Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Where does “it was about making money and therefore can’t be racism” come from? I remember some politician said it a month or two ago. Just another way of denying that racism ever did or could exist?
One Marxist take is that it was about making money and then the planter class drummed up what we'd now consider modern racism (i.e. 'black' vs. 'white' rather than race as nation) as a way to stop poor Scots Irish farmers and Cornish miners realizing that they had more in common with enslaved Africans than with WASP landowners, which then became systemic and perpetuated itself long past slavery.

The same guy is saying "We do the same paying employees less than they are worth....to make money." which is textbook Marxist theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Where does “it was about making money and therefore can’t be racism” come from? I remember some politician said it a month or two ago. Just another way of denying that racism ever did or could exist?

And why do they think it's a defence? "We didn't enslave you because we're racist but because it made us money" doesn't make anything better.

E: and also ignores all the literature of the time such as the Confederate Constitution...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Slavery in America wasn’t initially about racism, but making money. Making more money. The racism came alongside to justify and protect a guilty conscience making money off other people." isn't untrue. It was all about exploiting a new continent, and the colonizers cooked up 'scientific' racism as an excuse for why Africans were naturally suited to slavery, and that was socially promoted as to keep the 'whites' onside during any slave uprisings, granting them little privileges like "you get to be in the fugitive slave patrol" and "you get to feel just like us planters". Keep that up for centuries and you get systemic racism.

"We invented systemic racism to make money" isn't really an excuse for anything though.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

To: xzins

26) The majority should never have to bow to the whims of the minority, no matter how loud or well-funded the latter is.

7 posted on 9/6/2019, 9:46:29 PM by IronJack

Uuuuuh...

E: a few more

quote:

To: xzins
If words are considered violence then we may just eventually have to commit to violence to prove what violence really is.

15 posted on 9/6/2019, 10:00:27 PM by right way right (May we remain sober over mere men, for God really is our only true hope.)

quote:

To: HIDEK6
three genders

We need the Democratic Presidential candidates to take a stab at this question at the upcoming LGBT town hall.

Jeopardy Question:
how many genders are there?

Joe? (Joe says "three")
bzzzt-wrong!

Elizabeth? (Elizabeth says "seven")
bzzzt-wrong!

Kamala? (Kamala says "nine")
bzzzt-wrong!

Butt-head? (Butt-head throws the F_ bomb.)
close, butt-head, but the judges think you were not specific enough.

The answer--according to the latest edition of Wackopedia--twenty seven!

Thanks for playing!

;-)
35 posted on 9/6/2019, 10:47:43 PM by cgbg (Democracy dies in darkness when Bezos bans books.)

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 9, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

"Slavery in America wasn’t initially about racism, but making money. Making more money. The racism came alongside to justify and protect a guilty conscience making money off other people." isn't untrue. It was all about exploiting a new continent, and the colonizers cooked up 'scientific' racism as an excuse for why Africans were naturally suited to slavery, and that was socially promoted as to keep the 'whites' onside during any slave uprisings, granting them little privileges like "you get to be in the fugitive slave patrol" and "you get to feel just like us planters". Keep that up for centuries and you get systemic racism.

"We invented systemic racism to make money" isn't really an excuse for anything though.

There was still definitely racism behind slavery when it first began, but it also wasn't the kind of racism we understand in the modern world. Until the 20th century, just about everyone on Earth was "racist" by a modern definition. Every single type of person was considered to have inherent traits based on their ethnicity. The English, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish all had their own racism against each other, all of them were racist against a Bavarian, who would be racist against an Italian. It wasn't considered a negative thing, just the way the world worked. Of course you would be able to fit more exotic and ridiculous beliefs into people who were less like you, so Africans and Native Americans got the shortest end of the stick as "savages" because they lacked the elaborate societies and massive cities of places like India or China that Europeans would recognize.

