Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

colachute posted:

I ask that question because once the old guard retires it seems like all of the good QBs (except a few) will be really young. Which is pretty cool.

do you really think tom brady will ever retire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

my secret wish is that once the ben, eli, rivers, brees, brady era QBs retire they clamp down on the passing game and give the defense a chance to play again.

Of course that won't happen :smith:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

FizFashizzle posted:

my secret wish is that once the ben, eli, rivers, brees, brady era QBs retire they clamp down on the passing game and give the defense a chance to play again.

Of course that won't happen :smith:

Did you watch the Superbowl, it was awful

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/1173654831594201091

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Mahomes getting the Brady treatment already smh (roughing the passer)

https://twitter.com/SGafety/status/1173650232023949314

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
News:

Views: Broncos hosed up, Barrett has more sacks than Von and Chubb combined.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The most surprising thing is a Raider leading the AFC in sacks

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

My guess is that they will tone down the roughing the passer calls around weeks 4-5 like they did last year. Amazing they continue to miss serious roughing calls like that hit to the head of wilson yesterday

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cams dead, baby. Cams dead.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
If the Giants were waiting for the right time to start Jones, it's now.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1173645481563631617?s=20

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Blitz7x posted:

Mahomes getting the Brady treatment already smh (roughing the passer)

https://twitter.com/SGafety/status/1173650232023949314

This is textbook landing with his full bodyweight on top of the QB.

You can argue that Jones should have been flagged last week but that play was a TD and the penalty wouldn't have counted anyway. :shrug:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I understand not hitting defenseless players but why is that the line when it comes to putting your body weight on a player? Does it hurt more to have 300lbs come down on you when you’re throwing the ball than it does when you’re a runner? Why don’t teams get penalties when there’s a pile of players fighting for a fumble? Someone is at the bottom of those piles, after all.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Because people tune in to watch the elite QBs

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/pff_steve/status/1173651311306444802?s=21

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:hmmyes:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Don't try to retcon the situation that the whole world knew THIS level of grossness and awfulness.

They knew about the rape allegations, which were way worse, and still defiantly started AB in a game that they didn't even need him in. Belichik is loving gross dude. A repulsive little man in every way

The NFL also made sure to mention AB's stats and show AB's touchdown in every single highlight tape despite other players making better and more plays. The whole thing is disgusting and it disturbs me to watch. It's similar to watching TV commentators saying the word Redskins, it's like they're off in their own little world where things like serious rape allegations and obvious racism mean absolutely nothing

Rad Valtar posted:

Also I don’t know who’s worse Trubisky or Flacco. Probably Flacco but at least they know he’s not the future unlike the Bears who are delusional if the think Trubisky should play the rest of the year.

Flacco had 282 passing yards at 70 percent completion. Trubisky, who had 120 yards and a sub-60% completion percentage was much, much worse. So bad that the fact he won that game after playing so badly was actually record-breaking in itself

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Now Ben can have more time to pursue his true passion: rape.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Play posted:

Flacco had 282 passing yards at 70 percent completion. Trubisky, who had 120 yards and a sub-60% completion percentage was much, much worse. So bad that the fact he won that game after playing so badly was actually record-breaking in itself

Flacco won't win or lose you games.

Trubisky won't win you games.

There's a difference here

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

At least Flacco is getting the moral victory over Trubisky. I’m sure he would take that over the W and Trubisky’s stat line.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Because people tune in to watch the elite QBs

Trevor Siemian is starting MNF a game espn has paid 30 million bucks to air.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

This seems like it’s pretty damning of the stat if most of these teams wind up with a 6-10 or better record.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
So assuming Ben never takes another snap, he's probably HoF bound right?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

unless we find out about the rape prison before then. The NFL will leave him in otherwise.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

We had the bodyweight penalty discussion last year and it was pretty evenly split between dipshits that don't understand physics and extravagantly wrinkled brain havers that argued that it was a dumb rule. It's like dragging your bed into the front yard and powerbombing it from the roof vs just laying on top of it.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

King Hong Kong posted:

This seems like it’s pretty damning of the stat if most of these teams wind up with a 6-10 or better record.

Definitely damning of the stat in the first 2 weeks being very predictive, yeah.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

King Hong Kong posted:

DVOA is analysis on past games, it's not supposed to be predictive afaik

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I would assume so but other people have a better handle on what it takes to get in, personally i don't really give many fucks about the hall of fame because the standards are constantly changing and a lot of it is subjective and a bit of a popularity contest

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sourdough posted:

Definitely damning of the stat in the first 2 weeks being very predictive, yeah.

Yeah, for example, that 2nd place 2001 Washington team? Yeah, they started Jeff George for those 2 games and lost them a combined 67-3 before replacing him with Tony Banks, losing 3 more by incrementally smaller margins, then rolled off 6 of 7 wins because Marty Schottenheimer is a good coach

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Play posted:

Gonna add onto this a bit, before the last pass of the game Trubisky hadn't even broken 100 yards passing.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Did we already talk about how there is a second accusation about AB?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

"There's Jeff Leung of Aqua World Pet Super Center who is contemplating suing Brown for $2,000 he never paid when Leung installed a 220-gallon tank in Brown's residence and filled it with piranha. The piranha died because Brown failed to clean the tank."

Monster

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Remember when a guy body slammed a woman on a bed of rifles and he still played?

This isn’t a *~*Patriots*~* or Belichick problem. This is an NFL problem. Pinning the blame on just the team that facilitated it is why the NFL doesn’t give a poo poo to really stop it.

Stop watching, because as long as people watch you’re gonna have rapists playing.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

colachute posted:

Remember when a guy body slammed a woman on a bed of rifles and he still played?

This isn’t a *~*Patriots*~* or Belichick problem. This is an NFL problem. Pinning the blame on just the team that facilitated it is why the NFL doesn’t give a poo poo to really stop it.

Stop watching, because as long as people watch you’re gonna have rapists playing.

It's still gross and they should cut him.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's still gross and they should cut him.

I 100% agree. But that doesn’t change the fact that if he’s cut, there will be a rapist playing some other week.

This is how the NFL is. And we support it whether we admit it or not.

Nov 6, 2002

colachute posted:

I 100% agree. But that doesn’t change the fact that if he’s cut, there will be a rapist playing some other week.

This is how the NFL is.

If they cut him this week he'd probably be on another roster by next weekend.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

colachute posted:

This is how the NFL is. And we support it whether we admit it or not.

all it takes is a team or two to take a moral stand and say that some things are too serious and are beyond football. there are coaches who would've gotten rid of him already, for sure. bill isn't one of them because he's a bad person

saying oh it's just the NFL at fault means totally abdicating responsibility from all the coaches and front office people in the teams themselves, which is bullshit

Nov 6, 2002

Play posted:

all it takes is a team or two to take a moral stand

lol nope.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

regardless of what happens to that player, a team could at least say that they aren't going to have someone like that on their team. that means something in itself. it's not that hard, and there are teams that would do it in this situation. the patriots aren't one of them

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Play posted:

regardless of what happens to that player, a team could at least say that they aren't going to have someone like that on their team. that means something in itself. it's not that hard, and there are teams that would do it in this situation. the patriots aren't one of them

And then another team will sign him even though someone took a moral stand. Because this is a league wide issue. You just seem to hate the Patriots and want to make it a Belichick issue.

If Belichick took a stand and cut him, the problem doesn’t go away.

Nov 6, 2002

Play posted:

Yes, I think we've established that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Bye Ben go away forever

Come back soon tyreek hill 😍😍😍