Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

How do you get blood shards for a lvl1 character?

With an alt, or by doing the weekly Challenge Rift and claiming the reward with your lvl1 character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

How do you get blood shards for a lvl1 character?

If it's start of season, the Challenge Rift. Otherwise, just earn them on your main.

E: ah, there was a new page, gently caress

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
This week's NA CR is the most egregious one yet. A male wizard. What the gently caress.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

bamhand posted:

This week's NA CR is the most egregious one yet. A male wizard. What the gently caress.
And I thought male barb last week was bad.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Kyrosiris posted:

If it's start of season, the Challenge Rift. Otherwise, just earn them on your main.

E: ah, there was a new page, gently caress

Oh blood shards transfer? Good to know.

Ok so build question. I've got this DH. She does a lot of damage but obviously no where near "end game" numbers, but I may not be optimizing everything properly. I'm using impale with the crit rune for single target damage, and cluster arrow for crowd control (she isn't tuned or anything as I'm constantly running out of hatred, but it's fun). What kind of gear should I look to optimize further? Belt? Quiver? I need to replace my primary weapon but unfortunately ancient hand crossbows seem hard to come by.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/PowerCrazy-1489/hero/113893589

My weapon is an ancient hollowed-set hand-crossbow that I rerolled for a socket, I don't think there is anyway to get the set bonus is there?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Oh blood shards transfer? Good to know.

Everything that isn't physically in your inventory is shared between characters.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Ok so build question. I've got this DH. She does a lot of damage but obviously no where near "end game" numbers, but I may not be optimizing everything properly. I'm using impale with the crit rune for single target damage, and cluster arrow for crowd control (she isn't tuned or anything as I'm constantly running out of hatred, but it's fun). What kind of gear should I look to optimize further? Belt? Quiver? I need to replace my primary weapon but unfortunately ancient hand crossbows seem hard to come by.

My weapon is an ancient hollowed-set hand-crossbow that I rerolled for a socket, I don't think there is anyway to get the set bonus is there?
You're using Impale with no legendary support for it, so your damage is going to be very limited by that. You're closest to a Multishot build (especially if you focused on getting, say, UE helm and gloves), although I think even with your current loadout you'd be able to do more with Multishot than you could with Impale.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
How does a multishot build handle individual strong enemies, like say Ghom or after you kill the minions of an elite or whatever.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

How does a multishot build handle individual strong enemies, like say Ghom or after you kill the minions of an elite or whatever.

that's where it struggles, but it only starts being a problem at the highest torment levels (assuming you have decentish gear). and even then isn't a big deal.

the arsenal rune of multishot, which gives you missiles, helps with larger targets, especially when boosted with the ballistics passive (doubles the power of missiles and gives you more missiles).

e:this is assuming you have the unhallowed essence set. completing it should be your main priority.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 10, 2019

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Opened up 15 more chests. Still no Crimsons. Tried doing it on a different char and even made a barb named Cohen. No dice.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Sure you don't have it already?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bamhand posted:

Opened up 15 more chests. Still no Crimsons. Tried doing it on a different char and even made a barb named Cohen. No dice.

Blizzard wants to gently caress you in particular.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bane of the Stricken exists for just this reason I think.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

bamhand posted:

check your stash or your inventory to see if the recipe has been sitting there all this time

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mustached Demon posted:

Bane of the Stricken exists for just this reason I think.

but that's for waaaay later if at all (i give up before it starts being the better gem)

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Incoherence posted:

You're using Impale with no legendary support for it, so your damage is going to be very limited by that. You're closest to a Multishot build (especially if you focused on getting, say, UE helm and gloves), although I think even with your current loadout you'd be able to do more with Multishot than you could with Impale.
So I tweaked my build after Yang's Recurve dropped and I can now solo T7, and probably T8, but it's time for bed. I do 90% extra damage to elite's which seems to help a lot with taking down Tough Targets.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

bamhand posted:

Disgusting.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

bamhand posted:

Same boat my friend. I've done all 5 Acts at T13 at least 5x (so at least 25 horadric caches) and I've not yet seen Captain Crimson's Trimmings. Stopped getting recipes after like Chest ~10

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Same boat my friend. I've done all 5 Acts at T13 at least 5x (so at least 25 horadric caches) and I've not yet seen Captain Crimson's Trimmings. Stopped getting recipes after like Chest ~10

Dye your armor red and complete an act 4 bounty. You’re welcome in advance

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Can they drop from odious collectors? Vault runs, maybe?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

totalnewbie posted:

Can they drop from odious collectors? Vault runs, maybe?

I've killed 3-4 collectors with no drops from them. I think it's just bugged or something. Not sure what the solution is.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Anyway here's something fun you can try with your Wizard if you're sick of channeling builds + archon. For this season I wanted to make a build that incorporated some of the new items + set changes and I always enjoy Arcane Orbit, so I tried to update that for S18. I've cleared through GR101 without any augments and could probably at least push this onto the seasonal leaderboards with some continued effort.

Arcane Orbit Wiz

You combine the effects of the DMO and Captain Crimson sets to make your lil maijin a melee monster with well over 1.5mil shields of buffer room for Squirt's Pendant. The pros are that it's super tanky, arcane orbit looks awesome, and it's an effective wizard build that doesn't use an armor OR teleport. Wow! The downsides are that it's too slow for speedrunning, you get knocked around every which way by movement-impairing effects, and some spinup time is required to get all your defensive buffs going.

