Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Someone explain to me why Void armor is the best and everything else sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Looks gooder

Only thing that matters

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
For what it's worth, the devs acknowledge that Radiant Armor is seeing the most use on the higher difficulties and want to bring up the other armors to a similar level of power.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Any tips for the Harrow? Just can't manage to beat this fight, and the boss fights in general are really the weak point of the game so far for me. Maybe my gear isn't upgraded enough, my armor is all at +5 and my guns are at like +8, but I've been trying to save some of my upgrade materials for a new set of armor since I've been using the same set for the 8+ hours I've been playing the game and haven't found anything new yet. Should I re-roll? Try the fight in multiplayer?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Russian Remoulade posted:

For what it's worth, the devs acknowledge that Radiant Armor is seeing the most use on the higher difficulties and want to bring up the other armors to a similar level of power.

I take it at the higher difficulty levels, you're basically playing rocket tag? Or does the extra armor actually make a difference?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I beat the game! Last boss had WoW raid boss mechanics outta nowhere. It wasn't too bad after I got the hang of it. I think Undying King took me the most tries overall but nothing was a total brick wall.

I wanted to use special weapons more. I used the devastator and ruin for part of the game, but mostly stuck with the starter hunting rifle. I needed something I could insert the turret mode into, which was completely essential for my (solo) run. Also the rifle is just all around great and does high damage anyway.

I started NG+ and immediately hit the boss that drops the mod goons were talking about that distracts adds. Rattleweed? That would have been nice to have.

Game is good imo. Adventure mode sounds fun and I will play it more when that drops. They should fully embrace diablo adventure mode and do something like rifts and bounties.

ankle posted:

Any tips for the Harrow? Just can't manage to beat this fight, and the boss fights in general are really the weak point of the game so far for me. Maybe my gear isn't upgraded enough, my armor is all at +5 and my guns are at like +8, but I've been trying to save some of my upgrade materials for a new set of armor since I've been using the same set for the 8+ hours I've been playing the game and haven't found anything new yet. Should I re-roll? Try the fight in multiplayer?

Is this the fucker that runs away? Stay in the middle so he's less likely to surprise you. I did this and dropped turrets. The turrets would start shooting at him when he popped, or otherwise shoot the adds so I could look for him, and that's how I handled it. He goes down quick once you focus him but if he surprises you, he likewise takes you down quick.

Also, I didn't change my armor until the end of swamp world and only changed it a 2nd time right near the end of the game.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ultrachrist posted:

I beat the game! Last boss had WoW raid boss mechanics outta nowhere. It wasn't too bad after I got the hang of it. I think Undying King took me the most tries overall but nothing was a total brick wall.

I wanted to use special weapons more. I used the devastator and ruin for part of the game, but mostly stuck with the starter hunting rifle. I needed something I could insert the turret mode into, which was completely essential for my (solo) run. Also the rifle is just all around great and does high damage anyway.

I started NG+ and immediately hit the boss that drops the mod goons were talking about that distracts adds. Rattleweed? That would have been nice to have.

Game is good imo. Adventure mode sounds fun and I will play it more when that drops. They should fully embrace diablo adventure mode and do something like rifts and bounties.

Is this the fucker that runs away? Stay in the middle so he's less likely to surprise you. I did this and dropped turrets. The turrets would start shooting at him when he popped, or otherwise shoot the adds so I could look for him, and that's how I handled it. He goes down quick once you focus him but if he surprises you, he likewise takes you down quick.

Also, I didn't change my armor until the end of swamp world and only changed it a 2nd time right near the end of the game.

I used the Hunter armor for the entirety of the game, and it's still my "serious business" armor.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

ultrachrist posted:

Yeah that's the guy, that's the tactic that I've tried but I just get overwhelmed, there's sooo many adds. I don't have any turrets but I have some mods to spawn minions and that's kind of useful but still not amazing.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure weight makes stamina go down much faster. There's no fat roll that I've seen. So I see no negative side of a high weight armor build.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'm sure weight makes stamina go down much faster. There's no fat roll that I've seen. So I see no negative side of a high weight armor build.

If you can't tell the difference between the heavy weight roll, and the light weight roll, I don't know what to tell you.

The heavy roll is loving miserable.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I personally cannot wait until the belly-flop armor.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Beat the game, upgraded armors and weapons I liked to 20.

Time to farm some traits with bandit+devastator :getin:

e: I like the fact that enemies don't have variable armor so high rof weapons aren't made loving obsolete. SMGs are actually viable.

Now if only the game spawned the loving boss I wanted...

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I personally cannot wait until the belly-flop armor.

I know the animation for it is done, but I don't think there's anything heavy enough in the game right now to trigger it right?

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
I know this is dumb but I really appreciate that they made the steam achievements reasonably easy to get with a few play throughs. I got them all last night after realizing I only had one left the first time I checked. I know it doesn't mean anything but I've always thought it was funny when I looked at a game I have like 1000 hours in and only have like 30% of the achievements unlocked.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DatonKallandor posted:

I know the animation for it is done, but I don't think there's anything heavy enough in the game right now to trigger it right?

It's coming in the next update.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Drewjitsu posted:

If you can't tell the difference between the heavy weight roll, and the light weight roll, I don't know what to tell you.

The heavy roll is loving miserable.

Day 1 heavy armor babbbbeeyyyyy.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

ankle posted:

Yeah that's the guy, that's the tactic that I've tried but I just get overwhelmed, there's sooo many adds. I don't have any turrets but I have some mods to spawn minions and that's kind of useful but still not amazing.