The kind of virulent racism we get in the modern day, where people are willing to lynch you if you even show up in town with skin too dark, originated in the mid-19th century. The wealthy slaveowners in the South needed to ensure that the poor white farmers that they exploited would be on their side, especially when the Civil War came. Along with promoting the "scientific" idea of Africans being naturally unintelligent and closer to apes than whites, they spread fear that a slave uprising would lead to the blacks raping and pillaging their way across the farms. They painted themselves as the only real saviors of the poor white farmers. When the South lost the war, they kept it up to try and keep the newly freed ex-slave population downtrodden.

Along with systemic racism, this is also why poor whites traditionally follow wealthy white conservatives despite getting literally nothing out of it and usually ending up worse off. 150 years of "us vs. them" has been built up where conservatives redirect anger stemming from poverty toward immigrants and minorities rather than the people in power. Wealthy farm owners use illegal immigrants to pick lettuce because they can abuse them and pay them next to nothing, then tell all the unemployed white people that they need to be mad at Mexicans for stealing their jobs. Conservative politicians cut social services and benefits, then tell everyone left dying that it's because ghetto welfare queens are using food stamps to buy lobster and brand new Mercedes SUVs.

And now you get Freep. A population that simultaneously votes against their interests while blaming everyone but themselves.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Guavanaut posted:

I want this Freeper to be sent back in time to October 2016 to go around shouting like an angry male Cassandra on blood pressure meds and get zotted within seconds.

Hahahaha, prior to Trump winning the nom, about half of freep still hated him. Prior to him announcing his Republican run they all hated him. Freep and 180s are the norm

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The "X will run for president then step down so their VP becomes president" has gotta be one of the longest running conspiracy theories, I've heard it so drat much.

Its the type of idea that sounds good for a tom clancy novel but has so many problems in real life they just ignore.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Not least because of the reliance on "they will run with an awful unpopular VP, step down, and the awful unpopular VP will serve the rest of their term and win two more elections."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jurgan posted:

America becomes a dictatorship through the anti-democratic method of... running for office.

I mean you have Brexiters openly calling for Boris Johnson to declare emergency powers that let him do anything he wants to push Brexit through to "save our democracy." Conservatives are basically fascists in denial.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Not least because of the reliance on "they will run with an awful unpopular VP, step down, and the awful unpopular VP will serve the rest of their term and win two more elections."

And there doesn't exist anyone who is both ambitious enough to win the presidency, and yet loyal enough to give up all of that power once they have it.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Serious question, with no connection to FReep, but someone mentioned Boris, so I'm gonna ask here:

What exactly do the brexiters think is going to happen the morning after they finally leave? Do they honestly think their world will be demonstrably better, with all evidence to the contrary? Like, I really don't understand how conservatives (us) and brexiters think.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zipperelli. posted:

Serious question, with no connection to FReep, but someone mentioned Boris, so I'm gonna ask here:

What exactly do the brexiters think is going to happen the morning after they finally leave? Do they honestly think their world will be demonstrably better, with all evidence to the contrary? Like, I really don't understand how conservatives (us) and brexiters think.

All the migrant workers are gone, jobs are back in British hands, and every trade agreement will be renegotiated in Britain’s favor.

In short, they’re idiots.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

And why do they think it's a defence? "We didn't enslave you because we're racist but because it made us money" doesn't make anything better.

E: and also ignores all the literature of the time such as the Confederate Constitution...

If you accept it as a given that making money is the highest good and that the only option anyone ever has is to maximize profit, I guess it does serve as a kind of alibi. “We (the inherently superior white race) weren’t evil because we didn’t act out of irrational hatred, but rather the rational self-interest that you can’t really blame anyone for serving.”

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

Football comes home.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

Short answer: the empire
Long answer: When Britain fi-i-irst, at heaven's command, Aro-o-o-ose from out the a-a-a-zure main...

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Zipperelli. posted:

Boris has been insisting that preventing him from leaving without a deal makes it impossible for him to negotiate, so...

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Keeshhound posted:

Boris has been insisting that preventing him from leaving without a deal makes it impossible for him to negotiate, so...

Brexiters think Europe depends on Britain rather than the other way around. They think that this is going to end with the EU on their knees begging to trade with the UK instead of the EU telling the UK to piss off as Britain spirals into economic disaster and probably civil unrest (Ireland).

