Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It feels fuckin great to beat the Steelers, Russ's stats were godlike today (29/35, 300, 3 TD). I'm still cautious cause Carson had 2 lost fumbles today and 3 already this season. That said, he got the 4th and 2 to ice the game.

In short, while individual RBs are a land of contrasts, established the run 2-0 baby woooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
me right now

https://twitter.com/batmanutd4/status/1173333621869907968

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Lamar Jackson has exceeded expectations since he started playing for us.

His trick plays were more productive than we thought they'd be when Flacco was starting

When he became starter it was more effective than we thought it would be and he won games and we made the playoffs

Now this year he's made huge strides in his game and can now be a good threat throwing the ball and also not messing up snaps. And can still run too.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Ben Roethlisberger looks like he needs Tommy John with the way he was grabbing his elbow.

more like big ben needs to retire

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Excelzior posted:

more like big ben needs to retire

No. Let him keep getting hurt.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Chichevache posted:

No. Let him keep getting hurt.

:hmmyes:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Alaois posted:

randall cunningham played for like 15 years in an era where they could hit QBs way harder

Yes he did. I used to love watching him throw those ridiculous passes after extending a down. Two thoughts; 1) there are always exceptions and 2) In that era, defenders were a lot slower than today.

In today's game, running with the ball gets you killed.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Marrone made the right decision, but that was a bad playcall.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i mocked the josh allen pick plenty last year and still do not believe in it, but im digging his big dick energy in this interview https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27624135

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bip Roberts posted:

So through 2 games, by statistical arguments, are the Patriots better than the Dolphins are bad?

The Patriots currently have both starting tackles injured after losing their center in the preseason.

The Dolphins are worse then the Pats are good at the moment.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

So through 2 games, by statistical arguments, are the Patriots better than the Dolphins are bad?

Today's game is a wash, since anything good for the Pats is also bad for the Dolphins.

Baltimore murdered Miami harder than the Pats murdered the Steelers, so Miami is still in the lead.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alaois posted:

randall cunningham played for like 15 years in an era where they could hit QBs way harder

we both know he was some like some football freak of nature

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sono posted:

Today's game is a wash, since anything good for the Pats is also bad for the Dolphins.

Baltimore murdered Miami harder than the Pats murdered the Steelers, so Miami is still in the lead.

While that's true the Dolphins have scored a TD, the pats haven't given one up yet.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Bip Roberts posted:

While that's true the Dolphins have scored a TD, the pats haven't given one up yet.

The Dolphins threw two TD passes in that game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article235120582.html

quote:

The Dallas Cowboys are 14 straight wins away from completing their first ever perfect regular season, and they are in this place in large part because someone asked a child to be the offensive coordinator.

Between that quote and the headline, god drat:eyepop:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Deshaun Watson is going to end up like Cam unless the Texans do something to protect him.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

sweet thursday posted:

I can't watch the Vikings anymore with Kirk "Kissing" Cousins, who isn't the answer, making GBS threads it up as QB

I stopped when they signed him. I just know a few mediocre years of QB play coming when I see it. Such a waste of the rest of the team.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The Cowboys, and Dak, are looking rather legit at this early stage. I have come to the realization that if somehow my beloved KC Mahomes are eliminated and the football gods arrange a Cowboys/Patriots Super Bowl, that I will be rooting for the Cowboys and it won't even be close. I don't know how to feel about this, this is what this league has reduced me to.

Optimistic happy Kawalimus is something I'm having a hard time processing too. I like the way Lamar is looking. Anything that can hasten the demise of the Brady/Brees/Big Ben/Rodgers old guard and bring in the new blood is fine by me.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

BlindSite posted:

Deshaun Watson is going to end up like Cam unless the Texans do something to protect him.

Nah

He's nowhere near big enough to last as long as Cam

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Your undefeated after week 2 Detroit Lions. What a nice thing to see after five hours of flying.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

C-Euro posted:

Your undefeated after week 2 Detroit Lions. What a nice thing to see after five hours of flying.

It was a brutally unwatchable game from both sides. You are the winner for not having watched it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

It was a brutally unwatchable game from both sides. You are the winner for not having watched it

I don't doubt it. Also I actually flew into LAX and now I regret not wearing my Lions shirt, lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

C-Euro posted:

I don't doubt it. Also I actually flew into LAX and now I regret not wearing my Lions shirt, lol

No one in LA would care anyway

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

TowerofOil posted:

Kirk Cousins just earned $132,211 per completion today while also turning the ball over 3 times.

Avg yards per completion? 6.9
isgrudengoneyet but with cousins

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Go Chiefs.

Who had "Demarcus Robinson" on their ridiculous passing yards lottery card for this week?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I am shocked that the Patriots have no morales and let Antonio Brown play. The world will be a better place when this stupid loving sport dies.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Joe Flacco is clutch Elite.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wrong thread

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
X2

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

I am shocked that the Patriots have no morales and let Antonio Brown play. The world will be a better place when this stupid loving sport dies.

Patriots never had morales. You're thinking of the Red Sox

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would take a mono-stricken Sam Darnold over Mitchy Trubs.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

What the Ravens could use in my mind is a real Marshall Faulk or Charlie Garner style pass catching RB. It would fit the offense we're trying to run well and since we're not using WRs that much.

you know what a team could really use? a first ballot Hall of Famer

-- Kawalimus

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Count the Dolphins as another mammal that lays eggs

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The kicker kisses all the titties

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Diva Cupcake posted:

I would take a mono-stricken Sam Darnold over Mitchy Trubs.

and yet

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The Bears offense is utter trash and it took some insane bullshit to escape Denver with a win. But they did it. Somehow.

Edit: Also, start building the Eddy Pineiro statue.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Raiders injuries are atrocious and its only week 2 with another 48 days before another home game lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Posted this in the GDT, meant to post it here.

https://twitter.com/golfodds/status/1173370894057525248

Cowboys laying 20.5 next week to open, Vegas is not putting up with Miami's bullshit anymore.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

0 and Tua is a pretty good headline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mystic Stylez posted:

you know what a team could really use? a first ballot Hall of Famer

-- Kawalimus

I knew somebody would say that. Also Garner's not a HoFer. I'm just using them as examples lol