Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Theres a joke how the UK will be controlled by an American and forced to fight for entertainment, but don't know how to say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

OwlFancier posted:

What a surprise to see the mail promoting mosley.

:laugh:

Came to share the same front page. Amazing.

You'd never see the Express using an Americanism like "mad" to mean "angry"

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

I assume the skeleton pictured is in reference to JRM's closet?

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

It seems fitting given that he has no credibility after lying continuously throughout his career. I'm not sure that's the meaning he intended though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1172980001295273985

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Gets me every time

--

Mogg made his millions WITH the power of his mouth.

Mainly the diameter of his esophagous.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 15, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

His timeline's a total shitshow today, huh?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ms Adequate posted:

His timeline's a total shitshow today, huh?

I figured that was standard for him.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

"The marvel of your mouth revealed how Jacob Rees-Mogg made his millions"

Can't believe JRM has been pimping me out to suck cock, but clearly I'm a good earner :smug:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Plays into my theory that gammons think international diplomacy is comparable to being a bullying middle manager, and that you can shout and stamp and threaten to get your way.

Also that Alexander de Pfeffel is exactly that kind of pathetic middle management bully, elevated way above his ability by his family's wealth.

Sun reader version of this is thinking that the EU negotiations are like a fight in a pub car park. They have no concept of co operation.

I can't get back to sleep, my wife had a nightmare.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Sep 15, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mebh posted:

P.s. Crisp chat is invaluable to me as when I visited to interview a week ago there was a vending machine in Manchester Airport by the gate that only had roast beef monster much and if not for this thread I might have bought some. I only remember monster munch being good as a kid, not the flavour specifics. Saved!

Happy to be of service :patriot:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

"The marvel of your mouth revealed how Jacob Rees-Mogg made his millions"

Can't believe JRM has been pimping me out to suck cock, but clearly I'm a good earner :smug:

I could believe it from you, but I'm disappointed in JRM

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Jose posted:

lol bellingcat writing a criticism of a peer reviewed article that hasn't even been published

https://twitter.com/SGSJournal/status/1172974238334107648

It was published by the Tulsi Gabbard campaign in August and by Accuracy.org after the author sent it to the website and multiple other people in May, where he stated:

quote:

This manuscript has been accepted for publication by Science and Global Security, a refereed science-
based journal published out of Princeton University. The paper has seven authors all of whom are
established scientists plus it has been refereed under the supervision of the editors of the Journal.
So if SGS doesn't want people writing about it they should ask the author not to send it to as many people as possible before the journal publishes it. Unless Postol has totally rewritten the paper he's been working on since 2017 and changed the core concept entirely, it's the same as the SGS version. Here's our actual article:
https://www.bellingcat.com/news/men...his-reputation/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/aPebbleInTheSky/status/1172934400360816641?s=19

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1173142320742621185?s=19

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

So what they're saying is that Brexit is going to smash everything.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jedit posted:

But it'll be green and there will be adequate trousers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheFabledAesop/status/1173147343975305216?s=19

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Jose posted:

lol bellingcat writing a criticism of a peer reviewed article that hasn't even been published

https://twitter.com/SGSJournal/status/1172974238334107648
I don’t know what the paper’s about, but “peer reviewers fixed some of our fuckups” is a really really poo poo excuse. If you don’t check your papers carefully before sending them to journals, then you’re a fraud of an academic and your published papers are full of errors (because only maybe half of peer reviewers take their jobs seriously and even then ones that will generally understand your work less well than you do).

ChairmanGoesWoof
Jul 12, 2016

Jedit posted:

No I think they mean it should have been handled by Mark Ruffalo and / or Edward Norton.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Ms Adequate posted:

:hai:

When I was little and nobody had explained it to my apparently very delicate ears, I was instead told by my grandma that it was indeed a rib, which is why now all men have one fewer rib than women. Very specifically not a pair, one single rib, leaving men with 12 on the right side and 11 on the left. e; to clarify in order to avoid slandering my dear, late Granny Sadie, the grandma in question was on the other side, Lembit's mother.

Feeling my own ribcage did not seem to bear this out, though in retrospect, maybe it was evidence of my transness.

One of my ribs is all hosed up and bent under the one above it, what theological excuse does this give me?

namesake posted:

But it'll be green and there will be adequate trousers.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

HULK SMASH PUNY POUND

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

pumpinglemma posted:

I don’t know what the paper’s about, but “peer reviewers fixed some of our fuckups” is a really really poo poo excuse. If you don’t check your papers carefully before sending them to journals, then you’re a fraud of an academic and your published papers are full of errors (because only maybe half of peer reviewers take their jobs seriously and even then ones that will generally understand your work less well than you do).

