Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
AITA for not letting my son go to his father’s wedding with his mistress?

quote:

My ex husband and I were married for 5 years. 3 years into the marriage I found out he was cheating on me through text messages. He begged me to take him back and that he would never do it again. I took him back more for the sake of our very young son (he was 2 at the the time) We even did marriage counselling. A year later I found out he was still cheating on me with the same girl. I ended it.

I have custody the majority of the time. My ex gets 2 weekends a month. I hate him but I try to keep it civil for the sake of our son and try not to talk badly about him in front of our son. It’s been 8 months since our divorce was finalized and he is getting married to his mistress. Apparently she is pregnant so they are rushing it. Last week he calls me up about the date of the wedding (a date in October) saying he wants our son to be there. The date of the wedding is 1. A weekend I have custody 2. The day of his cousins (my sister’s son) 7th birthday party. My son is very close his cousin and my sister has a fun party she is planning I told my ex there is now way is my son going to the wedding. He said that I was being a bitter bitch. I tell him that if he really wanted his son to be there he would have scheduled the wedding on a weekend he had custody or actually checked with me before booking the date. I’m not changing up my schedule to accommodate a wedding to his mistress. He starts complaining about how that was the only date they could get in short notice and how he can’t change the date because of the venue and how his fiancés parents have already booked their flights to come in and it’s a small wedding and it would be weird for his son not to be there and I’m causing drama for no reason. His mom (who I’ve remained cordial with) then calls me up and begs me to allow my son at the wedding. I say no. My family is on my side but my ex keeps having his family try and beg me to allow our son at the wedding.

AITA here?

Edit: I want to add that I actually did ask my son if he wants to go to his dads wedding or the birthday party. He said the birthday party. There are like 25 kids and they are going to a games arcade. He is very close to his cousin. But my ex says it’s not up to him and he doesn’t know better

quote:

OP tell your ex Son can go to his next wedding.

:kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

QuarkJets posted:

I decided to go to /r/showerorange and while it seems to be mostly sexweirds the second highest-rated post was an attempt to warn people about a certain redditor spreading Avengers Endgame spoilers

so about what I expected

How do you eat an orange in a primal way? Do you peel it with your teeth? Do squeeze it above your open wide mouth? Do you eat it like normal but all while grunting loudly?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

He literally only wants the kid there for optics.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for telling an infertile woman that "fur babies don't count"?

quote:

Alt account. Ya boy done gone made a massive whoopsie.

Basically I [20M] recently started a job where I have mostly female coworkers. Amongst them is a small group who all have young kids around the same age. They go to mum-and-kid activities together, babysit each other's kids, have coffee mornings, hang out at the weekends etc. There is one coworker who has complained to me a few times that she feels deliberately left out by this group. She refers to herself as "mama" and often talks about "the kids", so I assumed she had children of her own and sympathised with her that she was being excluded from the mummy group. However, Friday I asked to see a picture of the kids...and she showed me a photo of three cats. Quickly dawned on me that she's a fur mama with fur babies, which I get bc I love my animals too, but it made it weird to me that she's pissed about being excluded from activities involving actual human children when she has none herself. When she later complained again about not being invited to something I kinda gently said "maybe it's cause they're hanging out with their kids, I don't know if fur babies really count in that context". Coworker got upset and ran out crying.

Turns out, she's infertile and desperately wants kids but can't have them, so her considering her cats as her kids is how she copes. Obviously I feel awful now, I didn't mean to insult her or invalidate her feelings like that. Still I'm saved a little by the fact that I didn't know, right?

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

NTA, you just said to her face what every single woman in the group has said behind her back. And really, it might be for the best if it helps her realize that these women who have bonded over kids will never be willing to bond over her cats in the same way.

