Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so that front page of todays sun...

https://twitter.com/benstokes38/status/1173893834377441280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/17/boris-johnson-likely-lose-supreme-court-case-labour-shami-chakrabarti posted:

The former supreme court justice Jonathan Sumption told BBC Newsnight he thought the government ought to win but suggested judges might be outraged at Johnson’s approach.

He said: “My own view is that the orthodox opinion is the one held by the English courts. But one has to accept that if you behave outrageously and defy the political culture upon which our constitution depends, a lot of judges are going to be tempted to push the limits.

“And the trouble is Boris Johnson has taken a hammer and sickle to our political culture in a way that is profoundly provocative to people who believe that there ought to be solutions consistent with our traditions.”

An excellent take. :discourse:

[Sickos gif here]

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Glee club. Yes I am serious. They also have tunes about Charlie Kennedy being an alky.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

stop making me like lib dems a smidge

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Burn down their offices, jail all their workers, guillotine their management

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

joedevola posted:

The flags are the result of the cognitive dissonance of Unionists being "British" despite living their whole lives in Ireland and speaking with an Irish accent.
This goes back to the "what is a nationality?" A miserable pile of shared secrets.

If you go by the 'language, faith, and customs' metric then they might be more British than most Brits.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

i had to go look up what the sun was and jesus christ there is no hell hot enough for these fucks

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
code:
 f
s*n
 c
 k
And so forth.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

That looks like Viv Rook

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I just twigged that the QC bringing the case against the government in the Supreme Court is named "Lord Pannick" lol.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

I just twigged that the QC bringing the case against the government in the Supreme Court is named "Lord Pannick" lol.

I mean if anyone's going to be in charge of Project Fear

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Its all project Fear when you get down to it....

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i had to go look up what the sun was and jesus christ there is no hell hot enough for these fucks

Wow, which Goons tried to murder Rachel Riley's unborn Jewish baby? The ultimate act of leftist antisemitism.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

would be better if he was a general tbqh

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

HJB posted:

code:
 f
s*n
 c
 k
And so forth.

What's missing? U are!

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
swinson is having a really loving shitter of a time lol https://twitter.com/Richard_Scorer/status/1173919573520912384

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/lara_eleanor/status/1173924503396786177?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jo Swinson is enough to make a liberal crave for the return of gay frog man Farron. Spectacular levels of foot in mouth

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Another year, another conference, another round of CAC twattery:

https://labourlist.org/2019/09/activists-accuse-conference-body-of-stitch-up-over-immigration-policy/

quote:

A proposal promoted by the Labour Campaign for Free Movement (LCFM), submitted by five local parties, called on the party to promote immigration, extend free movement and back other specific policies – including the closure of all detention centres.

A separate campaign, Labour Against Racism and Fascism (LARAF), drafted a motion that was sent to conference by seven local parties. It called on the next Labour government to “end the detention estate” as well as “adopt a community-led response for migrants”.

Both motions share a key pledge – the closure of all detention centres, rather than only those with the worst reputations – but they have been categorised differently, which risks splitting the vote in the priorities ballot at conference.

And here I thought we were going to put a stop to the whole “weaponising procedure against the membership” thing

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/barneyfarmer/status/1173837404362481664

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

forkboy84 posted:

Jo Swinson is enough to make a liberal crave

All the liberal craves is a fascist to call daddy.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Wrong, it’s because he’s so widely and uniformly respected and loved that no one would dare deface his image CHUKKA ASCENDANT

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Sounds like Plaid are pivoting to Revoke as well now

e: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-49729831

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

forkboy84 posted:

Wow, which Goons tried to murder Rachel Riley's unborn Jewish baby? The ultimate act of leftist antisemitism.

Honestly, I really miss the days where she was just the attractive numbers girl from countdown. I cant loving stand her nowadays, shes so disingenuous.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Its pretty boring so whatever but this guy has somewhat dishonestly cropped out the earlier tweets which she considered to be the insult to her politics. But eh...

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

FiftySeven posted:

Honestly, I really miss the days where she was just the attractive numbers girl from countdown. I cant loving stand her nowadays, shes so disingenuous.

My inappropriate Rachel Riley fantasies have gone from sexual to whispering in her ear about how her tax rate is going to double and welfare spending will increase and public homes will be built in record numbers and we'll recognise the statehood of Palestine.

Fnaar.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDH4TGDMvFw

Here is a stream of the UK Supreme Court hearing. I just watched an hour of a doorway, and a few Gammons screaming "WE VOTED TO LEAVE, WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND" but now they're starting up again

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

#whatislove

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Wait is he a lib dem now, I completely forgot.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Private Speech posted:

Yes. He's the Shadow Foreign Secretary.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Private Speech posted:

Has been for a good few weeks now.

I'm starting to think he might not manage a fourth political party before the New Year.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The shadow shadowed shadow foreign secretary you mean

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Its pretty boring so whatever but this guy has somewhat dishonestly cropped out the earlier tweets which she considered to be the insult to her politics. But eh...

yeah, no, that's his first tweet in that thread

she's claiming that him referring to a "centrist clique" is an insult and refusing to engage with him because of that

reading comprehension's really not that hard if you put a bit of effort into it

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Yes. He's the Shadow Foreign Secretary.

He's not and I just told him so on Twitter

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

sebzilla posted:

Sounds like Plaid are pivoting to Revoke as well now

e: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-49729831

loving lol

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

He's the 5 o'clock shadow foreign secretary.

(4pm was ChukTIG. 6pm is running for Mayor of Newcastle for some reason).

Acting like a Libdem,
Looking like a TIG,
Got no commitment
But I love this gig,
it's a 5 o'clock shadow foreign
secretary post,
Talking with m'colleagues
whose seats aren't toast.

Streatham is out, and
cities are in.
(Though if I stayed I'd
definitely win)
To show we're not a
bunch of Cleggs
Take my pic eating
lunch at Greggs

Pasties and a donut,
Sausage in a roll,
Munching through the pastry
til the cameras go home.

(With apologies to Mr Waits)

Bobstar fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 17, 2019

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
You know what? With all this Jo Swanson stuff, I think I'm gonna have a smoke and listen to Tim Peaks. There are still some benefits to being unemployed.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

So Lord Keen's argument is that the prorogation might be unlawful, but it happened, so tough poo poo

Debbie Does Dagon fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

sebzilla posted:

He's not and I just told him so on Twitter

But he says he is, are you accusing him of lying? :stare: