Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Pat's weird, but funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrKci-AIXuE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
It's a shame Liam insists on doing the majority of his content solo because with even one other person around he's probably the funniest person in any given video.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The alternative is the Woolie approach, ie dragging your friends into your videos and being forced to construct bits around them having zero charisma.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Reggie is full of charisma :colbert:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

God I can't wait for the shitstorm of scariness this year :)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Pat's the one you're thinking of most likely. He's neither a bigot or a Gamergater, but his girlfriend is a collaborator. In fairness to her I think she's more profoundly ignorant than actually into that poo poo. Still though, finding out she associates with literal fascists really put me off watching their content.

That sounds right. Thanks!

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The alternative is the Woolie approach, ie dragging your friends into your videos and being forced to construct bits around them having zero charisma.

I'd been wondering lately if Woolie VS was going to instead be a Woolie & Friends since he seems to mostly only do LP stuff with others at this point. When was his last Kirby Lore video or other stuff like that? I realize that takes effort and he says he's drowning in the time of making a ton of LP videos... But those have been about the only things I liked on his channel aside from him and Pat doing stuff.

edit: Whoops, the whole reason I came was to post this.

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1173127883260387328

oh no

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I thought this too until I saw Woolie's recent Crawl video, which has major old-school SBF energy. Really, Reggie and Minh are fine. They just need more practice speaking on mic.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Emalde posted:

It's a shame Liam insists on doing the majority of his content solo because with even one other person around he's probably the funniest person in any given video.

Yeah. Recent evidence is that video with he and Matt playing River City Girls.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Not gonna lie, I fell off watching a lot of Woolie stuff at first since I wasn't a huge fan of Minh. They've definitely improved as a group though, even if I still lean more towards just watching the stuff that's just Woolie and Reggie. Really my biggest problem with watching Woolie's stuff is him not paying enough attention to the game to actually play it in half his videos. I think that's a somewhat common complaint though. :v:

Meanwhile I haven't watched any of Matt's solo stuff at all since the group broke up, since I was never into his solo commentary or weirder side content. And Pat is a standby of putting his streams on as background noise if I have nothing else to put on.

I'll keep listening to the podcast until it explodes however. Kinda surprised the guys haven't had any guests on still since turning into CSB, as I really would of expected Eli/Plague to have been in one by now.

Overlord K fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 17, 2019

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I thought this too until I saw Woolie's recent Crawl video, which has major old-school SBF energy. Really, Reggie and Minh are fine. They just need more practice speaking on mic.

That video also showed us where the three of them met, in a class for people with absolutely zero direction sense to the point where signs don't even help :v:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Overlord K posted:

Not gonna lie, I fell off watching a lot of Woolie stuff at first since I wasn't a huge fan of Minh. They've definitely improved as a group though, even if I still lean more towards just watching the stuff that's just Woolie and Reggie. Really my biggest problem with watching Woolie's stuff is him not paying enough attention to the game to actually play it in half his videos. I think that's a somewhat common complaint though. :v:

Meanwhile I haven't watched any of Matt's solo stuff at all since the group broke up, since I was never into his solo commentary or weirder side content. And Pat is a standby of putting his streams on as background noise if I have nothing else to put on.

I'll keep listening to the podcast until it explodes however. Kinda surprised the guys haven't had any guests on still since turning into CSB, as I really would of expected Eli/Plague to have been in one by now.

Ditto except I've watched most of the Wha Happuns? that Matt's made since.

Woolie's problem is pacing, probably always will be. The current habit of filling all time with banter as much as possible seems like a bad idea to me, he's dialed it back a bit from what I've seen in Astral Chain in favor of trying to pay more attention to the game but this results in him reading and doing ALL of the tutorials, an episode a bit ago was entirely in the same room I think. If those episodes were 45 minutes instead of 20~30 maybe it'd help but that balance is tricky and varies game to game, and part to part in the games. I think that particular LP should pick up a bit now that he's past that at least, still, game's long, he'll probably end up with 60~80 videos at this rate.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pacing is less of an LP issue and a Woolie issue. He's just slow, period, at playing games. It took him like 150+ hours to beat p3, as his most infamous example.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I feel like you have to be prepared for the Human Sandbag Experience if you're gonna watch a video with Minh, I can't even tell when he's doing it on purpose or when he's just Mr. Magooing his way thru humor. Sometimes it's amazing, sometimes it sinks a video. I like Reggie just fine tho, maybe he's just a bit too much like Woolie personality-wise so there's not a lot of contrast there but eh, it's fine.

Woolie is a slow player, which is kinda tiresome sometimes because it leads to a lot of dead/menu time and it's hard to make that stuff sound super interesting.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I too would like to know why CSB has yet to have any guest stars.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I just wish they would start taking frigging naps before recording CSB. Maybe it's always been this bad and I just never noticed before, but it seems like for the last few months half of the podcast is long silences where one of them ('one of' means 'Woolie') zones out for 10 seconds, or goes on a long fatigue-addled ramble that never goes anywhere. It's gotten to the point where if the podcast starts and one (or both of) them sound like zombies, I just close it and check the subreddit's CSB thread to see if anything really funny came up at a specific timestamp.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The podcasts where they're both zombies are the funniest ones, I don't know what you're talking about.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I think that at least for me it's a fine line. Like, Pat rambling about cubes for nine minutes is amazing, but both of them just kinda grunting and sighing through the whole thing grates on me a bit. It's like there's a fine line between lunacy and tedium. When they do thread the needle and deliver podcasts that are simultaneously incoherent and hilarious, though, it's great.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Pat and Woolie do seem to more and more frequently be in the "oh no I'm so tired hey guys I'm so tired this is a tired podcast I've had 400 redbulls man I'm still so tired oh it hurts I hope we go home soon I'm so tired" area.

