Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Su yung vs maki itoh is free on the ddt YouTube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Utami Hayashishita has broken her finger and will forfeit all her remaining matches in the 5 Star Grand Prix. She's also been pulled from the main event of JUST TAP OUT's second show where she was scheduled to wrestle TAKA's best new protégé Maika. No word from TAKA Michinoku on who will replace and her and whether Maika will keep the main event she won in the Twitter poll he put up.

e: with rovert gone someone had to step up as the top tier wrestling scoops gatherer here and I hope I didn't disappoint

https://twitter.com/puffinbrain/status/1170318155043860480

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 7, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i got my list in just in time...

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

No word from TAKA Michinoku on who will replace and her and whether Maika will keep the main event she won in the Twitter poll he put up.

Keep her in the main event, replace Utami with Miyako Matsumoto, make a rule that Miyako Matsumoto has to be your stand-in for any joshi cancellations going forward

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

Keep her in the main event, replace Utami with Miyako Matsumoto, make a rule that Miyako Matsumoto has to be your stand-in for any joshi cancellations going forward

Miyacoco is already on the card so I guess he just needs to promote her

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

e: with rovert gone someone had to step up as the top tier wrestling scoops gatherer here and I hope I didn't disappoint

https://twitter.com/puffinbrain/status/1170318155043860480

You're learning, padawan :)

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Miyacoco is already on the card so I guess he just needs to promote her

Miyatico can come back to Japan to take her old spot

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Must be a pretty gnarly finger break to drop all that work

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I got picked in the lottery for the best TJPW 1.4 Korakuen tickets! Granted I've never participated in the lottery before and from the looks of it everyone else I know on Twitter did too so I don't actually know if that's special or not

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

I got picked in the lottery for the best TJPW 1.4 Korakuen tickets! Granted I've never participated in the lottery before and from the looks of it everyone else I know on Twitter did too so I don't actually know if that's special or not

Same, idk if DDT are getting fewer applications or if they're giving priority to foreigners or something because it always seems to be the case. I won the last lottery for campsite pro wrestling tickets too (and now am getting a refund cos they rescheduled for Thursday)

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Like obviously a lot of wrestling fans have bigger plans that day and may not want to go straight to the Dome from Korakuen but I wouldn't think those would be the grade-A preverts shooting for front row TJPW tickets

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, I did only just realise that I'm probably going to spend my early afternoon sitting next to a 50-year-old man who has learned every dance move to Upper Kick.

Are you doing any other shows in Tokyo that week?

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I plan to but I haven't scheduled anything else yet (not least because nothing else is announced except Noah, which I could do, but I don't follow Noah so I'd have some catching up to do). Not actually planning on WK but I might get a cheap ticket if time and money allow. I'd really like to do Ribbonmania but AFAIK it's always on New Years' Eve and I have family stuff in Osaka I promised to do then.

edit:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah, I did only just realise that I'm probably going to spend my early afternoon sitting next to a 50-year-old man who has learned every dance move to Upper Kick.

I will absolutely take this over foreigners shouting off-beat chants the whole time any day of the week, though

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Sep 10, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ribbonmania is NYE yeah. I'm missing it too because my return flight doesn't reach Tokyo until 1:40pm that day so its out of the question and my DDT/BJW NYE is at the mercy of Air China.

I think you might be able to catch an Ice Ribbon dojo show and go to Tequila Saya's bar that week.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I also won the tjpw lottery :tinfoil:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/1172628628271550464

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Jungle Kyona dislocated her shoulder and will miss the rest of the 5*GP as a result.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1172831095072518145?s=19

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

This is your fault

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Oh no! I was so looking forward to Kyona vs Konami. :negative:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Welp RIP EVE. Check the social media thread.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sareee signed with WWE :smith:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Sareee signed with WWE :smith:

what possible use could WWE have for her? I get signing people to keep them away from AEW, but she isn't that big of a star and it's not like she would move the needle or draw any money in AEW

I figured they would poach more STARDOM girls first

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

She's the best wrestler of 2019 so I get it if they actually want good wrestlers. Regal was a big fan when he scouted SEAdLINNNG two years ago.

