Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
He already had the chance to slip dino the tongue and didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

mikeycp posted:

You probably won't get to kiss dino there though

I'm going to the next DDT Korakuen for my birthday and my friends were pretty insistent on getting ringside seats even when I said the view from the orange seats is better so I'm paranoid they've made some sort of deal with Dino.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm going to the next DDT Korakuen for my birthday and my friends were pretty insistent on getting ringside seats even when I said the view from the orange seats is better so I'm paranoid they've made some sort of deal with Dino.

embrace it. accept his love into your heart.

and your mouth

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

In a move I'm not sure is brave or stupid, NOAH have booked Korakuen Hall two days in a row on January 4th and 5th directly against Wrestle Kingdom.

I guess that's one way to make sure the annoying Bullet Clubbaloes don't ruin your show.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
1/5 is clever - it’s what Tokyo Joshi have done well on 1/4 the last few years; piggybacking off the Dome to get a big crowd and perhaps make some new fans. The 1/4 I don’t think is as dumb as it looks on paper - you have to think that building rental is cheap at that time for obvious reasons; and you can make money off of small attendances there (Stardom cover building rental just on front row sales for example) so even if they only get 600 people who want wrestling but not New Japan then it might be successful financially; if not the best look.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Even the 1.5 show will run into the WK preshow unless it's incredibly short. I think they're between a rock and a hard place with their traditional 1.6 date falling on a Monday where everyone will be back at work mostly on their first day back. I think giving up the foreigner boost and whatever crossover fans go to NJPW in exchange for first and foremost NOAH fans who wouldn't be able to make it on a working day probably makes sense, especially given those people are more likely to buy the ringside seats where they make the most profit. Throw in the publicity from running against a Dome show and it's sensible even.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/1171819300530921473

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

In a move I'm not sure is brave or stupid, NOAH have booked Korakuen Hall two days in a row on January 4th and 5th directly against Wrestle Kingdom.

Why not both?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Unfortunately, as amazing as it is on paper, in reality it's just... The novelty of UD in DG has worn off and now it's just Ultimo Dragon, not particularly good at fast paced wrestling anymore.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
for All Japan he'd basically been relegated to working the Dad Comedy matches with Fuchi which worked I think but not necessarily is the sort of thing that people would expect in Dragon Gate.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
He’s definitely decreasing returns and I’m not super excited about him having to do RED brawls on the outside.

Think he’s doing training and probably will get cycled down to openers after this run with Yoshino and Dragon Kid is done. He’s not any worse than Yasushi Kanda in 2019 or whatever the shell of K-ness is around between injuries. So I’m fine with it.

This pretty much was how things were going to be when he showed up in June. He wasn’t going to just one offs when he basically has been doing nothing in all japan like you mentioned (toryumon Mexico has been dead for years).

I’m indifferent as long as he isn’t involved with the booking. The UD-booked parts of toryumon were a collective trainwreck.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Full card for Sunday's BJW Death Vegas in Yokohama

Takuho Kato and Akira Hyodo vs Masaki Morihiro and Kosuke Sato
Abdullah Kobayashi, Hideki Suzuki, Orca Uto, Drew Parker and Shinobu vs Frank Atushi, Kazuki Hashimoto, Tatsuhiko Yoshino, Kota Sekifuda and Koju Takeda
Ryuji Ito and Yuko Miyamoto vs Masashi Takeda and Takumi Tsukamoto vs Masaya Takahashi and Takayuki Ueki vs Kankuro Hoshino and Yuki Ishikawa
TAJIRI defends the junior title against Yuya Aoki
Yuji Okabayashi, Ryota Hama and Yasufumi Nakanoue vs Ryuichi Kawakami, Kazumi Kikuta and Daichi Hashimoto
Daisuke Sekimoto and the Bodyguard vs Takuya Nomura and Fuminori Abe in a Saikyo Tag League match
Kohei Sato defends the Strong world title against Hideyoshi Kamitani
Isami Kodaka defends the Death Match title against Toshiyuki Sakuda in a fluorescent lighttubes scaffold match

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bodyguard! Hell yeah!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:smith: tenryu no

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1172081560880742401

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

took a mini break from wrestling last week and caught up on the N-1. nothing really jumped out at first. Takashi Sugiura's match vs. Alexander Hammerstone was pretty decent. the more I see Hammerstone, i realize i don't dislike the guy, but the best way for me to describe him is the type of wrestler I thought Lance Archer was gonna be in the G1. Hammerstone's agile, does the heel stuff, and is a powerhouse, but i'm just 100 times more interested when his opponent gets on the offensive.

nothing jumped out that is until i saw the Sugiura v. Naomichi Marufuji match from the Sept. 7th show and gently caress that match ruled. Sugiura's suplexes, Marufuji's kicks, and the mat wrestling just wow wow. watching Sugiura for the first time ever and learning his moves so i get excited for his corner spear only for Marufuji to counter it with his knees is just mwah perfecto. Marufuji kicking through Sugiura's legs to kick him in the face ruled a lot too. Also Marufuji's selling on that first standing front guillotine was great and the second one guillotine into the rolling one was really awesome.

sorry Masaaki Mochizuki, but I think Sugiura is my new favorite old man Japanese wrestler??

