Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah I think the Bengals just got unlucky and I think the variance was enjoyable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I bet the Bengals are gonna look back fondly on those Marvin Lewis days.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another win for Lamar, another win for Baltimore

Feels good to prop up this division of dead weight losers

carrying the sad sacks to watchable games whether they like it or not

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Eh this was literally identical to like five games last year except they are still more fun to watch on offense

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

That team outta Cincinnati sure is named the Bengals!

They played football today. They passed! They ran the ball! They threw the ball too and sometimes it was caught by a receiver!

Calling timeouts, looking at playbooks, wearing cleats, the Bengals did it all today when it came to participating in football!

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

*proudly shows off "Most Improved" gang tag*

TWO POINTS THIS TIME!!!!

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 15, 2019

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This is a bit of navel gazing but I was thinking today how I watch all the games but there is like no way in hell I will ever pay to go see the Bengals play purely because the ownership almost weekly finds new ways to be hilarious greedy and awful people. And I saw the crowd at the game today and maybe there are a lot of people who think that too and aren't going to show up even if they are good again someday. I'm starting to think there is a real good shot that they flee to wherever once the stadium lease is up and I'm sort of down for it

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Real Talk: How are the Browns gonna do on Monday Night?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the talk, its real, that they are bad.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mark Andrews yall

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Metapod posted:

Mark Andrews yall

This is true.

It's also true that the Ravens are undefeated against undefeated teams. A tremendous achievement unlikely to ever be matched in the history of football.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bengals are poopy but also Super Bowl Champions, it is an interesting dichotomy and I'm interested in their newsletter

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Metapod posted:

Mark Andrews yall

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1173344264757153798

Lol I just noticed the horns down

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

This is a bit of navel gazing but I was thinking today how I watch all the games but there is like no way in hell I will ever pay to go see the Bengals play purely because the ownership almost weekly finds new ways to be hilarious greedy and awful people. And I saw the crowd at the game today and maybe there are a lot of people who think that too and aren't going to show up even if they are good again someday. I'm starting to think there is a real good shot that they flee to wherever once the stadium lease is up and I'm sort of down for it

same. also this would be great for the city of cincinnati too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm mad the Bengals lost.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

I'm mad the Bengals lost.

relax: it was just variance

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the bengals are good. not at football. at something. someday i'll figure out what that is

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

relax: it was just variance

regression to the mean, as people smarter then me say

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im a vikings fan now

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

regression to the hotdish

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

at some point this thread needs to have a conversation about the bengals and just what they're doing to the nation as a whole and i wait patiently

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
everyone sucks except the ravens. what hell world are we leaving for our children

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

sharknado slashfic posted:

at some point this thread needs to have a conversation about the bengals and just what they're doing to the nation as a whole and i wait patiently

they’re doing nothing, legitimately. Football interacts with the bengals, not the other way around

The bengals are post modern art

Andy dalton is a hero

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Gatts posted:

Real Talk: How are the Browns gonna do on Monday Night?

The Browns are bad.

The Jets are also bad.

Personally I'm not going to watch it and just pretend that it ended in a 0-0 tie regardless of the actual result.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Good to see my sloppy loss radar is still working under new management.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

It is 4:17 A.M. Monday September 16th 2019. Today is the day I tell my grandchildren where I was, and what I was doing when the unstoppable 100 year long Browns Dynasty started. Sorry Jets.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Metapod posted:

Mark Andrews yall

:yeah:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mexican Radio posted:

everyone sucks except the ravens.

good

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Mexican Radio posted:

everyone sucks except the ravens. what hell world are we leaving for our children

https://twitter.com/OddsShark/status/1173617342141665280

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ben's out for the year https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1173624460257181702

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
LMAO

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Mason Rudolph looks like the 20 something actor who plays the high school QB in a teen comedy, so I'm here for it.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Can’t wait for his weekly radio hits where he says he’s just not sure if he’ll play next season. Lmao loving loser

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im indifferent to the ben injury, as it doesn't affect my favorite team, The Minnesota Vikings

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm glad I can now root for my team without rooting for a terrible person as the quarterback.

And luckily, I'll only have to root for my team for 14 more games this season.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

a patagonian cavy posted:

the bengals are good. not at football. at something. someday i'll figure out what that is

they've got an okay orange on their jersey, there's that

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Tonight is it Browns!!! Do or die! Your season and potential love or hate hinges on tonight!

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

With Ben out for the year the division is wide open for the Browns. Whether its the Browns, the new Browns, or the cat Browns, the Browns can possibility lose now. Unless of course it turns out that Mason Rudolph is some sort of improvement over the aging injured over the hill Big Ben., but what are the odds of that?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

I can't wait until the Browns move to Las Vegas and become a beloved local team who make the playoffs in their first year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Smiling Mandrill posted:

If the Browns don't win this game they need to fold the franchise for real and, never football again.

This but in 1999.