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Brexiters think Europe depends on Britain rather than the other way around. They think that this is going to end with the EU on their knees begging to trade with the UK instead of the EU telling the UK to piss off as Britain spirals into economic disaster and probably civil unrest (Ireland).

As far as I can tell, it's basically the principle of the thing for them at this point no matter how much people like me yell “but we didn’t vote to leave with NO DEAL”. They're just being stubborn assholes. As a Brit who lives on the continent the whole thing is deeply depressing and as someone who still earns pounds but spend Euros it's maddening.

It'll absolutely be the end of the UK. Ireland will definitely unify because Boris has gently caress all ideas about that border situation and I wouldn't blame Scotland for going independent in a few years. Poor old Wales has no chance cause they have no dreams though. :(

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Zipperelli. posted:

It's an interesting one because opposition to the EU was a thing of the left until the 80s, similar to anti-globalization and anti-imperialism movements, with the right being mostly pro-markets pro-EU, before a hard right nativist contingent started taking over and reframing the narrative entirely around foreign immigrants human rights are sovereignty :freep:

Add on top of that 30 years of the UK government persuing a path of free-market obsessed privatization and liberalization and the press being more than happy to uncritically blame all the externalities of that (schools and hospitals crumbling, wages falling, libraries closing) on the EU and immigration (immigrants stole all the books!) and the Remain side being mostly David Cameron Conservatives doing the Hillary "things are already great!" Clinton schtick as their main argument for staying in.

Then add on top of that the EU being pretty poo poo themselves (anti state aid, pro 'European Values' :heritage:) and it was a perfect storm for deindustrialized and rural seats coming out harder than expected for Leave while BAME and left voters stayed at home more than expected, even though this stands to screw over deindustrialized and rural areas heavily.

The left Leave movement mostly died with Tony Benn outside of the Northern Labour heartlands, so this can be best summed up as a long running internal feud in the Conservatives finally blowing up, but 30% of the country will still vote for their burning husk of a party because the media is entirely owned by people who would be 5% worse off under the opposition, and there's a fringe who've been convinced that leaving the EU means the Muslims go back to Islamabad and will go fully fascist if the government just says it isn't leaving.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Guavanaut posted:

They're not entirely wrong when it comes to the suck party of old white guys. They ran the most unpopular gently caress stick, cheese brained goof they could get and the opposing party leadership is too chickenshit to do anything but chirp about decorum

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Zipperelli. posted:

All you need to do is read about all the idiot Trump voters that are shocked and appalled that Trump is having one of their loved ones deported or the morons in Texas right now crying about the wall cutting through property/communities and yet the same line comes right after they cry, "I'll vote for Trump in 2020". Even that dummy that was a legal US resident and was detained and abused and is still fighting to clear her record. These people are loving dumb racist assholes that so badly want to gently caress over those they dislike they're willing to have the same happen to themselves as long as the others suffer too.

In short, they don't think. At best a few might have goldfish brains

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm a jew named Thomas and it makes me feel left out of the Cool Jews Club.

I'm a goddam disciple. Thanks mom.
I have an extremely English first name to go with my extremely Russian Jewish surname. Meanwhile my brother is named "Isaac" and yet he went off to Thailand to be a Buddhist monk. I feel your pain.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
It's been a while, but here's Trump says he fired national security advisor John Bolton-JB says he "offered to resign" posted by freeper janetjanet998, with keywords 4dchess; artofthedeal; bestpeople; bolton; boltonfired; johnbolton; trumpnatlsecurity; trumptweet; trusttheplan; yourefired

Same.

quote:

To: janetjanet998

He made it a full year longer than I expected.

3 posted on 9/10/2019, 9:02:58 AM by thoughtomator (... this has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.)

:thunk:

quote:

I’ll bet Bolton screwed up the Taliban meeting, somehow.

4 posted on 9/10/2019, 9:03:02 AM by Mr. Jeeves ([CTRL]-[GALT]-[DELETE])

quote:

To: Mr. Jeeves

YEP!! I’ll bet Bolton was NOT very loyal to Trump’s agenda.

8 posted on 9/10/2019, 9:04:06 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

To: thoughtomator

I was surprised that Bolton was ever hired.

