Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Anidav posted:

Jesus Christ I get that sinking feeling that this fucker will last as long as Howard.

He will easily do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Jesus Christ I get that sinking feeling that this fucker will last as long as Howard.

you need booze

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

if Labor don't get their poo poo together and the media keeps getting worse, then yes, easily

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cassa posted:

My partner's been asking and I'm not sure of the answer myself.

With the cashless welfare card, how are you meant to pay things like rent?

Automatic deductions from your payments before they get to you

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Scomo will rule forever and Labor will vote for all his regressive culture war poo poo just like they voted for Howard's homophobic marriage amendment in 2004

"We need to consider this religious freedom rule" is laying the groundwork for exactly that

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Anidav posted:

Thanks to you

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

JBP posted:

He will easily do it

Jesus Christ.

:gritin:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The Peccadillo posted:

Yeah it's wild that the thirteenth amendment has that asterisk

Just everything between the first and second comma.

Box of Bunnies posted:

Scomo will rule forever and Labor will vote for all his regressive culture war poo poo just like they voted for Howard's homophobic marriage amendment in 2004

"We need to consider this religious freedom rule" is laying the groundwork for exactly that

Abbott's been out and about a lot in the past couple of weeks pushing the fundie bullshit agenda.

Just today he was saying that legalising abortion is "infanticide on demand".

It's my religious freedom to infringe on your personal freedom :argh:

In a more perfect world we could say, "All right, believe what you like, but if what you believe goes against our laws, you face the consequences the same as anyone else."

Also, any religious organisation which takes public monies would be cut off the loving second they start preaching bigotry.

A democracy is the society we choose it to be together, no one should get free reign to persecute the innocent and powerless.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
you can be as religiously free as you like. start paying taxes you dumb fucks

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
blue team red team nothing else matters

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Nothing matters because with qlds absurd start to bushfire season with record temperatures and rural nsw about to run out of water Australia will burn to the ground

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cohsae posted:

Nothing matters because with qlds absurd start to bushfire season with record temperatures and rural nsw about to run out of water Australia will burn to the ground

and nothing of value was lost.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
If enough of it burns down, an electoral redistribution might trigger and unseat the likes of the Nats.

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

https://twitter.com/mathaiaus/status/1173382125086621699

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

hey soag are you on twitter

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my twitter is @cardamonfives if anyone wants to follow my dumb rear end

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The New South Wales government is advising local councils to invoke terrorism fears to keep the location of potentially lethal flammable cladding secret from the public.

Councils were advised to “consult” the planning department before making decisions, and were given examples of three common reasons to reject requests: the potential to affect property prices; to derail the taskforce’s work; or to create a risk of “terror” and arson.

In one recent case, the state government cited all three in advising City of Ryde not to release cladding registers. The council rejected the concerns, and on Tuesday decided to release the register. The council’s decision stated that the NSW government did “not include any corroborated reasons why disclosure would reasonably be expected to result in an act of terrorism”.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Going to Bankstown then booking out a conference room, peeking out of the curtains at all of the weird poors outside and quivering in fear.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Scott Morrison is literally worse than Tony Abbott. Every single time I hear him he's pushing some unimaginably cynical angle to exploit our worst qualities. He's a god drat menace and will likely be PM for 12 years.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I think the question is less whether or not Scomo lasts as long as Howard, and more whether civilization as we know it can hold out that long.

See you on the fury road.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

"Yeah I'm telling a lie. You know it, I know it. But what are you going to do about it, lefty? You've got nothing, hahah, watch me pull this horrendous poo poo week after week."

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

I think the question is less whether or not Scomo lasts as long as Howard, and more whether civilization as we know it can hold out that long.

See you on the fury road.

The apocalypse isn't happening. This is an indulgent fantasy so you can roleplay a political extremist.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Amethyst posted:

The apocalypse isn't happening. This is an indulgent fantasy so you can roleplay a political extremist.

