Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

this but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

e: oh we're actually using the spoiler thread again

uhhh

how about that sports team

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 15, 2019

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

hopeandjoy posted:

Dimitri/Dedue though

I got Dimitri/Felix and it was good.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah Dimitri and the Lions, while not as amazingly gay as the Eagles are the closeted house who can learn to accept themselves. It's strangely Claude and the Deer who are straight. :v:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm still mad that Marianne/Bernadetta is not an actual support chain that exists. It is the Cordelia/Chrom of this game.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

can someone stop ingrid

i know i reset a couple times so she'd gain 2 strength in her first 8 levels but uh she then proceeded to gain strength every single level afterwards

what have i created

Hellioning posted:

I'm still mad that Marianne/Bernadetta is not an actual support chain that exists. It is the Cordelia/Chrom of this game.

Cordelia/Chrom at least makes sense given Cordelia's personality

they got a support in warriors too(the only real missing support there is robin/lucina which makes since given how their relationship can vary insanely wildly depending on gender/marital status)

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 15, 2019

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

What are support chains or at least conversations that we need to get in a future DLC?

^you’ve created the strongest straight woman in Fodlan this side of Catherine

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

war is bad but is it worse than medieval aristocracy, theocracy, eugenics, and literal ethnic cleansings?

Augus fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 15, 2019

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Carlosologist posted:

What are support chains or at least conversations that we need to get in a future DLC?

I was disappointed there wasn’t a Petra/Felix chain.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Yinlock posted:

can someone stop ingrid

i know i reset a couple times so she'd gain 2 strength in her first 8 levels but uh she then proceeded to gain strength every single level afterwards

what have i created

Cordelia/Chrom at least makes sense given Cordelia's personality

they got a support in warriors too(the only real missing support there is robin/lucina which makes since given how their relationship can vary insanely wildly depending on gender/marital status)

Cordelia/Chrom isn't a support in Warriors, actually
She supports Ryoma, Sakura, Hinoka, Caeda, Lissa, Oboro, & Lucina. But not Chrom

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

rannum posted:

Cordelia/Chrom isn't a support in Warriors, actually
She supports Ryoma, Sakura, Hinoka, Caeda, Lissa, Oboro, & Lucina. But not Chrom

It's gotta be a running joke at this point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm starting to conclude that while Maddening is harder, it's about as close as people want out of a difficulty if you're new game+ the file. The early battalions alone close the gap along the early gold rush and you know to give everyone bows in the first few stages.

This is not including you just straight up giving A/S ranks in weapons, or cheesing the lower exp gain by recruiting units late so they scale even higher than your party members.

I'm gonna try maddening on a fresh file to see how bad it really is.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Eimi posted:

It's gotta be a running joke at this point.

They have a conversation in the DLC you can only get by not having Cordelia be married at the time.

It consists entirely of Cordelia passing out in stress when trying to talk to Chrom.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Carlosologist posted:

*looks at Catherine/Shamir support*

Uh, about that...

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Yinlock posted:

can someone stop ingrid

i know i reset a couple times so she'd gain 2 strength in your first 8 levels but uh she then proceeded to gain strength every single level afterwards

what have i created

In my current Blue Lions run literally no one can stop Ingrid since she had ridiculous def and res.

Well okay bosses can but that's why I have any one of Byleth Dimitri or Sylvain for.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Augus posted:

war is bad but is it worse than medieval aristocracy, theocracy, eugenics, and literal ethnic cleansings?
see the image is trying to say that people who like edelgard are, quote, missing the point, unquote, of the game, which is supposedly that war is bad. that isn't a particularly strong reading of the game, though. like most other militarily themed games, it presents war as meaningful, a rational political instrument, even a noble cause if you will, something that the characters may be reluctant to do but nevertheless necessary. it's something that can be justifiable and have a happy ending. it's absolutely not a condemnation of war; in fact it is rather a lionization of war. most games about war are, of course, or they probably wouldn't be particularly fun to play.

if you want a game that is a condemnation of war, try specops: the line.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 15, 2019

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I'm only halfway through BE-E and there is no way Edelgard and Dorothea can't end up extremely romantic, they are so cute :ohdear:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

eating only apples posted:

I'm only halfway through BE-E and there is no way Edelgard and Dorothea can't end up extremely romantic, they are so cute :ohdear:

It's vague in the ending slide, and nowhere near Dorothea's most openly sapphic ending, but given how they interact, there is no way it ISNT romantic.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
As far as I can tell the decreased xp gain in Maddening doesnt' seem to apply to staves (or at least very minor) so you can spend a ton of time cheesing xp in aux maps by just surrounding one enemy and healing whoever gets hit, and also spending all your warp/rescue/fortify/etc uses every map.

Of course, if you're that far you're past the hardest part anyways I guess :v:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Supremezero posted:

*looks at Catherine/Shamir support*

Uh, about that...