Look, it sucks she’s infertile, but no, cats are not the same thing as human kids in this context. There’s no such thing as a play date at the park for cats or babysitting someone else’s cat for a couple hours.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pinecone Sample posted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's more than enough orphans to go around.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

carry a spare pair of underpants in your bag in case you split your pants/go clothes shopping and need to try things on/suddenly find yourself needing to wear a kilt

I hate to be a nerd but you never wear underwear with a kilt :scotland:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Don't take a bath with orange peels. I tried it once after eating an orange in the bath because I thought it would be refreshing but the oils in the peel were extremely unpleasant to soak in. I know it's not the same thing as the shower but I'll just head that one off at the pass.

Next week on Ralph's bathroom follies - waxing your leg hair using duct tape. It works, but ouch!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Don't take a bath with orange peels. I tried it once after eating an orange in the bath because I thought it would be refreshing but the oils in the peel were extremely unpleasant to soak in. I know it's not the same thing as the shower but I'll just head that one off at the pass.

Next week on Ralph's bathroom follies - waxing your leg hair using duct tape. It works, but ouch!

You seem like the sort of person who could make a thread out of stupid life hack/mistakes.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lmao. Doing anal before vaginal sex? Are they Mormons or some such? :laugh:

Could be Catholic.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

My GF showed her boobs to male friend for approval and now changed her mind about getting a boob job

quote:

I (23M) have been dating my girlfriend (22F) for about 1 year now. She has a male friend that she has known since elementary school, let's call him Paul. From all I know, nothing has ever happened between them.

She has always struggled with her body image, especially her boobs. They are on the smaller side, but that's about it, there is nothing wrong with them. I like her the way she is and I've expressed that again and again and again.

She was already saving up and making plans, when she out of nowhere told me that she changed her mind. I mean, I was pleasantly surprised, but this 180 degree shift was pretty untypical for her, so I asked her how she came to this conclusion.

She was noticeably uncomfortable, but tried to explain her decision making process to me. Long story short:

Her friend Paul is very picky and has a history of exclusively dating really attractive women, so if he thinks her boobs are fine, they are probably fine. She trusts him to keep his mouth shut.

So, she shows him her boobs, let's him touch them, he gives positive feedback, she asked him if he was being honest, he confirmed.

She's convinced that he isn't sugarcoating things, because he apparently has a tendency to be brutally honest and she's happy, at least for now.

I'm quite upset about this.

First, how can she assume letting another guy touch her boobs is acceptable? Her justification is that I don't have a problem with stuff like topless sunbathing, which is true, but that's not the same as meeting with a guy 1 on 1 to show him her boobs and letting him feel them for approval.

Second, why would she value his opinion more than mine? When I tell her she's hot, it's whatever, but when Mr. I only gently caress 9s and 10s tells her, it matters?

Third, why wouldn't she ask me before doing it and why was she uncomfortable telling me? Well, because she obviously knew I wouldn't like it and she knows that her sunbathing comparison is BS.

I'm happy that she has decided against the operation, but WTF? I don't know what to make of this.

TL;DR: GF wanted to get a boob job and didn't care that I like her the way she is. She thinks letting her male friend see + touch them for approval is okay. Now that she got his positive feedback, she isn't interested in a boob job anymore.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Miss posted:

My GF showed her boobs to male friend for approval and now changed her mind about getting a boob job

What a way to find out you're the backup plan

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Miss posted:

She wants to be one of the 9s and 10s he screws, if only so she feels better about herself.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lone Goat posted:

lol wait til this guy figures out there's no law that forces men to wear underwear. I've been freeballing since like 2003 and it's magnificent

to preemptively address some frequently asked questions:

be slightly more careful when zipping your fly, it's not difficult

just wipe your rear end better, idiot

carry a spare pair of underpants in your bag in case you split your pants/go clothes shopping and need to try things on/suddenly find yourself needing to wear a kilt

wear a belt/pants that actually fit so your entire crack isn't sticking out

thank you for coming to my Ted talk

This is from a bit back, but I have to point out that your implication that you'd wear underwear with a kilt would probably get you murdered if you ever go to Scotland.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

DemoneeHo posted:

Today my boyfriend went over to my house, I bought him coffee and we started a talk on politics. When we went back to my house he looked me in the eye and said to my face “Pee is stored in the balls.”

