Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I liked when I insisted Graves was good a few years ago and one dude ran to Wreddit to complain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Yet another Jim Cornette fan admits he is racist rather than condemn Jim for calling Muslims cave people.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingMark8/status/1171979938532077570

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

quote:

This point isn't raised enough whenever there's a thread on here started by someone moaning that their favourite NXT wrestler hasn't received fantasy booking on the main roster.

A lot of wrestlers who have moved to the main roster from NXT deserve their low place on the card because they're crap, rather than them being great talents simply held down by senile Vince which is the usual story that's spun.

Imagine seriously thinking its the performers fault they fail on the main roster instead of Vince.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

lmao dumbasses not thinking religion is cool. What the gently caress do you think pro wrestling is?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Yet another Jim Cornette fan admits he is racist rather than condemn Jim for calling Muslims cave people.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingMark8/status/1171979938532077570

lmao You still have this guy going

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
this account has brain worms

https://twitter.com/MeltzerSaidWhat/status/1173221074001125376?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you want to enjoy a WWE show then watching NJPW just beforehand is the last thing I'd recommend.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

This dude is legit psychotic

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Can't believe man who writes a newsletter that mixes news & opinions has personal opinions & tastes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
GamerGate broke a big portion of the internet because people don't understand how journalism and popular critics work. The idea that journalists may have friendly relationships with sources and critics having their own tastes as subjective people is conflated with being bribed for good coverage (which obviously also does happen, directly and indirectly, in many fields) and not being 'objective' (which is insane as there is no such thing in art)

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Gaz-L posted:

not being 'objective' (which is insane as there is no such thing in art)

Artistic Objectivity is just Absolute Subjectivity on how art should be made. Which is doubly why I disliked Squared Circle's opinion that the WWE "House Style" was the best style.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1173396158082768897

Lotta mad WWE fans in the replies of this one.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave: I don’t want to watch NJPW before WWE so I can give WWE as fair a shake as I can
Fed stans: WHY DOES DAVE HAVE IT IN FOR WWE

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I recognize that I shouldn't engage with the folks who have brainworms, but I've seen a lot of people today complaining about Dave Meltzer saying in the mailbag segment of Saturday's Wrestling Observer Radio that he didn't think that Harper would ever return, and then reporting in last night's WOR that Harper was contacted on Friday to be a part of the show, is an indication that Dave doesn't know what he's talking about?

Do any of these turds understand the difference between opinion and reporting?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

blast0rama posted:

I recognize that I shouldn't engage with the folks who have brainworms, but I've seen a lot of people today complaining about Dave Meltzer saying in the mailbag segment of Saturday's Wrestling Observer Radio that he didn't think that Harper would ever return, and then reporting in last night's WOR that Harper was contacted on Friday to be a part of the show, is an indication that Dave doesn't know what he's talking about?

Do any of these turds understand the difference between opinion and reporting?

No. No they don't.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ol Shave Seltzer misreporting again

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

reminder that almost none of them have ever listened to a WOR so it goes from Dave saying “I don’t think they have plans right now for Harper to be back” to some scoopz site hearing it and reporting “Dave Meltzer doesn’t think Harper will be back” to another site seeing that and reporting “Harper won’t be back - Dave Meltzer” and then r/sc thinks Dave is falsely reporting stuff

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
People would surely pay good money to subscribe for pure, objective wrestling journalism. Just give me match results and press releases and keep the "opinions" out of it! It's not too late for Dave to change course and finally start to make a living off of his newsletter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm amazed Dave finds time to write that toilet paper roll consindering all the hours he puts in at Sunglasses Hut.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

beepo posted:

People would surely pay good money to subscribe for pure, objective wrestling journalism. Just give me match results and press releases and keep the "opinions" out of it! It's not too late for Dave to change course and finally start to make a living off of his newsletter.

Please keep the spoilers out of this newsletter..

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Hairy Wrestling Fan (of poetry fame) announced he quit his job last week. Cultaholic tweeted that they'd hired him today and encouraged everyone to welcome him to the site.

It was immediately revealed that he likes to DM dick pics to women and the tweet announcing his hire has been deleted.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

The Hairy Wrestling Fan (of poetry fame) announced he quit his job last week. Cultaholic tweeted that they'd hired him today and encouraged everyone to welcome him to the site.

