Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
How's the missing indiginous women inquiry going? Oh right, the liberals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Good cop or bad cop, all cops are bastards

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've listened to the northwest passage cover like 500 times now and i wish UTA would do an entire canadian folk cover album.

"well the girls are out to bingo and the boys are gettin stinko and we'll think no more of Inco on a sudbury saturday night" meedlymeedlymeedlymeedlyMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Overt is really the keyword

yes, yes it is.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Imagine Brittney Slayes belting out "the ship was the pride of the american side coming back from some mill in wisconsin"

loving goosebumps

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
iirc the official song of canpol is still barrett's privateers

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

infernal machines posted:

God drat them all, i was told we'd cruise the seas for American gold, we'd fire no guns, shed no tears, but I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier. :smith:

Maybe our national anthem could be a de-queenified cover of "Maple Leaf Forever" by UTA

quote:

Our fair Dominion now extends
From Cape Race to Nootka Sound;
May peace forever be our lot,
And plenteous store abound:
And may those ties of love be ours
Which discord cannot sever,
And flourish green o'er freedom's home
The Maple Leaf forever!

sure less dumb than "in all of us command"

Powershift has issued a correction as of 23:33 on Sep 16, 2019

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

that does strengthen the case for G&M being our NYT, though

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Powershift posted:

Imagine Brittney Slayes belting out "the ship was the pride of the american side coming back from some mill in wisconsin"

loving goosebumps

i'm in.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I'm big into voting but it's honestly very hard to justify voting in the federal election. I don't want to vote for Trudeau, but voting conservative is worse. The NDP don't stand a chance, so if I want to vote left-wise at all I have to vote liberal. The local Communist Party is run by a certified dingus so that's out, too.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/LeviNilson/status/1173745669279891456

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

just decline your ballot which will take 15 minutes as you explain to the old person who volunteered with elections Canada that it is a thing you can do

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

my morning jackass posted:

just decline your ballot which will take 15 minutes as you explain to the old person who volunteered with elections Canada that it is a thing you can do

I did this once and wound up arguing about my right to do so with an elections worker I realized mid-sentence was mildly intellectually challenged. I felt like a complete rear end and have voted every year since.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

who was really challenged bill? makes you think

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

autism ZX spectrum posted:

I'm big into voting but it's honestly very hard to justify voting in the federal election. I don't want to vote for Trudeau, but voting conservative is worse. The NDP don't stand a chance, so if I want to vote left-wise at all I have to vote liberal. The local Communist Party is run by a certified dingus so that's out, too.

the Liberal Party of Canada is a right wing party. There is only one viable left leaning federal party in Canada

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

who was really challenged bill? makes you think

And then, I turned on my monitor

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

and everybody stood up and clapped

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Another Bill posted:

I did this once and wound up arguing about my right to do so with an elections worker I realized mid-sentence was mildly intellectually challenged. I felt like a complete rear end and have voted every year since.

The system works!

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I feel like that whole "People Eating Tasty Ballots" thing would still be harder for election workers to cope with, yet involve much less arguing. Or just leave with it.

Throws their counts out of balance!

(The Edible Ballot Society, my bad)

James Baud has issued a correction as of 01:30 on Sep 17, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Juul-Whip posted:

the Liberal Party of Canada is a right wing party. There is only one viable left leaning federal party in Canada

Wait, which one is that

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Ah for just one time,

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Powershift posted:

Wait, which one is that

The Marxist-leninists

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Reality Sinner posted:

The Marxist-leninists

Aren't they pro-pipeline too?

Which political party has addressed people who's living situation doesn't support home ownership, or the exploitation of the gig economy, or arbitration clauses in employment contracts? I want to hear about that one

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Powershift posted:

Aren't they pro-pipeline too?

quote:

HALT CLIMATE CHANGE

Emergency legislation to slash carbon emissions and end carbon credits.
Nationalize energy and natural resources.
Develop solar, wind, geothermal, hydro and other renewables.
Close the tarsands and associated pipelines, and guarantee jobs at equivalent wages to laid-off workers.
Ban fracking.
Impose heavy fines and jail terms on polluters.

Powershift posted:

Which political party has addressed people who's living situation doesn't support home ownership,

quote:

Build 1 million units of social housing.