If he announced the firing, must mean it was serious.

I read that Bolton did not help at all with NK.

Bottom line, Trump can defuse NK, Iran, and Afghan situations if he follows his instincts.

14 posted on 9/10/2019, 9:06:43 AM by SecAmndmt (Arm yourselves!)

The party line so far seems to be "good riddance," but there are still some fans.

quote:

I’ve got a feeling that Jared and Ivanka are behind all this “ let’s hold hands with our enemies” BS. I always thought that Bolton had it right with dealing with strategic adversaries. I know that is not in vogue in the “new” conservative views,but that’s how I feel and I respect other views as well.

27 posted on 9/10/2019, 9:12:28 AM by HighSierra5

quote:

Trust the process. Trump is a business man. Businesses fire people.

52 posted on 9/10/2019, 9:28:38 AM by conservative98

Lots of posts like this one.

quote:

To: a little elbow grease
Missed that as I was listening to Rush and had the sound muted.

There should be one Fox News personality celebrating this, even if the rest (along with CNNMSNBCABCNPRCBS anchors, execs and viewership) put Bolton on a pedestal just below Henry the K as an “expert” in foreign policy.

Talk is cheap. Wars are not.

Let’s have more talk, please.

80 posted on 9/10/2019, 9:51:12 AM by logician2u

quote:

quote:

“Allies Are Aghast”: Is John Bolton Replaying His Iraq War Playbook with Iran?

If you want a sliver of an idea on why John Bolton was fired?....read here]

95 posted on 9/10/2019, 10:14:10 AM by LibFreeUSA

Vanity Fair??? LOL. Why don’t you just quote fake news CNN while you’re at it.

96 posted on 9/10/2019, 10:15:38 AM by lodi90

quote:

To: Jeff Chandler

Today, Rush said to watch the Dems & the Enemy Media. After decades of hating on Bolton, he’ll now be as holy to them as Mueller is now, LOL!

So predictable!

140 posted on 9/10/2019, 1:45:08 PM by Diana in Wisconsin (We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden.~Alfred Austin)

There's a multi-page derail in the thread having to do with our withdrawal from Afghanistan and how much of a threat Iran really is. It's really rather boring and eventually comes down to two twits arguing back and forth about which one is disrespecting the troops more.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Which one was disrespecting the troops more?

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Todd Palin files for divorce from former Alaska governor Sarah Palin

In between the rampant volunteering to bang newly single Sarah Palin, Freep has some interesting takes. Turns out not even being beloved by Freep makes you immune to misogyny

quote:

To: bigdaddy45
Menopause is a hell of a thing.

6 posted on 9/9/2019, 2:10:12 PM by SoCal Pubbie (Ca)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: bigdaddy45
is todd gay?

12 posted on 9/9/2019, 2:13:11 PM by teeman8r (Armageddon won't be pretty, but it's not like it's the end of the world.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: teeman8r
I think the Midwest screeching finally got to him. Face it, Sarah is a looker but...

27 posted on 9/9/2019, 2:15:01 PM by Hatteras
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Hatteras
“”I think the Midwest screeching finally got to him. Face it, Sarah is a looker but...””

I don’t know what comes after your post but I have to agree. Can’t even describe the ones here who took issue with that sentiment several years ago. It was like you had insulted their wives or their mothers.

Her voice drove me nuts! I had nothing else against her but that voice would shatter glass and THAT was when she used a microphone. No one told her it wasn’t necessary to shout. She’d be a great addition to FOX as they have some of the worst female voices in captivity..

95 posted on 9/9/2019, 3:01:32 PM by Thank You Rush
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

quote:

“I think the Midwest screeching finally got to him. “

LOL. Mute button helped me a lot back then.

129 posted on 9/9/2019, 3:59:06 PM by plain talk

quote:

To: Simon Foxx
She appears all those things you said - plus she gives off quite a “I’m in control here” vibe. Todd has always seemed like a real easy going guy
Todd does seem to be an easy going guy, BUT he is also very much a man with a lot of testosterone- evidenced by his lifestyle and choices of recreation. Those type of men are easy going, but never bow under to be controlled by anyone and especially not a woman. They are easy going, and usually very nice, polite, and soft spoken. People mistake them for someone who would roll with anything but not the case. And when they have had enough, they are done.