Here's a 5min demo in a GR95 so that I wouldn't embarrass myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3esTFmUZ50

Here is a rundown of some of my specific ability/item choices and why I'm wearing them.

Squirt's Pendant: You get near 100% uptime with the legendary effect thanks to all of your wizard shields.
Ashnaggar's Blood Bracer: Effectively doubles your shields such that with Diamond Skin up you can top 2mil in combat, assuming you're fairly well-geared. Shields benefit from all your DR effects BTW!
Focus/Restraint: Endless Walk is also theoretically possible here, but Arcane Orbit kind of needs all the damage it can get and you have to reposition yourself often.
Gogok of Swiftness: Dodge chance, CDR, attack speed AND damage! This gem does it all.

Diamond Skin - Enduring Skin: Did you know that DS counts as a shield? Before this season I didn't! I actually prefer the duration rune here because with ~60% cooldowns you can have it active persistently.
Explosive Blast - Chain Reaction: Unfortunately your only rune option for consistently keeping up the Orb of Infinite Depth buff.

Unstable Anomaly: When the cheat death procs you get over 5 million shields! I just wanted to mention that because I think it's pretty cool.
Evocation: Cooldown Reduction is also damage thanks to Captain Crimson! And it helps to smooth over your EB/DS uptime.
Pride's Fall: Awesome because it not only lets you maintain Arcane Orb + Explosive Blast spam in one build, but also becomes ~30% free damage reduction.

Well that's it folks! Thanks for listening and happy hunting.

Just got all of my gear for this (thanks to my Inna WOL Muder Monk!), and did GR65. At one point, I noticed that I had somehow taken damage, but by the time I noticed, I was already mostly healed.

I must say, it's really fun watching trash walk into you and just explode!

Now I need to work on replacing my gear with Ancient versions.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Vomik posted:

Dye your armor red and complete an act 4 bounty. You’re welcome in advance

What?! Explain? I won't be able to log on for a few days.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kheldarn posted:

Just got all of my gear for this (thanks to my Inna WOL Muder Monk!), and did GR65. At one point, I noticed that I had somehow taken damage, but by the time I noticed, I was already mostly healed.

I must say, it's really fun watching trash walk into you and just explode!

Now I need to work on replacing my gear with Ancient versions.

If you want to "speed run" with this build on lower GRs you can replace Pride's Fall with Krelm's Buff Belt. You've probably already noticed this, but there's something about Arcane Orbit that causes it to detonate more frequently while you're moving.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What?! Explain? I won't be able to log on for a few days.

Finally got it, had to do the bounty on a different character and open it on that. Got it on the first chest.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
What’s up with the hellfire ring on Switch? Squirt only seems to sell the plan for the old level 60 rings.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Russad posted:

What’s up with the hellfire ring on Switch? Squirt only seems to sell the plan for the old level 60 rings.

Did you already buy it, maybe? I just checked my own game and both of them are in the shop.

EDIT: Oh wait they still show even if you bought them once.

Also the picture is sideways for some reason.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Got to gr70 last night. My free primal? Krelms buff belt. Oooof.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The primal system leads to disappointment 95% of the time since there are so many garbage legendaries. If they fixed that, they would fix that and add a little more diversity to the game, especially with LoD being a thing now. It would be awesome to get a neat weapon drop that has nice orange text that you decide to change your build around to fit in, but that's a rarity.

And they should probably tune the smart loot drop for the first one to be 100% of the time, because there's nothing worse than unlocking it and getting a drop for another class.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

My first (well, only) Primal this season was Mantle of Channeling :smug:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Feels weird playing a Barb that doesn't just hold down a button for perma-Whirlwinds, but Raekor + IK is pretty fun.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Marshal Plugnut posted:

Got to gr70 last night. My free primal? Krelms buff belt. Oooof.

Mine was a broken crown :negative:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
So I'm not sure if I should be happy or not. But I beat my lvl70 GR and got this:

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Did you already buy it, maybe? I just checked my own game and both of them are in the shop.

EDIT: Oh wait they still show even if you bought them once.

Also the picture is sideways for some reason.

I switched characters and the plan shows up. Maybe you have to be level 70 for it? Weird.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
ilvl 70 items only drop for level 70 characters.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

You can craft them regardless of character level if you've got the dudes leveled up and have the mats, though.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Can anyone recommend a good necromancer build for doing T16 split bounties? I've got GR builds I enjoy, I've got a speed Neph Rift build that works really well. But I can't seem to figure out anything that grinds through bounties with a reasonable combination of durability and speed.

There's also "Just do them on my monk," but I'd like to figure out something that works for the necro.

.dazedandconfused..
Jan 5, 2006

Once upon a time Blubberkopf made me even more confused....

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have them as a lvl31 craftable but not as a lvl70 (season chars). Have it on NS. Got me baffled.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
My second Primal Ancient was again Nat's helm :/ Also I was doing T16 public rift's and I accidentally scrapped my Restraint ring :/ Now my damage is v-bad.

Oh well at least I got to end-game diablo3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Finally took the time to grind out the last bit of my Condemn gear and push through 70+ GRs