Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
Fleet Armaments Restructuring To Assure Superiority of the Seas
Seconded

Though it may be wise to split the ammunition loadout and the ship refit into seperate acts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

vyelkin posted:

Amendment to the Battleships, Battleships, Battleships Act:

The two remaining battleships of the Imperator Garpun class shall be laid down with slight modifications to give the main guns increased elevation and to upgrade the tertiary battery to our new +1 quality 3-inch guns.

(As far as I can tell there were no other major breakthroughs this year. This change should allow them to count as only a 10% difference from the original design, which means a very cheap 1-month design study and then they can be built as normal)

Seconded.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
The Air Power Parity Act

In order to prevent our enemies from controlling the skies in our home waters, we will construct two new airbases, one on the Baltic coast and one in the Far East, exact locations to be decided by the Admiralty based on what would be most strategically advantageous. They are to be equipped with full complements of aircraft.

In addition, any airbases currently below maximum possible size are to be expanded and their aircraft complements expanded to match.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The BuORD Armament Act

To keep up with changing developments in the field of warfare, It is proposed that BuORD is given exclusive power to set and modify ammunition and related doctrines

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Mister Bates posted:

The Air Power Parity Act

In order to prevent our enemies from controlling the skies in our home waters, we will construct two new airbases, one on the Baltic coast and one in the Far East, exact locations to be decided by the Admiralty based on what would be most strategically advantageous. They are to be equipped with full complements of aircraft.

In addition, any airbases currently below maximum possible size are to be expanded and their aircraft complements expanded to match.
Seconded

Veloxyll posted:

The BuORD Armament Act

To keep up with changing developments in the field of warfare, It is proposed that BuORD is given exclusive power to set and modify ammunition and related doctrines

Seconded

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
air power does seem like a relatively cheap method to punch above our weight class

we need to focus our diplomatic efforts on pushing to bully powers we can deal with, so austria and japan.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Infidelicious posted:

Back to the Future Act

Partial Repeal of the BattleshipsX3 Act; One Additional Garpun will be laid down; and the third Garpun will be cancelled in favor of a new procurement once the second ship is launched.

This means we spend about what we would have on the 3 less expensive Battleships which is about 320m; and instead of building a 3 year old design that will be 7 years old when it leaves the slip, we get the option to build a newer, more capable ship incorporating the latest technological advances.

As to why cancel the 3rd:

We're only going to save ~250 per month scrapping the B's since they're in Mothballs; the AV is ~2K a month and we have a surplus of 1500...

__250
_1500
+2000

=3750

which is almost identical to the 3767 per month that an additional Garpun costs.

We can only build 2 Garpun at a time without going negative only if the B's are gone, and the AV is completed.

Having a ship sit on hold construction isn't actually free, it still costs money; just less money... laying down a ship we KNOW we can't pay for is absurd, and spending 150m to make the most out of 8m spent on design process makes no sense.

Seconded.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I didn't get around to a BuOrd post tonight but I'd like to remind everyone that our glourious nation is currently protected by exactly six dirigibles, an insanely low number that frankly beggars belief.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
I am proposing the Let Slip the Blimps of War act after consulting with the bureau and their fascinating advances in thumbscrew technology.

This act requires the military to build at least three blimp bases in strategically significant positions, as determined by the Admiral of the Fleets. It also requires these bases, and any other Blimp bases that already exist, be stocked with War Zepplins to ensure that we are never again so humiliated by the enemy as we have been with our foolish emphasis on planes.

The enemy will tremble with fear at the inexorable advance of our zepplin fortresses. These will surely provide the edge we need to defeat the french and americans should they ever again try to challenge our power.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Pickled Tink posted:

I am proposing the Let Slip the Blimps of War act after consulting with the bureau and their fascinating advances in thumbscrew technology.

This act requires the military to build at least three blimp bases in strategically significant positions, as determined by the Admiral of the Fleets. It also requires these bases, and any other Blimp bases that already exist, be stocked with War Zepplins to ensure that we are never again so humiliated by the enemy as we have been with our foolish emphasis on planes.

The enemy will tremble with fear at the inexorable advance of our zepplin fortresses. These will surely provide the edge we need to defeat the french and americans should they ever again try to challenge our power.

Seconded

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
At some point we did pass an act requiring a fully-upgraded and equipped airbase in the Baltic region, though I don't think anything has come of it yet because we only have fighters and flying boats to put on it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is what we've currently got for airbases and dirigible bases:

"Air capacity" shows our two extant airbases and "dirigibles" shows our one dirigible base. Notably, we have no air coverage beyond the baltic, and only a minimal amount there.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

The BuORD Armament Act

There uh, isn't really any more changing developments... unless you want our ammunition doctrine to be changed on a whim every 6 months along with our research priorities.