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Nurge posted:

This is from a bit back, but I have to point out that your implication that you'd wear underwear with a kilt would probably get you murdered if you ever go to Scotland.

Daft Americans wearing kilts incorrectly is about 20% of Scottish tourism revenue, they’d welcome him with open arms and then charge him £30 for a macaroni pie

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

QuarkJets posted:

lol ex husband just perfectly teed up his ex wife to drop guilt-free, zero calorie drama all over his wedding day lmao

"hey, i know things have been weird for us but i'm giving you this button labeled 'gently caress up my wedding with no consequences', please please please don't push it thanks"

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

How do you eat an orange in a primal way? Do you peel it with your teeth? Do squeeze it above your open wide mouth? Do you eat it like normal but all while grunting loudly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCJ_dUNdCTI

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Oranges can be messy, I'm assuming the idea is to eat it in the shower so you can just absolutely go to town on that fucker without having to worry about leaving a puddle of orange juice around you.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Same person.

Me [30/F] with my BF [32/M] 2 years, takes everything as a personal attack, says I am emotionally abusive

quote:

My boyfriend is extremely sensitive. He also doesn’t seem to handle conflict very well. I cannot bring up any issue without being made to feel like I am being unreasonable. Recently he has told me that I am emotionally abusive and a bully because of the way that I bring things up. I am pretty self-reflective and just don’t see it. I myself have actually been in a very physically and emotionally abusive relationship before and it upsets me that he seems to throw this terminology around so easily. I could just be missing out on how my actions are abusive. Examples are below:

We live together and he invited his brother to spend a week and a half with us for Thanksgiving from another country. We didn’t discuss it first, he just invited him and then told me afterwards. I expressed that I would’ve appreciated it if we would’ve discussed plans together before making them. I was ok that his brother was coming but I really would’ve liked to have been considered. It would’ve been nice for us to make Thanksgiving plans together. This is a pattern of behavior. Sometimes I feel like I don’t even have a voice in our relationship. Boyfriend got mad and accused me of ruining his evening by making the request to be considered. He said that I always make him out to be the villain. I definitely don’t think he’s a villain, I’d just like to be considered in decisions that affect both of us.

We haven’t been having sex as much lately. To be honest, life has been hard and we have been busy. His foreplay is being silly and grabby, which still leads to sex most of the time but also gets annoying and old. I have shared with him that I really love when an intimate/romantic setting is created from time to time. Romantic dinner and conversation, candles, massage, etc. Of course this isn’t every time, just every once in a while. We haven’t even had an actual date in forever. A few weeks ago, I did this for him. We made breakfast together on a lazy Saturday morning and then I lit candles and gave him a massage after he’d had a hot and relaxing shower. We had really fantastic sex! The other day, he was asking me why we haven’t had sex in a while since he’s been showing me that he likes my body by grabbing it and telling me that I am sexy. I told him that I appreciate that and pointed out that we do still have sex but reminded him that I also feel very loved and turned on when we set the stage with quality time together and a romantic setting and maybe we can work on mixing it up more. I reminded him that I’ve told him this before and even showed him a few weeks ago. He got super angry at me for that and says that nothing he does is ever good enough for me.

He stopped wearing deoderant for a time because he wanted to be all natural and is a large man so he would get pretty stinky. I very gingerly encouraged him that it would be a good idea for us to find a natural deodorant. This was after a mutual friend made a comment. He was so mad at me about this and called me a bully who put him down and made him feel bad.

He can be absent minded at times when driving or walking. The other day we were at the mall and he crossed the street very late in front of a car that had already been turning while leaving me on the other side of the street. The driver of the car got angry and gave me a face like, “WTF” and pointed to BF. When I crossed the street to catch up with boyfriend I encouraged him to pay more attention because he had almost gotten hit by the car without even noticing (I didn’t even mention that he had left me behind) and of course, he got angry with me and said that I was always nagging him.