I have lived all my life with and around rugged, outdoor men that are very much like Todd. They are a different sort of creature, very strong but don't feel the need to flex their muscles or anything else for others.

I really like Sarah Palin, but she is a strong personality and many women get pretty tough to live with as they get older.

131 posted on 9/9/2019, 4:11:28 PM by Tammy8
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]
Sarah Palin: Race Traitor

quote:

To: one4perl
There was a story long ago that when Mrs Palin was a sportscaster, she had a brief affair with.a University of Michigan basketball player (Glen Rice I believe). She didn’t deny it, and neither did he, but freepers were aghast at the thought that the pure then Miss Heath would engage in such activity — and with a black man no less! It was comical watching the height of the pedestal some put her on.

181 posted on 9/9/2019, 6:38:41 PM by bigdaddy45
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 180 | View Replies]

From a few other threads

quote:

To: DannyTN
Her voice would drive any one mad.

44 posted on 9/9/2019, 3:24:11 PM by HollyB
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

To: HollyB
Her voice is def like fingers on a chalk board.

45 posted on 9/9/2019, 3:26:44 PM by DainBramage
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Extremely Extreme Extremist; Lazamataz
She’s available. Get in line behind me and Laz.

46 posted on 9/9/2019, 6:11:58 PM by null and void (After those deliberate lies THEY owe it to me to be honest, I don't owe them to be less suspicious.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Finnankainen posted:

Todd Palin files for divorce from former Alaska governor Sarah Palin

In between the rampant volunteering to bang newly single Sarah Palin, Freep has some interesting takes. Turns out not even being beloved by Freep makes you immune to misogyny

Sarah Palin: Race Traitor

From a few other threads

came back to see freep react to this

am not disappointed.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

came back to see freep react to this

am not disappointed.

Yeah. The fact that they seem to mostly be siding with the husband and trashing her seems... not surprising.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

“”I think the Midwest screeching finally got to him. Face it, Sarah is a looker but...””

I don’t know what comes after your post but I have to agree. Can’t even describe the ones here who took issue with that sentiment several years ago. It was like you had insulted their wives or their mothers.

Her voice drove me nuts! I had nothing else against her but that voice would shatter glass and THAT was when she used a microphone. No one told her it wasn’t necessary to shout. She’d be a great addition to FOX as they have some of the worst female voices in captivity..

95 posted on 9/9/2019, 3:01:32 PM by Thank You Rush
[/]

What the actual gently caress :stare:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Short answer: the empire
Long answer: When Britain fi-i-irst, at heaven's command, Aro-o-o-ose from out the a-a-a-zure main...

Wouldn't it be better to just spend more money on the navy then, instead of blowing up your economy and forcing you to spend less money on the navy?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

What the actual gently caress :stare:

Even the people they like, they hate. Except Trump.

Although, tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if, in a decade, Trump is out of office/dead and no longer brought up as much (thus no longer making libs angry, which is the primary goal) if some freeper just randomly threw out "wow that guy was dumb as hell" and everyone else just like "yeah".

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Wouldn't it be better to just spend more money on the navy then, instead of blowing up your economy and forcing you to spend less money on the navy?

They don't want to spend more money on the navy. They want to get rid of brown people.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Zwabu posted:

Yeah. The fact that they seem to mostly be siding with the husband and trashing her seems... not surprising.

its so much better considering how many years they spent fawning over her every word.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Charlz Guybon posted:

There'll be more money for a glorious Navy and a new empire once that £350 billion the UK sends to Europe every week comes back

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mantis42 posted:

Even the people they like, they hate. Except Trump.

Although, tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if, in a decade, Trump is out of office/dead and no longer brought up as much (thus no longer making libs angry, which is the primary goal) if some freeper just randomly threw out "wow that guy was dumb as hell" and everyone else just like "yeah".
They turned on Dubya literally one hot minute after the election results were announced in November 2008. They'll do the same to Trump, if he leaves office under a cloud (he will).