It was immediately revealed that he likes to DM dick pics to women and the tweet announcing his hire has been deleted.

to the surprise of no one. I had that dude blocked years ago for content theft

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HE stole your dick pics?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
And so, "bloke who was hired by Cultaholic and then fired the same day for being a sex pest" becomes a weirdly specific category with a membership greater than one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oldpainless posted:

HE stole your dick pics?

the whole dick and sold it. I had to buy it back from a guy that was convinced it was a broken toaster. 20 bucks, wtf.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Remember Hairy wrestling fan wrote that list of ten most influential Japanese wrestlers that had Vince McMahon as honourable mention .

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
And yet Brandon Stroud still walks free

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TinTower posted:

And so, "bloke who was hired by Cultaholic and then fired the same day for being a sex pest" becomes a weirdly specific category with a membership greater than one.

Uh Plumpy founded Cultaholic and was then fired in the same day please keep it accurate.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

coconono posted:

the whole dick and sold it. I had to buy it back from a guy that was convinced it was a broken toaster. 20 bucks, wtf.

You probably could've talked him down to seventeen.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
3 inches ain't enough man, i need 5.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OctoberCountry posted:

And yet Brandon Stroud still walks free

Is this a general Brandon Stroud sucks thing or is there something specific I'm not aware of?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

Is this a general Brandon Stroud sucks thing or is there something specific I'm not aware of?

There are accusations about him that I always forget and hope people will post (and are relevant to the thread as he has stupid wrestling fan opinions.)

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
A few years back he was allegedly quietly fired from his ring announcing gig at some indie for harassing female talent

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

spongeh posted:

3 inches ain't enough man, i need 5.

It's insane, this guy's taint.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

reminder that almost none of them have ever listened to a WOR so it goes from Dave saying “I don’t think they have plans right now for Harper to be back” to some scoopz site hearing it and reporting “Dave Meltzer doesn’t think Harper will be back” to another site seeing that and reporting “Harper won’t be back - Dave Meltzer” and then r/sc thinks Dave is falsely reporting stuff

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/d57z5v/why_do_people_hate_dave_meltzer/f0ka3wh

He’s a con artist, seems to have a huge problem with women, acts smug on Twitter, never apologizes or acknowledges when he’s incorrect, he accused Roman of being misleading about what kind of cancer he had, he called Goldust a transvestite, he called Sable an ugly stripper, he called Peyton Royce fat (no wait, he was talking about his tits), he said Vince McMahon would put on a show for Nazis (no wait, he was talking about “pre-WW2 Nazis”), multiple wrestlers have called him out for lying about their injuries, he incorrectly predicted “Roman’s coronation” for about eight months in a row, and most recently he said you’d never see a dude again 24 hours before that dude showed up again.

But mostly, it’s really loving funny to make fun of him because people get so upset, like you’ve personally insulted their girlfriend or something.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Web Jew.0 posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/d57z5v/why_do_people_hate_dave_meltzer/f0ka3wh

He’s a con artist, seems to have a huge problem with women, acts smug on Twitter, never apologizes or acknowledges when he’s incorrect, he accused Roman of being misleading about what kind of cancer he had, he called Goldust a transvestite, he called Sable an ugly stripper, he called Peyton Royce fat (no wait, he was talking about his tits), he said Vince McMahon would put on a show for Nazis (no wait, he was talking about “pre-WW2 Nazis”), multiple wrestlers have called him out for lying about their injuries, he incorrectly predicted “Roman’s coronation” for about eight months in a row, and most recently he said you’d never see a dude again 24 hours before that dude showed up again.

But mostly, it’s really loving funny to make fun of him because people get so upset, like you’ve personally insulted their girlfriend or something.

Who the gently caress cares

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Who the gently caress cares

They're quoting a stupid wrestling fan opinion with the source included.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jerusalem posted:

Weird the link wasn't working for me originally so I just assumed it was more rovert-esque nonsense, my bad!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I often forget which thread I'm in and start writing replies, before I come to my senses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Justin Barrasso posted another dumbass article. Not going to link it and give him "the clicks" but the two dumbest quotes are this:

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1174003688660262912

and his claim that Kevin Nash was a backstage advocate for lucha in WCW.