Some of these things could be cultural but simple requests also set him off. He often will just jump out of the car and leave me when we go somewhere. I’ve tried addressing this in a different way, “I love it when you wait for me and we walk places together.” That did work but he still felt criticized by my simple request for him to consider my want. In public, he doesn’t ever say excuse me and just kind of rudely pushes through crowds. I’ve gently suggested that it would be good to say, ‘excuse me’. Met with extreme hurt and anger.

While there isn’t a language barrier between us, English is not my BFs native language so I recognize that he sometimes gets flustered when we are communicating. I kind of feel like that is where the bullying comment comes from because I am pretty clear when he crosses a boundary. “I felt x when you did y, I know it may not have been your intention to hurt me but I would appreciate it if we could treat each other in z way in the future.”

I’ve asked him why he gets so upset, even when I make the simplest request. He told me it’s because he just wants me to be happy and that he wants to make me happy and feels like he doesn’t. He does make me really happy. I’ve expressed that I am sure people get on each other’s nerves in long-term relationships and it’s not the end of the world. That people hurt each other’s feelings all the time without meaning to. And that we can just deal with t and move on. The world doesn’t have to stop turning every single time.

This isn’t an exhaustive list. I also realize that I haven’t given any examples of how much I love and appreciate my bf but I make it a point to encourage him daily and communicate the things that I love about him. I just wanted to focus on my behavior and see if I could get some insight into why he may be accusing me of being abusive or a bully. The above examples have happened over the course of our 2 year relationship, so they aren’t all stacked in a week or anything.

tl;dr: Boyfriend accuses me of being a bully and emotionally abusive. I am confused. I’ve listed examples above of where he believes I’ve displayed such behavior. Can you please provide me some feedback?

Me [32/F] with my BF/Fiancé [33/M] 3 years, asked me to marry him...my response made him feel like less of a man

quote:

Bf asked me to marry him in a very casual way. I am over the moon because we’ve had to work through a lot to get to this place. He’s always been somewhat commitment phobic so this is a big deal.

After he asked, I asked him if we could pick out a ring together. He got really upset with me about this. He suggested that I was high maintenance.

I am so miffed. He did know that a ring would be important to me. We’ve discussed that much before.

We talked about this a little deeper and he admitted to me that my request made him feel like less of a man.

I am trying to be empathetic here but I simply do not understand what he means. But now I am feeling bad like I emasculated him or something.

Money is not really an object for him so I don’t think it’s that.

Tl;dr: Bf, asked me to marry him but was offended and felt emasculated when I asked for a ring. What might I have missed?

This is over the course of a year.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 16, 2019

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Plot twist: the "cultural" aspect here where he's a thin-skinned rear end in a top hat and there's no English language issue is that he's American.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Dazerbeams posted:

AITA For saying a baby cannot come on vacation?

I bolded the parts I thought were valid points.

Lol they're going in 3 weeks when flu season starts. If he wants to be passive aggressive about it just send the sister a video of a baby with whooping cough. If that doesn't work woman is obviously hell-bent on getting a 4th trimester abortion.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Plot twist: the "cultural" aspect here where he's a thin-skinned rear end in a top hat and there's no English language issue is that he's American.

Huh

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!

Ebola Roulette posted:

Lol they're going in 3 weeks when flu season starts. If he wants to be passive aggressive about it just send the sister a video of a baby with whooping cough. If that doesn't work woman is obviously hell-bent on getting a 4th trimester abortion.

Disney might be do appreciable damage to the anti vax movement if they required documentation for admittance. If it's schools, more kids are just gonna get home schooled, but Disney parks seem to attract a similar crazy energy.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Disney might be do appreciable damage to the anti vax movement if they required documentation for admittance

all this would do is generate a cottage industry of Facebook moms forging vaccination cards

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Ebola Roulette posted:

Wasn't there an actual outbreak a few years ago of measles or diphtheria (or some other disease that's mostly-controlled in the USA) which was literally traced directly back to people being exposed to foreign infectious carriers of the disease at Disneyland?

Edit: lol yes there was

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 16, 2019

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pinecone Sample posted:

I kinda want to know more - is the 'small group' a really a majority of the office, or the majority of women in her age group or department? She fight feel isolated and is just clinging to whatever she can to try to have friends at work.