Freeper-flavor conservatism has always had a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately? quality to it. Turning on Palin is that, enhanced manyfold by Freeper horny and misogyny. I think there's a lot of disappointment/anger towards Palin - they put a lot of love and energy into Palin, hoping she'd be the big leader they've been missing since Reagan's brain fully clogged up, but Palin spent her post-08 time just cashing in, usually in the laziest low-energy way possible.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

its so much better considering how many years they spent fawning over her every word.

The part that's missing is the ones who still beat off to her old pics getting mad at the ones trashing her. Is there any of that? I haven't had any desire to visit FR since we entered the current hell world.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I'm really pleased I learned about this from FReep and you can almost never say that.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012

Zwabu posted:

The part that's missing is the ones who still beat off to her old pics getting mad at the ones trashing her. Is there any of that? I haven't had any desire to visit FR since we entered the current hell world.

The replies in the first couple of threads I quoted were bad enough to spawn a vanity thread defending Sarah’s honor but it quickly devolved into a very boring 300+ comment slap fight.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

VitalSigns posted:

There'll be more money for a glorious Navy and a new empire once that £350 billion the UK sends to Europe every week comes back

What?! I thought they were gonna find the NHS with that money...

e: also welcome back to sharing,McGlockenshire. You were missed.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

quote:

To: prairiebreeze
Another Rat Party operative no doubt. Perhaps the Rats have visions of a Rat Party controlled House *and* Senate in 2021...at which time they're sure to impeach Kavanaugh.
13 posted on 9/14/2019, 9:56:29 PM by Gay State Conservative (A joke: Brennan,Comey and Lynch walk into a Barr...)

quote:

This is where John Roberts asks him to step down...

11 posted on 9/14/2019, 9:54:43 PM by lewislynn (STOP SUPPORTING CHINA! DO IT NOW!)

quote:

To: TexasGurl24
Nader doesn’t have the votes.
Hence this article.

I'm guessing that their fallback plan is that if they can't stop Trump from replacing Ginsburg with a conservative, they will try to remove a conservative that can be replaced with a liberal when the Democrat beats Trump in 2020.

I don't think Trump will lose, but the Democrats would be negligent in their wickedness if they didn't try to set the table that way, just in case something unexpected happens.

-PJ

19 posted on 9/14/2019, 9:59:19 PM by Political Junkie Too (The 1st Amendment gives the People the right to a free press, not CNN the right to the 1st question.)

quote:

Epstein victim is saying she was trafficked to Joe Biden, but we need payattentiontothis.exe

21 posted on 9/14/2019, 10:01:14 PM by AmericanCheeseFood (Fox Shadowbans People On Comments)

quote:

Oh, brother. They are so desperate. And apparently never had any beer parties when they were young adults, either.

The hypocritical left who pushed every sort of hardcore perversion and indecency through the courts and into every movie, bookstore, television show and schoolroom since the 1960s are suddenly a bunch of prudes.

48 posted on 9/14/2019, 11:30:54 PM by Albion Wilde (It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it. --Douglas MacArthur)

quote:

To: libh8er
“Until you counter sue these people with threat of imprisonment, these sort of allegations won’t stop.”
No, what will work is Exile. Exile will be the most potent new weapon of Trump's 2nd term. When Trump threatened The Squat with banishment , he wasn’t joking. It was a trial balloon for the second term:

"There's the federal exile jet, anywhere in the world that will have you. You have no papers; your assets are forfeit. If you set foot on American territory again you will serve your full natural life in prison. Goodbye."

87 posted on 9/15/2019, 9:59:17 AM by StAnDeliver (CNN's Dana B: "Show of hands: Coverage for undocumented immigrants?" ***all Democrat hands raised***)

quote:

To: Texan4Life
There is a prophecy that he will win a 2nd term. There is also another prophecy that he will replace 5 supreme court justices. Another prophecy that abortion ruling roe vs wade will be over-turned.

41 posted on 9/14/2019, 10:58:51 PM by hotdogjones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Must suck to have pudding for brains.