Powershift posted:

or the exploitation of the gig economy, or arbitration clauses in employment contracts? I want to hear about that one

quote:

CREATE JOBS

Adopt a full-employment policy and replace precarious work with well-paid, permanent jobs.
Enact a 32 hour work week with no loss in take-home pay.
Invest in value-added manufacturing and secondary industry.
Nationalize GM and build an affordable electric car and mass public transit. Retrofit and upgrade public infrastructure.
Build 1 million units of social housing.
Expand social programs.
Enact plant closure legislation.
Cancel job-destroying free trade deals.

RAISE WAGES, PENSIONS, AND EI

Raise the minimum wage to $20.
Enact universal pay and employment equity.
Raise EI benefits to 90% of previous earnings, and include coverage for first-time job seekers.
Increase public pensions, with full benefits at 60.
Enact a Labour Bill of Rights guaranteeing the right to strike, picket and organize.

Enact a liveable Guaranteed Annual Income.
Ban workfare.

Make post-secondary education free.
Cancel student debt.
Ban unpaid internships.

FULL GENDER EQUALITY

Close the wage gap.
Guarantee universally accessible abortion and reproductive health services, and free, quality public childcare across Canada.
Protect womens right to EI maternity coverage, and increase parental benefits.

TAX THE GREEDY, NOT THE NEEDY

Double the corporate tax rate.
Restore the capital tax.
Raise the capital gains tax to 100%.
Introduce wealth and inheritance taxes on estates over $1 million.
Eliminate taxes on incomes under $40,000.
Axe the HST.
Collect deferred corporate taxes close loopholes.
Enact progressive taxation based on ability to pay.

CURB CORPORATE POWER

Public ownership and democratic control of banks, insurance companies, pharmaceuticals, energy and natural resources, Bombardier, Air Canada, CN, and US automakers in Canada.
Repeal Deferred Prosecution Agreements.
Amend bankruptcy laws to put workers wages and pensions first.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Why isn't there a communist candidate in my riding then, smart guy?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

if you don't know who the communist candidate in your riding is, it's you

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
this election is so loving stupid already, gently caress this stupid county and everyone in it

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Powershift posted:

Abolish Canada

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
https://thebreaker.news/news/peschisolido-prc/

*Summon CI ritual*

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I, also, want to express my appreciation for that, particular power metal cover, of the Stan Rogers classic.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
There was an active shooter in a mall in Calgary and a Milestones made everybody pay their tab before leaving

https://twitter.com/Crackmacs/status/1173956062275411968?s=19

lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m has issued a correction as of 14:56 on Sep 17, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I love how the left has to justify every cent spent on the creation of social programs without a word about the long term savings, while the right promises to reduce everybody's taxes to zero without a loving peep from anybody of the cost, long term or short term.

Simple words. "What services and programs will the revenue lost from your tax cut impact?"

Instead it's "we'll do that guy's tax cut plus 5%"

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Powershift posted:

"What services and programs will the revenue lost from your tax cut impact?"

Zero. Any lost revenue will be made up for through ~*Efficiencies*~.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

if scheer takes office we are max three years away from two-tier healthcare

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

if you don't know who the communist candidate in your riding is, it's you

i encourage everyone to take this to extreme heart

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

if scheer takes office we are max three years away from two-tier healthcare

what happened to that charter challenge to the Canada health act from the private surgery place in BC?

Im excited for all the physician groups to pretend to care about peoples healthcare while they count the dollars they will make from privatization.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Powershift posted:

I love how the left has to justify every cent spent on the creation of social programs without a word about the long term savings, while the right promises to reduce everybody's taxes to zero without a loving peep from anybody of the cost, long term or short term.

Simple words. "What services and programs will the revenue lost from your tax cut impact?"

Instead it's "we'll do that guy's tax cut plus 5%"

Business are also not cash constrained in Canada. They are sitting on huge piles of dead money and also have easy access to credit. If there was a lot of profitable investments to be made they'd already be making them not waiting around for another income tax cut to make the money available.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

what happened to that charter challenge to the Canada health act from the private surgery place in BC?

Im excited for all the physician groups to pretend to care about peoples healthcare while they count the dollars they will make from privatization.

still waiting on a ruling. but harper hosed with the health act and i would be money on scheer heading down that path especially with so many provincial conservative governements publically attacking heathcare

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Helsing posted:

Business are also not cash constrained in Canada. They are sitting on huge piles of dead money and also have easy access to credit. If there was a lot of profitable investments to be made they'd already be making them not waiting around for another income tax cut to make the money available.

And the only thing preventing the formation of a capitalist utopia where everybody has 2 jobs is the minimum wage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lmao at Trudeau