Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I wonder if Bontu's stock goes up with all of these cards generating food tokens to sack to his etb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

There aren’t many constructed level ways of generating lots of food.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Smothering Tithe has existed longer than Bontu and fuels future copies of Bontu

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
It looks like there's going to be a fun Sultai Food deck, although I have no idea how competitive it will be. t1 Gilded Goose, t2 Oko, t3 Giant Opportunity seems pretty good in a vacuum, at least.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Tulul posted:

It looks like there's going to be a fun Sultai Food deck, although I have no idea how competitive it will be. t1 Gilded Goose, t2 Oko, t3 Giant Opportunity seems pretty good in a vacuum, at least.

That seems like a lot of buildup for something that dies to Teferi.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I don't think Giant Opportunity is very good but I think the rest of that looks fine

weird discard clause on bartered cow too

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I've done it. Koth and no fetches guarantees you'll never hit 4 land! Took advantage of this phenomenon to go 3-0 vs some jank, a UW control deck and a Red Prowess deck.
Other Red player needed to read Volcanic Fallout and Ghitu Encampment. xD

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Elyv posted:

I don't think Giant Opportunity is very good but I think the rest of that looks fine

If there's a REAL food deck in the format, Giant looks pretty decent, as 3 mana to either make a pile of food or turn excess food into a massive body is pretty nice.

The cow clause IS weird, yeah. Not the least of which is because White is NOT the color I think of getting benefits from discard. It makes sense from actual fluff tho- you can trade (discard) the cow for the beans.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
CFB posted all the decklists for the Ghent GP.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...d=0&single=true

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

moush posted:

There’s my boy Bant Stoneblade

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Anything that lets you put permanents on the battlefield for straight up free is worth keeping an eye on.

I don't think we'll be seeing "bovine dredge" any time soon though.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I just watched a kid born when Eighth Edition released win an SCG Legacy Open and he won game one against Storm because the deck didn't cooperate. Jesus christ.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Elyv posted:

You can trade the cow for some beans, or eat a steak when it dies. Now that's #value #flavour

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Mr. Locke posted:

The cow clause IS weird, yeah. Not the least of which is because White is NOT the color I think of getting benefits from discard. It makes sense from actual fluff tho- you can trade (discard) the cow for the beans.

Barely a year ago

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

moush posted:

Awww. All the Dredge decks in the top 32 made the same changes. 4 x Faithless --> 1 more Thug + 3 Insolent Neonates.
Booooooooring.

I was hoping for something a little more substantial.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

AlternateNu posted:

Awww. All the Dredge decks in the top 32 made the same changes. 4 x Faithless --> 1 more Thug + 3 Insolent Neonates.
Booooooooring.

I was hoping for something a little more substantial.

Sultai Vengevine might get a lucky result someday.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Lone Goat posted:

Barely a year ago

that's punishing enemy discards, not rewarding your own

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Hellsau posted:

that's punishing enemy discards, not rewarding your own

The ox rewards you in either scenario, so technically it's relevant.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Digging those Kiki Temur lists.

I also liked Jacob Wilson's Naya Stoneblade but played it this weekend and lost hard.

I may just try and get good at Vannifar Pod because life is rough.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
am i crazy or are there more "turn creatures who are probably sapient into a food token" cards (or ones that imply something similar happen, see bartered cow's flavor text) than cards that just make regular-rear end food

how common is cannibalism on eldraine

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

President Ark posted:

am i crazy or are there more "turn creatures who are probably sapient into a food token" cards (or ones that imply something similar happen, see bartered cow's flavor text) than cards that just make regular-rear end food

Side effect of food being a primarily black/green archetype?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

President Ark posted:

the fae probably figure tricking people to eat other people is hilarious

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Turn Parhelion II into a pie.

It's great. All those angels in one little bite.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

President Ark posted:

If the prevalence of cannibalism in the original fairy tales is any thing to go by the answer is "very"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Uhhh that flavor text on the cow is pretty hosed up

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
being turned into livestock is probably on the top 10 list of my nightmares

the mooing part is what makes this really horrifying

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 16, 2019

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
That Giant spell could be sweet in whatever window it has left in Standard after Teferi rotates and the format isn't defined by a marquee 3-drop that will blow up the token while laughing gleefully.

You loving deserve what you get if you try to cast it before then, though.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Silhouette posted:

Note that this was a tier 1 deck in Mirage block standard, alongside Prosbloom. You could probably do the combo in Modern with Chronatog Totem and some jank shenanigans to loop the turn skip.

The totem needs to be a creature to use the skip turn ability, and that needs 1U each time, so it ain't happening.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Guess who's up to his old tricks again?

I miss the Trey emoticon, most expressive 'sneaky' ever.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Archon of Absolution 3W Uncommon

Creature-Archon

Flying

Protection from White

Creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pay 1 for each of those creatures.

3/2

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Osmosisch posted:

Guess who's up to his old tricks again?

I miss the Trey emoticon, most expressive 'sneaky' ever.

Jesus, that’s a blast from the past.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Kurtofan posted:

Archon of Absolution 3W Uncommon

Creature-Archon

Flying

Protection from White

Creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pay 1 for each of those creatures.

3/2

Hello, new windborn muse.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Torban, Thane of Red Fell :black101:

https://twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft/status/1173553765070209024?s=19

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Nice. Too high on the curve for burn, yeah?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

BrianBoitano posted:

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Cmc 4 you say?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Yeah it’s not quite as explosive as Flame of Keld was but that gives Cavalcade more reach.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I just wanna know what the rare cycle of lands is goddammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

BrianBoitano posted:

Probably too expensive for modern burn, and standard already has a lot of good 4 mana top end for cavalcade- they probably prefer the card advantage versions like frenzy or chandra.