Also catherine is absolutely in love with Rhea

I'm not sure that's even subtext I think it's just actual text

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

rannum posted:

Also catherine is absolutely in love with Rhea

I'm not sure that's even subtext I think it's just actual text

Catherine/Byleth A I think.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Has someone somewhere started posting the various paired ending texts? There are a fair number I'm still interested to see, but I don't think I'm "even more playthroughs after 200+ hours of Fire Emblem" levels of interested.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RoyalScion posted:

Of course, if you're that far you're past the hardest part anyways I guess :v:

Nah, the hardest part is basically any map with reinforcements, because they're now same turn reinforcements.

Also, fog of war maps become 1000x more lovely, because you're dealing with hidden peg knights and assassins with pass that you can't predict.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Goddamn the monastery is a loving chore on any playthrough after the first.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Mordiceius posted:

Goddamn the monastery is a loving chore on any playthrough after the first.

It's fun to see it all again with context after a first run, especially if that first run is GD. I'm making it to 40 hours again pre-timeskip and I don't quite know how that happened, I thought I was blitzing through it.

I don't think I'll feel so fond of it on my BL third run. I will actually blitz through that.

There's a Hilda/Marianne explore conversation that only seems to happen in GD where Hilda tells you that people are saying Marianne is one of the bad guys :( No downside to recruiting her tbh

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 15, 2019

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

There's a Hilda/Marianne explore conversation that only seems to happen in GD where Hilda tells you that people are saying Marianne is one of the bad guys :( No downside to recruiting her tbh

Marianne is easily the worst of the designated healers but even so I’m glad I recruited her each time. (There is no upside to not recruiting her)

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I wish we had more than 5 gardening plots at max professor rank, because I have 50+ seeds I'll never remotely have a chance to plant, and I started running out of veggies/fruits in my quest to force specific paired endings.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Blue Lion is such a bad path to do first because you get zero context for anything in the world so then my next path through the monastery is basically the same with me not learning anything new.

Also - I wish I could just get their dialog from a drop down instead of having to spend a half hour traveling through every space.

Also also - gently caress the "lost items" system.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

xeria posted:

I wish we had more than 5 gardening plots at max professor rank, because I have 50+ seeds I'll never remotely have a chance to plant, and I started running out of veggies/fruits in my quest to force specific paired endings.

wish i could use tea for stuff. Amiibo gives you hella loving tea and tea time is probably the worst use of time especially post time skip
i'm not sure if it even sells for a lot.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

ROFL Octopus posted:

Marianne is easily the worst of the designated healers but even so I’m glad I recruited her each time. (There is no upside to not recruiting her)

I got her just now in chapter 10 BE and she out-Dorothea's when it comes to Heal/Physic easily. One of them will end up a mortal savant and Marianne came with C sword

Mordiceius posted:

Also also - gently caress the "lost items" system.

Am I the only person who loves the lost items. I had a great time working out what was whose the first time and on this second run either I remember or I brute force it. Most of the time it's really obvious. Lost Items are good and when you know they are usually found where the owner was standing last month, really easy

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I wish tea time was unlocked early in NG+.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

violence is sometimes necessary to advance a worthy cause, such as gay rights. edelgard is the only character taking clear action to advance this noble cause.

She takes an active part in gay rights by being extremely gay

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Airspace posted:

I wish tea time was unlocked early in NG+.

I wish everything unlocked early in NG+. Feels like you wait forever just to be able to forge/repair weapons, or replenish the battalions you carried over.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I got her just now in chapter 10 BE and she out-Dorothea's when it comes to Heal/Physic easily. One of them will end up a mortal savant and Marianne came with C sword

Linhardt is the healer of BE and even comes with the almighty Warp. Dorothea is more offensive and can chuck a Physic every now and then so I’m not terribly surprised.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dorathea is a dps first, I dunno why you think she's a healer.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, Dorothea has one of the best offensive magic lists since she gets early Thoron and gets Meteor.

Meanwhile Lindhart has maybe the worst Reason list of any dedicated mage in the game. Its pretty impressive how bad it is overall.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Zore posted:

Meanwhile Lindhart has maybe the worst Reason list of any dedicated mage in the game. Its pretty impressive how bad it is overall.

Not even slightly true. He doesn’t get badass Dark Magic like Lysithea but he gets Wind magic, which is far and away the best black magic in the game, no contest.

e: had to clarify Wind magic is the best black magic

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 15, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yes Edelgard deserves to die and I hope she burns in Ailell!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ROFL Octopus posted:

Not even slightly true. He doesn’t get badass Dark Magic like Lysithea but he gets Wind magic, which is far and away the best magic in the game, no contest.

No 3 range spells, no Dark Magic and no seige-tome spell is real bad when mages are squishy and also stuck at 4 move for most of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lindhart is actually more useful in maddening because his absurdly high resistance comes in handy to tank mages since everyone gets doubled anyway.