Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

E: Heyyyy, we got the same comfy perches, spinny forager, and boing perch, DrakIris

So we got Peanut a cage. Him and Pinto don't get along great, and we want to give him a space that's more suited to his bird needs. Since he has more than a couple missing toes, balance issues, and messed up ankles to boot, we got him something with horizontal bars all around, and ramps with lots of flat platforms.

We, uh, got him a cage made for ferrets/chinchillas, etc. It's not completely set up in this pic, but.

(Those plants are out of the way and not going into the cage, don't worry).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/4tQyP3g.mp4

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

The ridiculous baby eclectus finally sold :(

But guess who just snuggled his way into the shop?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Suntan Boy posted:

BABY.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Captain Log posted:

Do you have any idea what a rabbit hole it is to start searching for an angry Senegal going, "WHIPWHIPWHIP."

It's a deep one.

:derptiel:

ROFL I am so sorry I have not been able to deliver a video. Charlie is rarely so outraged at me so as to produce it and I couldn't find any other videos posted by anyone either!!!

I removed him from my cabinet today and he did not fuss at all, which gave me the immediate thought "god dammit, now Captain Log will never find peace."

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I;m thinking about thos WHIPs

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
You are a true internet friend for braving a parrot beak for my amusement.

....but I still really need to see that happen...

:derptiel:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Suntan Boy posted:

Oh my goodness :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Suntan Boy posted:

look at those big black baby eyes... omg LOOK AT THEM!!!!

(ponders how to sneak a grey in w/out R noticing....)

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Even as a baby Grey Parrots are plotting :3:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That little potato is just plotting how to get all cosy and tucked in under someone's sweater

(That's what Pookie liked to do when she was a little girl :3: )

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

You cannot trap me I will eat my way out nomnomnom

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Suntan Boy posted:

HELLO BABY

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Cockatiel is delighted with this conundrum.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Captain Log posted:

Cockatiel is delighted with this conundrum.

Look at me am bred :derptiel:

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Compelling arguments. I'm converted.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

potato roll

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Unprofessional pet bird breading is a real concern and not something to make fun of :colbert:.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Unprofessional pet bird breading is a real concern and not something to make fun of :colbert:.

Backyard breading is unethical because they might fly away into a tree.

E: always use a harness when backyard breading your bird

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/Sci_Phile/status/1172619137916362752?s=19

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

birds are so loving stupid I love them so much

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

birds are so loving stupid I love them so much

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Posting this video everywhere

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/d436sm/what_a_smart_bird/

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That's a physics collision error if I ever saw one.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

I'm impressed but someone needs to tell that birb they need to practice responsible gun ownership.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

theHUNGERian posted:

Compelling arguments. I'm converted.

Where do we go for services? I'm ready to be converted!!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
This is brilliant and I can't figure out why I didn't think of it before

https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/d4731q/just_a_birb_taking_a_bath/

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

DarkHorse posted:

This is brilliant and I can't figure out why I didn't think of it before

https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/d4731q/just_a_birb_taking_a_bath/

Bloody genius right there!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

So I found out this morning that they're fumigating the apartments in my building, on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm pretty sure someone has bedbugs and they're trying to stop it from spreading, because they sprayed the laundry room a while back. It is recommended to remove "all pets and fish" for this time and also sensitive individuals should remain out of the apartment for 24 hours following this.

So, basically, there are three days this week that I can't live at home, I have not only myself but two cockatiels and a betta to keep safe, and I am freaking out. This is going to be a huge headache. This is going to be two stressed birds in the old, small cage, in a strange place, for several days. My sister has a spare room she might be willing to offer, but she also has cats. Everyone I know has cats.

It's my birthday and I'm having a small meltdown about this while I'm at work. Yay.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

RoboRodent posted:

So I found out this morning that they're fumigating the apartments in my building, on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm pretty sure someone has bedbugs and they're trying to stop it from spreading, because they sprayed the laundry room a while back. It is recommended to remove "all pets and fish" for this time and also sensitive individuals should remain out of the apartment for 24 hours following this.

So, basically, there are three days this week that I can't live at home, I have not only myself but two cockatiels and a betta to keep safe, and I am freaking out. This is going to be a huge headache. This is going to be two stressed birds in the old, small cage, in a strange place, for several days. My sister has a spare room she might be willing to offer, but she also has cats. Everyone I know has cats.

It's my birthday and I'm having a small meltdown about this while I'm at work. Yay.

Deep breaths, it will be fine.

This is going to just be an annoyance because it takes time out of your day to deal with, but the most the birds will have to deal with is temporary crankiness. They'll be fine. Even with the cats.

Good luck on your fumigation adventures, and feel free to continue venting if it helps!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Pesto update: No more signs of a wound on his head, just a bald spot! He looks like an old man and he's not even a year old.

I let both birds out yesterday for more supervised flying and hangouts. They're so gentle with each other. I stood over them while they were preening one another, to make sure Mayo wouldn't pick at Pesto's head. Instead Mayo was suuuuuper gentle, especially when getting near Pesto's bald spot. I watched him go over it gently. I like to think both Mayo and I took care of Pesto's booboo.

Still going to house them separately but my god they love being together.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

RoboRodent posted:

Think about a hotel. Nobody ever knows if you take some covered bird cages in through their back door. I've done it plenty of times.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/VseKA1T.mp4

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

RoboRodent posted:

I used to live in a house with birds and cats. Although the trick on my end was making sure the cats wanted nothing to do with the birds (Ivan ensured that birds=loud, bitey thing in the cat brains) the most effective thing I found for smaller birds was to simply just keep the door shut. If your sister is letting you borrow a room make sure it can close and that the cats can't open it (or if they can, you can lock it). The birds will be freaked out but fine if you can just keep a good wall or shut door between them for this temporary housing.

Also, Happy belated birthday! It's gonna be alright, and when it's all done I'd air out the apartment for at least a few hours before letting the birds back in, if you can help it.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Thanks guys.

I'm going to be staying at my sister's, with all the usual bedbug precautions even though I don't think I have any. Between school and work and this I'm feeling very overwhelmed. I got home late and started to have the cry I've wanted to have all day, but got interrupted by worried bird voices calling to me.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

I actually tried something similar to this, but mine wanted to splash. They missed the bowl too much. So, we compromised by putting the sink on trickle into the bathing bowl in the deep sink, and they can splash around all they want.

Wish they wouldn't choose to try to do it while I am trying to wash the dishes tho :(

I'm considering having Santa bring a cat water fountain in for them to bathe in.... not sure if they would use it tho. I know the cats won't drink out of them from prior experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I'm probably the last person on the planet to see this but I just did so I HAVE TO SHARE IT HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmb1rhYvjFo