Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You can just teleport to the FC house without unlocking anything.

Well I'm wrong then. I thought you had to physically be at the FC house to join in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Well I'm wrong then. I thought you had to physically be at the FC house to join in the first place.

The default is to click on the house thing I think, but a guild officer can send you an invite to join

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can just teleport to the house even in ARR. was kinda a bummer though cuz I bet that area would’ve been a nice surprise had I not known about it from the guild house. Oh well.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Magil Zeal posted:

I look at the substance of some of the arguments and like, up to a point yes they do improve the content over the years, but the majority of MSQ content is running around and interacting with NPCs/objects in the game world, plus watching cutscenes and reading dialogue. The quality of the latter increases, and the former is less padded out (you don't get quests like /dance with X sylphs generally in later content), but fundamentally the actual interactive experience of the much-lauded Shadowbringers is not significantly different than the early stuff.

I don't expect that's going to change much, they're not going to make the MSQ a trial/dungeon/solo-instance gauntlet with a few cutscenes sprinkled in. I do enjoy this kind of stuff, but for example, earlier a poster was complaining about the Azim Steppe quests--which are generally held in high regard around here. It's clear there's a disconnect between what some people expect and what others enjoy. Dunno precisely how to diagnose it, but ultimately I can just say game isn't for everyone but I've been subbed since ARR launched so obviously I'm sold.

Let me tell you about a ShB quest where you have to "say" several full sentences. I don't mind the "emote in front of people" quests, and I can tolerate the orange circle hide-n-seek quests, but that poo poo in the spoiler is loving terrible, and has only gotten more frequent the further into the content I got.

I say this as someone who doesn't think the padding is a huge deal for the most part.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

Let me tell you about a ShB quest where you have to "say" several full sentences. I don't mind the "emote in front of people" quests, and I can tolerate the orange circle hide-n-seek quests, but that poo poo in the spoiler is loving terrible, and has only gotten more frequent the further into the content I got.

I say this as someone who doesn't think the padding is a huge deal for the most part.

I thought that moment was loving hilarious, personally. I'm on Kujata and got to watch a bunch of Japanese people type out sentences in more and more elaborate kanji.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ibblebibble posted:

I thought that moment was loving hilarious, personally. I'm on Kujata and got to watch a bunch of Japanese people type out sentences in more and more elaborate kanji.

I play on PS4.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is there anything that guild members should be doing to contribute to the guild or whatnot

Stuffing extra dye you get from quest rewards into the chest.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
a logitech k400 is frequently less than $20

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

lol

King of Solomon posted:

I play on PS4.

:lol:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Phone posted:

a logitech k400 is frequently less than $20

The fact that you can use a keyboard with a PS4 doesn't suddenly make it not terrible quest design.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Uhm Ala grows free kupo nuts on his whiskers.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

King of Solomon posted:

The fact that you can use a keyboard with a PS4 doesn't suddenly make it not terrible quest design.

you sound like a real treat

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Those quests are a pain in the rear end, but are occasionally funny

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

King of Solomon posted:

I play on PS4.

:yikes:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The PS4 version is good, get the gently caress out of here with that

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The game is good on ps4, it works remarkably well. the load times are a bit longer (hello brilliant design decision to put the hard drive on USB for whatever reason), but the game does work on PS4. You can even play KB+M with a PS4.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

King of Solomon posted:

I play on PS4.
See, as someone who plays on PC, imagining a large proportion of the player base having to carefully type out those sentences over the course of literal minutes has just made that moment several times funnier for me.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s bad quest design same with any emote quest where you have to go into a unsorted menu to find some nonsense emote in a long list.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Empress Brosephine posted:

It’s bad quest design same with any emote quest where you have to go into a unsorted menu to find some nonsense emote in a long list.

Nah, the emote quests are fine. It's just the Say quests that suck.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

in quests that use items the duty list'll typically have a shortcut to use the item, and it'd be cool if it did the same with emote quests. maybe something that'd automatically fill out your chat box for the /say quests.

but I'm on pc so I'm just gonna dab on everyone

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Empress Brosephine posted:

You can /emote or drag them onto your hotbar if you, say, made a macro for giving a thumbs up that isn't just "agreeing with someone" or want to be able to lali-ho at the drop of a hat.