If it's any consolation I've found the mechanics in that fight to be really inconsistent. Sometimes he'll just skip the minion phases and sometimes he'll drop down immediately after the minions spawn.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ok, can some one link me a post or some info about scaling in this game. I'm lvl 98 trait rank (or what ever the ranking system is) and I got a couple buddies who just started the game. Blah blah joined their worlds and, well, idk what happens...I mean..I was 1 shotin' the small guys (starter shotgun 315 dmg or something) but the bosses we're just wrecking all of us. Even me in my Void armor or any mix match I had on at the time. It wasn't impossible. We beat plenty of Earth bosses, but my buddy was complain that when he was soloing around he wasn't having this much of a hard time dealing with bosses or the grunts.

I'm guessing it scaled up for me? Or it scaled up because we had a full 3 man group? I'm reading these past post about certain people not being able to beat a boss in a group, but soloing is no prob. I guess kinda like the Monster Hunter way of doing fights is just making the monsters have more health while still outputting the same amount of dmg.

idk i R dum

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Ok, can some one link me a post or some info about scaling in this game. I'm lvl 98 trait rank (or what ever the ranking system is) and I got a couple buddies who just started the game. Blah blah joined their worlds and, well, idk what happens...I mean..I was 1 shotin' the small guys (starter shotgun 315 dmg or something) but the bosses we're just wrecking all of us. Even me in my Void armor or any mix match I had on at the time. It wasn't impossible. We beat plenty of Earth bosses, but my buddy was complain that when he was soloing around he wasn't having this much of a hard time dealing with bosses or the grunts.

I'm guessing it scaled up for me? Or it scaled up because we had a full 3 man group? I'm reading these past post about certain people not being able to beat a boss in a group, but soloing is no prob. I guess kinda like the Monster Hunter way of doing fights is just making the monsters have more health while still outputting the same amount of dmg.

idk i R dum

scaling is capped at +3 (ilvl so your avg gear upgrades) so it was mostly the grouping part that made it harder if your friends were upgrading.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

idk i R dum

Scaling has nothing to do with trait rank. It's based on the average level of all of your gear and currently scales to +3 of the hosts gear level. Before the most recent patch it would scale to +3 of the highest gear level player. It also increases enemy difficulty based on how many players there are.

e: Also, bosses do have a minimum level cap and this game is generally much easier to solo than co-op.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 11, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I see! My gear is all like, +10 or so. But in groups itll cap at +3? I tend to 1 shot alot of things only because of all these dmg mods and crit chance modifiers.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I see! My gear is all like, +10 or so. But in groups itll cap at +3? I tend to 1 shot alot of things only because of all these dmg mods and crit chance modifiers.

It caps at +3 of the host's gear level. So, if the host is +5 it'll cap at +8 aside from some of the bosses.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

The enemies will be scaled to the hosts gear level +3 so if their gun and armor are +5 you'll be facing enemies scaled to +8.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ohhh ok. Got it.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
The patch just dropped. Adventure mode, the armor rework, and a ton of neat poo poo across the board.

quote:

KNOWN ISSUES

If a host has no mic connected and a client tries to speak, the game will crash
That seems bad.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

unreal engine problem apparently

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I've played the entirety of the desert works three times and still cannot get the beam rifle. Help

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Glenn Quebec posted:

I've played the entirety of the desert works three times and still cannot get the beam rifle. Help

https://hzla.github.io/Remnant-World-Analyzer/

keep rerolling until you get "The lost Gantry" which contains the beam rifle.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Seemed like the patch was a general buff. Shame I never got to try the devastator+bandit combo on bosses. Only spawned brabus once and I didn't want to give that jerk my watch.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I just bought this needing something to play, and plan to play it solo. Did I luck out because that patch sounds really good? I’m Meatbishop on Xbox if anyone wants to join me. I play mostly in the AM and PM pacific times. This game’s setting, and weird mashup of dark souls (let me just say that getting good at Sekiro was the highlight of my entire year) and destiny but 3rd person sounds really interesting.

I’m going to start in the morning and I am really hoping it’s fun!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Blind Rasputin posted:

I just bought this needing something to play, and plan to play it solo. Did I luck out because that patch sounds really good? I’m Meatbishop on Xbox if anyone wants to join me. I play mostly in the AM and PM pacific times. This game’s setting, and weird mashup of dark souls (let me just say that getting good at Sekiro was the highlight of my entire year) and destiny but 3rd person sounds really interesting.

I’m going to start in the morning and I am really hoping it’s fun!

None of the classes matter so pick hunter because that's the best gear / perk loadout of the three.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Counterpoint : the cultist gets a sweet hat and fun perk.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Drewjitsu posted:

https://hzla.github.io/Remnant-World-Analyzer/

keep rerolling until you get "The lost Gantry" which contains the beam rifle.

How do I know when I have the level? What's the tell? Just exploring everything again?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Glenn Quebec posted:

How do I know when I have the level? What's the tell? Just exploring everything again?

Click the link you quoted and follow the instructions. Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Osmosisch posted:

Click the link you quoted and follow the instructions. Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Oh, my bad. I didn't click it. I assumed rerolling was the advice in total.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Glenn Quebec posted:

You upload the file to that site and it spits out all the area names, cross check it against a google, I think the wiki has most of the stuff now.

E: Woops reloaded much too late.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Appreciate the help guys! I'm like level 200 from replaying Rhom so many times I just want the laser gun. I got practically everything else there.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:catstare: Where is this lazer gun ? I was yesterday years old when I found out you can shoot the Ents legs off. Opps. I figured the face was a weakspot so I always aimed up...

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Is there a point to having an alt in this game or should I just rock my main with my friend who just started?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Zigmidge posted:

Is there a point to having an alt in this game or should I just rock my main with my friend who just started?

There is not. You can unlock everything in the game with any character and you can just let your friend host if they are worried about the difficulty since it scales to the host now.