Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

whatever happens in this game, cam is dead.

someone make a "you watch the field, I'll watch the sky" with him and bosa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jameis' 14-game road losing streak is over thanks to Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Cam Newton is currently the worst QB in the NFL and has been going back to last season. I seriously can't think of a worse one. Please retire like Luck and enjoy the rest of your life.

Oh well, at least they can cut him after this season and finally clean house on the Rivera Era

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

After this season half the team is gone and they have all the cap space in the world.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Cam finished 25-51. oof

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That was definitely a feel worse about the Panthers then good about the Buccaneers kinda game.

Watching the Bucs just stomp the Panthers on D over and over and over again was.... unexpected to say the least.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

That was definitely a feel worse about the Panthers then good about the Buccaneers kinda game.

Watching the Bucs just stomp the Panthers on D over and over and over again was.... unexpected to say the least.

i mean, your offense can't stay on the field, your defense gets tired.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs bitch! Shaq Barrett just wrecked the Panthers and it owned.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Even though it is, statistically, bad for the team i root for please retire Cam and enjoy your post football life.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
We need to play Cam the entire season so we can know for sure that he doesn’t deserve another contract. No more rehabbing it in the offseason and try again next year. And if the season doesn’t turn around, we also can finally fire Ron.

Sucks for Cam because I’m a huge fan, but accuracy and holding the ball too long were always his weaknesses, and now his shoulder is hosed and he can’t run anymore. It’s a real bad combination to have when you also have a lovely LT again.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
It's sad to see a great athlete become depleted like Cam. He was never a great QB by traditional standards, but he was a force on the field and reliably made plays. But his physical tools seem to be gone (injury or not) and so is his confidence. He looks absolutely lost out there and I think the team is trying to mask his limitations. If he was injured I think they would say something because it would take some heat off. So, if they aren't admitting an injury I'm left to wonder if they are covering for him because they know he can't do what he use to do anymore because he just doesn't have the tools.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Cam looked bad but the gameplan was just as bad. No reason to have the guy running a read option on that field. Barrett has two sacks already and you're sliding the other way with your protection.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Slowpoke! posted:

We need to play Cam the entire season so we can know for sure that he doesn’t deserve another contract. No more rehabbing it in the offseason and try again next year. And if the season doesn’t turn around, we also can finally fire Ron.

Sucks for Cam because I’m a huge fan, but accuracy and holding the ball too long were always his weaknesses, and now his shoulder is hosed and he can’t run anymore. It’s a real bad combination to have when you also have a lovely LT again.

One of the greatest sports travesties is that Cam Newton was wasted by Ron Rivera for 10 loving years.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
on one hand Delhomme had 6 turnovers in one game and it was time for him to go

on the other how the gently caress do you not turn the ball over and still lose to jameis winston at home

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I didnt watch it, but that was a bad game

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

on one hand Delhomme had 6 turnovers in one game and it was time for him to go

on the other how the gently caress do you not turn the ball over and still lose to jameis winston at home

They failed 3 4 and 1s and Cam lost a fumble.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Cam looks bad and the panthers playcalling looks worse than ever. I know its week 2 but they look done already

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Is this real?

https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/1172377458844131328

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

It is real

https://twitter.com/ftbeard_17/status/1172380802404864000

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

Yeah man, that's retirement talk right there. They say that when the end comes it comes quick. Obviously he won't retire tomorrow, but chances are at the end of the season he does.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SpitztheGreat posted:

Yeah man, that's retirement talk right there. They say that when the end comes it comes quick. Obviously he won't retire tomorrow, but chances are at the end of the season he does.

i would not be surprised and would in fact be relieved if cam newton did actually retire tomorrow

Barudak
May 7, 2007

drat, thats like "leaves at half-time without telling anyone" kind of talk

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Cam Newton's last touchdown was December 2, 2018.

That's week 13 last year

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Defenses have his number. Just flood the box, he can't hit down range

I don't know.... I don't what you can even DO as the Panthers right now

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Retire and do a wacky neighbor show with Luck, Cam.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Defenses have his number. Just flood the box, he can't hit down range

I don't know.... I don't what you can even DO as the Panthers right now

Lose out for draft position. Put CMC in a box and don't be stupid and get him pounded for a season that's already lost. Let the new owner clean house and fire the entire coaching staff. Cut Cam at the end of the season for cap space (if he doesn't retire).

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

watching Cam Newton at his best was loving electric and he had enough personality to really make me give a poo poo about him, which is more than you can say for 90% of the QBs who have been around at the same time as him, he's the one dude whose jersey i ever bought, and even when he was saying incredibly dumb poo poo i still cheered for the cats because he was a great football player

and now i hope he retires before his brain finishes turning to mush. go start a fashion line Cam, while you can still walk without a cane.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

jesus christ Cam what happened man

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

it is really hard to watch a sport where guys who are good and exciting retire before their time, or continue to play out despite not having it any more while Tom Brady continues to not age and win rings. It's possible that Cam and Andrew Luck, two of the most exciting football prospects and sure-fire number one draft picks of my lifetime play less time combined than that garbage human being and don't win a single ring between the two of them and the first week or so of this season has really hammered that home for me. it's like watching some wall street douche walk down the street and find a hundred dollars stuck to his foot, which he then uses to buy a stupid hat, all while everyone at his firm has to work 80 hours a week just to pay rent

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Why is cam dressed like an old lady

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

SD87 posted:

Why is cam dressed like an old lady

Dressing for how his body feels.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Cam just wants to get the attention of Kellen Winslow Jr.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Hizawk posted:

Cam just wants to get the attention of Kellen Winslow Jr.

:lol:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

three posted:

One of the greatest sports travesties is that Cam Newton was wasted by Ron Rivera for 10 loving years.

If I were a Panthers fan, I would have been screaming for ron's head on a stick. For many years. And last night would have just broken me.

As it is, I'm just real sad for Cam. At his prime, watching him work was incredible.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Cam was a beast and I used to dread games against him. This year, I’m looking forward to it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I feel like nobody won that game last night except maybe the Bucs defense. Cam is depressing Jameis Winston is the most backup quarterback ever except he somehow continues to start because the Bucs are stupid and can’t do any better.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Codependent Poster posted:

Retire and do a wacky neighbor show with Luck, Cam.

Luck lives in the most boring boomer suburb in the most boring state lol.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how did all those talking heads predicting the panthers go 3-13 know about this before the season

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

it is really hard to watch a sport where guys who are good and exciting retire before their time, or continue to play out despite not having it any more while Tom Brady continues to not age and win rings. It's possible that Cam and Andrew Luck, two of the most exciting football prospects and sure-fire number one draft picks of my lifetime play less time combined than that garbage human being and don't win a single ring between the two of them and the first week or so of this season has really hammered that home for me. it's like watching some wall street douche walk down the street and find a hundred dollars stuck to his foot, which he then uses to buy a stupid hat, all while everyone at his firm has to work 80 hours a week just to pay rent

maybe they should be better quarterbacks then tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Cavauro posted:

how did all those talking heads predicting the panthers go 3-13 know about this before the season

The rest of us had our blinders on hoping Cam was healed up.