If she can't have kids and desperately wants some, I could see her wanting to join the group to be the cool aunt/babysitter and get some children-by-proxy and gently caress there has to be a better way to phrase that but I can't think of one.

She wasn't wrong for telling her coworker fur babies don't count, because they don't. I'd say she's a teensy bit of an rear end in a top hat for saying it bluntly.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A new front runner for "How little of an excuse do I need to destroy my relationships?"

I(22f) am jealous of my best friend (22f) and I think I just ruined our friendship

quote:

I've known my best friend for around 10 years. My best friend is incredibly beautiful. She has a perfect body she works out and she is just perfect. Hour glass figure, gorgeous curves, perfect boobs, perfect butt, beautiful face, with big beautiful eyes, gorgeous hair, perfect skin, she looks like a goddess. Shes also smart, charming, funny, sweet, kind, thoughtful, confident, assertive, strong seriously she is flawless. I cant find anything wrong with her. Its like god shaped the perfect woman when she was conceived.

You'd think a girl as beautiful as she is would be a stuck up bitch but shes not. When we were in high-school the boys made one of those lists of the hottest to ugliest girls in the school. Well obviously she was number 1 hottest girl in the school. The girl that was ranked ugliest was crushed when she found out. My friend got so mad about it she told off the boys who made the list and spent the whole day consoling the other girl. The rest of our time in high-school she went out of her way to be nice to that girl and include her in things.

I know I shouldn't feel this way about her but I am incredibly, seethingly jealous of her. Shes loving perfect, I'm plain and have bad skin, and am chubby I'm shy and insecure. I feel like I have nothing to offer anyone compared to her. I like to think I am smart but she is too and she is leagues prettier then I am and much more confident. She turns everyone's heads whenever we go anywhere. Men shower her with constant attention, and she complains about it meanwhile I am invisible next to her.

Shes gone through a serious of dates in the last few months and she keeps ending things because she sees red flags, she can have high standards because she can have her pick of any man. I swear there's not a dude alive who wouldn't want to date her. I struggle to be noticed by any man and I haven't been asked out in a year. I get frustrated with her whenever she complains about a bad date because I haven't been on a date in a year.

She's always nice to me and sometimes I wish she would be mean or say something awful to me so I can have a reason to hate her but she never does. Shes never anything but kind and supportive. I don't know whats wrong with me that I am so jealous of her. I've been starting to get bitchy with her and I really shouldn't. Shes never anything but good to me but my jealousy is got the better of me. I get short tempered with her if she complains about bad dates or getting too much attention from men.

The other day I finally blew up at her and told her pretty much all this and you know what she said to me? "I hate that I make you feel that way, I love you and wish I could do something to make you feel better about yourself" then she offered to take me to the gym with her. Here I was being a bitch to her and she was still being nice. I wish she wasn't so loving perfect. I love her and I hate her and I am in awe of her and I am so jealous of her. I know I'm the toxic one. I think I just ruined my friendship with her and it wasn't even her fault. I don't know if I should try and make up with her or just let her find a better friend then me.

TLDR;Best friend is much prettier then I am, my jealousy of her is destroying our friendship.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Could imagine her harping in about her fur babies and every actual mother around her being exhausted

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Dienes posted:

I kinda want to know more - is the 'small group' a really a majority of the office, or the majority of women in her age group or department? She fight feel isolated and is just clinging to whatever she can to try to have friends at work.

If she can't have kids and desperately wants some, I could see her wanting to join the group to be the cool aunt/babysitter and get some children-by-proxy and gently caress there has to be a better way to phrase that but I can't think of one.

She wasn't wrong for telling her coworker fur babies don't count, because they don't. I'd say she's a teensy bit of an rear end in a top hat for saying it bluntly.

There's no tactful way of saying that cats are not humans and that the office moms don't want to hear your story about cleaning the litter box.

