Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Should I take Leonie through the Archer or Cav path tree. The -10 speed penalty sucks, but she has a 60% growth naturally, so the penalty shouldn't be to bad. The Cav path gives extra Str/Def, which seems more useful. I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Should I take Leonie through the Archer or Cav path tree. The -10 speed penalty sucks, but she has a 60% growth naturally, so the penalty shouldn't be to bad. The Cav path gives extra Str/Def, which seems more useful. I dunno

Personally cav to bow knight made her a monster

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i'd personally favor archer>sniper>bow knight

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I just made Leonie a peg knight and still let her use bows.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Close-Range Counter from the archer class is a key component of making a bow knight who can also face-tank enemies. If anything, I'd send her down Brigand over Cavalier

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Close-Range Counter from the archer class is a key component of making a bow knight who can also face-tank enemies. If anything, I'd send her down Brigand over Cavalier

Close counter comes from C bows, not the archer class

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Andrast posted:

Close counter comes from C bows, not the archer class

Oh, right. Archer mastery is hit+20, so yeah just go Brigand.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

4 chapters and a paralogue left, god drat

I'm going to finish with 90 hours in a single run

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
Peg Knight Leonie is pretty drat good, so Peg Knight => Sniper => Falcon Knight works well. You can grab the +20 hit from archer if needed.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The old adage "you either get a monster Ferdie or a worthless Ferdie" holds true, after having him as a powerhouse my first game this time he is extremely lacklustre at chapter 10. Shape the gently caress up dude

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Also excuse the terrible photo but I had a great showing for the White Heron Cup this year

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Mokinokaro posted:

You can get Hilda if you A rank them before the last month pre timeskip. However as you can't give them gifts or even ask the recruit question it's half luck if they join you.

I’m literally on that month having got hilda to A on edelguard! I can’t get the A support with her because it says it will take awhile to deepen the bond. Think I’ve had her at A at least for a month or so. I’m on the first weekend explore. Can I still recruit her? (via her asking to join during the week?). I know I need to spend the first weekend traveling with Edel.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Truecon420 posted:

I’m literally on that month having got hilda to A on edelguard! I can’t get the A support with her because it says it will take awhile to deepen the bond. Think I’ve had her at A at least for a month or so. I’m on the first weekend explore. Can I still recruit her? (via her asking to join during the week?). I know I need to spend the first weekend traveling with Edel.

Her A is post timeskip.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm fairly certain the recruit option doesn't even show up for Hilda in Black Eagles before you confirm the church route.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

you can't get any A ranks before the timeskip unless you buy the rank with NG+ renown

and even then a lot of A ranks are gated until certain points in the plot on various routes

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

you can't get any A ranks before the timeskip unless you buy the rank with NG+ renown
I wonder if you can recruit her on the Eaglegard route if you buy her A-rank? I'm gonna assume no, but if you could, that would mean I could get ALL of my faves on the same playthrough

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

I wonder if you can recruit her on the Eaglegard route if you buy her A-rank? I'm gonna assume no, but if you could, that would mean I could get ALL of my faves on the same playthrough

Nope

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Her A is post timeskip.

That’s what I thought, then how is it possible to recruit her pre-timeskip on edelguard? I know you can recruit by the student asking during the work week to join you randomly. But if you can’t even get to A rank is what Mikono (the person I responded to) said possible?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You literally can't recruit Hilda on the Edel route.

There's two routes by choosing the black eagles. You can get Hilda on the other choice in the black eagles route.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm digging the Church route a lot so far, but if I have one complaint its that whenever you're given a dialogue choice to talk about Edelgard, all the responses seem to position you as somewhat reluctant to fight her. She's the worst and I want the game to acknowledge my righteous indignation with her!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

fadam posted:

I'm digging the Church route a lot so far, but if I have one complaint its that whenever you're given a dialogue choice to talk about Edelgard, all the responses seem to position you as somewhat reluctant to fight her. She's the worst and I want the game to acknowledge my righteous indignation with her!!

It's a recurring thing in all routes that the game assumes you built a strong bond with everybody during part 1 regardless of how you actually feel towards them

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

fadam posted:

Edelgarde rules and you’re a traitor and a jerk

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Truecon420 posted:

That’s what I thought, then how is it possible to recruit her pre-timeskip on edelguard? I know you can recruit by the student asking during the work week to join you randomly. But if you can’t even get to A rank is what Mikono (the person I responded to) said possible?

You can't ask her to join you but if you have B support or better she can randomly decide to ask you if she can join in the brief time window between the BE-C and BE-E routes and the timeskip. Or at least that's how I read it - it sounds mechanically plausible but I haven't tried it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Augus posted:

Edelgarde rules

Not for long

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

It's a recurring thing in all routes that the game assumes you built a strong bond with everybody during part 1 regardless of how you actually feel towards them

The funniest and most prominent example is how Dorothea is always like "noooo I can't believe we killed Ferdie :(" when I've never spoken to him ever and Dorothea still ostensibly hates him for being bougie as hell.

Thinking about this though, so much of the bonding between classmates happens during all the celebration scenes when you complete a mission, I wonder how the students react toward Hanneman/Manuella when they all keep getting screwed on missions. Like Edelgard being "hey listen I know I'm supposed to be the head of this house but we just got beaten by this professor no one has ever seen before and has no emotions, can I switch over to his house? I've got some big wild poo poo in the works and if we're already losing these practice fights I'm gonna run into some issues"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Augus posted:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I know aux missions give like almost 0 exp, but do the red battles give "normal" (or what is normal for maddening) exp?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Augus posted:

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Augus posted:

Edelgarde is a traitor and a jerk

:D

fadam posted:

Yeah this.

I had a similar time going through the Church route. I didn't care to rescue Rhea, all I cared about is putting Edelgard in a shallow grave for starting a pan-continent war and the large number of times she's put the Black Eagle House in danger.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Edelgard is cool af tbh

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Junpei Hyde posted:

Edelgard is cool af tbh

It's this

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

this but unironically

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Junpei Hyde posted:

Edelgard is cool af tbh

It's almost like she's the only person actually trying to fix the problems in Fodlan's society while everyone else farts around.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Let's ignore the part where Dimitri commits war crimes and only doesn't when Byleth chooses the correct path

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

Let's ignore the part where Dimitri commits war crimes and only doesn't when Byleth chooses the correct path

yeah war is bad i agree

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I'm starting the Golden deer house today and this will be my last campaign until DLC one. Plenty of game for my buck I'm going to total over 300 hours by the time I'm finished.

This was my first fire emblem game. I'm highly tempted to check out Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn next. How do they compare to Three Houses? Just as good and similar?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

DropsySufferer posted:

I'm starting the Golden deer house today and this will be my last campaign until DLC one. Plenty of game for my buck I'm going to total over 300 hours by the time I'm finished.

This was my first fire emblem game. I'm highly tempted to check out Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn next. How do they compare to Three Houses? Just as good and similar?

they're good but uh, i wouldn't say they're similar

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tae posted:

The war crimes in the war Edelgard started? Also which would these war crimes be?

The one where he's presumed dead for 5 years, shows up and gets murdered in a battle (Golden Deer/Church) Or the War Crimes where he defended his sovereign land from an invading force (Edelgard route)

Or do you mean The crest stones. Something he was both not involved in and directly opposed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Oh, goodie, this is starting again.