Vitamean posted:

in quests that use items the duty list'll typically have a shortcut to use the item, and it'd be cool if it did the same with emote quests. maybe something that'd automatically fill out your chat box for the /say quests.

but I'm on pc so I'm just gonna dab on everyone

/blackrangerposeb

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Just finished the 4.3 MSQ trial: Yotsuyu, noooooooooooooo !!!! I loved her character arc. The past will always catch up to you.

Hope there's more arcs like that in ShB.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Hahahahaha, I just finished Castrum Abania for the MSQ as a WHM with the level 70 job quest staff.

Scions: *glare at enemies and prepare for a dramatic fight*

Me: *pulls out a staff with butterflies flapping around it*

Minor tonal dissonance there.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

King of Solomon posted:

It’s actually great quest design because the WoL is also getting frustrated at the whole thing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Hahahahaha, I just finished Castrum Abania for the MSQ as a WHM with the level 70 job quest staff.

Scions: *glare at enemies and prepare for a dramatic fight*

Me: *pulls out a staff with butterflies flapping around it*

Minor tonal dissonance there.

Can any dramatic cutscenes in this game get ruined by a minion wandering into frame, I remember that happening in Guild Wars 2

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

That one was funny to watch because of all the people who didn't realize they were misspelling part of it and then got increasingly frustrated when nothing happened.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mol

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Ibblebibble posted:

This was one of the highlights of the expansion, just watching everyone struggle to type it out. Then I started saying it wrong intentionally so people would copy and paste the wrong sentence.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

PVP report: since I have raigo :toot: I can now focus on the rest of the garo event:

done:

+ bought all melee gear, will stuff it all into the glam chest
+ title for dragoon
+ mounts

to do:

+ buy all ranged gear (or at least one or two sets. not sure if I wanna grind out that many wolfmarks yet but also idek)
+ level NIN, PLD and DRK to 60 for the titles. they're all at 55-56 and leveling steadily as I plow through HW so this isn't a big hassle

I'm finding that it's really pleasant to stand on a box in the PVP area and dance while I read and wait for the frontline queue to pop. I listen to chill music (leave the game's BGM off) and I'm plowing through my giant pile o' books and it's just working really nicely for stress-relief. When I want more focused play I do MSQ or whatever, but this is the most chill I can be in-game without like, fishing.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

wizardofloneliness posted:

That one was funny to watch because of all the people who didn't realize they were misspelling part of it and then got increasingly frustrated when nothing happened.
tired: PS4 users having UI problems
wired: everyone else having Ul problems

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

I listen to chill music (leave the game's BGM off)

I sincerely hope you don't do this when you're not idling.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ibblebibble posted:

I sincerely hope you don't do this when you're not idling.

Oh don't worry, I turn the BGM back on a lot. For new areas, 100% have it on, same for cutscenes. For Toto-Rak for the 182758th time, I'm doing that to Deep Purple. I've also heard the field music a ton so sometimes I'm down for it, but other times I need to fish to other chill tunes. I wish there was a BGM toggle I could put on the hotbar, I turn it on/off a lot.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Turn combat music off is the top pro tip

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh don't worry, I turn the BGM back on a lot. For new areas, 100% have it on, same for cutscenes. For Toto-Rak for the 182758th time, I'm doing that to Deep Purple. I've also heard the field music a ton so sometimes I'm down for it, but other times I need to fish to other chill tunes. I wish there was a BGM toggle I could put on the hotbar, I turn it on/off a lot.
Make a macro for /bgm

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I would like to get chocobo theme remixes. Hell give me the radio from FF15 (does the FF15 car mount have a radio)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I would like to get chocobo theme remixes. Hell give me the radio from FF15 (does the FF15 car mount have a radio)

No, it plays one jazzy tune which I assume is from 15 (I've never played it).

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Cleretic posted:

Going back a page or so, I'm kinda stunned that people watched Y'shtola's conversation with Matoya and didn't get that it's confirming that Y'sh is blind now. they're super inconsistent about what her magic sight actually lets her see, especially in Shadowbringers, but I thought the intent was really obvious. Her eyes weren't grey before but are now, even, that's fictional shorthand for 'blinded' 100% of the time!

People give me crap for allegedly not paying attention, but how people missed that one I've got absolutely no idea.

Yeah, Matoya is very clear when she chides Y'shtola for burning her own life energy in order to power her aethersight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Insert name here posted:

Make a macro for /bgm

specifically, /bgm with no args toggles mute, adding a number between 0 and 100 inclusive sets that specific volume slider.