See below.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 13, 2019

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

***PRIORITETY ISSLEDOVANIYE 01 JAN 1920 ST PETERSBURG***
YEGO IMPYERATORSKOGO VYELICHYESTVA (NIKOLAYA II [VTOROGO])
pre:
Research Area				Last research		Priority	Levels
Machinery development			Superheater		Low		10
Armour development			Imp homogenous armour	LOW		9
Hull construction			Imp longitudinal frame	LOW		10
Fire control				Ladder shooting		Low		13
Subdivision and damage control		Diesel generators	LOW		6
Turrets and gun mountings		Increased elevation	Low		9
Ship design				Secondary turrets on BB	Low		11
AP Projectiles				Improved ballistc cap	LOW		5
Light forces and torpedo warfare	Superimposed guns on DD	LOW		9
Torpedo technology			Wet heater engine	Low		9
Submarines				Imp compress air supply	Low		11
ASW technology				Depth charges		Low		6
Explosive shells			Enh high explosive fill	LOW		9
Fleet tactics				Effective sigint	Low		7
Naval aviation, lighter than air	Airship bomb armament	High		3
Naval Aviation, heavier than air	Early air launch torps	High		3
Shipboard aircraft operation		Imp. seaplane carrier	High		2
Amphibious operations			Elpidifor boats		Low		2
Naval guns				16 inch guns		LOW
TSAR DECLARES FAILURE TO DEFEAT FRENCH AND AMERICANS SOUNDLY CONSTITUTES HUMLIATING DEFEAT FOR GLORIOUS RUSSIA STOP
RUSSIA MUST EQUIP ITSELF WITH 'BATTLESHIPS OF THE AIR' TO REPLACE SUNKEN BATTLESHIPS OF THE SEA STOP
SEVERAL HIGH RANKING OFFICERS HAVE BEEN RESTATIONED TO ARCTIC CIRCLE OUTPOSTS PERMANENTLY STOP
BUORD REGRETS TO INFORM NAVY TSAR HAS CANCELED ALL VACATION TIME AND RESTRICTED TOBACCO SUPPLIES FOR REMAINING SENIOR OFFICERS STOP
TSAR RECALLS ORDERING A NEW BOMBER LAST YEAR AND WONDERS WHERE IT IS STOP
RESEARCH PRIORITIES REFOCUSED TO AERIAL TECHNOLOGIES UNTIL HE GETS HIS DIRIGIBLE YACHT END

ATTN: BY ORDER YEGO IMPYERATORSKOGO VYELICHYESTVA (NIKOLAYA II [VTOROGO]), IMPERIAL RUSSIA REQUESTS PROPOSALS FROM ALL DOMESTIC MANUFACTURERS OF QUALITY AND PATRIOTIC LOYALTY TO THE CROWN AND COUNTRY!
In order to scout and discover the forces of any enemy of our people, Russia requires the design and manufacture of a new fixed-wing aeroplane model. The Tsar demands an improved flying boat! Present your design proposals to the Chief of the Navy for consideration immediately!

Role: Flying Boat

Prioritization of qualities:
1. Range
2. Reliability

AEROPLANE NAMING
By order of the Tsar, the following in-service and proposed aircraft names must be applied:
NEW FLYING BOAT THIS YEAR: Zamechaya Belukhu or "Noticing Beluga Whale" (look, it works better in Russian ok)
Antonov An-9 floatplane scout renamed Podlaya Utka "Sneaky Duck"
Yakovlev Yak-13 Torpedo Bomber: Torpednyy Luch or "Torpedo Ray"
BOMBER ORDERED LAST YEAR: Pukayushchiy Al'batros or "Farting Albatross"

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Totally Not Blackmail Act

Unless Ship Design, Turrets and Gun Mountings, Subdivision and Damage Control, and Fire Control are on Medium or High the research budget is reduced to the lowest percentage possible.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Infidelicious posted:

Unless Ship Design, Turrets and Gun Mountings, Subdivision and Damage Control, and Fire Control are on Medium or High the research budget is reduced to the lowest percentage possible.

Seconded

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Infidelicious posted:

e. heh like I care what the size of the budget is, lol

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

e. heh like I care what the size of the budget is, lol

Well, at least we'll have more money for anything but planes and zeppelins once we aren't wasting it on researching nothing but planes and zeppelins.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, first, "low" isn't "off", everything gets researched all the time no matter what I do; all I really can do is shift priorities around; second, how dare you imply that such research is "wasted!" Don't you know the Tsar's spies are everywhere? You're going to find yourself mining coal in kamchatka if you're not careful!