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sugiura was neck and neck with Masashi Takeda for best title run of last year and probably best wrestler of last year too. It was funny seeing all the western puro fans complain when Kenoh dropped the belt to him and a bunch of them even stop watching NOAH for him to make them regret their words and deeds. Really looking forward to the N1 finals. The Nakajima/Kenoh and Sugiura/Go matches from the block finals that haven't aired yet loving ruled.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

god that rules. i am ready to just inject everything Sugiura into my veins. it blew my mind when i found out he had open heart surgery a few years ago moments after i watched him eat a Spanish fly off the top rope. Nakajima/Kenoh and Sugiura/Go sound like they will be absolutely fantastic. I saw the N-1 finals card and it looks absolutely nuts. i haven't caught any of the non-tournament participant matches, so i'm excited to see their junior division and everyone else.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If you can find it, track down Sugiura vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima for the GHC from last year. It was the best match of the year imo. Nakajima looked like an absolute killer. Like an extended pro wrestling version of The Mountain vs. The Viper from A Game of Thrones.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

He’s definitely decreasing returns and I’m not super excited about him having to do RED brawls on the outside.

Think he’s doing training and probably will get cycled down to openers after this run with Yoshino and Dragon Kid is done. He’s not any worse than Yasushi Kanda in 2019 or whatever the shell of K-ness is around between injuries. So I’m fine with it.

This pretty much was how things were going to be when he showed up in June. He wasn’t going to just one offs when he basically has been doing nothing in all japan like you mentioned (toryumon Mexico has been dead for years).

I’m indifferent as long as he isn’t involved with the booking. The UD-booked parts of toryumon were a collective trainwreck.

lol i watched and wrote a review of that korakuen today and my fears about booking seems validated with how much of a mess it and sendai were.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

So last night Puma brought the DDT Ironman heavymetalweight title to the AAA show in NYC. Here's the Twitter thread of the title changes. It's amazing

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1173440717198221312?s=19

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Is the 8/31 show up on AJPW.tv?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ikemen is moving to America.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lenny Leonard's doing English commentary live in Japan for Dragon Gate's Gate of Destiny in November

https://twitter.com/WWNLennyLeonard/status/1173974046226178049

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Chris James 2 posted:

Lenny Leonard's doing English commentary live in Japan for Dragon Gate's Gate of Destiny in November

https://twitter.com/WWNLennyLeonard/status/1173974046226178049

he was the first choice for kobe world, but had an obligation so gave rich bocchini the opportunity. it's probably lenny/larry dallas for this and maybe final gate. love lenny, he's the best option (and deserves a lot better than wwn stuff), and knows dragon gate intimately.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lenny's the greatest commentator to come out of the post ECW indies landscape. He was the reason I sat through so many terrible WWN shows because he made them interesting.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Ikemen is moving to America.

But will it be North or South Florida?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tokyo Sports say WWE.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Man, I really don't want to be one of the twitter doomsayers and if it's what he wants to do, it's what he wants to do, but I can't imagine WWE not completely wasting Ikemen.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

say some doom it feels great

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, WWE seems like a particularly ill fit. His ceiling would be the Fashion Police's buddy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they'll make him take the jacket off when he wrestles so there's no point, really.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hassy0924/status/1174928569954291714?s=19

NOAH have unveiled the new GHC title to be awarded to the winner of Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Kenoh at Sumo Hall on November 2nd, sweeping away the last remaining aspect of the Misawa-era aesthetic.

They also announced a second match for that Sumo Hall show in Naomichi Marufuji vs. The Great Muta.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

the green on the back (at least i assume that's green) is a nice touch. kind of has that IWGP face plate minus the gems.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

get that gold Kenoh

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
let's go Kaito

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Asuka/Takeshita rivalry has gone to a strange place.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
:stare:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Seikimoto signed to BJW or is he just a loyal freelancer?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

DDT is the horniest promotion and it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is Seikimoto signed to BJW or is he just a loyal freelancer?

Signed, he's been there twenty years this year.