She's delusional if she's expecting people to see her as a mother.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

kru posted:

I hate to be a nerd but you never wear underwear with a kilt :scotland:

Nurge posted:

fair enough, I should have said dress/skirt instead.

the only time I've worn a kilt was at my friend's wedding in Canada. he's of Scottish descent, and the entire groom's side was in kilts. maybe at a non wedding situation I'd care less but I didn't need his extended family seeing my balls if I tripped or something. also I didn't want to get rear end sweat on a rented kilt in the middle of summer, those things are fuckin hot.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
There's no coroner's inquest when your fur baby dies in it's sleep so it's clearly not the same as having an actual kid.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dienes posted:

Ok so I don’t say fur babies because that’s just too weird, but I do call my cats my kids because I’m too nutty for kids, as one can tell. Most other women yeah, you can tell when they get miffed at that but I can deal with weird stares vs having to grapple with society shoving traditional motherhood as the key to being a woman past 25 or being tossed aside. The latter is much more a bitter pill to swallow.

We know that cats aren’t real children, but sometimes you need a silly coping mechanism to deal, especially if you’re infertile or have something else going on where you shouldn’t have kids. That woman is aware that fur babies don’t count constantly, she doesn’t need a social troglodyte and bitchy moms to remind her.

She just wants to be seen as a person who can nurture and create loving bonds, she’s just trying to make the best of it. I feel real bad for her because infertility is rough.

teen witch fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 16, 2019

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Pirate Radar posted:

This one is from legaladvice not relationships, but it’s still very much about a relationship

[USA/WA] My roommate cosigned to buy his ex-girlfriend a new rear end.

The good news is that he hasn't found out yet that he is going to have to pay back his HSA/FSA charges because you can't use the funds on a non-spouse/dependent even if cosmetic surgery was covered, which it isn't.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for telling my daughter [26F] that I [55M] will not walk down the aisle with her stepdad [50M].

quote:

My wife and I divorced when my daughter was 6 years old, and my wife had custody of my daughter for the most part since I was too busy working 50 hours a week, she quickly moved on to be with another man 7 years younger than her. I knew from many stories I've heard that my daughter would probably end up being closer to him than me, since not only was our time together very limited but he was a stay at home dad, which means they had plenty of time to bond together which makes me feel sick to this day. This may sound immature but I made her promise to never ever call her stepdad(dad), that I was her only father and to not betray me. But I have no control over what she or they do in their home. Fast forward to now my prediction came through and she's obviously closer to her step dad than me. She has gotten engaged about a year ago and now that the wedding is approaching near(1 month or so) she's now out of the blue told me that she wants both me and her stepdad to walk her down the aisle after promising me I would be the one to do it. Even though I know they're very close, I don't believe he has any right to walk my blood daugther down the aisle. I am her only father, it isn't fair that he got to be with my daugther more than me, her bio dad, and now he wants to take this moment from me too. I got a bit angry and told her I absolutely will not share an honor that is meant for me the actual father of the bride with some guy I barely know. She told me he's done a lot for her growing up and that I'm being petty over something that happened years ago. I told her I wasn't going to argue about it and if she wants her stepdad to walk her she can, but I won't be there to see it.

I was told by a friend of mine who uses this site quite often that many people have gone through something similar to this with their kids or parents, so I wanted to see other people's perspective, on if it's wrong for me to want to be the only one to walk my only daughter down the aisle.

55-year-old man saying "This may sound immature, but I warned my daughter to never betray me."

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Any dudes looking for comfortable "gay" undies should check out TomboyX. Totally worth the money. Also works for women since it's unisex underwear and swimsuits and stuff.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

There's no tactful way of saying that cats are not humans

All you need to do is include some basic acknowledgement of her feelings. This is not actually difficult to do.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

that the office moms don't want to hear your story about cleaning the litter box.