Also the TJPW title match at Sumo Hall on November 3rd will be Shoko Nakajima vs. Yuka Sakazaki.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

NXT Japan looms

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Huntman posted:

NXT Japan looms
Deciding whether or not NXT Japan is worth losing a ton of great stars in exchange for the occasional good NXT Takeover: Osaka

e: After considering it for a while, it'd be pretty neat to see a Takeover card with Saree vs Io Shirai and Kushida vs Akira Tozawa

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 15, 2019

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

the real positive to come out of that would mean more Japan GCW shows to run against them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealFoxy posted:

Deciding whether or not NXT Japan is worth losing a ton of great stars in exchange for the occasional good NXT Takeover: Osaka

e: After considering it for a while, it'd be pretty neat to see a Takeover card with Saree vs Io Shirai and Kushida vs Akira Tozawa

Fortunately Tozawa should be done by the end of the year unless he's offered a bonkers contract.

NXT Japan would be terrible. Not as a product obviously, it could be very entertaining to watch. But for the damage it could do to Japanese wrestling, it would be terrible.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Huntman posted:

NXT Japan looms

this sounds loving dreadful

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Fortunately Tozawa should be done by the end of the year unless he's offered a bonkers contract.

NXT Japan would be terrible. Not as a product obviously, it could be very entertaining to watch. But for the damage it could do to Japanese wrestling, it would be terrible.

I think getting NXT Japan off the ground would be much harder than NXT UK was. Sure, there was a big BritWres scene but it was still very much an indie scene. Pro wrestling is much more well regarded in Japan with a number of promotions at the national level and NJPW which pulls in crowds as big as WWE does while WWE is very much as a niche product over there. I think serious attempts to make inroads in Japan would be met with a very hostile reaction by the local industry.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Rarity posted:

I think getting NXT Japan off the ground would be much harder than NXT UK was. Sure, there was a big BritWres scene but it was still very much an indie scene. Pro wrestling is much more well regarded in Japan with a number of promotions at the national level and NJPW which pulls in crowds as big as WWE does while WWE is very much as a niche product over there. I think serious attempts to make inroads in Japan would be met with a very hostile reaction by the local industry.

So if NXT UK is Disney Japan then NXT Japan is Euro Disney, got it.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

we can't run from the NXT parasite forever.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If NXT Japan happens I will take the rap for burning down the performance center here to drive HHH off.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Huntman posted:

we can't run from the NXT parasite forever.

Cannot wait for NXT Svalbard.

Actually, low key best part is that they've included Iran in there, despite the various sanctions, and yet have excluded Pakistan.

Also I'm pretty sure they've coloured in North Korea too so that's dope. NXT Pyongyang International Sports and Culture Festival for Peace 2.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Rarity posted:

While I agree with your points, WWE has more visibility here on TV than everything that isn't NJPW. They have a solid TV deal now (JSports carries them live as well as airing a subtitled version and a recap version), their live shows do fairly well, and I see just as many WWE shirts at shows as I see NJPW ones. People do follow them here but they are seen in the same way as they see Hollywood films, in that it's American-style but "we still do it better." Also, NJPW's weekly TV presence is limited to 30 minutes in the middle of the night on the deep Sunday morning slot. If you want other promotions like Dragon Gate or Noah on TV, you have to shell out for satellite channels like Samurai TV.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I'm sure that NXT Japan possibly becoming a thing is the one thing that'd trigger an industry wide thing of collectively working together to try and box them out. They aren't going in as the clear number 1 promotion trying to create a local thing but a distant number 2 that runs four shows a year with the big stars trying to create something local when the scene is already saturated - to be even a distant number 2 they'd need to replicate those Sumo Hall numbers they do with the main roster people and Triple H on the card regularly with whatever people they can put together off of the smaller promotions and that strikes me as being unlikely long term. If you're New Japan and you see that happening its in your best interests to help out smaller promotions in whatever way you can (appearances by their people I imagine) to try and take the oxygen away from NXT UK. Add in the fact that Japanese law makes it hard for foreign companies to do business (their Disney World isn't actually owned by Disney but by a middleman for example) and there are other barriers that probably would discourage WWE from going there unless it was certain to work.

NXT Japan would suck as a product as well: it'd be NXT UK: using the same people that are over big there now but taking the charm and the authenticity out of it and just making a charmless product that appeals to very few people. Especially if they try to mess with the style they work which WWE always does which is why the reaction to the Sareee news is as hostile as it is.

