthwhile to have a person or two kept as crafters for each thing, but no more than that.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Falcon2001 posted:

Alright, whatever that is I'm not there yet. Are they worth it before that?

Yes. You need crafted materials to make Cottages and Libraries, the second tier of housing and science, respectively. They'll also produce materials from Steel and Aluminum which you'll need for higher-tier buildings.

Their passive crafting rate is pretty slow but technologies will give them a boost. You can also manually craft the materials yourself.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Arcanuse posted:

Manual crafting is better for large quantities now, automated for more efficient use of resources. Handy for later craftables requiring expensive materials.
They get better crafting rates later on, and crafting automatically will cut down on resources being wasted from hitting the cap.

...But to answer your question, early on they're only really useful for overnight crafting. Somewhat worthwhile to have a person or two kept as crafters for each thing, but no more than that.

Phelddagrif posted:

Yes. You need crafted materials to make Cottages and Libraries, the second tier of housing and science, respectively. They'll also produce materials from Steel and Aluminum which you'll need for higher-tier buildings.

Their passive crafting rate is pretty slow but technologies will give them a boost. You can also manually craft the materials yourself.

Thanks, I probably should have mentioned that I have prestiged once for context, so yeah I've just been periodically hitting A on all the building things from time to time in order to build up a backlog, wasn't sure if there was some translation perk or something esle I was missing.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
After a while no manual crafting is just always run too as it doesn't make the game much harder

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

I left 1 magic in NGU Time Machine overnight.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Just an odd display bug that happens when you have extreeeeemely low progress per tick in the offline simulator, havent gotten around to fixing it.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Evolve idle

Im doing a space run.

Ive got 2 research left, Helium attractor and Elerium reactor.

Both of which im never going to be able to do.

Ive got 325k research, but its going to be a slog to get enough elerium storage.

How close am i to getting phage?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Meskhenet posted:

Evolve idle

Im doing a space run.

Ive got 2 research left, Helium attractor and Elerium reactor.

Both of which im never going to be able to do.

Ive got 325k research, but its going to be a slog to get enough elerium storage.

How close am i to getting phage?

You're about to get to the longest/slowest part of the run. Sorry.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rynoto posted:

You're about to get to the longest/slowest part of the run. Sorry.

It ends when i do all 1859 segments of the world collider?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Meskhenet posted:

It ends when i do all 1859 segments of the world collider?

World Collider isn't required for phage though it is required for invasions. You'll need to build a shipyard and 100 segments of a ship for the space reset.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rynoto posted:

World Collider isn't required for phage though it is required for invasions. You'll need to build a shipyard and 100 segments of a ship for the space reset.

What leads to the shipyard? Only helium attractor isnt research atm. im on 355k max knowledge

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Use arpa projects to get more research cap, you will likely need all 3 at level 10+ for your first space reset.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ouch.

Just did supercollider to 1 and new research opened up ><.

stockmarket is 9. Will i really need monolith to 10 too?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Meskhenet posted:

Ouch.

Just did supercollider to 1 and new research opened up ><.

stockmarket is 9. Will i really need monolith to 10 too?

After ~3 of each there aren't going to be any new technologies though you still want the bonuses from them. Monolith levels help for the happiness cap which in turn increases the multiplier to production.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Feature Request: Once you get Monument to 100 you get to choose the type of material the next one will need. Too many Cement/Steel for my liking!

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Oh, we haven't posted the new stuff coming in for NGU in here, have we?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Good stink lines on the spacesuit

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
In Outer Space, no one can smell your dickcheese

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

NGU: Beat UUG after maxing out the Mega set and ring in one long rebirth; I'm doing some challenges to pick up some of those rewards now. Oh my god the blind challenge is so good, the daycare speed boost will help out tremendously (cooking up sir looty esquire and the red potion takes forever!)

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Well, early game with Evolve's Genetic Disaster and I have over a quarter of my people farming, knowledge gain is incredibly slow and cement plants are just sucking away all my rocks. This bodes well.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I sat for a day looking for the genesis ship. Not noticing the settings cog on the port.

NOW, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu wtb neutronium.

Should i make a probe ship for my first time or no?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Grab a few they each give an additional option for your choice for a bonus to your next run. Its rng so as many as seem affordable but it's also not a massive difference so don't wait on the last probe or two for too long. 3-4 should be affordable while building the ship.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

There's not a great amount of overlap in required materials between Probes and the Bioship. If you're at this point in the game you really don't need to push the Super Collider higher either (unless you're aiming for third ending..but why would you be spending on the Space Dock then?).

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Just finished the 4 star 99 super collider achievement and 4star black hole reset on the same run.

Very painful

Doing the 4stars for each race now. Idk if that's better or worse use of time vs farming phage or the currently useless dark matter

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Pixaal, how many PP per kill are you up to now?

I remember when i had just broken 1 per kill you were at 3,5. I just hit 3,5 so just curious how the numbers scale.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

I remember when i had just broken 1 per kill you were at 3,5. I just hit 3,5 so just curious how the numbers scale.

For someone probably well overdue for sadistic difficulty to be release, they showed a pic getting 14 pp and change per kill.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ineptitude posted:

9.008 which is written a 9 and 8 100th since you are using , for the decimal and I'm using . for it to not be confused with just over 9000

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
Stone Story RPG is a semi-interactive adventure game made entirely with ASCII art. Many challenges require you to intelligently respond to different enemy types by changing equipment or using potions. But if you craft and equip a loadout that can let you survive indefinitely in a level, it becomes an idle game. Then long-term gameplay emerges where you figure out how to farm specific zones overnight for the crafting materials you need to break into other zones.

Later on, you unlock a scripting language to automatically perform the actions that had been manual, and it becomes fully idle-able.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh hey new evolve mechanic

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
NGU

Is my Cube way behind or not?

Cube Level =
P = 12,770,000
T = 14,260,000

My "base" levels are =
P = 110,300,000
T = 119,400,000

with equipment they are +
P = 391,900,000
T = 153,100,000

Should my Cube level be closer to my base level?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

ScottyJSno posted:

NGU

Is my Cube way behind or not?

Cube Level =
P = 12,770,000
T = 14,260,000

My "base" levels are =
P = 110,300,000
T = 119,400,000

with equipment they are +
P = 391,900,000
T = 153,100,000

Should my Cube level be closer to my base level?

Probably yeah. Mine isn't ever gonna catch up but it's usually at least half. After you get iron pill perks though you'll probably never really catch up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

something posted:

For someone probably well overdue for sadistic difficulty to be release, they showed a pic getting 14 pp and change per kill.

:eyepop:

pixaal posted:

9 pp per kill

Its interesting how we are both making roughly 3 times more.
I was expecting it to taper off a bit (though i suppose yours have started doing that, looking at the numbers)