I find this goes both ways when you suggest you don't want to hear the 10th story about changing diapers and cleaning baby puke. Why do people want to discuss the bodily functions of their dependents in the workplace, furry or not?

teen witch posted:

Ok so I don't say fur babies because that's just too weird, but I do call my cats my kids because I'm too nutty for kids, as one can tell. Most other women yeah, you can tell when they get miffed at that but I can deal with weird stares vs having to grapple with society shoving traditional motherhood as the key to being a woman past 25 or being tossed aside. The latter is much more a bitter pill to swallow.

We know that cats aren't real children, but sometimes you need a silly coping mechanism to deal, especially if you're infertile or have something else going on where you shouldn't have kids. That woman is aware that fur babies don't count constantly, she doesn't need a social troglodyte and bitchy moms to remind her.

Yup. I can't have kids but have been fortunate enough to never particularly want any, and have a partner that feels the same. Its bad enough being told you're less of a woman (or not a woman at all), or will never know TRUE happiness/fulfillment, or have less to offer society, etc. without the added stress of actually wanting something you can't have.

Fortunately my coworker moms don't freeze me out because they've discovered someone who does research with kids is a great way to get free babysitting.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for throwing away my daughters vibrator

quote:

I have a 18 year old daughter who lives with me. She’s in college so I let her live here rent free. I also have 3 other children who are 11, 6 and 2. My 11 and 18 year old share a bathroom, and the 6, 2 year old and myself use mine.

My daughters bathroom is currently out of order due to some pipes so we’ve all been sharing mine.

My 18 year old daughter has been taking long long baths lately, and I know why. She’s masturbating. It’s uncomfortable but I want her to know her body.

But she’s been leaving her vibrator on the counter when she leaves my bathroom. I’ve told her 4 separate times she needs to take it with her, because her siblings don’t need to get a hold of it and if she keeps doing this I’m going to get rid of it.

This morning it was once again left on my counter, so I threw it away in the outside trash.

She stormed into my bedroom while I was getting ready yelling at me about how dare I throw away something she paid for with her own money, and I’m just trying to shame her blah blah blah.

It was a relatively expensive vibrator, and I do feel slightly bad about throwing it away instead of just reprimanding her again, but I feel like I had to because she wasnt listening.

AITA for throwing away my daughters vibrator?

ETA: I’m her mom. I’d be loving mortified if I was her father and I knew my teenage daughter was masturbating in my bathtub. My husband and I are divorced.

ETA #2: I thought about hiding it, but I know my child, she would get another one and keep doing it. Doing something extreme like throwing it away was the only way to get my point across. While yes she is an adult and she bought it with her own money, she lives in my house with 0 bills, 0 responsibilities. She goes to school (which I’m SO PROUD of) and she works part time. Other than that, I care for all her needs. This is my house and my young children and she didn’t respect my boundaries I tried to gently but firmly set the first time. Maybe that makes me the rear end in a top hat and I will full heartedly accept that.

Last edit but I’m fixing the bathroom. I’m not just leaving it alone, but it takes a while. This has only been over the course of a week.

Also I don’t think I’m the rear end in a top hat and I think I’m completely justified but I’m not gonna delete the thread because 1) it’s on the front page and 2) there’s some good discussion going on.

Also, i am 35 years old. I had my eldest daughter at 17. I’m not some old rear end boomer. I’m pretty young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

teen witch posted:

Ok so I don’t say fur babies because that’s just too weird, but I do call my cats my kids because I’m too nutty for kids, as one can tell. Most other women yeah, you can tell when they get miffed at that but I can deal with weird stares vs having to grapple with society shoving traditional motherhood as the key to being a woman past 25 or being tossed aside. The latter is much more a bitter pill to swallow.

We know that cats aren’t real children, but sometimes you need a silly coping mechanism to deal, especially if you’re infertile or have something else going on where you shouldn’t have kids. That woman is aware that fur babies don’t count constantly, she doesn’t need a social troglodyte and bitchy moms to remind her.

She just wants to be seen as a person who can nurture and create loving bonds, she’s just trying to make the best of it. I feel real bad for her because infertility is rough.

on the plus side for cat lady, her fur babies will probably live out their natural lifespans before being drafted into a ground war for control of one of the few remaining unspoiled aquifers so that’s something