Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I signed up to volunteer for Bernie this Sunday and for the field about any organizational affiliations i had i put C-Spam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

oh god please let fox news air this information

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
obama netflix is all anyone can talk about anymore

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

triple sulk posted:

it's upsetting that even aoc is on the wrong side of this impeach kav stance unless it comes with the caveat of "do it when it's actually opportune"

why the everliving gently caress are they trying to push for this now, stop giving the gop a chance to pick another chud you loving idiots

Get this it literally dosen't matter.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

loving hell

remove the speaker imo

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

LOCK HER UP for obstruction of justice

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

I'm running this monkey farm now frankenstein

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

it's upsetting that even aoc is on the wrong side of this impeach kav stance unless it comes with the caveat of "do it when it's actually opportune"

why the everliving gently caress are they trying to push for this now, stop giving the gop a chance to pick another chud you loving idiots

Getting anything to actually happen would be good regardless of timing and they can just impeach the next chud too

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

she is garbage

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

triple sulk posted:

Impeachment? That thing that has to go through the senate?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
democrats are on the perma defensive instead offense which is why nothing will change except more death and misery that is going to pile up for nothing instead of a cause

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shovelbum posted:

Getting anything to actually happen would be good regardless of timing and they can just impeach the next chud too

let's assume for sake of argument that the replacement has a clean record

aside from "trump was prez and lovely and corrupt" what gives them grounds to do it then

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Squinky v2.0 posted:

obama netflix is all anyone can talk about anymore

This thread is saying it more and more, perhaps more than ever

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

triple sulk posted:

Obviously Kavanaugh isn't going to get impeached by the people who just confirmed him into his position. Nobody is trying to make that happen because it's not going to happen. They're talking about it now because they think it's a good issue that riles up voters and pesters the republican party, and because it looks weird to wait 2 years to get upset about the new allegation.

Everyone understands that impeaching kavanaugh isn't remotely possible until/unless the democrats win in 2020

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol: the witch hunt continues

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

no way to impeach says country where president regularly commits impeachable offenses

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Obviously Kavanaugh isn't going to get impeached by the people who just confirmed him into his position. Nobody is trying to make that happen because it's not going to happen. They're talking about it now because they think it's a good issue that riles up voters and pesters the republican party, and because it looks weird to wait 2 years to get upset about the new allegation.

Everyone understands that impeaching kavanaugh isn't remotely possible until/unless the democrats win in 2020

this whole political calculus is such a thirdwayist shlock

keep telling yourself this that its all a chess board and action should only be taken if there is a gain to maintain the status quo that keeps perpetuating this.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

mad.radhu posted:

I'm running this monkey farm now frankenstein

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

lmao loving what?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Civilized Fishbot posted:

they should stop framing it as "do it now" because let's say it somehow does get momentum and the gop capitulates, since it could actually be in their interests to do so and force trump to put someone else in who has a non-rape record and then oops no reason to remove them at that point

frame it as "we need the president and senate majority in january 2021, put them all on a clock and get the votes to do it" rather than act like they have any power at all

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Chiquita banana chiquita banana obamaaaaa

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

The dems are wisely investing their political capital! If the political market keeps booming, soon they'll have doubled or even tripled their capital. There's no way this plan can fail!

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

the calculus of... attacking your opponents?

triple sulk posted:

they should stop framing it as "do it now" because let's say it somehow does get momentum and the gop capitulates, since it could actually be in their interests to do so and force trump to put someone else in who has a non-rape record and then oops no reason to remove them at that point

frame it as "we need the president and senate majority in january 2021, put them all on a clock and get the votes to do it" rather than act like they have any power at all

Where do you see people saying "do it now"? I haven't seen anyone suggest asking the republicans to impeach their own judge. Obviously it isn't going to happen now. Do you really want everyone to say "but obviously it can't be done now, but you know, once it's doable, let's get around to doing it?" That should go without saying.

and in your insane hypothetical world where the GOP just throws kavanaugh overboard for no reason, that's excellent for the democrats because it's a huge civil war among the republican party

Civilized Fishbot has issued a correction as of 16:10 on Sep 16, 2019

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/bizmarkiedesade/status/1173465469476433920

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
can't wait to see whose side trump takes in the GM v UAW dispute

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

pelosi's strategy seems to be tell the people who want to impeach trump that they're doing that and tell the people who don't want to that they're not

it is.................... not great

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

lmao loving what?

being reactive instead of proactive is how we got into this dumpster fire, largely ignoring the will of the people because internals look better on a spreadsheet based on some cognitive biases and antiquated methods catering to the olds and donors. It's too risky apparently to do anything, if it will look like they will lose the political sportsball instead of doing it on principle and on record. You basically force the issue and if it doesn't get resolved, then that just adds more pressure because then you can actually put blame on those who failed to act instead of just hem-hawing and trying to figure out republican motives when we all know what republican motives are, but can't be proven otherwise because nobody is forcing them to make the error. They're just letting it happen with zero accountability.

sullat posted:

The dems are wisely investing their political capital! If the political market keeps booming, soon they'll have doubled or even tripled their capital. There's no way this plan can fail!

the bipartisan marketplace of ideas has accepted a serial sexual assaulter for president and SCOTUS

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

can't i just inject caulk into my butt cheeks?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

shovelbum posted:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

pelosi's strategy seems to be tell the people who want to impeach trump that they're doing that and tell the people who don't want to that they're not

it is.................... not great

I mean it worked out great for Lincoln!

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1173524171801972737?s=20

TRUMP

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Alpha Centauri posted:

can't wait to see whose side trump takes in the GM v UAW dispute

:lol: He'll send in the national guard

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Thank you ms pelosi for being proactive instead of reactive, if we impeached trump they would replace him with someone worse

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Nukes to Saudi A! posted:

I signed up to volunteer for Bernie this Sunday and for the field about any organizational affiliations i had i put C-Spam

you think we're organized?

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

i need to see video of this

because its so loving funny

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

democrats are on the perma defensive instead offense which is why nothing will change except more death and misery that is going to pile up for nothing instead of a cause

have been feeling all last week like warren is gonna get the nomination and then mondale the gently caress out of the general election and then we either all die or we get eco-stalin in 2024

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

being reactive instead of proactive is how we got into this dumpster fire, largely ignoring the will of the people because internals look better on a spreadsheet based on some cognitive biases and antiquated methods catering to the olds and donors. It's too risky apparently to do anything, if it will look like they will lose the political sportsball instead of doing it on principle and on record.
Wait are you pro or against impeaching kavanaugh because I thought you were arguing the latter.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk posted:

let's assume for sake of argument that the replacement has a clean record

aside from "trump was prez and lovely and corrupt" what gives them grounds to do it then

It will be an election year so merrick garland rules apply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!
:guinness:
https://twitter.com/TalbertSwan/status/1173162291438739456