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
Can Samuri Spirit's Fly act

Build an airbase on the pacific.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

Well, first, "low" isn't "off", everything gets researched all the time no matter what I do; all I really can do is shift priorities around; second, how dare you imply that such research is "wasted!" Don't you know the Tsar's spies are everywhere? You're going to find yourself mining coal in kamchatka if you're not careful!

At least I'll get to Kamchatka by boat, as God intended.

I don't mind indulging the Tsar's interest in aviation; and these flying toys may one day pan out but they certainly haven't yet.

Pinning the hopes of our Navy and diverting the majority of the R&D budget into the pursuit of any and every type of flying machine while neglecting every else is a betrayal of this institution, and can only be explained through corruption, incompetence or malice.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 13, 2019

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

terrenblade posted:

Seconded.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Infidelicious posted:

There uh, isn't really any more changing developments... unless you want our ammunition doctrine to be changed on a whim every 6 months along with our research priorities.

See below.

Not seeing a problem here, champ :)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

vyelkin posted:

vyelkin posted:

Amendment to the Battleships, Battleships, Battleships Act:

The two remaining battleships of the Imperator Garpun class shall be laid down with slight modifications to give the main guns increased elevation and to upgrade the tertiary battery to our new +1 quality 3-inch guns.

(As far as I can tell there were no other major breakthroughs this year. This change should allow them to count as only a 10% difference from the original design, which means a very cheap 1-month design study and then they can be built as normal)

T

Veloxyll posted:

The BuORD Armament Act

he

Mister Bates posted:

The Air Power Parity Act

Eno

Infidelicious posted:

Fleet Armaments Restructuring To Assure Superiority of the Seas

1.) Fleet Ammunition layout and Doctrine shall be the following:

With the our advances in shell and gun technology we shall begin favoring Armor Piercing against Battleships, and SAP against cruisers instead of continuing with our outdated predread doctrine of starting fires.

2.) All B's shall be scrapped or turned into Museum ships, immediately.

3.) Refit our BB with Increased Elevation Immediately; Refit other vessels prioritized by tonnage stopping at DD's and KE's.

FARTASS fixes our ammunition doctrine, Frees us from the shackles of obsolete ships, and sets guidelines for the future refit of our fleet with Increased Elevation.

Back to the Future Act

Partial Repeal of the BattleshipsX3 Act; One Additional Garpun will be laid down; and the third Garpun will be cancelled in favor of a new procurement once the second ship is launched.

This means we spend about what we would have on the 3 less expensive Battleships which is about 320m; and instead of building a 3 year old design that will be 7 years old when it leaves the slip, we get the option to build a newer, more capable ship incorporating the latest technological advances.

As to why cancel the 3rd:

We're only going to save ~250 per month scrapping the B's since they're in Mothballs; the AV is ~2K a month and we have a surplus of 1500...

__250
_1500
+2000

=3750

which is almost identical to the 3767 per month that an additional Garpun costs.

We can only build 2 Garpun at a time without going negative only if the B's are gone, and the AV is completed.

Having a ship sit on hold construction isn't actually free, it still costs money; just less money... laying down a ship we KNOW we can't pay for is absurd, and spending 150m to make the most out of 8m spent on design process makes no sense.

ugh is Enough (for now) Act:

Once the cu

Pickled Tink posted:

rren

Infidelicious posted:

t

terrenblade posted:

round of dock expansion finishes, stop expanding our shipyard size. This Act therefore serves to cancel the long-standing BYOB Act, which has served its purpose in dramatically increasing our shipbuilding capacity.

VOTE MY PRETTIES
Erm, normals,
okay, uglies.....

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Amendment to BBB: Aye - I proposed it and it's good

BuOrd Armament Act: Nay - I'd rather just set it and forget it

Air Power Parity Act: Aye - a few more planes would be good

FARTASS: Aye - I like these changes

Back to the Future: Nay - conflicts with my amendment to BBB, I think a third Garpun will be better than another procurement in four years, and with our research budget at zero we should be able to get a good start on a new Garpun anyway

Enough is Enough: Aye - I proposed it and it's good

Let Slip the Blimps of War: Nay - I'd rather we spend money on the planes from the Air Power Parity Act than blimps

Totally Not Blackmail: Aye - if BuOrd won't let us develop better ships, we might as well use that money to build the ships we've got and lay down a third Garpun ASAP (although personally I think it would be more appropriate to drop funding to like 8% instead of 12, not all the way to 0)

