Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

good reminder text

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Sampatrick posted:

I think Drown in the Loch is good in every situation so long as you are able to trade your cards for your opponent's cards. It's good with Thought Erasure, it's good with Tyrant's Scorn, it's good with Witch's Vengeance, etc. I think if you are jumping through hoops to make it good then you're doing it wrong. Just play a normal UB Control deck and slot Drown in the Loch as a flexible card that is busted the later the game goes. Play it alongside stuff like Hero of Precinct One or Thief of Sanity. Card is just super good and flexible.

Did Murderous Cut see much play in standard? That's the closest analogue I have think of offhand, a card does nothing early but is really cheap late.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

Did Murderous Cut see much play in standard? That's the closest analogue I have think of offhand, a card does nothing early but is really cheap late.

It did!

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Cut saw play, Tasigur saw play, but they were never played in large quantities because they didn't play well in large numbers. Loch is of course not the same but it's such a powerful interaction and I think especially playing it with Thief of Sanity and Hero of Precinct One will be worthwhile.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
My frame of reference is necrotic wound... but maybe there were other problems with that one.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

No Wave posted:

My frame of reference is necrotic wound... but maybe there were other problems with that one.

it requires creatures and therefore doesn't work with thoughtseize or fetchlands

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Arcum’s Astrolabe would be a staple and a 20 dollar card

please god no not another astrolabe format

LifeLynx posted:

$300 for a playset of Chalice of the Void. How did that card get so out of hand?

it was a rare in mirrodin, a rare in modern masters 1, and a mythic rare in masters 25, so blame wotc

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I think Drown in the Loch is probably worth playing, but it's not an easy substitution for 3 mana counters, and it doesn't play the roles of 2 mana removal or 2 mana counter. I also like Vantress Gargoyle pretty well as a speedbump/threat, and they play pretty well together.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

Dude I love you but I really need that Duelist scan with the OG trade sharking article like you would not believe.

Here you go. The title aged extra well. You were also correct about the issue it's in (#4)

https://imgur.com/a/8b1ogFa

@xarph, if this quality is acceptable I'll make some time and go through the whole stack I have one evening when I'm bored.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Gotta love the ubiquitous mid-90s Exocet font

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Osmosisch posted:

Here you go. The title aged extra well. You were also correct about the issue it's in (#4)

https://imgur.com/a/8b1ogFa

@xarph, if this quality is acceptable I'll make some time and go through the whole stack I have one evening when I'm bored.

The background for this makes me want to tear out my eyes

apparently this is just a weird rendering thing that happens when you don't enlarge it to max first

shades of blue fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 16, 2019

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

This guy is like 1 CMC too high at a little light on keywords to merit serious consideration in the kind of deck he wants, IMO. Which is fine not everything has to be pushed to the max, someone will play this in kitchen table knights.dec and have a ball.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Sampatrick posted:

Cut saw play, Tasigur saw play, but they were never played in large quantities because they didn't play well in large numbers. Loch is of course not the same but it's such a powerful interaction and I think especially playing it with Thief of Sanity and Hero of Precinct One will be worthwhile.

Yeah but Tasigur was a mid/end game finisher and card advantage engine, not a utility removal piece, so you can't really compare the two.

Thief of Sanity and to a lesser extent Bell Haunt play well with Loch but I'm not sure if that's enough. Esper mana is going to be much harder with checklands rotating, since many more of your lands will etb tapped or you have to play more basics.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

This guy is like 1 CMC too high at a little light on keywords to merit serious consideration in the kind of deck he wants, IMO. Which is fine not everything has to be pushed to the max, someone will play this in kitchen table knights.dec and have a ball.

Prob mostly for the limited, it's a bigger Inspiring Unicorn from GRN that is more likely to survive combat. Even at a kitchen table you'll have better options for knights in constructed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the story of eldraine is out right? so did the realm or the wilds win?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
WotC added some higher cost creatures from past sets to Arena to diversify top end threats on momir.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

moush posted:

WotC added some higher cost creatures from past sets to Arena to diversify top end threats on momir.

grieselbrand too

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Add Kaladesh and Amonkhet to momir you cowards!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

is this better than Dire Fleet Poisoner? We'll see!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Add Phage to make it real momir.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Elyv posted:

cool art

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Elyv posted:

It is a LOT better. 3/1 is so much better than 2/2 in an aggro deck, and it has no timing restrictions on the Deathtouch, only type (which ideally wouldn't matter in Knights).

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Can target itself on defense to 1for1 with upside against anything without first strike.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

poisoner has native deathtouch to block as well though

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Elyv posted:

It's a 3/1 and knight is a better type than pirate.

Too bad Knights have worthy knight and inspiring veteran, eh?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Elyv posted:

poisoner has native deathtouch to block as well though
this is the real answer. poisoner's text is way better though knights is likely to be a much stronger tribal.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I’m tired of using my Ultrapro bald Teferi playmat like a normie, where can I get a sick playmat to fool people into thinking I have a personality?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

No Wave posted:

this is the real answer. poisoner's text is way better though knights is likely to be a much stronger tribal.

"Likely" nothing, worthy knight and inspiring veteran are incredible, vernerable knight and freverent champion are hella 1 drops, nice 3 drops like murderous rider, skyknight legionnaire, and belle of the brawl, and utility plays like embreth shieldbreaker and wintermoor cavalier.

And if God allows you to splash green, knight of autumn.

fadam posted:

I’m tired of using my Ultrapro bald Teferi playmat like a normie, where can I get a sick playmat to fool people into thinking I have a personality?
Edit it.

Pompadour Teferi.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
drat, it’s a good time to want to play Yuriko EDH I guess

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Cup of Erebos

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Ah, Vilis' sippy cup.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

fadam posted:

Have your tried the coloring placemats from your local pizzeria? They seem like your speed.

Failing that, https://www.inkedgaming.com

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

fadam posted:

commission custom art of Teferi making out with a younger version of himself

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

"Likely" nothing, worthy knight and inspiring veteran are incredible, vernerable knight and freverent champion are hella 1 drops, nice 3 drops like murderous rider, skyknight legionnaire, and belle of the brawl, and utility plays like embreth shieldbreaker and wintermoor cavalier.

And if God allows you to splash green, knight of autumn.

Edit it.

Pompadour Teferi.

That cup definitely looks like it could be of the void. Waste of art imo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

JerryLee posted:

commission custom art of Teferi making out with a younger version of himself

How do people find artists to do custom art for playmats and poo poo? I might thrown some paper down to get something funny.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

This seems really good to me. I can't think of a good target offhand other than skelemental, and there are better ways to get that back but yeah. Maybe an adventure card, or a creature with that alternate cost that sacs it immediately?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I dont think they had to make cauldron quite that bad but what do I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

RIP Footbottom Feast too beautiful for this world