Its just very sad: the style that Sareee works is not one that matches up well with what WWE will tell her to do and they aren't a company that lets people work their own style if it works for them. Especially when you consider just how great her 2019 has been, she's still young so she still should get better somehow and also the spot that Asuka and Kairi Sane are in in WWE now and its just not something to be excited about - although it was expected especially after she lost to Tsukasa Fujimoto in Ice Ribbon. Not worried about the scene as a whole since there are a load of rookies and younger wrestlers coming through so things should be fine (dunno about Diana though - although I don't know much about how they do business wise and I've never really looked into it since nothing they do gets released) but it just means that we're not going to be a lot of poo poo that should be very cool if it happened.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1173171099603017728

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Nxt Japan is awfully close to the nightmare scenario where WWE signs maki Itoh

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
My dumb thoughts on this entire thing:

I'm very uneasy about this signing. Sareee like mentioned earlier, doesn't exactly fit the WWE mold. But at the same time, they've been scouting her since at least 2017 (before they went on this hardcore sign everyone talent binge), so maybe something WWE sees something in her that we don't. :shrug:

Either way, I don't like her chances in WWE. Kairi Sane and Asuka got jobbed out to Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross and made to look like crybabies before being kicked off of TV, and are now being used as enhancement talent to make Fire and Desire look good at house shows.

Io Shirai is in an okay position, but her feud with Candice LeRae is starting to get obnoxious simply because very few people are actually backing Candice in this feud (the clean loss to Io killed any chance of people really backing her, to be honest). Also because Candice being portrayed as the biggest sore loser in NXT, and she's coming across as Christian did in 2011 where he just "NEEDS ONE MORE CHANCE" every time he lost to Orton. And Christian was a heel.

None of the WWE joshi are in a good position right now. But if WWE is that desperate to sign Sareee, it's very possible they do the same stuff they did with Andrade when trying to convince a luchador to sign with them. Push Kairi, Asuka, and Io just long enough to convince Sareee to sign. And then probably end up burying all of them soon after.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Casey's Google translate is indeed wrong according to my Japanese friends. They say she signed but they don't know what WWE or Sareee is but that's what they say the article says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
They see what we see: William Regal is clearly a good judge of talent and it was known that when he saw her during her SEAdLINNNG run (before something happened and she went back to Diana; that's still a weird one) because she is an incredibly good pro wrestler - the matches that she's had this year are proof of that. The issue is that the talent she has would require them to change up their approach and their style to let her be that good but their mentality is rather than signing people from outside that fits their vision and going with them (which they used to do only their vision was dodgy so you got terrible guys that no one could do anything with) they sign anyone from outside who's good to great and try to change them to fit their vision of what 'good pro wrestling' is; and often what that means is taking very talented wrestlers and making them significantly worse. Add in the fact that she works for a small company that has no international outreach and the other companies she works with are the same (Sendai tried with Sendai Global but that failed; and their UK efforts are based around Meiko since she's the star here); she's never tweeted in English and I don't know what her English ability is (and that's important in WWE - a lot of WWE fans dismiss Kairi and Asuka over them 'not knowing English' and I've seen them try with Io just because she speaks with an accent); she doesn't have the upsides that sort of explain WWE signing the other three (Asuka's got that sort of showmanship and almost flamboyancy which got her over; Kairi Hojo is a top tier babyface type who can get almost any crowd to be on her side; and Io Shirai was one of the best flying wrestlers in the world (which Western audiences appreciate) and also, well, I think has appeals in other ways to WWE fans. Sareee doesn't have anything like that other than being a drat great pro wrestler and while in a sensible company that'd be enough to start with and let that stand alone while working with her to maybe find other things: in WWE that almost makes her a non-starter by default - especially since her style which involves a lot of hard hitting and working very stiff will get toned down.

The comparison that comes to mind is KENTA in some ways bar the injury stuff: he was a massive star for NOAH and stands out in New Japan now; but in his WWE run they systematically took everything he had away from him: his finisher, a lot of his big moves and signature spots etc and turned him into someone else that was a significantly worse pro wrestler: and I can very much see that happening to Sareee - which is a massive shame since KENTA had really peaked in NOAH already and moving on for him made sense while for Sareee she's at her peak now and there is a lot more that she could still do which is frustrating. Good for her if she's getting a good pay day or whatever but as a fan its annoying.