Can Samurai Spirits Fly: Nay - already covered by the Air Power Parity Act

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 14, 2019

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Battleships, Battleships, Battleships Amendment : Aye

The BuORD Armament Act: Aye

The Air Power Parity Act: Aye

FARTASS: Nay

Back to the Future Act: Nay

Let Slip the Blimps of War: Nay

Totally Not Blackmail Act: Nay (also really dude come on)

Can Samuri Spirit's Fly: Aye

sloshmonger
Mar 21, 2013
Battleships, Battleships, Battleships Amendment : Nope
The BuORD Armament Act: Yep
The Air Power Parity Act: Yep
FARTASS: Nope, but excellent naming
Back to the Future Act: Nope
Let Slip the Blimps of War: Nope
Totally Not Blackmail Act: Yep
Can Samuri Spirit's Fly: Nope

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Amendment to BBB: Aye

BuOrd Armament Act: Nay

Air Power Parity Act: Aye

FARTASS: Aye

Back to the Future: Nay

Enough is Enough
: Aye

Let Slip the Blimps of War: Aye

Totally Not Blackmail: Nay

Can Samurai Spirits Fly: Nay

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Amendment to BBB: Yea

BuOrd Armament Act: Yea

Air Power Parity Act: Yea

FARTASS: nah

Back to the Future: nah

Enough is Enough
: always bigger, nah

Totally Not Blackmail: nah eat poo poo

Can Samurai Spirits Fly: yea

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Battleships, Battleships, Battleships Amendment: Aye
Back to the Future Act: Aye
Totally Not Blackmail Act: Nay

This isn’t exactly coherent but our strategy isn’t coherent either.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Battleships, Battleships, Battleships Amendment: Nay
The BuORD Armament Act: Nay
Back to the Future Act: Aye
Totally Not Blackmail Act: Aye

Sorry for preferring Organic, Locally sourced hilarious failures and emergent shenanigans, rather than those caused by a single individual.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 14, 2019

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Amendment to the Battleships, Battleships, Battleships Act: Aye
Fleet Armaments Restructuring To Assure Superiority of the Seas: Aye
Let Slip the Blimps of War: Nay
Totally Not Blackmail Act: Aye
The Enough is Enough (for now) Act: Aye

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Battleships Battleships Bttleships: Nay
BuORD: AYE
Air superiority: Nay
BTF: Nay
Let Slip the Blimps: AYE
TNB: Nay
CSF: AYE
Enough: AYE

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

if anyone votes yes on re:blackmail they get shot

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Battleships Battleships Bttleships: Nay
BuORD: Nay
Air superiority: Nay
BTF: Nay
Let Slip the Blimps: Nay
TNB: Turbo NAY
CSF: Nay
Enough: Nay

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Battleships, Battleships, Battleships Amendment: Nay
The BuORD Armament Act: Aye, why not? The more power to BuOrd the better in my opinion.
The Air Power Parity Act: Nay. We need more blimps!
Back to the Future Act: Nay
Totally Not Blackmail Act: Abstain (I do not wish to go to Siberia. Though if it passes, I imagine it would be funny)
Can Samuri Spirit's Fly: Nay (Death to the dead end technology of fixed wing aircraft)
The Enough is Enough act: Nay.

e: I feel the need to explain my Blimp fanatacism. Blimps are interesting and would be fun to see used. Planes are basically what history used and so are more or less a known and thus less interesting path to take in the LP. This isn't about winning. It is about watching the most interesting story unfold, and that involves blimps. For now.

Pickled Tink fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 14, 2019

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

I unlocked airships for recon in my game and goddamn, they are game-changers in terms of finding the enemy ships rather than sailing around aimlessly. It's especially useful if you spend a lot of time chasing commerce raiders since all you need to find is one boat. I'm working in hunter-killer groups where the airships find them, then I dispatch fast-moving DDs and CLs to swarm them.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

I unlocked airships for recon in my game and goddamn, they are game-changers in terms of finding the enemy ships rather than sailing around aimlessly. It's especially useful if you spend a lot of time chasing commerce raiders since all you need to find is one boat. I'm working in hunter-killer groups where the airships find them, then I dispatch fast-moving DDs and CLs to swarm them.

You can just autoresolve Commerce Raider Battles, and even if you manual them it forces you into contact, though?

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Breaking my ancient custom of never voting on anything to give a hard Nyet to Totally Not Blackmail because it's petty bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

Breaking my ancient custom of never voting on anything to give a hard Nyet to Totally Not Blackmail because it's petty bullshit.

Same here. Totally Not Blackmail: No.

C'mon, guys, play nice. We're not the IJA and IJN.