It may have something to do with the author of the report being on the editorial board of SGS Journal. The paper uses computer modelling of a 122mm warhead impact and states it's identical to the crater at Khan Sheikhoun, proving it was a rocket impact, not a bomb impact as the OPCW-UN JIM stated. Problem is, the simulation doesn't look like a 122mm rocket impact, and the simulation doesn't even actually match the crater at Khan Sheikhoun.

Brown Moses fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Sep 15, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
16-page glossy magazine inside you :pervert:

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/IamHappyToast/status/1173125365285511170

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he sucks so much

https://twitter.com/TomKibasi/status/1173157909947133953?s=20

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Lmao

“I could make the argument that increased unity between nations offers the chance for greater internationalist integration and shared prosperity, but nah gently caress it, imperialism is back baby it’s good again awooooo”

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Broke:  It is, however, foolish to try to sell the concept of the E.E.C., and not admit that this means giving up some sovereignty. Of course it does, and I believe it rightly does. I believe this is one of the central appeals of it.

Woke: I think they are building an empire and want us to be part of that empire, and I don't want that.

Totally Bespoke: Actually empires are good again.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Like, even without the empires stuff I think it's right to say "The world is turning into blocks, and the UK needs to pick one to join and share sovereignty with. The EU will give us a fairer deal than the US will and aligns with us better." Not a very convincing argument to the public though.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
https://twitter.com/keejayov2/status/1173159961330954240?s=21

I really don’t want to make some cheap vaguely anti-woman joke but she absolutely must consciously fantasise that she’s Hermoine taking on the ministry of magic

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
And that Boris is Ron

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Lol lol lol

Also rest in piss Berns, there are people who deserved brain cancer in their 30s more than you... but not many.

Sanitary Naptime posted:

One of my ribs is all hosed up and bent under the one above it, what theological excuse does this give me?

*in extremely father jack voice* That would be an ecumenical matter

Ratjaculation posted:

HULK SMASH PUNY POUND

Actually snorted lmbo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

When did Azzo get so good

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Like, even without the empires stuff I think it's right to say "The world is turning into blocks, and the UK needs to pick one to join and share sovereignty with. The EU will give us a fairer deal than the US will and aligns with us better." Not a very convincing argument to the public though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVYqB0uTKlE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Billy_Barringer/status/1172862595742752768?s=20

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Aidan_702 posted:

I really don’t want to make some cheap vaguely anti-woman joke but she absolutely must consciously fantasise that she’s Hermoine taking on the ministry of magic

To be fair, the only other option is saying "Our best chance is to be a king maker, in which case we'll attach ourselves to the Tories like a intestinal worm. Slowly leaching nutrients from their distended bowels, until nature takes its course and we're returned to the toilet bowl from whence we came"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/openDemocracy/status/1173182168316731393?s=19

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Aidan_702 posted:

I don't get the block on criticising her appearance, we do it for literally every male politician on here, for example Rory 'horse in a oval office suit' Stewart and Mike 'everything about him' Gapes.

I mean it seems kind of sexist and projecting fragility to pretend that female appearances are untouchable. Like if it was just her appearance we were criticising fair enough, but we've had more than a fair amount about why her politics are poo poo as well.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I don't get the block on criticising her appearance, we do it for literally every male politician on here, for example Rory 'horse in a oval office suit' Stewart and Mike 'everything about him' Gapes.

I mean it seems kind of sexist and projecting fragility to pretend that female appearances are untouchable. Like if it was just her appearance we were criticising fair enough, but we've had more than a fair amount about why her politics are poo poo as well.

women are judged on their appearance far, far, far more often and more harshly than men are

like to the extent of not getting certain jobs/promotions because they're not conventionally attractive enough

criticising her policies is good but too often the first thing people go to is making a jab at her appearance

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Bobby Deluxe posted:

it might be recall bias but ive felt for a while that women in politics get a harder time from this thread than men. certainly over appearance, but more generally too

case in point, your comparators for criticising swinson's appearance are stewart and gapes who are objectively way worse than she is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i agree, it got to the lunatic point where we couldnt even comment on theresa mays ridiculous clown suit because it would be sexist

as if bojo turning up in leather trousers and a jester jacket would only provoke solemn nods

that said, jo swinson is extremely unremarkable looking

e: otoh, re: wommens, give goons an inch and they take a foot so maybe for the best anyway