Then I'm pretty confused when Woolie starts talking about when he wakes at the "ungodly early hour of 8AM" and then how he's too tired to stream or play video games or even talk to anyone when 8:30PM rolls around.

Their lifestyle truly will determine their deathstyle.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They should sleep better imo

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Pat frequently complains about having to get up at noon.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Andrast posted:

Especially when Woolie goes on about how good he feels when he's properly rested.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Speaking as a third shifter, your sleep schedule can be thrown out of whack for literally no loving reason and be completely unteneable for long stretches of time and sometimes even sleep aids don't do a loving thing to help (or, worse, dump you into a day+ long coma), so I can at least understand that their sleep schedules, like so many other peoples', are completely hosed.

Like yeah sure it is in fact easy to say "get more/better sleep" but how to do that is the real loving trick of the equation.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 18, 2019

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
IIRC Woolie runs/does Ippo poo poo in the mornings. Which I could totally understand wanting to sleep at like midday.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
They're both on sleep apnea gear too, aren't they? When you have trouble sleeping or even getting restful sleep at all you kinda develop poo poo sleep hygiene and it's pretty hard to fix it. That just compounds the problem.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Andrast posted:

But Woolie has that Caspar Mattress! How much better can has sleep get? :v:

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Pat frequently complains about having to get up at noon.

Pat's streams start at 8pm and go for like 4 to 6 hours on average sometimes 8, I think he also frequently says he goes to bed at like 4 or 5am. Is this good? Probably not.

Dias posted:

They're both on sleep apnea gear too, aren't they? When you have trouble sleeping or even getting restful sleep at all you kinda develop poo poo sleep hygiene and it's pretty hard to fix it. That just compounds the problem.

Does anyone else feel like sleep apnea is some fad or scam thing? Like it seems so prevalent I've been wondering if the testing apparatus often induces it or something. Maybe it's just me and my anecdotal social group.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Brightman posted:

Does anyone else feel like sleep apnea is some fad or scam thing? Like it seems so prevalent I've been wondering if the testing apparatus often induces it or something. Maybe it's just me and my anecdotal social group.

What

It's a serious medical condition, you're literally tested for this before getting a machine

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Tae posted:

What

It's a serious medical condition, you're literally tested for this before getting a machine

I guess I meant diagnosing it is a fad, not that it isn't real. So that's a no from you, but it seems insanely widespread from my perspective such that I wonder if the test is prone to false positives.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
A properly done test by medical professionals measures your breathing while you sleep. In short: no there are not really false positives like that. Whether or not self diagnosing is some common fad, I don’t know.

I think I recall Pat having said that he went through that entire procedure and gotten a proper diagnosis for it. Similarly I think that Pat have suggested to Woolie to get himself checked, but can’t really remember any further discussion about it after that?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Looking into it and roughly 6% of Americans have it, so I guess my friends and family are just hosed since...well if I limit it to extended family I actually know and close friends it's....about 25%, but that's just a sample of 40 and I'm not counting young kids which would put it at about 20%...I only started noticing it when I was at a wedding and more than a few friends from college had CPAP machines.

Anyway, listened to some of the podcast and it was a bit meta given the earlier discussion about them being zombies and uninteresting, although it was more along the lines of stupid entertainment versus fascinating subject matter.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I can’t stand pats streams anymore because he’s just constantly yawning and complaining about how sleepy he is at 8pm

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Brightman posted:

I guess I meant diagnosing it is a fad, not that it isn't real. So that's a no from you, but it seems insanely widespread from my perspective such that I wonder if the test is prone to false positives.
You are like two steps away from anti-vaxxing arguments

There is not some global sleep apnea diagnosis conspiracy, it's an actual widespread problem but people just didn't really pay attention to it before

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Also it's linked to obesity

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Ryan Davis died because of Sleep Apnea, so I'm gonna say it's a pretty big issue. :shepface:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, people are just getting diagnosed with sleep apnea more often. It's like mental health, we're probably not that much more depressed than other generations, we just seek treatment instead of (just) drinking ourselves to death.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You know I had been saying Matt and Liam on Sonic 2k6 has been the best post-SBFP LP but after watching Woolie and Super Eyepatch Wolf's friendship completely dissolve over a Goemon game I'm going to have to retract that.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait so Goemon is the reason Woolie refuses to watch more HxH?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Everyone posted:

Brightman is a dumb and lovely person.

Yeah, my bad.

Looking into it even further according to one paper "If studied carefully in a sleep lab by polysomnography (formal "sleep study"), it is believed that approximately 1 in 5 American adults would have at least mild [obstructed sleep apnea]", so 20% instead of 6%, which lines up more with how many people I know who have to buy distilled water constantly and have marks on their faces in the morning.

umalt posted:

Ryan Davis died because of Sleep Apnea, so I'm gonna say it's a pretty big issue. :shepface:

Did not know that, now I feel extra lovely and am ashamed of my words and actions even more, deservedly so.

Also the latest episode of Astral Chain Woolie put out was pretty good I guess, and it sounds like I should finish watching those Goemon episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The last three episodes of the Goemon LP have some all time quotes

"Listen, John, and I say this with all sincerity: you are not leaving until we see credits."