The apocalypse is happening, its just slower and more boring than popular media has shown.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
think The Rover, rather than any of the Mad Maxs

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

GoldStandardConure posted:

The apocalypse is happening, its just slower and more boring than popular media has shown.

Right but none of the idiots posting stupid guilliotine memes understand that or even care.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
it me iwc, just stopping by to confirm that fauna couldn't possibly be iwc because people accused me of being iwc. I am In With Christians and I approve of Labors strong swing toward the correct policies for Australia. I love the CCP and its money and you guys are racist as hell for suggesting that rich people who benefit from a regime of propaganda and control would possibly be bad people and you are one step away from allowing neo nazis to start posting here.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/shalailah/status/1173404538813865988

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

it me iwc, just stopping by to confirm that fauna couldn't possibly be iwc because people accused me of being iwc. I am In With Christians and I approve of Labors strong swing toward the correct policies for Australia. I love the CCP and its money and you guys are racist as hell for suggesting that rich people who benefit from a regime of propaganda and control would possibly be bad people and you are one step away from allowing neo nazis to start posting here.

podcast when?

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Bernstrike posted:

podcast when?

our next podcast is about using your cashless welfare card to buy bitcoin to buy drugs, also featuring a good clean piss regime

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

GoldStandardConure posted:

think The Rover, rather than any of the Mad Maxs

Depressingly accurate. Time for a re-watch.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

i have a new anecdote from the jobseekersphere. today i was called up for a great opportunity to distribute catalogues. did you know the people who distribute those rolled-up bundles of catalogues into your mailbox every tuesday are paid $18 per thousand? they also have to sort them and roll them in their own time without pay, and provide their own elastic bands (lol). if you've never done this work, it takes about two hours to process a thousand catalogues and at least another three to distribute them, which comes to a grand total of about $3.60/hour. it took me some very pointed questioning to get the lifter in charge to tell me exactly what we would be paid per unit, because he just kept saying "about eighty dollars per week". in the end i turned down the great opportunity, but the two other women there with me (both of whom had obvious learning difficulties and probably couldn't quite do the necessary mental arithmetic on the spot) were very excited about the eighty-dollar figure and signed themselves up without hesitation. thank you for reading this inspiring story of job creation

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

That's a lot of words when you could have just said "I'm a dole-budging oxygen thief."
That sucks real bad I hope you find something

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Actually Bill Shorten collects Warhammer Age of Sigmar

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

an apt metaphor for the Labor party

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Of course bilb snorter is big on Napoleon, the corruption of a working class movement into something indistinguishable from what it used to oppose is right up his loving alley

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

fauna posted:

i have a new anecdote from the jobseekersphere. today i was called up for a great opportunity to distribute catalogues. did you know the people who distribute those rolled-up bundles of catalogues into your mailbox every tuesday are paid $18 per thousand? they also have to sort them and roll them in their own time without pay, and provide their own elastic bands (lol). if you've never done this work, it takes about two hours to process a thousand catalogues and at least another three to distribute them, which comes to a grand total of about $3.60/hour. it took me some very pointed questioning to get the lifter in charge to tell me exactly what we would be paid per unit, because he just kept saying "about eighty dollars per week". in the end i turned down the great opportunity, but the two other women there with me (both of whom had obvious learning difficulties and probably couldn't quite do the necessary mental arithmetic on the spot) were very excited about the eighty-dollar figure and signed themselves up without hesitation. thank you for reading this inspiring story of job creation

As someone who delivered pamphlets for Salmat for a time during high school I'll put it this way - hungry jacks paid 15yo me far far better.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

norp posted:

As someone who delivered pamphlets for Salmat for a time during high school I'll put it this way - hungry jacks paid 15yo me far far better.
yeah i was wondering if this was just one distributor being dodgy or if it's another whole industry where for some reason the minimum wage law doesn't apply

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bill Shorten collects Necrons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

Of course bilb snorter is big on Napoleon, the corruption of a working class movement into something indistinguishable from what it used to oppose is right up his loving alley

Actually much like the Jacobins, the ALP caucus is not working class though they make empty claims to defend their interests.